New Topic Respond to this Topic
Internetgod
Internetgod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Mar. 27th, 2012 @ 07:54 PM Reply

I just got FL studio and I want to get some techno sounds like the ones used by DJ's and stuff. I want something I can get for free since I dont really have a lot of money. Can someone tell me where I can find sounds for free?

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Mar. 27th, 2012 @ 10:00 PM Reply

Many of techno sounds that people use around here are made with synths. I guess that you are pretty new to the music composition and it's not to discourage you but to compose any type of electronic music like electro, trance, dubstep or ambient you are going to need to learn music theory. If you already know this but you are still are new to FL I wouldn't recommend you to start getting into the synths yet. Yoy can download some electronic samples here

Wish Luck :D

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Mar. 27th, 2012 @ 10:22 PM Reply

I like using the Ogun synth in FL, it's fun and easy to use just to get some weirder more electronic sounds. I doubt they're quite what you're looking for but you might be surprised and like I said, it's easy to get into.

bluebooblue
bluebooblue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Mar. 28th, 2012 @ 03:52 PM Reply

Ehh---Music Theory for Techno or Trance?
Actually, I think you just need to know how to play an instrument, but of course, knowing music theory would make it way much easier.

What you really need is knowing about music structure.

about the techno sounds, you can download synths for free at VST4free, google it
A VST its the virtual instrument that will aid you with the creation of your music in FL, what you do is downloading the file and then you cut it and paste it to the "VSTplugins" folder.
after that, you go to FL, go to Channels-More-Refresh-Fast Scan
and your VST will be redlighted!

and well, for the techno sounds and stuff, you just got to search in the website, I recommend Vanguard.
just search, you will be amazed by the variety of sounds people can think of !
Wish you the best of luck.

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 05:59 PM Reply

At 3/28/12 03:52 PM, bluebooblue wrote: Ehh---Music Theory for Techno or Trance?
Actually, I think you just need to know how to play an instrument, but of course, knowing music theory would make it way much easier.

about the techno sounds, you can download synths for free at VST4free, google it
A VST its the virtual instrument that will aid you with the creation of your music in FL, what you do is downloading the file and then you cut it and paste it to the "VSTplugins" folder.

and well, for the techno sounds and stuff, you just got to search in the website, I recommend Vanguard.

Well actually any correct song that anyone makes should be make by the rules of harmony. How are you going to compose a techno or trance without harmony? just imagine a trance song that the composer just threw a bunch of notes because he like it. In the point of knowing a instrument I got say that of course you got to know an instrument but sadly there are many instrument players that they actually doesn't know how to actually compose a song. I am not offended or anything like it I am just making a point :D

bluebooblue
bluebooblue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 11:43 AM Reply

At 3/30/12 05:59 PM, TR0KY wrote:
At 3/28/12 03:52 PM, bluebooblue wrote: Ehh---Music Theory for Techno or Trance?

Well actually any correct song that anyone makes should be make by the rules of harmony. How are you going to compose a techno or trance without harmony? just imagine a trance song that the composer just threw a bunch of notes because he like it. In the point of knowing a instrument I got say that of course you got to know an instrument but sadly there are many instrument players that they actually doesn't know how to actually compose a song. I am not offended or anything like it I am just making a point :D

and you do have a good point :) I'm sorry I don't really know many people and all I've learn about music I've learned it on my own so I don't really know how other people learns D; but sure it is important to know about harmony, just that sometimes you can learn that on your own, at least for techno and trance

now if we're going to talk about major pieces, music theory is mostly needed n-n

the thing is one has to learn in any way possible! street, professional, one has to take it all in! and the best way to start
its trying till you get it

and no I never mean to offend or anything!, have a good day!

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 05:44 PM Reply

At 3/31/12 11:43 AM, bluebooblue wrote:
and you do have a good point :) I'm sorry I don't really know many people and all I've learn about music I've learned it on my own so I don't really know how other people learns D; but sure it is important to know about harmony, just that sometimes you can learn that on your own, at least for techno and trance

now if we're going to talk about major pieces, music theory is mostly needed n-n

the thing is one has to learn in any way possible! street, professional, one has to take it all in! and the best way to start
its trying till you get it

and no I never mean to offend or anything!, have a good day!

Yeah that is true in fact I learned on my own and then my music professor told me everything I had to learn. I am totally with you in the part of learn in anyway possible because I know lots of people who play really awesome but when they go to play for example latin music (I live in Puerto Rico) they actually doesn't has what it requires to play live.

MF-Greth
MF-Greth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:17 PM Reply

Sytrus, Ogun, Harmor, Harmless, PoiZone, etc. All these do fine, depending on what you're looking for.

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:07 PM Reply

At 3/30/12 05:59 PM, TR0KY wrote: Stuff

I know exactly zero music theory, does that mean I can't produce any good music? All of my notes are slapped together until I think they sound good, does that mean I suck?

Hm...

I don't think music theory is absolutely relevant in the field of electronic music. I agree that it would be very helpful, but I won't say that it is crucial to the development of a good track.

BBS Signature
ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:13 PM Reply

@OP

I would recommend checking out the default FL Studio synthesizers and looking up YouTube tutorials for creating sounds within those various VSTi's. You can find some especially great examples for 3xOSC and Sytrus. Though, 3xOSC is somewhat limited, it is extremely easy to use and very flexible. Our very own Kazmo is unbelievably handy with that particular synthesizer.

What it's going to come down to is; Which synth do you find is most comfortable for you? Which one helps you slam the most impressive sounds?

For me, that answer is Lennar Digital's Sylenth1.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:20 PM Reply

At 4/2/12 04:07 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote: I don't think music theory is absolutely relevant in the field of electronic music. I agree that it would be very helpful, but I won't say that it is crucial to the development of a good track.

This.

Music theory will make harmony, melody composition, etc... infinitely easier, but it's not absolutely necessary. I do strongly recommend, at the very least, learning a bit of basic theory before moving on to making music though, regardless of what genre you're composing. Mostly just learn about different key/time signatures, the names of the notes, differences between major/minor, that sort of stuff.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:22 PM Reply

pfft dj's don't need to know music theory they need to know beats and how to drop da bass

p.s. i am gay

Ukropz
Ukropz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Techno Sounds for FL studio 10? Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 3/27/12 07:54 PM, Internetgod wrote: I just got FL studio and I want to get some techno sounds like the ones used by DJ's and stuff. I want something I can get for free since I dont really have a lot of money. Can someone tell me where I can find sounds for free?

well if you go to the main channel window, like where you make the beats and shit, right click on any of them and click insert and scroll down to either "Harmor" Or "Sytrus" then click the top right corner and go to presets and a whole bunch of options will come up, such as Arp sounds, Bass sounds, Lead sounds, and what not. any of those will work really

Techno Sounds for FL studio 10?