00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Talking to pets a form of insanity?

2,388 Views | 38 Replies

Was Skyping with a good friend of mine now residing in the states over this topic. Thought I would bring it to general for your answers. Soooo....is talking to your pet/pets a lot a form of insanity? She thought not, and I thought so. What about you?

She has 4 cats so I think she maybe in denial.

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:15:09

Your story needs more dragons bro.

0/10

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:15:13

At 2 minutes ago, FurryFox wrote: Was Skyping with a good friend of mine now residing in the states over this topic. Thought I would bring it to general for your answers. Soooo....is talking to your pet/pets a lot a form of insanity? She thought not, and I thought so. What about you?

She has 4 cats so I think she maybe in denial.

Silly ass question but I'll answer. It depends if you SERIOUSLY believe the animal is actually responding and your not just doing it for shits and giggles then yeah I guess, but it takes a lot more then that to judge a persons mental stability.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:15:50

I have 28 dogs, 60-something cats and 3 lil' mice.
In my opinion, it isn't a form of insanity.

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:16:55

My cat says it's not insane and that it's perfectly normal.

The redesign happened, now my signature doesn't match anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:16:58

At 1 minute ago, FallenMartyr wrote: Your story needs more dragons bro.

0/10

Dragons and geese and moose!

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:20:46

At 1 minute ago, DeadEyeRanger wrote: I have 28 dogs, 60-something cats and 3 lil' mice.
In my opinion, it isn't a form of insanity.

The fuck, have I seen you before?

Talking to pets a form of insanity?

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:28:38

At 11 minutes ago, II2none wrote:
Silly ass question but I'll answer. It depends if you SERIOUSLY believe the animal is actually responding and your not just doing it for shits and giggles then yeah I guess, but it takes a lot more then that to judge a persons mental stability.

I don't know man. She's convinced that every time she asks her cats a question and they meow in return, they're giving her an answer.

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:31:08

Unless you start fucking and/or killing/torturing them, you're not insane.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:37:41

At 5 minutes ago, FurryFox wrote:
At 11 minutes ago, II2none wrote:
I don't know man. She's convinced that every time she asks her cats a question and they meow in return, they're giving her an answer.

She thinks They're talking to her because it's instinctual for cats to yawn? lol, okay grandma.

Test her , ask her how would she know if a dog responds to her question, if it licks its balls?

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:38:11

Only if you genuine believe it's talking, or it's dead and you think it's still alive. In either case, you need to go to the looney bin immediately.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:42:26

At 3 minutes ago, Drake wrote: Only if you genuine believe it's talking, or it's dead and you think it's still alive. In either case, you need to go to the looney bin immediately.

Loony bin=looney tunes? Interesting

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:43:37

I just caress and make cutie faces at my cat's and dogs.
1 cat and 4 dogs.

I don't really talk to them unless I'm at that point where I'm being retarded.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:47:41

At 7 minutes ago, II2none wrote:

She thinks They're talking to her because it's instinctual for cats to yawn? lol, okay grandma.

Test her , ask her how would she know if a dog responds to her question, if it licks its balls?

-------------------------

Joking aside I don't think she's insane just an extreme cat lover, maybe to the point where they fill a void in her life but thats getting personal.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:47:58

I talk to my cats. But it's mostly to give them attention. Though my cat recognises a few words and will meow at me if he wants certain things. It's usually an assumption when he meows if I think I know what he wants. Ultimately there's nothing wrong with talking to an animal as long as you realise they don't understand any human language.

Except those alleged Hitler dogs...

I AM THREAD KILLER!

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 01:54:03

There's nothing wrong with commanding your pet to do something. But having legitimate conversations with it is a little on the strange side I must say.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 02:03:10

Animals are like people to in a way, and can be trained to understand human commands so no, it is not unless one thinks the animal is actually talking back to them

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 02:14:27

I am insane but talking to my pets has nothing to do with it. Animals may not understand everything but they enjoy listening and the attention of course and it can be good for you too.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool."-FurryFox

This is a temporary account. see JBK

Groups: Gay/Bi Users, Last.fmClub

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 06:52:38

At 5 hours ago, FallenMartyr wrote: Your story needs more dragons bro.

Your post needs more... fuck that wasn't even a post.

0/10

To answer the OP's question and actually contribute to the thread. I don't believe talking to your pets is a form of insanity. Everybody likes to have someone to just talk to. Some people talk to themselves... that doesn't mean they're crazy though.

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 07:05:46

Talking to pets without expecting them to talk back or show any difference to what you have said, no that isn't a form of insanity.

However, talking to pets and thinking they're are listening (and even talking back) yes, that is a form of insanity.

"Music is like candy, you need to throw out the rappers" - Google (or something)

MCFC since birth.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 07:36:26

I talk to my pets all the time. While I don't believe they'll respond, I don't think it's anymore serious than talking to yourself (which most people do occasionally).

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 07:37:32

Not just that, pets often like being talked to as well.

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 09:12:31

So I guess every time someone calls their pet by their name they are insane right?

Minecraft - IAmJim .,--,. Steam - IAmJim

Sig made by Squidbit.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 09:20:04

that is completely sane

This Signature is Super CoOL.

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 09:26:59

It depends how much you talk to your pet I suppose. I mean, addressing them by their name - fine because the pet (well dog) will understand that. Certain words are commands for dog so there is also that.

When you do baby voice to your dog? Well not so crazy I think (and yes I do it). But dogs notice a persons tone of voice. While it doesn't know what you're saying exactly, it knows that you're not mad at them for whatever reason and enjoys that.

As for talking to pets that have no chance of understanding anything you say? I think those people are mad anyway to choose lesser pets.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 09:27:31

Well... no. Although they can't technically understand what you say it is still some form of actually communication. They are real living creature, and they can to some extent understand what message your trying to give away.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 09:50:25

Conversing with your animals is an alternative to conversing with yourself. Aside from the fact that in the former you deride yourself and in the latter you are being honest.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 10:50:09

Fuck you, I communicate with my cat daily.

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 11:58:14

I would hope not! At least it's better than talking to yourself, which a lot of people are against. I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with that, because I believe most people do that. I mean, who else would you talk to? I guess it might be because people associate pets with crazy people like the stereotypical crazy cat lady or something like that. If something can respond to stimulus, then it's worth talking to.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Talking to pets a form of insanity? 2012-03-21 13:25:52

At 5 minutes ago, ZeroAsALimit wrote:.

I prefer talking to animals. I have only met a couple of people capable of having anything approaching a coherent conversation, let alone a meaningful one.

my pet knows about the latest news events too.

QOTW:

BBS Signature