New Topic Respond to this Topic
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 08:32 PM Reply

you fucking kidding me? you'd have to be mentally strong as fuck to commit suicide really, since killing yourself goes against very strong basic natural instincts that are wired into your brain

Actually, "STUPID" is the right word I'm looking for. Committing suicide for any other reason than intense agony that will never end is just plain retarded. It's almost as retarded as keeping a baby with no brain alive. Seriously...You want to watch a hollow shell of a baby grow up to never know ANYTHING? Seriously, look it up. The family keeping it alive is seriously freakin' selfish. They NEED to let it go.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 10:15 PM Reply

My relationship with suicide is quickly becoming more and more intimate. Realizing what a piece of shit I am and being consumed with depression, anxiety and general apathy every waking moment and just wanting it all to end.

The realization of just how monotonous and pointless the existence of life is, the concept is so mind boggling.

I struggle daily to find some kind of meaning in my life anymore.

BBS Signature
Yert
Yert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 10:38 PM Reply

At 22 minutes ago, FallenMartyr wrote: My relationship with suicide is quickly becoming more and more intimate. Realizing what a piece of shit I am and being consumed with depression, anxiety and general apathy every waking moment and just wanting it all to end.

whoa shit bro wow youre so edgy and cool like whoa man i cant even like wow whoa

Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 10:42 PM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, Yert wrote:
At 22 minutes ago, FallenMartyr wrote: My relationship with suicide is quickly becoming more and more intimate. Realizing what a piece of shit I am and being consumed with depression, anxiety and general apathy every waking moment and just wanting it all to end.
whoa shit bro wow youre so edgy and cool like whoa man i cant even like wow whoa

Shut the fuck up you imbecile. Figures I decide to show my actual feelings on the subject and I get some ass clown insulting me.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 10:50 PM Reply

They can do what they want and it is no skin off my back. But, if you have a family that cares about you and needs you and would miss you it is an asshole thing to do. Even if you don't feel like going on you should take one for the team and be there for the people that care about you.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
FordFiestaAnimal
FordFiestaAnimal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 10:50 PM Reply

It has nothing to do with being a coward. Mental ilness really does raise suicidal contemplation. We can't really put ourselves in that persons mind, it's impossible. We don't understand if a "stupid" thing is "huge" for them. I find it inconsiderate how anyone can think it's stupid and cowardly.

I can tell you, because I went into a deep depression back in 07'. It last almost 4 years, but it's past now. I just to believe it was stupid things, but now looking back... they were stupid, but it was huge for me. And at my past state, it made me deeply sadden.

However, something I can say to those who contemplate suicide. Life is suffering, fact. We don't know where we are going afterwards, so you might as well do everything in your power to find the beauty in life.

Since being out of my depression, can't say everything's been perfect, but I've realized that had I actually done it... it would have been a mistake, I could have never undo. My mom, friends would have suffered. Now they are enjoying life alongside me. Now I'm a college student, have a large circle of friends, girls, job... etc. None of those I had before, but I fought for those things. And isn't that what life is all about? Suffering, but fighting against it? It can't win the battle.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 16 hours ago, FallenMartyr wrote: Shut the fuck up you imbecile. Figures I decide to show my actual feelings on the subject and I get some ass clown insulting me.

You deserve to be insulted. Either you're vying for attention, aren't that insecure about your issues, or you just need to nut up and deal with it

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 03:04 PM Reply

Nobody asked to be born into this world. I'm not going to judge somebody for wanting to end their existence if they want to.

Farza
Farza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 03:07 PM Reply

I mean... life is suffering. Face it, unless you live a comfortable life your whole life is a struggle.

I am a FAB

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 03:27 PM Reply

At 25 minutes ago, RacistBassist wrote:
At 16 hours ago, FallenMartyr wrote:
You deserve to be insulted. Either you're vying for attention, aren't that insecure about your issues, or you just need to nut up and deal with it

Or, you know, he's just giving his stance on the subject and never asked for people to care or give attention to him.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: Or, you know, he's just giving his stance on the subject and never asked for people to care or give attention to him.

When people talk about how worthless they are, I think either: Space monkey, attention whore, or trying to be edgy. He is a mix of the latter two.

BBS Signature
Yrtnej
Yrtnej
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 03:58 PM Reply

People who don't understand why someone would kill themselves have either never had something truly devastating happen in their life, or had and never truly learned anything from their devastating experience.

AutumnalEquinox
AutumnalEquinox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Art Lover
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 04:05 PM Reply

Suicide shouldn't be a part of life.

Sig made by Skaren
Formerly known as StonedGrenade

BBS Signature
Lucy
Lucy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 04:37 PM Reply

Its up to the person at the end of the day. If they feel that they really have nothing to live for, then thats their decision. Everyone can get to that point at some point in their life, its just whether you can see things changing for yourself, or motivating yourself to make those changes to enable you to feel better again.

I dont see it as a 'pussy way out' at all, simply because you cannot ever know how an individual who commits suicide is feeling at that point of death.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature
jungleman10
jungleman10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 04:38 PM Reply

The way I see it is, suicide can NEVER be the preferred alternative to continued existance.

In almost all religions, suicide is a sin, and you will go to hell / be re-incarnated as a lower form of life, for it.

And for the nonreligious, then they're choosing oblivion over existance, and while nonexistance is impossible for us to comprehend, I can't see it being better than life, it wont be 'peaceful' it will be nothingness, and you wont even be expirencing nothing...

on a less philosophical scale, however... For the most part, things will get better with time*, you may have to MAKE them get better, but they can. Suicide seems to be for short-sighted people, who don't care for those around them.

* I realise that this is not always the case, and if someone is terminally ill, then I consider euthatnasia to be a viable option for them, euthanasia is different from suicide...

When the needle drops, Time stops.

BBS Signature
keiji11
keiji11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 05:42 PM Reply

Those of you saying suicide is a cowards way out, are wrong. Would you be able to bring the gun to your head and pull the trigger? Would you be able to bring a blade over your wrists? Would you be able to look down a cliff, see that only death awaits, and take that final step? I highly doubt most people in this world would be able to do it.
For those that say people who commit suicide just need to get help, think about it. Yeah, for some people help works, for others its because that help isn't working. And if you say to just keep going, there will be someone who will help you up; for every person actually willing to help you there will be at least 100 more just waiting to push you back down. Or if you're already down they will just kick you while you're down.
But, I still think suicide should only be a last resort and done only if there really is nothing left to make you happy.

DannyJay
DannyJay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 2 days ago, HiryuGouki wrote: My stance goes a little something like this:

:BAWWW I'VE GOT IT HARDER THAN ANYONE ELSE DON'T COMPLAIN BAWWWW

First of all, not sure if trolling or just really stupid.

If really stupid:
It wasn't necessary for you to state what specifically bothered you. This isn't a contest to see who has the worst life. However, now that it's out there, and those are your apparent major issues in life, then your life is relatively good compared to mine and many people I know.
Your way of thinking is too biased by your life experiences. A lot of people are simply unable to retaliate in anyway to bullying, whether physical or verbal or both. And in a lot of cases, when reporting the bullying, the problems aren't resolved and may get worse. Not everyone has friends either. Depression also hits people, some harder than others. People that are driven to suicide or contemplation often experience bullying, physical abuses, verbal abuses, depression, dysfunctional family, and low self esteem. Not necessarily limited to or including all of the above.

My stance: I understand why people do it. You can't tell someone how to feel. It's their choice to do it. However if it's petty thing like getting a bad test grade or getting punished for doing something bad, then they shouldn't be killing themselves IMO.

Don't be afraid of failure.

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 07:19 PM Reply

suicide is just natural se;lection at work

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:17 AM Reply

At 17 hours ago, keiji11 wrote: Those of you saying suicide is a cowards way out, are wrong. Would you be able to bring the gun to your head and pull the trigger? Would you be able to bring a blade over your wrists? Would you be able to look down a cliff, see that only death awaits, and take that final step? I highly doubt most people in this world would be able to do it.

Being able to override basic survival instincts as an escape=! not being a coward. I wouldn't want to burn myself or to tattoo my face, but that doesn't make me cowardly, it makes me not a fucking idiot.

For those that say people who commit suicide just need to get help, think about it. Yeah, for some people help works, for others its because that help isn't working. And if you say to just keep going, there will be someone who will help you up; for every person actually willing to help you there will be at least 100 more just waiting to push you back down. Or if you're already down they will just kick you while you're down.

Oh boo hoo life sucks get over it. Everybody else has.

But, I still think suicide should only be a last resort and done only if there really is nothing left to make you happy.

I think that people who would commit suicide and are not sick are fucking cowards and I don't really care if they'd die unless I knew them.

BBS Signature
CogSpin
CogSpin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:07 PM Reply

There's nothing cowardly about suicide....

We're all going to die anyway....

Frankly, I'm too pussy to commit suicide.... so from that, I would say, it's cowardly NOT to commit suicide... I can't think of anything that takes more courage.

cogspin

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:16 PM Reply

Shut the fuck up you imbecile. Figures I decide to show my actual feelings on the subject and I get some ass clown insulting me.

When you show weakness, the trolls will feast on your reaction. Anyways, suicide is just plain retarded. Don't do it.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:19 PM Reply

My stance: I understand why people do it. You can't tell someone how to feel. It's their choice to do it. However if it's petty thing like getting a bad test grade or getting punished for doing something bad, then they shouldn't be killing themselves IMO.

But, can't you agree that it's still pointless to commit suicide? People who commit suicide want to take the easy way out. I personally find that just getting up everyday and facing it head on is more courageous than killing yourself to make life's hardships go away. It's what I like to call "Being strong enough to live another day". Suicide is what I call a "Pussy Move".

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:21 PM Reply

Suicide is what I call a "Pussy Move".

Given, if people who are sick and are in constant agony, and have no chance of recovering anyways, better kill yourself before the disease gets the chance.

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:44 PM Reply

If you want to suicide then you are irresponsible for your life and to your parents, especially to your mother. Worse than a pussy. Lower than a dog.

Perhaps some of you are orphans but still, you need to think of who gave birth to you and how did she bore the pains to have asshole like you out.

Oh hey, to Muslim assholes who wants to blow themselves up for 'Allah'. Guess what? There is no shit like Allah or virgin. There were only you and the people you had killed.

You think you make big media shit when you die? Not really, you will be forgotten in less than 2 day or even a day if lucky. Life goes one, bitches. So make up your mind before you want to die.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 03:07 PM Reply

Saying "suicide is not the answer" is like saying "don't pay taxes"

We all eventually have to pay taxes - And Die.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:27 AM Reply

Imagine if someone close to you died and I mean really close and suddenly the world seems just that whole lot shittier, like God is mocking you and you can't breath. Imagine thinking to yourself that the only thing worth living for is gone... and keep on living. Fuck, its what you do but it would be so hard for some people I can understand why people would do it.

I wouldn't know what to do with myself if that happened. Seriously...That would just suck really bad.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:29 AM Reply

Saying "suicide is not the answer" is like saying "don't pay taxes"

We all eventually have to pay taxes - And Die.

You're right. Suicide is NOT the answer. Living a full and healthy life and making the best out of a dire situation. I'm one of those people who see the glass half-full, so I can keep on going no matter how bad things get. I know there's still hope for me, even if the world throws its worst at me. Hell, I'm still a virgin, and if I killed myself now, I would never know the feeling of getting laid.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:43 PM Reply

1: As long as the person committing suicide leaves no mark on anyone else emotionally by doing so they can do it. However if others are going to be upset over it I am against it.
2: If they have no other alternative to suicide or their suicide will be beneficial to the world in such a way that outweighs the impact of committing it.

Add those two together for my stance.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:44 PM Reply

I, for one, am a huge fan of Suicide. Their self-titled is one of the best albums I have ever heard in my life and seeing them live was one of the more surreal moments I've ever had. I mean, who hasn't felt the influence of the no core band from NY?

...oh, so we're not talking about-- oh so you mean actual suicide? Awkward.

UncleABCD
UncleABCD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:45 PM Reply

At 4 days ago, yurgenburgen wrote: I understand completely why anyone would want to kill themselves, and I don't blame people who try.
The only guarantee in life is death, so if you can have some say over when it happens, more power to you.

This and the following posts by yurgen sum it up for me quite nicely.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature