Thedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:38 AM Reply

i dont want to be persistent because she may think that i am a dick

Newest interview with Squidbit Cheeeeeeeck it out
You give up your freedom for the safety that the government promises you ~ Confucianism
Sig by Asandir

BBS Signature
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:51 AM Reply

At 12 minutes ago, Thedark wrote: i dont want to be persistent because she may think that i am a dick

Once she knows how you feel, if you don't sweep her off of her feet, you could try be friends and hope shit turns out right. That's basically it.

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by Illicit, thankies ^_^

BBS Signature
Winned
Winned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:07 AM Reply

I could be way off but you give off the impression that you've liked this girl for a while and you're just finding out now that she has a boyfriend. That's the only reason why this is so difficult for you. You've built this up to be some amazing romantic relationship in your head, and now that you discover she's unavailable, you can't picture anything else besides the fantasy in your head.

When meeting girls, it's best to find out as soon as possible if they have a boyfriend or not, you can do this by directly asking them or by simply making your intentions known. If you make them aware that you like them, just by being extra flirty or anything that sets off their radar, then they'll either tell you that they have a boyfriend, or play along because they like you.

The sooner you discover what the situation is, the sooner you can pursue her or go onto the next girl. In this situation, you seem to be attached to this girl. But just keep your eyes open for others, and when you meet a girl you like, find out what their situation is immediately and take it from there.

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature
MatrixGravity
MatrixGravity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:44 PM Reply

At 7 hours ago, Winned wrote: I could be way off but you give off the impression that you've liked this girl for a while and you're just finding out now that she has a boyfriend. That's the only reason why this is so difficult for you. You've built this up to be some amazing romantic relationship in your head, and now that you discover she's unavailable, you can't picture anything else besides the fantasy in your head.

When meeting girls, it's best to find out as soon as possible if they have a boyfriend or not, you can do this by directly asking them or by simply making your intentions known. If you make them aware that you like them, just by being extra flirty or anything that sets off their radar, then they'll either tell you that they have a boyfriend, or play along because they like you.

The sooner you discover what the situation is, the sooner you can pursue her or go onto the next girl. In this situation, you seem to be attached to this girl. But just keep your eyes open for others, and when you meet a girl you like, find out what their situation is immediately and take it from there.

I guess your right. But sometimes when I meet girls, I feel it's a bit uncomfortable to blatantly ask them if they're in a relationship. I wouldn't want them to think I trying to get with them immediately you know? And yeah, in my personal situation, I met the girl about a week ago or so, and she indirectly told me she has a boyfriend, and I was pretty disappointed and still am, because I was shocked at how much we truly had in common. Not to mention how physically attracted I am to her. I mean, it just sucks. You find somebody you have a deep profound connection with, and then you realize you have no chance with them at all.

Then I just begin to get discouraged and wonder why I even bother at this point. It's like, I want everything that I can't have. It's just such a pain for me. I often wonder why I am so damn alone. I'm not a bad person, I'm really genuine and I feel like I just never get a break in my life for anything good. I never get a break for happiness. I always have to remain alone. I feel like at this rate, I'll end up by myself for eternity. It's just so painfully hopeless at this point. I've been single for almost 3 years now and honestly I don't see it getting any better. I just feel like what is the point of liking anybody anymore? They are always either taken, or simply not interested. Why do I even bother? It's just a fucking miserable experience.

JimmyTheCaterpillar
JimmyTheCaterpillar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Writer
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 17 hours ago, bgraybr wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, brokenrecord6299 wrote: Get to be a really close friend during that time, if she breaks up with the guy, you'll have a better chance of getting her. Thats how i got a lesbian to date me. We been together for 2 months now.
*facepalm*

Damn there's so much wrong with this post that I almost don't know where to begin.

1. Close friends = attraction.
2. Men do not date lesbians.
3. No really they don't.
4. Your girlfriend is bisexual, or more likely pretended to be a "lesbian" to pick up guys.
5. What are you in middle school or something?
6. Why are you saying that you've been together for two months as if it's some sort of accomplishment?

Fuck this shit.

Fuck off, asshole. 2 & 4: Yes she's a bisexual whatever the hell you want to call it. 3: Well apparently I do. 5: No. But i bet you are.

Fuck this shit: I bet you cant even get a girl to look at you.

Conclusion: You are just a little shithead in middle school who gets bullied all the time.

Good day sir!

SIG BY AMARANTHUS.| I USED TO BE BROKENRECORD6299 AND UNCLECUBONE
| I'm in a band 'n stuff.| Here's some advice on how to be a writer.
I ENJOY CRANBERRY SAUCE. A LOT.

BBS Signature
Blazejsg
Blazejsg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 18 hours ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: I continue to enjoy her company.

Why can't most guys be like this?

Lol, anyway I think we can tell what kind of guy you are if you "back off" or "keep talking" I mean why not just be friends?
If you somehow "back off" then you only wanted us for your own personal games.

It's really easy to know what kind of guy you are by your reaction.

BBS Signature
MatrixGravity
MatrixGravity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:57 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, Blazejsg wrote:
At 18 hours ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: I continue to enjoy her company.
Why can't most guys be like this?

Lol, anyway I think we can tell what kind of guy you are if you "back off" or "keep talking" I mean why not just be friends?
If you somehow "back off" then you only wanted us for your own personal games.

It's really easy to know what kind of guy you are by your reaction.

Hm, well from your personal perspective, if you remained friends with that guy that liked you, do you think it would go anywhere in the future? If you ended up breaking up with your BF, etc.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:07 PM Reply

Well if you think that's all males and females are good for, you will be sorely disappointed each and every time.

"Oh she/he has a boyfriend/girlfriend, time to severe all ties and never meet again regardless of how such good friends we are or whatever."

Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:14 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, MatrixGravity wrote:
Hm, well from your personal perspective, if you remained friends with that guy that liked you, do you think it would go anywhere in the future? If you ended up breaking up with your BF, etc.

A healthy friendship would be where both people communicate honestly about how they feel about each other, and don't stay friends in hopes that they might be taken 'out of the friend zone' for a lay.

All you have to say is "Yeah I like you and want to touch your boobs but if you want to be my friend I would like that as well". People are usually pretty understanding as long as you're honest.

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:18 PM Reply

I back off a little bit so she knows I'm not hitting on her, but I still try to remain friends.

Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Blazejsg
Blazejsg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, MatrixGravity wrote: Hm, well from your personal perspective, if you remained friends with that guy that liked you, do you think it would go anywhere in the future? If you ended up breaking up with your BF, etc.

Well, it takes time for a person to get back on their feet after a break up.
I'm not going to be a brat and be in a new relationship right after i'm through with one.

If he asked in like 6 months(depends), and hes waiting for me to recover, and he gives me a reason why we should be dating. Then I don't see why not.
I just have to really like the guy to date him.
I don't want to feel nothing while i'm dating someone.

BBS Signature
N30Chaos
N30Chaos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:41 PM Reply

I'll admit, if I really like the girl, I'll typically stick around. It's never a good idea to make it too obvious what you're doing, otherwise they'll be the ones avoiding you. Even when she breaks up with him, it's also probably not too great an idea to go for her immediately after, she might not be comfortable enough to get into another relationship at the moment. Still, I recommend always being there for her, not really just as a boyfriend replacement, but as a guy who just genuinely cares.

CheezNapkin
CheezNapkin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:01 PM Reply

FUCK women fuaetershy and ranebow dick are the only women i need!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMPSTEP

BBS Signature
Powerage
Powerage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:17 PM Reply

I thought of this when I saw the topic title.

919CDS
919CDS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 22 hours ago, Kofius wrote: Would not being persistent be kind of weird? Well, I would usually stay low until she is available.

NO WRONG!!!! you keep talking to her, so when she breaks up with the dude or gets broken up with your there and you've been talkin to her for awhile, not like you disapeered and just show up outta nowhere cuz her facebook says single now...smh these kids

I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:22 PM Reply

At 4 minutes ago, Powerage wrote: I thought of this when I saw the topic title.

You've been permanently friend-zoned.

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
Powerage
Powerage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:30 PM Reply

At 53 seconds ago, Famas wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, Powerage wrote: I thought of this when I saw the topic title.
You've been permanently friend-zoned.

yeah, i saw that about a couple weeks ago and my eyes are still burning, he really has let himself go! however, i thought the one video where he pretends to be a stripper was worse.

bur remember, he's STRAIGHT!

Nickisabi
Nickisabi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:37 PM Reply

Try asking her what her boyfriend's name is. If she says who then ask him. It works.

Jah Bless.......

BBS Signature
dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:54 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, MatrixGravity wrote: do you guys usually back off immediately or do you still remain persistent and stick around waiting until she becomes available?

Depends on how good her goal keeper is.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:56 PM Reply

I stick around, and then I subtly poison their relationship so I can be there for her after the breakup.

free ticket to Bang central.

|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
SpamOfCan
SpamOfCan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:43 AM Reply

I'd think of her as a slut.
I always end up raping 'em in a dungeon anywayz ;3

CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:40 AM Reply

"Challenge accepted" or "You look like the type of girl who could use two, but I don't share." Either one, if they're flirty they're up fucking, especially if they're intoxicated.

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:00 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, MatrixGravity wrote: When you guys normally encounter a girl you like, and they end up telling you they have a boyfriend, do you guys usually back off immediately or do you still remain persistent and stick around waiting until she becomes available?

persistent? that means friend zone and i don't go there, miserable neighborhood of young hopefuls that wont get anywhere, no, I'm not up for that , if she ain't available i move onto her sister or best friend, simple.

NeverHundred
NeverHundred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:10 PM Reply

They mention the word boyfriend and I'm out unless the context is along the lines of, "I want you to be my boyfriend." I've learned that if they say, "I just broke up with my boyfriend." They're desperate and in the rebound, it wont work. Or even if it isn't, "I just broke up..." They're talking about a guy they were in a relationship with a year and a half ago, they're not over it.

You don't want to be with a girl who's in love with someone else. It's torture, think about it... who's she feeling when she touches you, who's she thinking of when she's fucking you... it's not you, and the relationship is a lie.

Just don't do it, you'll be better for it.

BBS Signature
masheenH3ad
masheenH3ad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:06 PM Reply

If she said that, I would probably say that I am not a jealous type.

Eresdanan
Eresdanan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:41 PM Reply

TARGET ACQUIRED

SirFinland
SirFinland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:46 PM Reply

I usually get the "Get the fuck away from me you fucking creep or I'm calling the cops."-line.

ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:55 PM Reply

No, I stay away.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
Daikenkini
Daikenkini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:28 PM Reply

At 3/21/12 10:32 PM, MatrixGravity wrote: When you guys normally encounter a girl you like, and they end up telling you they have a boyfriend, do you guys usually back off immediately or do you still remain persistent and stick around waiting until she becomes available?

Stick!

BORN IS THE FANTASY!+++ REGISTER HERE!+++ LOG IN+++ FORUM(CLASSIC VIEW)

BBS Signature
Silverdust
Silverdust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to "I have a boyfriend." Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:47 PM Reply

If you like this girl, be able to stay friends with her (hopefully without the intention of breaking her up with the other guy). This shows that you are interested in her and not being with her - if that makes sense. I have had situations where the guy stops talking to me, and I take that to mean they don't like me enough to get to know me regardless. However, if you can't handle the jealousy, then yes, it would be best if you backed off or at least waited to see how things turn out with her current boyfriend.

But the best advice you could get is:

DON'T BE A CREEPER!

RussiaToday : Aljazeera : TEDTalks : io9
"We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature