Be a Supporter!

Miss Universe contestant dis...

  • 3,621 Views
  • 163 Replies
New Topic
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 07:05:05

At 3/30/12 01:23 AM, Revo357912 wrote: Like I said, with some of these, give them a functioning vagina, and I would say it'd be perfectly fine to call them women.

"functional". No periods, menopause, etc.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Member since: May. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 07:53:24

At 3/30/12 01:23 AM, Revo357912 wrote:
Like I said, with some of these, give them a functioning vagina, and I would say it'd be perfectly fine to call them women.

If that's your only criteria then you're a fucking idiot.
I can see the sense behind saying if they haven't got two X chromosomes they aren't women even if I completely disagree with it but you clearly agree they are women in their minds and physique but because they can't give birth or have periods they aren't women?

What about people born women that have an accident or something that renders their vagina non-functioning? Are they now genderless?

Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 11:36:57

At 3/30/12 07:53 AM, SnoopyChicken wrote:
At 3/30/12 01:23 AM, Revo357912 wrote:
Like I said, with some of these, give them a functioning vagina, and I would say it'd be perfectly fine to call them women.
If that's your only criteria then you're a fucking idiot.
I can see the sense behind saying if they haven't got two X chromosomes they aren't women even if I completely disagree with it but you clearly agree they are women in their minds and physique but because they can't give birth or have periods they aren't women?

What about people born women that have an accident or something that renders their vagina non-functioning? Are they now genderless?

I mean as in a vagina that was meant to work, idiot. The reason being a woman's vagina helps control their hormone levels. Thats why they have periods and such. The ovaries are a main producer of estrogen, and would therefore would keep their bodies womanly, basically. Even women who are born sterile have ovaries that produce estrogen. Not only that, but hormones can alter dna to a certain level as well. And women who had their vaginas messed up actually do have problems including depression because of the lack of estrogen they need. Hormone replacement therapy isn't the same as an organ thats connected to your body and regulates hormone usage and monitors how much it needs.


BBS Signature
DM692
DM692
  • Member since: May. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 11:57:12

It's absolutely horrible that even though she's clearly gone through so much to not be seen as a man, but the organizers still see her as one. Even though their ruling on this matter sucks, it's completely their right, (I'm assuming) it's a privately run competition, so whatever rules they lay down gotta be followed.

From the other point of view, apparently she did lie about the gender reassignment, so she probably knew what she was getting into.


BBS Signature
SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Member since: May. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 12:14:15

At 3/30/12 11:36 AM, Revo357912 wrote:
I mean as in a vagina that was meant to work, idiot. The reason being a woman's vagina helps control their hormone levels. Thats why they have periods and such. The ovaries are a main producer of estrogen, and would therefore would keep their bodies womanly, basically. Even women who are born sterile have ovaries that produce estrogen. Not only that, but hormones can alter dna to a certain level as well. And women who had their vaginas messed up actually do have problems including depression because of the lack of estrogen they need. Hormone replacement therapy isn't the same as an organ thats connected to your body and regulates hormone usage and monitors how much it needs.

So menopausal women are no longer women? Because they aren't getting the same amount of estrogen as a woman with a fully working vagina, and will often have hormone therapy.
And what about women born without ovaries? Are you seriously telling me they aren't women because there own bodies can't regulate the correct level of estrogen?
Hell women on the pill are altering their own estorgen and proestrogen levels so they aren't women either right?
This argument is just so stupid as to be mind boggling.

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 12:20:56

I think if your surgery was good enough that you could qualify for Miss Universe in the first place, then you're clearly no longer male and should be allowed to compete.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

MushookieMan
MushookieMan
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 12:27:58

At 3/30/12 12:14 PM, SnoopyChicken wrote: So menopausal women are no longer women? Because they aren't getting the same amount of estrogen as a woman with a fully working vagina, and will often have hormone therapy.
And what about women born without ovaries? Are you seriously telling me they aren't women because there own bodies can't regulate the correct level of estrogen?
Hell women on the pill are altering their own estorgen and proestrogen levels so they aren't women either right?
This argument is just so stupid as to be mind boggling.

Your argument that external alterations + hormone therapy makes someone a woman is mind-bogglingly stupid and doesn't take genetics into account at all.


BBS Signature
Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 12:39:09

At 3/30/12 12:14 PM, SnoopyChicken wrote:
At 3/30/12 11:36 AM, Revo357912 wrote:
I mean as in a vagina that was meant to work, idiot. The reason being a woman's vagina helps control their hormone levels. Thats why they have periods and such. The ovaries are a main producer of estrogen, and would therefore would keep their bodies womanly, basically. Even women who are born sterile have ovaries that produce estrogen. Not only that, but hormones can alter dna to a certain level as well. And women who had their vaginas messed up actually do have problems including depression because of the lack of estrogen they need. Hormone replacement therapy isn't the same as an organ thats connected to your body and regulates hormone usage and monitors how much it needs.
So menopausal women are no longer women? Because they aren't getting the same amount of estrogen as a woman with a fully working vagina, and will often have hormone therapy.
And what about women born without ovaries? Are you seriously telling me they aren't women because there own bodies can't regulate the correct level of estrogen?
Hell women on the pill are altering their own estorgen and proestrogen levels so they aren't women either right?
This argument is just so stupid as to be mind boggling.

Yes, because estrogen therapy and the pill always have existed in history.
Read up some biology and the importance of the vagina, then come back. I'm only saying that this should be an important requirement for a transgender to become a full fledged woman, not the only factor. Would you consider a dude with a working vagina a woman? no, right? Thats what I meant. No use arguing with someone who lacks common sense and simply reacts blindly. Good day, person.


BBS Signature
SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Member since: May. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 12:42:14

At 3/30/12 12:39 PM, Revo357912 wrote:
Yes, because estrogen therapy and the pill always have existed in history.

How is that relevant?

Read up some biology and the importance of the vagina, then come back.

Actually mate the vagina doesn't produce any hormones. The vagina is the bit that you fuck, it's all the stuff behind that that you're going on about.

I'm only saying that this should be an important requirement for a transgender to become a full fledged woman, not the only factor.

You said "Like I said, with some of these, give them a functioning vagina, and I would say it'd be perfectly fine to call them women." That's what started this.

Would you consider a dude with a working vagina a woman? no, right? Thats what I meant.

Not if they were a dude no, but if they then got a penis grafted on you would consider them a dude right? Yeah same.

No use arguing with someone who lacks common sense and simply reacts blindly. Good day, person.

Good day.

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 14:15:10

At 3/30/12 01:02 PM, Rummy0 wrote: Technically and legally she is a woman now and that's enough to let her in the competition, this sucks.

Really? Does it have any ovaries, fallopian tubes, and all that good stuff?


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 14:31:00

At 3/29/12 09:02 PM, bgraybr wrote: Well I actually couldn't tell which one was the tranny when I looked at the picture and many people here seem to agree, so wouldn't you say that it's close enough? What if a woman was disqualified (not just voted off or whatever) just because she looked manly?

The reason you couldn't tell which one was the tranny is revealed in the caption of the photo:
"South Korea's Mini, left, joins Canada's Jenna Talackova at the Miss International Queen 2010 transgender beauty pageant."

Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 14:33:45

Aw I thought the title said Miss Universe Contestant Dies.

This is kind of boring now,

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 17:05:33

If I get my dick turned inside out can I compete in womens boxing?


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 17:07:11

At 3/30/12 05:05 PM, Cootie wrote: If I get my dick turned inside out can I compete in womens boxing?

No.

Because fuck you, that's why.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-03-30 18:54:15

I think its right. just because you have a little piece of paper that says your a woman so you feel "politically correct" doesn't override science, if IT doesn't have: TWO X CHROMOSONES, two ovaries and filopian tubes. you aren't a woman.

once again liberal PC'ness gone crazy...

SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Member since: May. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 09:41:37

Common sense prevailed.

Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 09:49:11

Miss universe contests shouldn't exist until we have an intelligent alien species with females to which we can compete.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 11:11:11

At 4/11/12 09:41 AM, SnoopyChicken wrote: Common sense prevailed.

That isn't common sense. Letting XY into XX competitions is PC bullshit.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Musician
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 11:43:21

At 4/11/12 09:41 AM, SnoopyChicken wrote: Common sense prevailed.

I actually debated creating a new topic about her being allowed in. Mostly sense history here on the BBS seems to show people don't read the whole thread and just post after seeing page one.

Nice to see she's allowed in though, really doubt a men's pageant of some kind of would let her in after having surgery and all to become a female (although she still lacks some female parts and the ability to reproduce/be on a period).


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
karlu20
karlu20
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 13:14:32

At 4/11/12 11:11 AM, RacistBassist wrote: That isn't common sense. Letting XY into XX competitions is PC bullshit.

Gender/ sex is a whole hell of a lot more complicated than chromosomes. For instance there's AIS.

And there's these to consider.

But wait, there's more.

Blog about transsexuals, loaded with sources.

And that doesn't even begin to take into account that she is legally a woman now.


BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 13:20:40

At 4/11/12 01:14 PM, karlu20 wrote: Gender/ sex is a whole hell of a lot more complicated than chromosomes. For instance there's AIS.

Does this person have AIS?

And there's these to consider.

Does this person have any of the above?

But wait, there's more.

Still doesn't get around the whole XX vs XY thing.

Blog about transsexuals, loaded with sources.

Blogs=lol.

And that doesn't even begin to take into account that she is legally a woman now.

Legally? That doesn't mean shit when talking about SCIENCE!


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Raab
Raab
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 13:29:09

This just goes to show you that 99% of those "perfect women" is artificial.


BBS Signature
karlu20
karlu20
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 13:34:57

At 4/11/12 01:20 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Does this person have AIS?

No, but AIS (and other intersex people) show(s) chromosomes and genitalia are not the ultimate deciding factor people have been touting them as.

Does this person have any of the above?

As a matter of fact, yes. Did you read the links?

Still doesn't get around the whole XX vs XY thing.

That's addressed in the first four links and several others on my blog.

Blogs=lol.

Not reading sources=lol. Dismissing sources arbitrarily=lol.

Legally? That doesn't mean shit when talking about SCIENCE!

All my sources were scientific. The only that aren't are in the bonus "Throughout History" section on my blog. And in the case of the OP's issue legality is the deciding factor.

Now please read the links I provided.


BBS Signature
dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 14:49:06

Welp, I guess that kills any reason I have go a watch a Miss Universe beauty pageant, seeing that women and men can now participate.


Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
JBKalso
JBKalso
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 16:21:10

I'm glad she was let back in. Heard of this a while ago. But did this really have to be bumped? It was a really shitty thread and Newgrounds is not mature enough to discuss this type of thing.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool."-FurryFox
This is a temporary account. see JBK
Groups: Gay/Bi Users, Last.fmClub

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Musician
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 16:25:42

At 4/11/12 04:21 PM, JBKalso wrote: I'm glad she was let back in. Heard of this a while ago. But did this really have to be bumped? It was a really shitty thread and Newgrounds is not mature enough to discuss this type of thing.

Obviously, I thought of making a new thread about it but seeing this bumped is fine with me as it is the same subject. Beauty pageants are getting a smaller and smaller audience everywhere. I don't see much of a problem with letting someone who went through hormone therapy and a sex change competing in this.

They don't have any kind of advantage over the other women there in the first place. Not like she's the only there who has gotten surgery. Pretty sure a good amount of the others competing have gotten plastic surgery and breast implants and the like.


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
lolomfgisuck
lolomfgisuck
  • Member since: Jul. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 18:20:41

Full sex change -- Go for it -- no more fake then all those other girls tits

Still has a penis -- denied -- you're still a dude.


John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 18:49:49

I think its right. just because you have a little piece of paper that says your a woman so you feel "politically correct" doesn't override science, if IT doesn't have: TWO X CHROMOSONES, two ovaries and filopian tubes. you aren't a woman.

you are a man genetically and physically

YOUR DISQUALIFIED. get over it.

SpartanBunny
SpartanBunny
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 19:03:31

I don't see what the big deal is. Feeling like a girl is different from actually having the surgery.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Musician
Response to Miss Universe contestant dis... 2012-04-11 19:05:05

At 4/11/12 07:03 PM, SpartanBunny wrote: I don't see what the big deal is. Feeling like a girl is different from actually having the surgery.

Glad to see the ban is over though and she was allowed to compete.


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature