Be a Supporter!

Your Stance on Suicide?

  • 3,957 Views
  • 181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 05:09 PM Reply

What is cowardice OP?
YET i still think suicide can be justified.

You have some grammar mistakes.

NO, suicide CANNOT be justified. The people who do it were obviously looking for an easy way out of their suffering. There IS no easy way out, except death. Life is a tough thing to go through. You're not just hurting yourself when you kill yourself. You're hurting the people that love you, those that wanted to love you, those that thought you were a nice person, et cetera. THAT'S why I hate it when people commit suicide. It's selfish. It's the most selfish thing you can do, and in the end, nothing good comes out of it.


SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
PIED3
PIED3
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, TheSporkLord wrote: People taking the most valuable thing for granted and you want me to pity them? Ha. I mean you can do whatever you want, but killing yourself is pathetic.

Why is deciding not do take part in something you don't enjoy "pathetic"? I don't know where everyone has got this idea from that the only reason not to do something is through a fear of it. Value being subjective, i don't see how you can argue to someone who wants to commit suicide that life is inherently valuable. If they don't enjoy it, then what value does it have?

Another thing to remember is that everyone dies. Choosing to end your own life is actually just choosing to shorten it. Committing suicide is just like an extreme version of choosing to eating junk food or smoking cigarettes. You know it's bad for your health, but you decide to do it anyway because a shorter life of pleasure is better than a longer life of suffering. People are willing to trade years of suffering for moments of bliss. That decision has nothing to do with being "weak" or "pathetic" or "cowardly".


BBS Signature
PIED3
PIED3
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 05:17 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, HiryuGouki wrote: You have some grammar mistakes.

I apologize.

NO, suicide CANNOT be justified. The people who do it were obviously looking for an easy way out of their suffering.

Heh, in what way is that "obvious"? And that sounds like a perfectly good justification to me. I want my life to be easy rather than difficult and i think most people do too.

It's selfish. It's the most selfish thing you can do, and in the end, nothing good comes out of it.

Nothing good comes from being dead, i agree with that. But that doesn't it never makes sense to do things that shorten your life. Imagine if someone offered you a drug that took a weak of your life, but made the rest of it a living paradise. Suicide is about shortening your life. Do you think the best life is the longest life? What use does extending your life span have unless you're enjoying it?


BBS Signature
MightyJackHammer
MightyJackHammer
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 05:19 PM Reply

I really don't give a fuck if someone wants to off themselves or not. Its their life, not mine. Now, trying to kill me is a completely different matter.


Common sense is not so common- Voltaire
Action is the real measure of intelligence- Napoleon Hill
Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings- Salvador Dali

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Artist
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 05:22 PM Reply

At 11 minutes ago, HiryuGouki wrote: NO, suicide CANNOT be justified.

Justice is a human concept and what constitutes justice is entirely subjective, so your claim that suicide "cannot be justified" is as empty as it is redundant and stupid.

The people who do it were obviously looking for an easy way out of their suffering.

Wrong; they're looking for an effective way out of their suffering.

VegetarianMeat
VegetarianMeat
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 05:23 PM Reply

Nobody will ever understand anyone else's pain so don't pretend like you do.

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, PIED3 wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, TheSporkLord wrote: People taking the most valuable thing for granted and you want me to pity them? Ha. I mean you can do whatever you want, but killing yourself is pathetic.
Why is deciding not do take part in something you don't enjoy "pathetic"? I don't know where everyone has got this idea from that the only reason not to do something is through a fear of it. Value being subjective, i don't see how you can argue to someone who wants to commit suicide that life is inherently valuable. If they don't enjoy it, then what value does it have?

So not enjoying something means it has no value? I'm sure many people aren't too thrilled about the jobs they have, but obviously they have some amount of value. Not to mention it's incredibly short sighted and a slap in the face to anyone who may be worse off but still living.

Another thing to remember is that everyone dies. Choosing to end your own life is actually just choosing to shorten it. Committing suicide is just like an extreme version of choosing to eating junk food or smoking cigarettes. You know it's bad for your health, but you decide to do it anyway because a shorter life of pleasure is better than a longer life of suffering. People are willing to trade years of suffering for moments of bliss. That decision has nothing to do with being "weak" or "pathetic" or "cowardly".

Moments of bliss? Not feeling anything does not equal bliss. And it has everything to do with being a coward. When something sucks and you say " i want the easy way out " that is quite literally being a coward, its being a weakling.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
nakedxbabe
nakedxbabe
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:16 PM Reply

Suicide is a great thing.
Let's keep the population down people.


Myspace
Website Coming SoonPurevolume
<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature
TheLukeinator
TheLukeinator
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:42 PM Reply

If people want to kill themselves, let them. But I won't do it.


"Don't worry honey, I won't fall asleep on the toilet." - Elvis Presley

Uchumaru08
Uchumaru08
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:45 PM Reply

It doesn't sound like you have it really hard.


Minecraft - IAmJim .,--,. Steam - IAmJim
Sig made by Squidbit.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:48 PM Reply

Nothing good comes from being dead, i agree with that. But that doesn't it never makes sense to do things that shorten your life. Imagine if someone offered you a drug that took a weak of your life, but made the rest of it a living paradise. Suicide is about shortening your life. Do you think the best life is the longest life? What use does extending your life span have unless you're enjoying it?

When you're committing suicide, you're hurting those around you, not just yourself. My mother and father would be downright devastated if I even CONTEMPLATED suicide. Even IF life got tough, I would still push through it, because I have been taught and raised to see the best in everything, even a dismal situation.


SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
  • Member since: Feb. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:49 PM Reply

I don't see what people mean when they say it's cowardly move, if you ask me I say it's just kinda dumb. I mean, you'll die eventually you should still live while you can, and I don't exactly what they try to

pussy out of

honestly, it's not like you can chicken out on life.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:49 PM Reply

It's a feat that very few animals are capable of doing.

Also, isn't cowardice the act of avoiding death and torture by any means, including the expense of others?

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:50 PM Reply

I don't see what people mean when they say it's cowardly move, if you ask me I say it's just kinda dumb. I mean, you'll die eventually you should still live while you can, and I don't exactly what they try to

I see it as cowardly, but dumb is another great word to describe how stupid suicide is, regardless of your situation.


SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
Nick2292
Nick2292
  • Member since: May. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:02 PM Reply

At 10 minutes ago, HiryuGouki wrote:
I don't see what people mean when they say it's cowardly move, if you ask me I say it's just kinda dumb. I mean, you'll die eventually you should still live while you can, and I don't exactly what they try to
I see it as cowardly, but dumb is another great word to describe how stupid suicide is, regardless of your situation.

You've really never been that down and out have you? You don't know what it's like to feel that hopeless about just everything..

PsyhcoWalrus
PsyhcoWalrus
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:07 PM Reply

I understand why someone owuld want to commit suicide, for one of the main reasons people do it is because they have nothing to live for. I am highly ambitious so I would never commit suicide myself but if someone else wants to, let them go right ahead. Getting them help would only prove to show them that they actually do have problems and it would make them more depressed. Talking them out of it would make them feel sorry for themselves and thrive to grab more peoples' attention.

There is the people who know they are going to end it for themselves and then there is the people who think about ending it for themselves. The first group are just really messed up and can't be helped. The latter group are depressed, attention seeking no lifes whom are only looking for pity and attention from others.


Neo Classical Shredder

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 12 minutes ago, HiryuGouki wrote: regardless of your situation.

What if you're in a dungeon being tortured everyday, your bones are either cut off or broken, and below your torture table is a bunch of sharp spikes.

What do you do?

Endure new tortures for the rest of your life, or fall on the spikes and end it all?

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:11 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, Painbringer wrote:
At 12 minutes ago, HiryuGouki wrote: regardless of your situation.
What if you're in a dungeon being tortured everyday, your bones are either cut off or broken, and below your torture table is a bunch of sharp spikes.

I'm pretty sure you'd already be dead from shock.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:12 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, HiryuGouki wrote: My stance goes a little something like this:

Committing suicide is a pussy way out. Life is hard. Get over it. Try being me, a guy who has an extremely short attention span, who forgets his friends' names all the time, and who's close to failing Economics because of the fact that it's online, and the fact that the tests' questions have extremely difficult to follow wording. Try being a guy who got screwed out of being in the Air Force and who could be in Berlin hanging with beer maids and working on computer systems. Did I commit suicide yet? NO. Do I want to commit suicide for any reason at all? NO. Why? Because I know there are things I want to accomplish, and I have family members that actually give a damn about me. Life is hard. So what?
You get bullied a lot. Well, if you have ANY guts at all, and everything you've tried doesn't work, beat the living snot out of the bully and get it over with. Simple, right? If the bully doesn't listen, use force! You know what? I used to get bullied ALL THE TIME in high school (until I joined AFJROTC). People made fun of how skinny I was, and picked on me because I'm not exactly "Fashion-saavy". Did I kill myself? NO. Why? I had friends. I had dreams. I had family. Those things were enough to keep alive. I know life is going to be tough. Am I going to commit suicide? NO. Dying is easy. Life is hard. So what? I love a good challenge, and I can't wait to see what life throws at me next. I enjoy a good fight, and I always come out of it, regardless of how many bruises, cuts or scars I may get.
If you commit suicide, you're a coward. You're a coward, and I hope you get what's coming to you. Give life another shot before you decide to hang yourself, OD on pills, or jump off of a bridge. Think of all the people who love and care about you. Life has SO MANY wonderful things. Why stop living now all because you get teased all the time? Life DOES get better! It may not happen immediately, it may not happen tomorrow, maybe not next week, but it WILL get better! Just give it a chance!

Anyways, that's enough ranting. Your stance?

Suicide is completely the choice and option of every individual. It's a human's right to be able to end his life whenever he so chooses for whatever he or she so chooses.

Hell, we don't even have an decision on when we are born, but we do have the decision to end our life whenever we so choose to (besides death from accidents, natural causes and all that other stuff).

For alot of individuals, it Won't get better, and who can blame them? Humans are inherently horrible things, and when you think about it, many buisnessmen make a living off the death of other humans in war. We lie, we steal, and we manipulate.


Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:16 PM Reply

At 40 seconds ago, II2none wrote: I'm pretty sure you'd already be dead from shock.

The surgeons stop the bleeding after each amputation.

Basically, you are slowly being reduced to a barely-living bag of meat.

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Painbringer wrote:
Basically, you are slowly being reduced to a barely-living bag of meat.

NOOO, stop giving the SAW franchise more ideas!


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:26 PM Reply

Emotional turmoil doesn't know logic or reason. If someone loses control of their emotions far enough they can do crazy things like kill themselves, it's not that hard to understand.

I hardly see how it's cowardly either, when it's something that the majority of people are afraid to do.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:40 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, HiryuGouki wrote:
It's selfish.

So is everything else we do on some level. Want to know what else is selfish? Wanting someone to live in misery just so you can love them.

Winrar1337
Winrar1337
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Movie Buff
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:44 PM Reply

As far as I'm concerned, suicide is an instrument of natural selection.


"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:51 PM Reply

At 6 minutes ago, Winrar1337 wrote: As far as I'm concerned, suicide is an instrument of natural selection.

Even when the person has contributed to society and was overall a pretty intelligent person? Ok.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:52 PM Reply

At 7 minutes ago, Winrar1337 wrote: As far as I'm concerned, suicide is an instrument of natural selection.

Implying that people that commit suicide never reproduce?
Implying that genetics determine one's fate in life?

Nor
Nor
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Reader
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:53 PM Reply

Suicide is actually quite brave, OP, How many of you can actually kill yourself? But it is not good.


いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:56 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, NightOwlRoost wrote: Suicide is actually quite brave, OP, How many of you can actually kill yourself? But it is not good.

It's not bravery its desperation.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Nor
Nor
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Reader
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 49 seconds ago, II2none wrote:
At 1 minute ago, NightOwlRoost wrote: Suicide is actually quite brave, OP, How many of you can actually kill yourself? But it is not good.
It's not bravery its desperation.

Hmm..maybe, but it is still brave to take your life, of course not from the one who is committing suicide, but from anothers view point.


いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Your Stance on Suicide? Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 08:08 PM Reply

At 8 minutes ago, NightOwlRoost wrote: Hmm..maybe, but it is still brave to take your life, of course not from the one who is committing suicide, but from anothers view point.

No it isn't. There's lots of shit sane people don't want to try or do, that doesn't mean they're brave if they do it, most likely it means they are stupid.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature