New Topic Respond to this Topic
Orandze
Orandze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Looking for raster artist Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 09:28 PM Reply

A friend and I have been working on a shooter/TD game for a little while now, and it's come to the point where we need an artist. You can play a demo here. That's just the prototype. Since that was created, a lot more work has been done and the engine is nearing completion.

The other person is the main progammer and story writer, while I'm helping out with xml integration for hosting resources on a server, level design, and music/sfx.

As for money, I can't promise anything. We're mainly doing this just for the love of making games and to gain experience, although we're planning on submitting the game to FGL when it's completed. If a sponsorship comes through, the shares will be divided evenly.

Let me know if you'd like more information on the project, and please PM me if you're interested in the job. Thanks :)

c0rupt3d
c0rupt3d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Looking for raster artist Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:34 AM Reply

Seems like your getting a good deal. You have to admit the programmer and artist are going to be doing allottt more work then you maybe share 20-40-40 that's usually a sound guys cut. Also I wasn't to impressed with the music and sfx in game. if "We're mainly doing this just for the love of making games and to gain experience" is true maybe you can even give your whole cut to the artist that might reel in a good one (:

BBS Signature
Orandze
Orandze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Looking for raster artist Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:51 AM Reply

At 8 hours ago, c0rupt3d wrote: Seems like your getting a good deal. You have to admit the programmer and artist are going to be doing allottt more work then you maybe share 20-40-40 that's usually a sound guys cut. Also I wasn't to impressed with the music and sfx in game. if "We're mainly doing this just for the love of making games and to gain experience" is true maybe you can even give your whole cut to the artist that might reel in a good one (:

Thanks for the input, but I'd just like to clarify a couple things. I'm also a programmer. I know how to code and am offering my services wherever I can in that department. And I actually didn't make the music and sfx that are in the game currently. It's all just there so people can test drive the engine of the game without having to figure out what all the silent boxes running around are supposed to be :)

For an example of what I personally can do, play my game

Revelance
Revelance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Looking for raster artist Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:47 AM Reply

I may be able to help out , if the deadline is not too tight. You can view my portfolio here

PM me if you're interested.

-Jeff

BBS Signature
Zakuga
Zakuga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Looking for raster artist Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 06:15 PM Reply

If you haven't found an artist; I sent a PM.

re