• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 08:18 PM Reply

At 6/21/12 06:27 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 6/21/12 05:58 PM, II2none wrote:
At 6/21/12 05:44 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
as for the technology, its compleatly unbeliabable that in, let say 70 years, advanced as it did, even less in a society that has bending to help itself and therefor require less technology. so, at that advancing rate the next avatar would be Shepard`s grandson
No because of the advanced tech based on early 1900's
i know, in the first season they were not even medieval and the few "cutting edge" things they have were bengind powered
in fact i think they didnt even had glasses

bending is no longer necessary and is used for selfish reasons.
did you see how their power plants worked?
before they could build an entire city with earth/waterbending, they only reason for bending to seem "no longer necessary" is because it got nerfed

It never stated these kids were experts with their abilities, like on the level ofToph and Zuko. Bending isn't being used for survival much since their tech got more modernized. So to me that makes sense that their not as strong compared to the original characters in Last air-bender. With Korra being the exception obviously.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 6/21/12 08:18 PM, II2none wrote:
It never stated these kids were experts with their abilities, like on the level ofToph and Zuko. Bending isn't being used for survival much since their tech got more modernized. So to me that makes sense that their not as strong compared to the original characters in Last air-bender. With Korra being the exception obviously.

its used for survival when thay are being attacked, also, if they use their powers for their "selfish motives", they should be even more powerful

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 10:24 PM Reply

At 6/21/12 10:16 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 6/21/12 08:18 PM, II2none wrote:
its used for survival when thay are being attacked, also, if they use their powers for their "selfish motives", they should be even more powerful

Well using it for sport isn't the same as using it to survive. Remember the original avatar every tribe had theri own military unit minus the Airbenders being monks and all but they still train to better their abilities. In korras generation its pretty much a plaything that can be enhanced with sports but they can't compare to those who used it to fight for a living.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 6/21/12 10:50 PM, Tramps wrote: I think there are a lot of things to take into account when you look at how the world has progressed. For example, remember the 100-year oppression from the fire nation? That clearly stunted growth of the world. With all the nations working in harmony, it would be much easier to progress.

the world always progress the most when its at war

Then we can look at some of the dramatic changes our own world has gone under. If you go back 70 years from today, the world is massively different.

ye but the world was already "modern" back there, industrial revolution and shit have already happened, they were not even in the victorian ages

Of course, I see the complaint given that the world seemed clearly ancient japan/china (I don't know the correct term for the era) with barely any electricity other than what only the best firebenders could muster

they didnt have any other kind of electricity as i recall

You shouldn't need a timeline of all the technological advancements in 70 years to enjoy it.

it goest to verisimilitude

Say no to rape.

WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:07 PM Reply

that was a good ending with plot twist n shit and finally she gets intouch with her spirit side I hope there another season

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Knights
Knights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Filmmaker
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 6/23/12 03:07 PM, tsukikomi wrote: that was a good ending with plot twist n shit and finally she gets intouch with her spirit side I hope there another season

I don't know, that ending where she gets her powers back via Aang felt like a total cop-out to me. Also, kind of pissed to see Amon dead, even if he died in a very Coppola-esque fashion.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.
AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 6/23/12 04:07 PM, Tramps wrote: Holy shit, manly tears of joy.

-- DON'T READ PAST HERE, SPOILERS AND SHIT --
So the whole battle at the start was great. Loved having Dante Basco's voice back, brought some fond memories back of the first series. I did feel the whole finding out who Amon was and the eventual demise of him was a bit rushed. I mean, you found out everything you wanted to know but it was a very quick realisation and end to him. Love how he died though. Both he and his brother knew they were dangerous and they had to be gotten rid of, shown by a single tear. Very touching end.

When Korra 'lost' her bending I was a bit annoyed. I figured we were going to have Books 2, 3 and 4 being all about her re-learning or unlocking her bending again which I wouldn't have been happy about at all. Then with her unlocking her spiritual side or whatever and gaining her bending back seemed rushed as well. I mean I think it's a total of 3 minutes where you get Katara telling Tenzin that she won't get her bending back, Katara getting her bending back and then knowing that she can restore other people's bending. I liked the ending and it gives it a nice clean slate for the next season but I would have liked to have seen it wrapped up better.

All-in-all, a wonderful season. Great series. Preferred it when they had 20 episodes, even if some of them were a bit slow. I enjoyed taking it all in rather than sprinting through the story. Not sure why it was only commissioned for 12 episodes when the first series had 20 and was the most popular series in Nickelodeon history. Maybe that's what the writers wanted though. WHO KNOWS. Fantastic though, 10/10.

You really enjoyed it? I felt the season finale left ALOT more to be desired.

The series felt a bit rushed as a whole, and the character development was very limited. For example, the relationship between Mako and Korra wasn't even developed properly. Infact, it was only hinted at in one previous episode, and by the season finale they "love each other"? Come on now. Also, The relationship between mako and Asami was in the process of developing but in the end out of the complete blue he ends up with Korra? Really?

The Bloodbending was a VERY nice plot element that expanded upon the mythos of TLA. However that being said, I still feel that they kinda wasted Amon's character. Throughout all the development of his original character, I feel like they just kinda rushed him near the end when they couldn't think of anything and went with a generic villian. Not only that, but they never explain how exactly he was able to remove the bending of other benders. His back story seemed quite generic, and lacked the sustenance I personally was expecting from a villian with a somewhat legitimate goal (remove benders, bring peace,etc.). The way inwhich they defeated him was really anticlimatic though, but I guess you can say that the Real way he was defeated comes in his final scene with Tarlok (which was great!)

I really liked Korra's personality, but they really pulled a Deus Ex Machina at the end. Suddenly after she looses her bending (and randomly masters Air) she randomly gets into the avatar state and masters all four elements? Also, she RANDOMLY is able to give people their bending back?

Eh, I expected more from a pretty good series.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 6/22/12 01:02 AM, Travis wrote:
At 6/21/12 11:02 PM, kakalxlax wrote: technology makes no sense...
It's fucking steampunk.

It's not like technology has made a HUGE jump, it's just steam and like Model T cars. There really isn't a major improvement bud. Look how far we went in tech from 1850 to 1920... I.e. TIN LIZZY.

look at what they had in 1850 and what they have in season 1, there are, at least, 500 years apart

Say no to rape.

MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:26 PM Reply

Though the ending felt kinda rushed (They had their reasons though; the makes never suspected for the story to be so popular, hence the lack of elaborate story), but -SPOILERS- when Aang gave her bending back, the wins were shooting from the screen.

EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:15 PM Reply

Season 2 villain:

NEGATIVE PUBLIC SENTIMENT

Let's see the avatar state help with that.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:21 PM Reply

man this serious could have been done so much better if they knew that the show was going to be popular.

still, mad props for the season finale. the choreography was really well done.

also - I'm kind of pissed because they never foreshadowed the new enemy for the next book. they did if for book 1 of TLA, but not LOK.

So, I'm looking forward to the next book without any expectations because there was absolutely no foreshadowing. (unless I missed something).

lel

YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:03 PM Reply

Awesome! I loved the Avatar series! I'll check it out

Benji
Benji
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:22 PM Reply

I am... pleased

BBS Signature
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:29 PM Reply

I still think they could have drawn out the first season for more character development... That's my only complaint.
The finale was fucking great. I loved it.

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:24 PM Reply

I'm disappointing first of all i was annoyed because i couldn't watch it in HD. Secondly if felt kinda rushed, I don't by the romance between dude and korra like I did with katara and Aang. Secondly Amon and his bro had such an awesome back story and after reuniting they were scrapped just like that! I mean I understand the reasons for it with amongs brother thinking he's a hopeless psychotic and being overwhelmed by his own grief but still It's like they might as well not even told me their back story if in they were just gonna get killed off like that.

What made up was the sweet irony with Korra. Now that she has to relearn everything she originally learned itm ay be more action focused from here on.

QOTW:

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

At 6/23/12 10:26 PM, Travis wrote:
At 6/23/12 10:24 PM, II2none wrote: Now that she has to relearn everything she originally learned itm ay be more action focused from here on.
Why the hell would she have to relearn everything? Aang gave it all back to her.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Damn it, well in that case I have no idea where this is goin next except "new bad guy, kick his ass end of series."

QOTW:

BBS Signature
Knights
Knights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Filmmaker
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:41 PM Reply

At 6/23/12 10:35 PM, Travis wrote:
At 6/23/12 10:30 PM, II2none wrote: Oh yeah I forgot about that. Damn it, well in that case I have no idea where this is goin next except "new bad guy, kick his ass end of series."
I was really hoping they'd drag Amon out to be the series villain.

It's a shame and it really sucks because he really was one of the better villains I've seen.

Anyway, it WAS rushed in the fact that Amon just breaks Tarluk out of his cell... even though he just took his bending away and had him locked up.

I honestly heard before the season finale that Amon would come back even more powerful than before, but I guess that's not going to happen. Of course, Bryke could pull a James Bond and have Amon somehow survive the explosion, but that seems unlikely.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.
AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 02:21 PM Reply

I don't care if the ending was rushed because it was still badass.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
yos2
yos2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 3/25/12 06:40 PM, BizzarroPMP wrote: The new sequel series to Avatar: The Last Airbender!

The first 2 episodes are online for free by the creators here!

Excited? I know I've been waiting forever!

its a great show and all but i think it's better for it have it's own thread in clubs & crews

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 03:09 PM Reply

At 6/26/12 03:06 PM, Travis wrote:
At 6/26/12 02:21 PM, EJR wrote: I don't care if the ending was rushed because it was still badass.
Indeed. Season 2 better be happening this fall... I don't want to wait until this time next year for it.

I wish they showed Bumi a little more. He arrived and then he disappeared. What the heck, you know???

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 03:16 PM Reply

I am still angry that Amon is done for good damnit.

Hey if there are only 2 scheduled seasons, it would probably be a good idea to change up the main antagonists half way through. I mean, who knows? Maybe the next villain is more exciting. I personally thought that Amon was a great antagonist but seemed just too much like the stereotypical evil madman villain (especially in the finale). Hopefully the next antagonist can receive a little more depth into their character.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 04:28 PM Reply

other thing that makes no sense

Kyoshi (earth) - Roku (fire) - Aang (air) - Korra (earth ???), i know she was born in the water tribes but Tenzin tells her "you have troubles with airbending because your element is earth" or something like that, so she should have troubles with firebending instead of with airbending... or skip one avatar after Aang and make her be born in the Earth Kingdom

Say no to rape.

tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 04:37 PM Reply

yeppers

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 6/26/12 04:37 PM, tox wrote: yeppers

The entire episode when people were getting shot out of planes I expected to see some of them die instead of pulling out the parachutes and then BAM out of left field this happened.

I am impress

BBS Signature
tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 05:10 PM Reply

I honestly love this series, I think it's better than Avatar.

I've missed the last two episodes sadly. Does anyone know a site that hosts more than the first two?

Participate in the NG V-day Card Exchange 2013 Last day to enter is Jan. 11th!

BBS Signature
JudenSindKaputt
JudenSindKaputt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 05:59 PM Reply

I can't believe NG is filled with so many manchildren.
Nevermind, that's not a surprise.

tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 06:07 PM Reply

At 6/26/12 05:57 PM, Travis wrote: http://www.nick.com/videos/playlist/play/legend-of-korra-sea son-one-full-episodes-playlist.html

All of them right in a row.

Please marry me

Participate in the NG V-day Card Exchange 2013 Last day to enter is Jan. 11th!

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 6/26/12 06:05 PM, Travis wrote: It's a nostalgia factor sort of thing.

No it isn't.

BBS Signature
BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 08:21 PM Reply

At 6/26/12 05:59 PM, JudenSindKaputt wrote: I hate cartoons and ice cream and fun!!!

You sound like that one cranky old man on every block who yells at the kids to stay of his lawn but is secretly a pedophile.

Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Avatar: Legend of Korra Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 09:06 PM Reply

They were planning only two seasons, but hopefully, if the show does well, they'll extend it a bit. So far, I'm loving the crap out of it, for sure. The ending was oh so satisfying. No cliff-hanger. Just full realization of Korra's avatar state, and the defeat of an enemy. Although, I feel like it was a bit rushed, I still liked it. Can't wait to see what the next season brings, and hopefully, several more seasons after that.