Be a Supporter!

Apparently I'm going to Hell...

  • 1,758 Views
  • 79 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ClickToPlay
ClickToPlay
  • Member since: Jan. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 00:47:24 Reply

At 3 hours ago, TecNoir wrote:

It's a shame religious people don't understand that claiming someone's afterlife position is a grave sin in itself..


All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature
MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 01:13:58 Reply

That's why its called faith. If you apply reason it all falls apart.

God wants you to believe without seeing
When you experience God you will know it
God will not come to you. You must seek him

In order to genuinely believe in seek God, you have to believe in him in the first place. I cannot seek God. I don't believe in God. If a Christian told me to simply "seek" God, I wouldn't know how to do it because my brain can't contort itself to the point where I'm genuinely seeking God. God will present himself when I seek him? How is that going to happen if I don't know what I'm looking for? And furthermore, why should I make this decision to suddenly seek God? I'm supposed to do it spontaneously based on no evidence or spiritual enlightenment. Just a blind jump in the direction of God, and then suddenly he will "present himself" to me and I will know it is him. But there is this series of fortunate events that must lead you to that point. It doesn't just spontaneously happen to us nonbelievers so why are we punished simply because this random series of events does not happen? I deserve to suffer forever because I didn't one day decide to blindly search for a spiritual being I know nothing about based on no knowledge? It makes no logical sense that this belief is something deserving eternal bliss and that without it you deserve eternal suffering.


The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature
Skwurll
Skwurll
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 01:26:38 Reply

"Judge not, that ye be not judged." Matthew 7:1.

Translation: Don't be a judgmental prick or no one will like you.

I've used this a few times when dealing with my religious family.


The redesign happened, now my signature doesn't match anymore.

BBS Signature
MoriChax
MoriChax
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 01:36:27 Reply

I don't know, extremely religious people seem to be blind to a lot of things. You can always tell er she is not one to judge anyways, if there is a god that is up to him. also bring up the bible verse "love thy neighbor"


Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 01:40:16 Reply

At 4 hours ago, TecNoir wrote: I'd rather spend my life having fun and go to Hell than live my life worshiping something that no one has any proof of.

No you wouldn't. Hell is misery absolute.

MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 01:46:19 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: Don't worry, God gives every single human being multiple chances to accept Christ in their life and if you studied the Bible more often you would know this wonderful truth

Yes. God gives me multiple chances to accept Christianity.... Except he is all knowing and knows that I will say no every time. How can you say someone has a chance to accept Christ if the outcome is fixed? Free will is an illusion. If two balls collide, the way they bounce off each other is predetermined and will happen the same way every time you repeat the trial under identical conditions. Just because life is infinitely more complex than that doesn't mean it doesn't follow the same principal. If you rewound time everything would unfold exactly the same way because it would take place under the exact same conditions. You can't say someone is given a chance to accept Christianity because they are bound to deny it.


The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature
MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 01:47:33 Reply

At 20 minutes ago, Skwurll wrote: "Judge not, that ye be not judged." Matthew 7:1.

Translation: Don't be a judgmental prick or no one will like you.

I've used this a few times when dealing with my religious family.

Even Metallica uses this one in a song.


The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Artist
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 01:47:53 Reply

At 3 hours ago, saqwert wrote: Everyone rots in the ground.

I'm getting cremated.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 01:49:25 Reply

At 1 minute ago, MrFlopz wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote:
Free will is an illusion. If two balls collide, the way they bounce off each other is predetermined and will happen the same way every time you repeat the trial under identical conditions.

Yeah, because the two balls are not living things and don't have the capacity to change their own course. Inanimate objects don't have much bearing on free will.

dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 01:51:25 Reply

At 4 hours ago, TecNoir wrote: Do they go to Hell for something that's completely not their fault?

Of Coarse.

LORD GOD ALMIGHTY SHALL DAMN ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS HITH SAVIOR.

Yes my friend. you are most certainly going to hell.


Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Jakehinojo
Jakehinojo
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 01:55:04 Reply

You're going to die. That's it. No heaven, no hell, nothing.

Have a nice day


Where's the pickle?

BBS Signature
MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 02:20:39 Reply

At 14 minutes ago, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 1 minute ago, MrFlopz wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote:
Free will is an illusion. If two balls collide, the way they bounce off each other is predetermined and will happen the same way every time you repeat the trial under identical conditions.
Yeah, because the two balls are not living things and don't have the capacity to change their own course. Inanimate objects don't have much bearing on free will.

it's a matter of complexity. That's it. Our actions are still cause and effect. It appears to be free will because we cannot anticipate the future. The reason we can't anticipate the future is because it is complicated. So for all intents and purposes, we have free will. At least from our limited perspective. However, if we rewind the day and play it back, everything will unfold in exactly the same way unless there is some form of interference. We might be complex and capable of making decisions, but those decisions are rooted in our biology. Unbelievably complex biology, but biology nonetheless. Biological material composed of incredibly sophisticated chains of organic materials on the chemical level. And these chemicals are moved by physics. It all boils down to physics, no matter how complex something is. Just because we're complex doesn't mean our decisions step out of the cause and effect process that our universe operates under.


The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 02:48:14 Reply

At 5 hours ago, bman200 wrote: I think they should make the Bible into an audiobook.

How long would one of those be (a Bible audiobook) be?

That's what she said!
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 04:04:56 Reply

At 6 hours ago, TecNoir wrote: If god loves everyone, and the people who aren't Christian go to hell, than what about the little Muslim boys who never have heard of Christianity? Do they go to Hell for something that's completely not their fault?

Depends if you looks at it from a Catholic or Protestant point of view.

In the Catholic Church good people who never accepted Christ or were excommunicated go to Purgatory, sort of an inbetween of Heaven and Hell, no reward but no punishment either.

Protestants have a completely different view of Hell, it's not a fire and brimstone place, just godless. More or less like how the world is now.


Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Falonefal
Falonefal
  • Member since: May. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Filmmaker
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 06:16:58 Reply

She's not God, so you don't have to listen to her.

Some people say that if you are agnostic it automatically means you're atheist, but the fun thing about being agnostic is that it also means you're automatically religious, it's just a matter of perspective.

I'm agnostic too, but I'll just spend my life being good (read: Doing things I like, which as I grew up, happened to be generally accepted as 'good') and if there is an afterlife, I'm sure God will appreciate my compromise.


Tick Tock

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 06:41:04 Reply

The idea of a hell weren't brought in to the Christian way of thinking before the gospel of John was written. Only in that gospel is it mentioning about angels, the devil and hell. So of course it is not logical with a all loving God condemning people to hell for not believing in him, because that was not even the original idea of Christianity.


#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 12:16:20 Reply

Well, if you know that you're going to Hell, then you can do anything you want for the rest of your life, because it won't make any difference. Then again, there are some who believe there are different layers of Hell and you might go to a worse part of Hell, then if you did that. Of course, I would imagine that being agnostic would be an unknown way to get into Heaven or Hell, so you really shouldn't worry about it.


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 14:35:31 Reply

It's the mormons who are right.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
TecNoir
TecNoir
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 16:26:15 Reply

From what I hear, most of Newgrounds is agnostic.


How does one sig?

BBS Signature
Thedark
Thedark
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-21 16:28:31 Reply

i am not sure pal


Newest interview with Squidbit Cheeeeeeeck it out
You give up your freedom for the safety that the government promises you ~ Confucianism
Sig by Asandir

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-25 11:20:53 Reply

Some people aren't religious because they claim God is evil. Hell in the Bible is defined mostly as a place without God. So if God is evil by sending us to Hell, wouldn't that be good, because then we'd go to a place without God who is evil? But if God was evil by sending us to Hell, that would mean God is good, because he's sending us to a place where he isn't, but that would only be good if he was evil, which he isn't, because he's good by sending us to a place where he isn't?


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-25 11:53:47 Reply

Way I see it, why not just believe in God? I mean, true, you can't prove he exists, but what do you lose in believing?
You believe, you get a less harsher punishment from him, you don't, then get a pretty bad punishment from him. Nothing to lose in believing. If it turns out to be false, then you just rot in the ground, right? But if it turns out to be true, then it would really suck to find out once its too late, no?


BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-26 11:51:30 Reply

At 3/21/12 05:50 PM, Ilssm wrote:
At 31 minutes ago, Xyphon202 wrote: You know what's awesome? According to Christianity, before Jesus died, EVERYONE went to hell. This includes prophets like Moses and Joseph.
No, they went to purgatory.

Where in the Bible does it even say that? You'd really be surprised at how many things aren't in the Bible, like how the Bible never says that the Devil rules over Hell.


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-26 11:57:32 Reply

At 3/20/12 09:31 PM, TecNoir wrote: I'd rather spend my life having fun and go to Hell than live my life worshiping something that no one has any proof of.

See you in Hell bro. I'm going there too!

Well, the only religion that doesn't have Hell nor Heaven is Wicca. Ex-Wiccan here.


MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-26 12:04:06 Reply

At 3/20/12 10:38 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: That being said, I'm a walking hypocrite, because I just LOVE to debate religious people and call them idiots. Brings out the best in me, and my cynical personality, to make fun of their fear of death and their ignorance to deny science and reality.

God invented your precious science and reality.


Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-26 12:05:04 Reply

At 3/26/12 12:04 PM, TailsPrower wrote: God invented your precious science and reality.

Logic failed here...


MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-26 12:05:26 Reply

What about the blind and death? How do they read the bible? they are discriminated against by god as they cant read it.


my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-26 12:09:21 Reply

At 3/26/12 12:05 PM, MrPercie wrote: What about the blind and death? How do they read the bible? they are discriminated against by god as they cant read it.

God is a tyrant... oh sad Christians. Children of another Hitler.


MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
cerealguy1992
cerealguy1992
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-26 12:18:14 Reply

Not sure what to say about those religious nut cases.

I am a deist. I get my knowledge of God partially from what little of the Bible I have read and mostly from NDE's. I believe everyone gets into heaven eventually. I know there will be Christians that try screaming down my throat about this, as well as Atheists that laugh and say there is no God and compare me to George W. Bush. I try to avoid the topic of religion. Even my own mother does not know im a Deist.

TheHumanNugget
TheHumanNugget
  • Member since: May. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Apparently I'm going to Hell... 2012-03-26 12:19:24 Reply

At 3/20/12 09:43 PM, TecNoir wrote:
At 41 seconds ago, bman200 wrote: I think they should make the Bible into an audiobook.
It's already a manga...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_Bible_(series)

wat.


The Human Nugget- Ruining the internet, one post at a time.
Become my fan, because then you'll be cool.