Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-22 14:28:17 Reply

Even though inXile has only started working on Wasteland 2, I'm more excited for that game than Diablo 3, even though I preordered both.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-22 22:43:24 Reply

I am going to miss this beta when it is gone, because I will have to wait almost a month to play this game again.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-23 03:36:17 Reply

3 of my characters are level 13, only 2 more to go!

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
xoltice
xoltice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-26 14:35:55 Reply

Ok, so if anyone has played before open beta, the skill system was quite different.

Is the new system (during open beta) going to carry over to launch?

The lack of skill customization really pissed me off.

I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-26 17:48:26 Reply

At 4/26/12 02:35 PM, xoltice wrote: Ok, so if anyone has played before open beta, the skill system was quite different.

What do you mean skill customization? They have runes to where you can spice up your moves and shit.

BBS Signature
Gunmage
Gunmage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-26 18:19:04 Reply

Can't wait for this game to be released!

Unfortunately I missed the open beta, but I've seen videos on YT about the gameplay, looks like it's going to be awesome!

BBS Signature
xoltice
xoltice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-26 18:49:05 Reply

At 4/26/12 05:48 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 4/26/12 02:35 PM, xoltice wrote: Ok, so if anyone has played before open beta, the skill system was quite different.

What do you mean skill customization? They have runes to where you can spice up your moves and shit.

basicallly this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4175827890

Everything is locked into place, and theres really no choice of what skills you're unlocking.

I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-26 21:37:45 Reply

At 4/26/12 06:49 PM, xoltice wrote:
basicallly this:

Everything is locked into place, and theres really no choice of what skills you're unlocking.

Go to the options and turn on "elective mode".

BBS Signature
DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-27 12:55:27 Reply

There's not a lack of customization. There's a shift in the way you'll be customizing. This is the most repeated argument against D3 lately because nobody cares to read about the new system and make realistic comparisons to D2. All people know is, "Skills are unlocked automatically? You don't put points into attributes or skills to better them? LOL WHAT THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!"

But then if you actually read up on the changes it doesn't take long to realize they never took stuff out, they just reworked it and made it different. Attributes level up on their own now, but you now have the ability to customize what attributes you want via gemming your armor. Need more health, put in some health gems. Need more Dex, put in some dexterity gems. It's just a different method now, and you'll have a lot more choices this time around than you did in D2. First, gems give more to your attributes than you got in D2 from leveling, so the amount you can customize has gone up. Second, there was no real customization in D2. The system was broke and there was only an illusion you could make a unique character. Stats meant nothing besides vitality. You needed Strength for equipping items and that was it. You needed Dexerity to max out your block rate and to equip some items, that's it. Energy was useless. Dump the rest in Vitality.

As for skills, that was another illusion in D2. There's like 3 - 4 viable builds for every class in D2, and they've been the same builds from when the game came out. You can make other builds, but after normal mode you're going to fail hard. You focus all your points in a few skills and use them the entire game. In D3 you'll actually be using all 6 of the skills you're allowed to have at once. I don't know about you, but casting Blessed Hammer or using Whirl Wind to kill every single thing in the game gets pretty dull. It was cool back in 2000, but games have grown and evolved and people expect more now. Just because you aren't artificially clicking a button to make a number go up every time you level doesn't mean the game lost it's customization.

There's much more depth and stuff you can do in D3 than there ever was in D2. Even in the beta I was using more skills and variety than I would the entire time with a character in D2.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit. New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-27 13:18:47 Reply

At 4/27/12 12:55 PM, DirtySyko wrote: gems give more to your attributes than you got in D2 from leveling, so the amount you can customize has gone up.

I hope the gem system doesn't go the way WoW did.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-30 08:32:24 Reply

D3 minus 2 weeks.

I'm getting a new computer and all for this shit -.-

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-30 12:25:28 Reply

At 4/26/12 09:37 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 4/26/12 06:49 PM, xoltice wrote:
basicallly this:

Go to the options and turn on "elective mode".

^this. I was pretty pissed about the new skill system, until I heard about elective mode. Now I really digg the new system.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-04-30 17:36:40 Reply

At 4/30/12 12:25 PM, Tally1989 wrote:
^this. I was pretty pissed about the new skill system, until I heard about elective mode. Now I really digg the new system.

Most of the time the new skill system separates the skills into all the different genres you need one of anyways. But if you can turn elective mode on and still kick ass then power to you.

BBS Signature
Gunmage
Gunmage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-04 15:03:11 Reply

Yes!! Officially pre ordered this shit today... so fucking pumped, now to stick it out for another 11 days.

I plan on making the Demon Hunter my primary class, obviously messing around with the others as well, but the DH is what really had me sold on buying this game. Been watching videos of the gameplay on Youtube, I seriously CANNOT wait for this! I missed the open beta, so everything will be new to me.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-04 19:37:15 Reply

At 4/30/12 05:36 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 4/30/12 12:25 PM, Tally1989 wrote:
Most of the time the new skill system separates the skills into all the different genres you need one of anyways. But if you can turn elective mode on and still kick ass then power to you.

Really? When I played monk and demon hunter. Some of the skills seemed really lame/worthless.

BBS Signature
Lolzer
Lolzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-12 14:21:01 Reply

Just 2 more days, i can't hold the excitement!! Are you guys going to a midnight event or are you going to wait for the servers to open at home?

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-12 16:39:43 Reply

At 5/12/12 02:21 PM, Lolzer wrote: Just 2 more days, i can't hold the excitement!! Are you guys going to a midnight event or are you going to wait for the servers to open at home?

I'd rather wait at home than look like a dumbass in an EB games or a Future Shop for 12 hours.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-12 17:10:55 Reply

Finally, after all these years of waiting there's only 3 more days to come of this madness: waiting for the next installment in my all time favorite PC series.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-12 20:41:00 Reply

I ordered mine on Amazon and it was the first time I did that for a game. Will I have to wait a few days after the game is released, or will they set it up to where I will receive the game on time?

BBS Signature
Exile
Exile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-12 21:47:29 Reply

I've been looking forward to this game for awhile, one of the most important things think you all should know is that LEAH IS DIABLO LEAH IS DIABLO LEAH IS DIABLO LEAH IS DIABLO LEAH IS DIABLO

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-12 23:03:48 Reply

At 5/12/12 08:41 PM, Cootie wrote: I ordered mine on Amazon and it was the first time I did that for a game. Will I have to wait a few days after the game is released, or will they set it up to where I will receive the game on time?

Why didn't you just buy a digital copy? It's more simple and you get to play the second the game is launched. : /

A box and some guide ain't worth the hassle, lol.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-13 01:40:04 Reply

At 5/12/12 11:03 PM, Gambit wrote:
Why didn't you just buy a digital copy? It's more simple and you get to play the second the game is launched. : /

A box and some guide ain't worth the hassle, lol.

Because I am a moron who didn't think of that at the time.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-13 01:47:56 Reply

Waiting to defeat Diablo 3.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-13 22:31:34 Reply

So today I was offered by my friend the collector's edition for $90. Now here's the thing, I never played any of the Diablo games. I am aware, however, that you get Diablo 1 and 2 from the collector's edition (I think) from a usb. I have seen some gameplay videos and it looks pretty sweet. I honestly don't really care about the graphics,

Would I like this game if I liked Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Morrowind, Baldur's Gate, and Dragon Age: Origins? Also, do the Diablo games have lots of loot? I love loot.

Xbox live: C0n Queso PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-14 05:24:51 Reply

At 5/13/12 10:31 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: So today I was offered by my friend the collector's edition for $90. Now here's the thing, I never played any of the Diablo games. I am aware, however, that you get Diablo 1 and 2 from the collector's edition (I think) from a usb. I have seen some gameplay videos and it looks pretty sweet. I honestly don't really care about the graphics,

Would I like this game if I liked Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Morrowind, Baldur's Gate, and Dragon Age: Origins? Also, do the Diablo games have lots of loot? I love loot.

I would say go for it, I'm sure you'll like it.

Myself am gonna be a fly ass witch doctor. Demon Hunter is surely to be the overused class.

BBS Signature
Lolzer
Lolzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-14 05:43:00 Reply

I would say go for it, I'm sure you'll like it.

Myself am gonna be a fly ass witch doctor. Demon Hunter is surely to be the overused class.

I was actually really surprised on the various Polls that blizzard did and other sites did. Demon Hunter is probably the 3rd class most favoured to begin with. Barbarian is the first one and witch doctor or monk is the last. I thought demon hunter was going to be the first, though i guess people want to feel overpowered in the game.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-14 12:24:03 Reply

At 5/13/12 01:40 AM, Cootie wrote: Because I am a moron who didn't think of that at the time.

Also you save the tax by buying the online version ;)

Who else is about to go to sleep, to wake up one hour before the launch of the servers? I just spent the whole night playing poker fuelled by energy drinks... been awake 30+ hours. can't wait! :P

Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-14 13:49:47 Reply

15 hours till the servers go live!

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-14 18:53:29 Reply

Waiting patiently for the game to start.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-14 20:27:56 Reply

It's been a long ten year wait that's for sure, too bad I am too broke to afford it right now.
My brother is getting it for his birthday tomorrow, and I am going to be using my old WoW account because my friend put a one year pass thing or whatever that whole deal was, my client will be done downloading in three hours - I just wish I could play as soon as it's done. :(

Yeah, whatever. PSN ID: REDSiN66