00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking For Music Composer (paid)

2,211 Views | 19 Replies

Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-27 04:30:19

hi guys,

Im a female singer who has had a story in mind for some music except I don't compose (yea I know FAIL!) and I was looking to hiring a composer. I've looked through this site for a while and finally got the initiative to sign up for it. I would like about 5 songs and yes this is a paid gig. We can talk out the details through e-mails to discuss specifics. I guess if I had to choose 5 words to describe the music Im looking to make is bombastic and orchestral with speed metal elements. Its a tall order but hey anything is possible right?

thanks for looking (:

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-27 08:07:16

Hi!

I'm Nick, a part of the music & audio team Symphony of Specters. We can help you with the custom audio you're looking for.

5 tracks is a big amount of music if each track is at least 3 minutes or more, but we can do it. We do bombastic, we do orchestral, we do metal!

Just get in touch with more details at http://www.symphonyofspecters.com/contact and we'll take it from there. Thanks :)

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-27 08:22:39

Yea I would just hook up with NickPerrin for that.

And Nick. Go get paid :P

BBS Signature

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-27 14:50:45

I've heard a rumor that there's a Metal songwriting contest going on from now through April. There aren't many entries yet, but it's still early.

Or, you can take a look through the Metal/Rock section and see if anything there takes your fancy.

If you find something you like, just contact the artist. Most people would be more than happy to write music for money! It's better to find a musician whose style you like first, rather than hiring an entity like Symphony of Specters, where you'd be going in without much idea of what you're looking for. (No offense to SoS. I've heard a couple of good tracks from you guys.)

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-27 15:56:31

Hey! My name's Sam and if it's not too late, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for this project. I'm just starting out but I do have access to a great studio and some of the best musicians in the country. More importantly this project sounds like a lot of fun and I would be a fool not to try to get some part in it!

Feel free to send me an email @ skindle@berklee.net if you feel like and and we can talk more.

Thanks!

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-28 06:33:09

Hi there ^^. I'd like to take part in this as well if you'll have me. Most of my songs are on my page if you want to preview what I can do.

BBS Signature

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-28 12:57:14

At 3/27/12 02:50 PM, RampantMusik wrote: It's better to find a musician whose style you like first, rather than hiring an entity like Symphony of Specters, where you'd be going in without much idea of what you're looking for. (No offense to SoS. I've heard a couple of good tracks from you guys.)

No offense taken, but I must say that this is most definitely a misrepresentation of what we do. We have reels and style/genre demos that our clients can check out that give them a good idea of what they're looking for! In addition, not only do we get in-depth details from any client on what they want for their project, including any reference material they want us to use as a style guide, we also offer a number of revisions for each and every track we make, for FREE, to meet a client's needs should our first efforts not be exactly what they were thinking of.

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-28 13:18:43

No offense taken, but I must say that this is most definitely a misrepresentation of what we do. We have reels and style/genre demos that our clients can check out that give them a good idea of what they're looking for! In addition, not only do we get in-depth details from any client on what they want for their project, including any reference material they want us to use as a style guide, we also offer a number of revisions for each and every track we make, for FREE, to meet a client's needs should our first efforts not be exactly what they were thinking of.

after reading this , it made me feel much more confident about working with SoS....I wrote you via your contact us form and can't wait to hear from you soon!

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-28 16:48:53

stop stealing my candy and then we'll talk.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-28 19:33:23

I can compose, mix and master. I am a garageband expert. Let me know.

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-28 21:14:51

At 3/28/12 01:18 PM, candystealer wrote: after reading this , it made me feel much more confident about working with SoS....I wrote you via your contact us form and can't wait to hear from you soon!

Thanks. I just want to let you know though, that regardless of who you use, 5 tracks will not come cheap if you want a really well-done job within a reasonable timespan. (Custom) music done well is not a resource lying around for a few bucks here and there. Stock audio is a good way to go if you can't afford the custom-made work.

That said, it always seems to me that SoS is almost criminally undercutting the pricing rates of our competition, so our prices are certainly better than most for what we offer...

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-29 03:38:00

At 3/28/12 09:14 PM, NickPerrin wrote:
At 3/28/12 01:18 PM, candystealer wrote: after reading this , it made me feel much more confident about working with SoS....I wrote you via your contact us form and can't wait to hear from you soon!
Thanks. I just want to let you know though, that regardless of who you use, 5 tracks will not come cheap if you want a really well-done job within a reasonable timespan. (Custom) music done well is not a resource lying around for a few bucks here and there. Stock audio is a good way to go if you can't afford the custom-made work.

That said, it always seems to me that SoS is almost criminally undercutting the pricing rates of our competition, so our prices are certainly better than most for what we offer...

I didn't say anything about cheaping out on the music now did I? Im well aware it wont be 2-3 bucks, work is work. I wont know if you are criminally undercutting the pricing rates of your competition until I get an estimate. I also think this could have been said to me in private as we are discussing the details of the project.

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-29 15:10:52

At 3/29/12 03:38 AM, candystealer wrote: I didn't say anything about cheaping out on the music now did I? Im well aware it wont be 2-3 bucks, work is work. I wont know if you are criminally undercutting the pricing rates of your competition until I get an estimate. I also think this could have been said to me in private as we are discussing the details of the project.

I understand, and nowhere in the post do I accuse anyone of cheaping out. I'm simply clarifying what to expect because on NG, there are many music jobs that pop up, and they range from the smallest budgets (or zero budget) to bigger ones. People asking for music here come from everywhere, and one can never be sure how serious they are.

I hope you understand this is nothing personal - it's simply a part of being commercially careful, and a part of dealing with people over the internet, which adds a lot of unexpected factors that we must be prepared for. Everything I've said in my posts is information available publicly to anyone who asks, and has no bearing on private conversations regarding specific projects, which remain private.

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-29 15:17:25

At 3/29/12 03:10 PM, NickPerrin wrote: I hope you understand this is nothing personal - it's simply a part of being commercially careful, and a part of dealing with people over the internet,

In this respect I also want to add that with the advent of music technology allowing anyone to produce music from their homes, there are indeed amateur musicians out there diluting the market and offering services as low as "a few bucks." The saturation of such a thing on the internet today means that many project leaders get the wrong idea about the real costs of "professional" music production. Once again this is nothing personal and demonstrates that my post about costs is simply a careful measure based on experience, and in no way an accusatory statement.

Anyway, from hereon out the discussion will of course be elsewhere and I've said all I should say! Cheers.

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-03-29 15:38:03

I hope you understand this is nothing personal - it's simply a part of being commercially careful, and a part of dealing with people over the internet, which adds a lot of unexpected factors that we must be prepared for. Everything I've said in my posts is information available publicly to anyone who asks, and has no bearing on private conversations regarding specific projects, which remain private.

thats why there are contracts and NDA's in my opinion. I also think if I'm reaching out and going to hire someone Id better be serious about it.

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-07-24 13:21:57

If this is still open....

Hello,

My name is Joshua Bachar. I am a composer, musician, and music producer with over 8 years of experience, and have had extensive experience in both the orchestral and metal genres. I have worked on film and theater productions in addition to writing, performing, recording, and producing numerous works in many different genres. Your post caught my attention because you mentioned that, while you are a vocalist, you have trouble composing your own music. This is one of the services I offer to musicians and artists; composition and arranging. I invite you listen to my work on Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/joshuabachar or through my website http://joshuabachar.com

I am sending you a PM as well in case you are no longer checking this topic

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Regards,
Joshua Bachar

Joshua Bachar

Composer, Musician, Arranger

Joshua Bachar -- Official Website

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-07-24 14:51:55

I'm just going to offer my advice, and that is to hire Symphony of Spectors. You won't regret it.

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-07-24 15:56:03

At 7/24/12 02:51 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: I'm just going to offer my advice, and that is to hire Symphony of Spectors. You won't regret it.

Aside from the fact that the last post in this was back in March, I'd agree. One of the few groups on NG that is professional enough to ask professional pay.... unlike me and the rest of the horde of "home-grown" composers who will settle things for credit and a lil' something in the paypal. XD

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-07-24 22:48:53

Hi, I'm Jamez! I'd love a good reason to make some music! If you ever want me in on this project, just PM me!

Response to Looking For Music Composer (paid) 2012-07-24 23:15:18

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if he hasn't found someone in the last 3 months he's got other plans... so I'm gonna lock this down to avoid people talking to a wall.

If the OP is still around and is still looking, I'll open this back up for him.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature