GamerProist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-19 16:40:49 Reply

You can play the game here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592034

Buildings

Each building can be leveled up to a maximum level of 9. Your buildings will cooperate with each other, so two rank 4 buildings produce the same effects as a single rank 8 building.

Armory

* An Armory is required to buy weapons for your soldiers.

* As you level up your Armory, you'll be able to buy more powerful weapons.

* Whenever you attack an enemy Armory, you can steal their weapons. Level 5 weapons will be stolen from a level 5 Armory, level 8 weapons will be stolen from a level 8 Armory, etc.

* You can own a maximum of 999 weapons.

* Strategy 1: Try to rank an Armory up to level 9 so you can buy the best weapons. This only uses one tile, so you have more room to do other things.

* Strategy 2: Build 3 rank 3 Armories. This will allow you to buy the most powerful weapons more quickly, but at the cost of taking up valuable space.

* Strategy 3: Don't build an Armory at all, instead try to steal your weapons from your enemies. This will be easier if you start with weak enemies who have low level armories, and work your way up to powerful enemies with high level armories.

Barracks:

* A Barracks is required to recruit and train soldiers.

* As you level up your Barracks, you will be able to house more soldiers at once.

* It costs 1 turn to recruit 1 soldier.

* It costs 1 turn to train a soldier up one level.

* The maximum level for a soldier is 9.

* Strategy: Get as many level 9 soldiers as you can! They'll help protect you from attacks, and help you successfully attack others.

City

* A City is required to produce coin.

* As you upgrade your City, you can produce more coin per turn.

* Whenever you attack an enemy City, you can steal their coin.

* Setting your tax rate to over 50% will produce more coin, but lower your Empire's happiness. Setting your tax rate to under 50% will produce less coin, but raise your Empire's happiness. Your Empire's happiness has an effect on how well your soldiers perform in battle.

* You can own a maximum of 999,999 coin.

* A city can be repaired with turns, which is useful if you are out of coin.

* Strategy 1: Build four or five cites, and build some strongholds next to them for defense. Slowly rank your cities up along with the rest of your buildings as you play.

* Strategy 2: Build a whole bunch of Cities and try to bulk up on as much coin as you can. Your defenses will be weak if you do this, so try to fly under the radar. After you're super rich, sell some of your cities to make room for other buildings.

* Strategy 3: Build a Spy Hub (or several), and hunt down enemies that are using strategy 2. Steal all of their coin.

HQ

* A HQ is required to attack with more than one soldier at a time. If you have no HQ, you will attack with a single militia who has nothing but a pitch fork.

* As you level up your HQ, you will attack with more soldiers at once. With a level 2 HQ you will attack with 2 soldiers at once, with a level 5 HQ you will attack with 5 soldiers at once, etc.

* Whenever you attack an enemy HQ, you can steal their turns.

* If someone has recently attacked you, they'll show up in the HQ under âEUoePersonal Revenge.âEU You will receive a 50% revenge bonus if you attack them.

* If someone has recently attacked one of your teammates, they'll show up in the HQ under âEUoeNational Revenge.âEU You will receive a 25% revenge bonus if you attack them.

Spy Hub

* A Spy Hub is required to effectively spy on your enemies.

* As you level up your Spy Hub, you'll be able to do more spying with fewer turns. It will also be harder for others to spy on you.

* Whenever you attack an enemy Spy Hub, you can destroy whatever intel their nation has collected on you.

* You can search for targets with a lot of coins, launch sites, turns or weapons.

* You can disable an enemy's Strongholds by spying on them. The chances increase if your Spy Hub level is high, or if you spend a lot of turns spying.

* Strategy: Build at least one spy hub to make it significantly harder for others to sabotage your Strongholds.

Stronghold

* A stronghold provides a defensive bonus to nearby buildings.

* As you level up your Stronghold, the defensive bonus will increase.

* Whenever you attack an enemy Stronghold, you can steal their coin.

* Strategy: Place Strongholds next to targets that your enemies are likely to attack. Cities, Launch Sites, and Armories are popular targets.

Launch Site

* A Launch Site is required to contribute research for launching to Mars.

* As you upgrade your Launch Site, the number of research you can do per turn increases.

* Whenever you attack an enemy Launch Site, you can steal their research.

* To actually launch a shuttle to Mars and enter the Martian Hall of Fame, you'll need a level 9 launch site.

* Having a launch site will make you a huge target for attack, since others will want to steal your research.

* Strategy 1: Don't build a Launch Site. Focus your efforts on defending your teammates who do have Launch Sites.

* Strategy 2: Try to build a few high level Launch Sites. These are expensive, so you will need a lot of Cities as well. Spending your your coin and turns on a Launch Site will weaken your defenses, so get some of your teammates to agree to protect you.

Are you a War Of The Web player?
Check out New Geo's Guide!
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1298602

GamerProist
GamerProist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-19 16:42:50 Reply

Turns

* Everyone receives 9 turns per minute. These turns can be used to produce coin (in Cities), attack (in HQs), research (in Launch Sites), search (in Spy Hubs), and recruit soldiers (in Barracks).

* The maximum number of turns you can store is 300. It takes about a half hour to reach 300 turns.

* As you can see, turns refill quite quickly, so check back in on the game often!

Attacking

* Before attacking others, IâEUTMd recommend having a Barracks with some trained soldiers, an Armory with some decent weapons, and a HQ.

* How do you attack? ItâEUTMs as easy as going to your HQ, and clicking on the name of the person you want to attack. Next, click on one of their buildings and pray for victory.

* Attacking costs 9 turns.

Spying:

* Anyone can spy, but you get a lot more spying done you have a Spy Hub built.

* How do you spy? ItâEUTMs as easy as going to your HQ, and clicking on the name of the person you want to spy on. On the bottom of their empire page, enter the number of turns you want to spend spying and click the âEUoegoâEU button.

* Spying will reveal the stats and buildings of your enemy. You might even be able to sabotage their Strongholds!

Bonuses

* Kong gets a 5% attack bonus

* New Geo gets a 33% revenge bonus

* Jiggs gets a 10% gold bonus

* Face gets a 100% spy bonus

* Armora gets a 25% defense bonus

Winning the game

* The first team to complete all the research, and launch a ship to Mars wins the game.

* (and then Launch Sites reset and the game continues)

* After a team launches a ship, other people can launch within the next 6 hours.

* It wonâEUTMt change the outcome, but the fact that you went to Mars will be recorded in the Martian Hall of Fame.

* Research will be reset 6 hours after the first launch, and the game will begin again. Your buildings, soldiers, and weapons will remain.

* You need to have a level 9 Launch Site to be able to actually launch. Eveyone who launches is immortalized in the Martian Hall of Fame.

* You can contribute research with a level 1 Launch Site though, it just wont be as much.

* How much research you contribute is calculated by multiplying your Launch Site level by the number of turns you spent researching. For example, if you have two level 9 Launch Sites and you use 10 turns, youâEUTMll contribute 180 research. 18Ã-10=180 research contributed. Keep that in mind, and go help you team win!

Credits to Jiggmin & VforVendetta's KongGuide.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-20 00:17:41 Reply

we're also talking about it here

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-20 01:52:37 Reply

Kong was divided into two teams, red and black. Unfortunately, they have an alliance. If NewGrounds is going to win, we have to work on our teamwork. Lastly, there are spies from other sites on the chat feature. have not figured a good way around that yet. Good luck everybody.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

GamerProist
GamerProist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-20 17:38:39 Reply

I hope the guide did help! :)

stickman8190
stickman8190
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-20 18:33:35 Reply

nice guide!

also click Here to view my profile at jiggmin.com

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-20 19:46:05 Reply

The guide is helpful. This game is very challenging due to the overwhelming amount of Kong users. NewGrounds is the rebel alliance, and Kong the Empire.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

GamerProist
GamerProist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-20 20:07:33 Reply

Thanks, credits to Jiggmin for his JiggGuide & VforVendetta for hes KongGuide!

I'm hoping that Jiggmin uses this guide for New Geo to read the guide in their site and not in Jiggmin.com

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-21 23:27:54 Reply

Agree! Go Newgrounds! For Mother Newgrounds Comrades! Do not turn your back on her!

GamerProist
GamerProist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-22 12:37:30 Reply

If you see this in the guide " IâEUTMd" it means I'd or It's.

Sorry, this forums are different from the forums I came.

iption
iption
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-22 17:42:39 Reply

How can I loot a lot of money or steal a level 9 weapon?
I have maxed my soldiers, but when I attack i only get like 80 credits per soldier, although spy intel says they have much more.
Attacking is not good for me cuz sometimes my soldier dies because of luck 0 and i loose a 9 level weapon, and i'm not able to get it back.
Any tips for earning some money when attacking?

GamerProist
GamerProist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-22 17:50:02 Reply

At 6 minutes ago, iption wrote: How can I loot a lot of money or steal a level 9 weapon?
I have maxed my soldiers, but when I attack i only get like 80 credits per soldier, although spy intel says they have much more.
Attacking is not good for me cuz sometimes my soldier dies because of luck 0 and i loose a 9 level weapon, and i'm not able to get it back.

To get a lot of money attack their Level 9 cities or attack their level 9 Strongholds.

ElitePwnah
ElitePwnah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-22 18:11:01 Reply

Fortunately, Jiggmin has restored the teams and Black Kong has been deleted and Armora lives again. Hurray for New Geo.

chaosbraker
chaosbraker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-22 19:05:38 Reply

At 1 hour ago, GamerProist wrote:
At 6 minutes ago, iption wrote: How can I loot a lot of money or steal a level 9 weapon?
To get a lot of money attack their Level 9 cities or attack their level 9 Strongholds.

Woooooww!! That's really helpful!!
So what you're saying is that the stronger the enemy's stuff the more stuff i can steal, right?
That's so cool but it's also very challenging too.

War Of The Web Guide!

pebs
pebs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-22 19:17:01 Reply

lies you only can get get 259,999 money but besides that awesome game :D just a bit to addictive

GamerProist
GamerProist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-22 20:55:55 Reply

At 1 hour ago, pebs wrote: lies you only can get get 259,999 money but besides that awesome game :D just a bit to addictive

I know, this thread was made before it was 259,999 max and unfortunely you can't edit posts in NewGrounds.

KennyPwns2
KennyPwns2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-22 22:38:35 Reply

I've been wondering, why is it that when I attack a level 9 armory, the best weapon I ever get out of it is spikes? It's quite annoying because I will never get that medal for stealing a level 9 weapon...

Nakedpanda102
Nakedpanda102
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-23 12:41:16 Reply

I have a question, how do I raise my luck score so my lvl 9 troops wont be killed by lvl 1 troops?

GamerProist
GamerProist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-23 13:02:19 Reply

At 20 minutes ago, Nakedpanda102 wrote: I have a question, how do I raise my luck score so my lvl 9 troops wont be killed by lvl 1 troops?

You can't, it used to work before but it's not working anymore. Jiggmin will probably fix it.

iption
iption
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-23 19:06:02 Reply

You should edit the strategy for quick leveling - build ONLY cities till lvl9 then sell and make what you want

GamerProist
GamerProist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-23 19:36:14 Reply

At 29 minutes ago, iption wrote: You should edit the strategy for quick leveling - build ONLY cities till lvl9 then sell and make what you want

Sadly, you can't edit your posts

eternalbeto
eternalbeto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-23 22:33:55 Reply

At 18 minutes ago, Timchik wrote: Destroy Kongregate! No, really. Those guys come in hordes. Like Zerg. Armor Games would be Terrans. Newgrounds would be Protoss. Eeyup. Kongregate gunners are a massive pain in the ass, especially when they pick on beginners.

i know

Dienewbies
Dienewbies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-24 09:21:11 Reply

I think there needs to be a balancing mechanism to go into play.

For instance teams with a lower player base get more bonuses such as more turns. This bonus scales against the highest player base. So in this case, Kong which has the highest player base would get 0 bonuses, while every other team gets bonuses based on how few players they have.

In this case, the highest benefactors to the bonuses would be Jiggs, Armora and F.A.C.E, while we get about half or so of what they get.

If something like this isn't done, Kong is just going to keep powering through without trouble.

iption
iption
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-24 16:27:00 Reply

I have observed the kong yesterday, and found a perfect strategy (and it only takes 2hours to get to high level):
1. Build only cities until lvl9 - always upgrade so you dont have money so they will not farm you
2. With 12 cities change turns into money with 100% tax
3. Sell everything
4. When you build 300 turns again make one city and create money with tax 0% to raise happiness and sell this lvl1 city (this costs nothing) - will give you ~200 000 money
5. do #4 a couple of time until you have 100% happiness
6. build your city the way you want !!! And remember, strongholds are not that good cuz they get sabotagued.

If you want to have an army, when building cities, build one armory lvl9 and buy ~50 tanks, you don't need more.
when you sell everything, build only barracks (12 lvl3 should be enough for 117 soldiers) and create lvl9 soldiers. (this will take you 2h)
After this you sell, and build 4 lvl3 barracks and attack the shit out of Kong (or you can create any configuration you want)
I used this strategy and kicked the hell outa their 10 top researchers, not mentioning stealing 5000 research :D

If you want to be a researcher (hope you never attacked anyone or they will always have national attack bonus), wait until you have 300 turns, then start building only launchers and make them all the same level, depending how much money you have. Then use the turns to make research.

Hopefully this will make us beat Kong.

I have also made a chat room, where you can go and coordinate simultaneous attacks.

DO NOT use NG account name in chat so if there are any spies they will not know who you are, and they will not know who to attack to prevent your attacks.
Chat room is here http://us6.chatzy.com/61485937571963

So lets fuck up Kong now!!

Dimitrilium
Dimitrilium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-24 17:01:37 Reply

Tip for Begginner: build city only at start, bring them all to lvl9, build an armory, buy 99 of all weapons. Sell armory, you don't need to ever bother with that part of the game. You can now start to play seriously.

Protips: All New Geo player, here how to beat Kong: Make an account on Kong, and build lvl9 City and lvl9 Launch site only. (11 city and 2 Launch site seem good)

Step 1: Raid your 2 lvl9 Kong launch site with your NG account and steal research from them.

Step 2: Repair Launch Site on Kong account.

Step 3: Go back to step 1.

Kong use this method on us already.

You can also farm on: jiggminarmorFacebook

Coin farm are not worth it! It's a lot more effective to steal either research or turn from farm account. Produce them yourself. Build something like 10 lvl9 city on NG, a lvl9 barrack, and a lvl9 HQ. No stronghold they are useless because of sabotage when people spy you!!!

Your "weak" but your regeneration power will be insane with only 1 or 2 turn farm. (3 lvl9 HQ and 10 lvl9 city on Jigg or armor is just perfect.) This is war game, but you win only by building up research. You can steal turn and produce lot of coin, lot of lvl9 soldier... Anything really!

You can farm wathever you want on Facebook. But build 1 or 2 spyhub at least, you can sabotage enemy stronghold and seek target with them if you feel like doing some raid. But remember: Destroying anything beside Lauch side and HQ is not very effective.

iption
iption
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-24 17:12:50 Reply

Step 1: Raid your 2 lvl9 Kong launch site with your NG account and steal research from them.

Are you crazy? If you want to raid research you need to make research, that means a lot of research goes to Kong, and you cannot raid everything cuz your cities will get destroyed.
This is a really shitty strategy that will give the kong an advantage

Dimitrilium
Dimitrilium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-24 17:45:26 Reply

At 3/24/12 05:12 PM, iption wrote:
Are you crazy? If you want to raid research you need to make research, that means a lot of research goes to Kong, and you cannot raid everything cuz your cities will get destroyed.
This is a really shitty strategy that will give the kong an advantage

No, you don't need to produce research. You steal Kong research produced by other Kong player and give them no advantage. As long as you don't put turn in your Kong lauch site of course. Since I'm a top researcher on NG, I thing I know what I'm doing.

Each half hour I steal 240 turn on my Armor, Jigg and Facebook. 60 left over are for coin and rebuilding HQ on my farm. A total of (3*240+300) 1020 turn for my main NG account. Plus I steal around 3000 research point in Kong pot. Do you have any idea of how much research I can do? Or how much soldier I can throw at them with just a single barrack and one HQ? Or how much coin I can make using my 10 city? You don't need lot of soldier, this game battle system work with duel, army size have barely any use.

iption
iption
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-24 17:58:49 Reply

No, you don't need to produce research. You steal Kong research produced by other Kong player and give them no advantage. As long as you don't put turn in your Kong lauch site of course. Since I'm a top researcher on NG, I thing I know what I'm doing.

Ok, I did not know that. I only have lvl1 launcher on kong acc to spy on their top researchers.
Will upgrade it - Feel free to steal :D

iption
iption
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-24 18:07:40 Reply

Oh and if you want to sabotage someone before you attack him here is how to do this:
1. in another browser open the game, but keep logged out yout NG account. - this will create an NG account where you can't attack nor research, and can only go to lvl3
2. build only cities to have some money fast - 0% tax helps
3. after this build 1 HQ and the rest lvl3 spy hubs

Now you can spy and sabotage anyone with just 10 turns, and attack them with your real account. Their strongholds are useless.

Dimitrilium
Dimitrilium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to War Of The Web Guide! 2012-03-24 18:09:15 Reply

Well, I'm not sure if you need a Lauch site on NG when you want to steal research from Kong. I you're not stealing any research despite winning the battle, try building a lvl 1 launch site on your NG account and try again. If you're not doing research on your NG account, let the launch site go down, they can't steal from destroyed building.