II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 12:22 AM Reply

At 13 minutes ago, AnonymousOfCali wrote:
At 1 minute ago, II2none wrote:
This is the weirdest defensive statement on suicide I've ever read. So because 1% of the world commits suicide that makes it okay?
See, people like this who argue just for the sake of boosting their ego. I never even quoted this guy or said I believed suicide was right. All I'm trying to point out is the clear retardation and denial in saying your not afraid to die, you just aavoid it because it's "stupid"

ASSumptive statement yeah that'll make people take you seriously.
What does being afraid to die or not has to do with whether suicide is acceptable or not? . Suicide isn't brave, never was never will be. Dying and suicde are two DIFFERENT things.

I hope you all make like an asian and get a visit from tyler durden at your shitty job.

Lol, did "Fight-club" inspire these post? Even more reason not to take you seriously.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 06:38 AM Reply

Based on OP's logic:

Man goes to war, gets shot at, is faced with mortar fire, his friends are killed infront of him, he kills hundreds of people.

He comes back home.

He is scarred by the memories of what he did, and what he saw, he has PTSD.

He can no longer take living in his current state of mind so he kills himself.

According to OP this man is a pussy.

You're a fucking dumbass.Â

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 06:48 AM Reply

I love seeing people make broad, sweeping generalizations about a-neurotypical conditions they know absolutely nothing about, and watching them justify their ignorant judgements of the personalities of individuals who are driven to suicide. No seriously, it's charming

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 06:51 AM Reply

At 4 days ago, HiryuGouki wrote: Try being me, a guy who has an extremely short attention span, who forgets his friends' names all the time, and who's close to failing Economics because of the fact that it's online, and the fact that the tests' questions have extremely difficult to follow wording. Did I commit suicide yet? NO.

Is that because you're too dumb to tie a noose?

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 07:11 AM Reply

At 4 days ago, HiryuGouki wrote:
Try being me, a guy who has an extremely short attention span, who forgets his friends' names all the time, and who's close to failing Economics because of the fact that it's online, and the fact that the tests' questions have extremely difficult to follow wording. Try being a guy who got screwed out of being in the Air Force and who could be in Berlin hanging with beer maids and working on computer systems. Did I commit suicide yet? NO. Do I want to commit suicide for any reason at all? NO. Why? Because I know there are things I want to accomplish, and I have family members that actually give a damn about me. Life is hard. So what?

This is totally comparable to people living with extreme Social Anxiety Disorders, victims of abuse and/or sexual violence crimes, people of marginalized groups who are subject to socially reinforced violence etc etc etc. My, how hard you have it you brave little soldier you.

How would you rationalize the suicide statistics of LGBT youth, with almost a quarter of all transgender women committing suicide VS less than 1% of the rest of the general population, as well as a statistically significant portion of gay teens resorting to suicide as well?

Clearly, when a shitload of people are willing to kill themselves, it's definitely because they're all 'pussies'. Certainly has nothing to do with extenuating circumstances that you are completely ignorant of.

BBS Signature
captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 07:18 AM Reply

i cry when angels deserve to die

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 07:29 AM Reply

At 2 days ago, RacistBassist wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: Or, you know, he's just giving his stance on the subject and never asked for people to care or give attention to him.
When people talk about how worthless they are, I think either: Space monkey, attention whore, or trying to be edgy. He is a mix of the latter two.

I'm not crying for attention or trying to be edgy, I'm just stating that I feel I am worthless to society, is this so difficult to accept?

Be assured though, I'll stay silent for future suicide topics.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 07:53 AM Reply

I work by logic. So when faced with the subject of suicide, I see no point to do it unless there is some horrible disease killing me slowly, or I am mortally wounded, and will not survive anyway. Non-existence is never a better option than living, and suicide should only be a last resort to end your REAL suffering. Not suffering like "oh my life is horrible, waaahhh."

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 05:29 PM Reply

I personally think its a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Most situations can be resolved, and one thing is cretin in this life and that is death. But people can lose hope after years of emotional weight on their backs and the stress can push people to see the end sooner. In no was is it "the pussy way out" if anything I feel for people that even contemplate thoughts of suicide because it shows that a person is weak, and screaming for something to change.

I still don't understand why people do it. It's a stupid, and cowardly thing to do. I try to see the glass half-full, and I see the best in everything, so obviously, I can't relate to someone who feels like it's the only way to end the suffering. Guess what? It's not. There are MANY solutions to life's problems. Even if you have no mental will to go on, you should try anyway just to see if you could find a glimmer of hope.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
Nor
Nor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 3/24/12 07:18 AM, captainlolz wrote: i cry when angels deserve to die

I love tht song.

いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 05:31 PM Reply

Clearly, when a shitload of people are willing to kill themselves, it's definitely because they're all 'pussies'. Certainly has nothing to do with extenuating circumstances that you are completely ignorant of.

There's no reason to commit suicide unless you're actually PHYSICALLY suffering from some fatal disease, or wounded to the point that you're not going to live anyways. That's the way I see it.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM Reply

How would you rationalize the suicide statistics of LGBT youth, with almost a quarter of all transgender women committing suicide VS less than 1% of the rest of the general population, as well as a statistically significant portion of gay teens resorting to suicide as well?

Why resort to suicide? There's always a solution to every problem, save for extremely mortal wounds you won't survive from or fatal diseases with no cures. Gay teens shouldn't be committing suicide. I don't feel sorry for them because they don't have the courage to see that there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel. Even the smallest light can bring hope to the darkest of darkness.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM Reply

At 3/24/12 05:31 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: There's no reason to commit suicide unless you're actually PHYSICALLY suffering from some fatal disease, or wounded to the point that you're not going to live anyways. That's the way I see it.

I think, perhaps, you're not the best authority on pain when the worst you have felt is "Oh god I'm going to fail economics and I didn't get into the air force and I'm not even in Berlin!".

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 05:53 PM Reply

Alright, how about this: no concept or generalisation can be completely applied to everyone. That's why we say "most people...", right?

The concept of suicide makes us think that the person is having a miserable life and it's impossible for him/her to have happiness anymore, so they end it. We all think that, but it's not always the case. Kids nowadays (emos) somehow got the idea that suicide is cool or something so they do it without thinking about the future. In their case, they're fucking teenagers. Teenagers generally experience a lot of crap because they're making their transition to adulthood. Just because your life is miserable as a kid in high school, doesn't mean it'll be like that for the rest of your goddamn life. At that point of their lives, if all they're experiencing is bullying, that's not going to mean anything down the road. Life could get better for them. Now, if someone has a freakin' disease like AIDS or got damaged like the legs blown off or something, that's a different story. Clearly they'll be held back from many of life's joys and that's reason enough that they would be miserable. Suicide isn't always the way to go, but if your life achievements are held back by handicaps and your goals are lost forever, then killing yourself won't make you a wimp.

Suicide doesn't always mean you're pathetic. Only if it's done out of poor judgement when you're still able to achieve happiness.

Or something like that.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 25th, 2012 @ 11:58 AM Reply

I think, perhaps, you're not the best authority on pain when the worst you have felt is "Oh god I'm going to fail economics and I didn't get into the air force and I'm not even in Berlin!".

Actually, I've had worse, which I really don't want to talk about.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 25th, 2012 @ 12:02 PM Reply

He is scarred by the memories of what he did, and what he saw, he has PTSD.

He can no longer take living in his current state of mind so he kills himself.

According to OP this man is a pussy.

You're a fucking dumbass.Ã'

No need to curse at me.

And there ARE treatments for PTSD, you know. If he can no longer take it, why not go see a therapist? There are TONS of options out there, and yes, that includes for treating PTSD.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/post_traumatic_stress_disord er_symptoms_treatment.htm

This should just about do it.

BBS Signature
rithel
rithel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 25th, 2012 @ 02:43 PM Reply

It would make sense for someone to off themselves, when there is no possible way to continue living, or to save one's respect and dignity.
Since death is indeed a part of life, suicide as an option could be valid when it is rationally induced, rather than emotionally.

These are my beliefs on the subject.They do not include nor target any demographic or individuals, nor is this post intended to glorify any previous cases of the same.

Already Disturbed.

Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 25th, 2012 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 3/25/12 11:58 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:
Actually, I've had worse, which I really don't want to talk about.

Turning personal anguish/instability into a one-upsmanship competetion of "What a coward, I've suffered worse things than X person who committed suicide!" is completely fucking stupid and misses the point entirely. It's childish, really.

At 3/25/12 12:02 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
And there ARE treatments for PTSD, you know. If he can no longer take it, why not go see a therapist? There are TONS of options out there, and yes, that includes for treating PTSD.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/post_traumatic_stress_disord er_symptoms_treatment.htm

This should just about do it.

Hey that's great. Also this is completely meaningless!

Guess what? A large majority of mental ailments and personality disorders virtually disable a person's desire for medical attention. Are you aware that one of the actual symptoms of major depression disorder is the inability to care about personal well-being? As in, your brain's activity patterns straight up prevent you from being able to focus on thoughts like "Hey, maybe if I got into therapy I could begin to make some progress and my conditions would improve". It's a self sabotaging disease that manipulates the thought climate of a person in order to influence their behavior in a way that will keep them ill.

It's not a matter of "cheer up and start thinking positively!", that's a horrendously naive and childish way of viewing these sort of cognitive disorders. If people with depression could change their outlook on a whim simply with a little introspection, then they wouldn't be diagnosed with severe chronic depression. In the vast majority of cases, people suffering from these problems need external influence and directive in order to begin any sort of treatment, because they will avoid it like the plague otherwise. And no, not because they're too stupid to realize what modern medicine is, but because that's one of the symptoms of their disease.

But of course, it's easier for everybody to play armchair psychologist over the internet and make huge, sloppy generalizations about the behavior of entire groups of people they have absolutely no experience with and know virtually nothing about who perform certain actions for reasons they have zero understanding of. Hey it's almost as if human behavior isn't black and white and that reasons for suicidal tendencies might just be a bit more nuanced than "person who's just a pussy VS prone with terminal cancer in severe pain" and may require a thorough understanding of accumulated psych knowledge in order to give some of these things context!

tl;dr what this guy said

At 3/24/12 05:34 PM, Aigis wrote:

This.

You're all a bunch of knuckle dragging invertebrates.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 25th, 2012 @ 06:53 PM Reply

At 3/19/12 03:29 PM, FairSquare wrote: I tend to look at individual cases, instead of judging one act that can have so many reasons and motives.

Best answer in this thread. Yep.

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.
My "art" :D

BBS Signature
BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 25th, 2012 @ 06:57 PM Reply

When it comes to suicide, I think my stance is on the edge....

I'm funneh....
no I'm not... :c

Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 09:12 PM Reply

This.

You're all a bunch of knuckle dragging invertebrates.

You know, it's hard to take you seriously when you're being so damn rude.

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 09:13 PM Reply

At 3/26/12 09:12 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:

You know, it's hard to take you seriously when you're being so damn rude.

No, rude is passing judgements on people that you know nothing about.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 09:17 PM Reply

My point of view now is that some people have really bad emotional problems, like to the point where something is seriously wrong with them and they get pushed over the edge.

So it depends.

It does depend, and yes, it does vary from case to case. However, I just can't seem to wrap my head around why people kill themselves over tiny problems. One girl put a shotgun to her mouth, just because kids were making fun of her for being a tomboy and dressing like a dude...Um...Is that a big deal? No. It's not. Sure, it was in Anoka, Minnesota, the place where the demon-spawn Michelle Bachmann was from, but in the end, you should be able to just ignore people and move on. She had a best friend, whose heart she utterly shattered, all because of being made fun for being slightly butch. That's just pathetic if you ask me.

I don't even know why people kill themselves during depression. It just makes no sense to me. I've been depressed, sometimes for a week straight, but that thought of "Hey, maybe if I jumped off that balcony, everyone will forget about me" never crossed my mind. Given, I've never been EXTREMELY depressed before, so I'm just going to stop there. It just pisses me off when people have SO MUCH to live for and off themselves, ending it all for no good reason. That's what bugs me the most, to be perfectly honest.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 09:22 PM Reply

No, rude is passing judgements on people that you know nothing about.

You're not making things better by being rude back to me, you know. I was just stating my opinion, no need to flame me for it. Some people.

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 3/26/12 09:22 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
You're not making things better by being rude back to me, you know. I was just stating my opinion, no need to flame me for it. Some people.

When the opinions you're proclaiming are offensive and ignorant, nobody has to be polite back to you. You wouldn't expect a group of black people on a bus to calmly explain to you why you are an idiot for shouting racial epithets at them.

BBS Signature
ashett
ashett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 09:31 PM Reply

OPs life is not that hard.

I'm quite jealous of these clever signatures.

Lol my Page

BBS Signature
S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 3/26/12 09:22 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:

Sure, he could have been more polite about his post...but on the other hand you've been offensive, ignorant, and overall done nothing but DODGE several important viewpoints in this thread, so not sure why you'd expect otherwise.

If your work isn't worth fighting for, it's not worth uploading on NG, period. (JrHager84)

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 3/25/12 02:43 PM, rithel wrote: It would make sense for someone to off themselves, when there is no possible way to continue living, or to save one's respect and dignity.
Since death is indeed a part of life, suicide as an option could be valid when it is rationally induced, rather than emotionally.

This. Unless the person is facing some really bad problems which can't be reversed at all, suicide is a stupid option.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

If everyone had the will to live all the time, there would be more wars and way more executions for smaller crimes.

Do you really want to see those about to be executed begging for their lives?

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 27th, 2012 @ 12:43 PM Reply

Sure, he could have been more polite about his post...but on the other hand you've been offensive, ignorant, and overall done nothing but DODGE several important viewpoints in this thread, so not sure why you'd expect otherwise.

How have I been ignorant?

BBS Signature