Be a Supporter!

Your Favorite Synth to use?

  • 2,084 Views
  • 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-24 22:25:27 Reply

I feel like the only one who doesn't really like Massive. I just can't get into it.


Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
darcproductions
darcproductions
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-24 22:51:30 Reply

I use the MOOG Voyager RME plus Logic Pro's soft synths in tandem with outboard gear. I like the hands on functionality and sound of analog gear paired with the modern tones of soft synths.

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-25 13:03:37 Reply

At 3/24/12 10:25 PM, SpaceWhale wrote: I feel like the only one who doesn't really like Massive. I just can't get into it.

Massive is pretty good once you get use to it. At first glance is a little bit hard to work with but give it a couple of time you will do some awesome sounds with it.

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-25 19:09:01 Reply

At 3/25/12 05:59 PM, Adisky wrote: Sylenth 1, Zebra 2, Nexus 2, NI Massive are the most used for me when it comes to synth. :)

I've always wanted to use Nexus I have heard some really good feedback about it and the interface looks really good and easy to use!

Zooloo75
Zooloo75
  • Member since: May. 31, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-25 19:37:48 Reply

Massive has got to be one of my favorite synths. It's easy to use, good GUI, and you can make a synth for pretty much any genre.

gnar2d2
gnar2d2
  • Member since: Mar. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-25 22:30:57 Reply

DONT USE MASSIVE, everyone uses massive and everyone is starting to sound the same. its getting old. how many of these kids told you they use massive. haha 98%? dont fall into the dime a dozen catagory.
dont get me wrong NI is one of the leading companies in the auido world and they are for a good fucking reason.

Zooloo75
Zooloo75
  • Member since: May. 31, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-25 22:56:13 Reply

At 3/25/12 10:30 PM, gnar2d2 wrote: DONT USE MASSIVE, everyone uses massive and everyone is starting to sound the same. its getting old. how many of these kids told you they use massive. haha 98%? dont fall into the dime a dozen catagory.
dont get me wrong NI is one of the leading companies in the auido world and they are for a good fucking reason.

Alright, I will stop using Massive because you say so. Let me go make a saw sound in 3xOsc then. Happy? Oh wait, what's that? It sounds the same... -.-

You can make the same sound with pretty much any vsti with a combination of other effects. I prefer Massive due to it's ease of making any sound I need. So I suggest you to get off the Massive bash bandwagon.

Lordboy54
Lordboy54
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-26 02:03:08 Reply

At 3/25/12 10:30 PM, gnar2d2 wrote: DONT USE MASSIVE, everyone uses massive and everyone is starting to sound the same. its getting old. how many of these kids told you they use massive. haha 98%? dont fall into the dime a dozen catagory.

So what, we shouldn't use something just because everyone else is? Also, Massive has tons of options. For it to start "sounding the same" you need to have a very bland def.

Dime a dozen category? Why shouldn't we use a program other people also use, it's just plain stupid what you're saying here.

dont get me wrong NI is one of the leading companies in the auido world and they are for a good fucking reason.

Yeah, their tools are great.

Anyway, i was wondering. Is there any reason to use Sylenth1 instead of massive or FM8?


Steam ID | X360 Gamertag: AversiveKnave | ORIGIN: DarkBlue96

BBS Signature
Lordboy54
Lordboy54
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-26 02:08:25 Reply

At 3/25/12 01:03 PM, TR0KY wrote:
At 3/24/12 10:25 PM, SpaceWhale wrote: I feel like the only one who doesn't really like Massive. I just can't get into it.
Massive is pretty good once you get use to it. At first glance is a little bit hard to work with but give it a couple of time you will do some awesome sounds with it.

Yeah, i actually had a lot easier learning FM8 than massive, but after i learned it, boy was it much easier than FM8.

Another question, is there any benefit/what is Absynth4's like, purpose compared to the other synths by NI?

Does it have any advantage/benefit over the other synths, or what?


Steam ID | X360 Gamertag: AversiveKnave | ORIGIN: DarkBlue96

BBS Signature
Hurks
Hurks
  • Member since: Sep. 15, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-26 05:27:13 Reply

I use NI Massive, Sylenth1, and Z3ta. If I get botched on what to do with any synth, I'll play around with nexus presets.

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-26 09:53:03 Reply

At 3/25/12 10:30 PM, gnar2d2 wrote: DONT USE MASSIVE, everyone uses massive and everyone is starting to sound the same. its getting old. how many of these kids told you they use massive. haha 98%? dont fall into the dime a dozen catagory.
dont get me wrong NI is one of the leading companies in the auido world and they are for a good fucking reason.

Dude you sounded like a little kid. If lots people use Massive is because is a really good synth and another thing millions of people use a piano but they all sound the same? Its not instrument its the musician

DJRAV3N
DJRAV3N
  • Member since: May. 2, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-26 11:46:29 Reply

Sylenth 1 I find to be a great synth.


I Am L3O, I Am the only Me there is Nobody Else
L3O's Soundcloud
Reverbnation

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-26 12:15:14 Reply

I use PureData also.


MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
MartinR
MartinR
  • Member since: Mar. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-26 14:03:39 Reply

At 3/25/12 10:30 PM, gnar2d2 wrote: DONT USE MASSIVE, everyone uses massive and everyone is starting to sound the same. its getting old. how many of these kids told you they use massive. haha 98%? dont fall into the dime a dozen catagory.
dont get me wrong NI is one of the leading companies in the auido world and they are for a good fucking reason.

That's like saying that rock artists should stop using guitars as they sound the same, dude get a grip

Chris-V2
Chris-V2
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-26 15:58:20 Reply

At 3/26/12 12:15 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: I use PureData also.

I've been meaning to crack it open, it's currently gathering dust on my desktop.

CSound is really useful, but I don't really use it for music making per-se!

m1ndrust
m1ndrust
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-26 17:05:20 Reply

i really love my DSI Evolver Desktop or some selected Reaktor ensemble (usually alien things that i play with the LPD8 or the Doepfer Ribbon ). I stopped using every other virtual instruments, and i sold my waldorf q rack too, i can live just with those two synths (i have other acustical instruments and percussion to add to the mix anyway )

SomeGuyInSomePlace
SomeGuyInSomePlace
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Musician
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-26 21:05:01 Reply

Sadly I'm using the demo version of FL studio, so I can't really do much with synths...

As for soundfonts, I use squidfont orchestral a whole bunch :D

EmperorCharlemagne
EmperorCharlemagne
  • Member since: May. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Your Favorite Synth to use? 2012-03-26 22:58:54 Reply

At 3/26/12 09:05 PM, SomeGuyInSomePlace wrote: Sadly I'm using the demo version of FL studio, so I can't really do much with synths...

As for soundfonts, I use squidfont orchestral a whole bunch :D

There are a lot of free options out there for you.


If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.
~Morton Feldman
Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature