00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

War of the webs

5,917 Views | 40 Replies

War of the webs 2012-03-18 22:20:58

I heard that Kong is winning the war of the web game because of its forum. So I've decided to start a thread for the game.

The most recent orgainized effort was against wafflelord.

Unless if there's a similar thread elsewhere (or this isn't allowed), i'd like you guys to organize other efforts here.

...is it me or has politics suddenly become a series of mandatory lightning rounds in a mandatory game show?

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-19 00:14:58

sounds like a good idea

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-19 00:49:23

I am in. I am tired of Kong dominating everything.

I think someone should post a tips and tricks thing in this thread because the game is challenging to figure out.

I also vote we make teams and coordinate attacks via PM so that the enemy cannot read this board and know.

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-19 00:52:34

Winning the war? OH NOES!

Bring out the wookies!

BBS Signature

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-19 02:33:10

At 1 hour ago, BenwaHakubi wrote: I am in. I am tired of Kong dominating everything.

I think someone should post a tips and tricks thing in this thread because the game is challenging to figure out.

I also vote we make teams and coordinate attacks via PM so that the enemy cannot read this board and know.

There are members who are more or less double agents when it comes to Kong and us.

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-19 02:36:08

post a tips and tricks thing in this thread because the game is challenging to figure out.

There are members who are more or less double agents when it comes to Kong and us.

OH NOES!

I spot u!

Triple agent

Attack RAYQUAZA!

POKEMON FIGHT!

BBS Signature

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-19 02:42:10

Does the fact that I don't know what any of this means make me better than all of you at life?

BBS Signature

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-19 02:48:06

At 5 minutes ago, Chocomilk wrote: Does the fact that I don't know what any of this means make me better than all of you at life?

No it means you're missing out on an entertaining yet frustrating experience.

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-19 02:48:18

At 5 minutes ago, Chocomilk wrote: Does the fact that I don't know what any of this means make me better than all of you at life?

Me and you have the same thought process going on.

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-19 03:00:08

kongregate is destroying us

someone help

G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A

LAST.FM

CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-19 03:09:58

Here are some good tips:
--place 4 strongholds around the middle square, so that way you can protect every other square
--if youre just starting out, start with several cities, so you can earn money, then you can sell off some of them later
--attack cities to earn money, attack hq to earn turns, attack armories to get weapons. the higher the enemy building levels are, the higher the reward
--upgrading your hq(or having more than 1)allows you to attack with more units each time, thus allowing you to reap higher rewards when you attack
--Spy on someone before you attack them! the higher level your spy place, the better chance you have to disable their strongholds for the very next attack
--use that 33% revenge bonus to your advantage: dont try to instigate attacks unless you need to
--talk to some of the other players and see if you can find some "farms": basically just places with cities that you can attack for money. if you cant find any, you could always make one yourself as a last resort. just go to one of the other sites, and make a farm for yourself to attack
--you get 9 turns per minute, and cannot increase that number, so use them wisely, as other than attacking enemy hq, thats the only way to get turns
--try to get 100% happiness as soon as possible, by lowering your tax rate from 50 to a lower number(dont just leave it on 50%!). having a higher happiness nets you a higher attack bonus, plus once you get to 100% happiness, you can put your tax bonus back up to 50% and leave it there, and it wont lower the 100% happiness at all. also, beware, if you have low happiness, you will get a negative attack bonus
--it wouldnt be a bad idea to open up a tab with the game on kongregate, just so you can see what the players are talking about, and perhaps be able to defend yourself in advance :)
--dont forget about getting a research center. after all, thats the ultimate point of the game
--it wouldnt be a bad idea to have multiple cities or multiple barracks, but you really only need 1 armory. anything else is up to you
--dont be afraid in asking others for help in attacking someone, it can really help take someone down
--upgrade, upgrade, upgrade!
------
Hope this helps people!

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-20 01:57:17

Once you buy weapons from the armory, you can sell it and keep your weapons.
If you have a level 9 headquarters, you will attack or defend with nine troops.
Kong is divided into two teams, red and black. They have an alliance ,and are working together.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-22 05:16:34

I suggest a selected group of people A.K.A "Moderators" should be in the War of the Webs game and then hunt down double agents but the Moderators CANNOT be double-agents but if they are they will be kicked out from the Moderator group each in every 4 websites.

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-22 05:54:49

At 35 minutes ago, 9587444 wrote: I suggest a selected group of people A.K.A "Moderators" should be in the War of the Webs game and then hunt down double agents but the Moderators CANNOT be double-agents but if they are they will be kicked out from the Moderator group each in every 4 websites.

http://jiggmin.com/threads/80826-Newgrounds-want-peace-with-
jiggs
. This is our peace treaty with Jiggs. Me and Tollo have worked hard on this so spread the word to the Newgrounds players!

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-22 05:57:25

the upside to this game is that people are making accounts like crazy just so they can play this game for NG. perhaps one day they'll come back to the site and actually appreciate it...

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-22 11:00:07

Pretty interesting game, although I kind of suck at it. Keep getting attacked by two guys

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-22 11:02:33

This 'war' is boring...

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-22 12:21:48

ok what must i do ?

Newest interview with Squidbit Cheeeeeeeck it out

You give up your freedom for the safety that the government promises you ~ Confucianism

Sig by Asandir

BBS Signature

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-22 14:10:50

If you want to simulate a better wargame then make it more realistic please. Not kiddy wargames sell for $1 dollar.

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-22 14:14:01

Look at all the craps I give!

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-22 16:23:14

At 3 days ago, BoredLooney wrote: I heard that Kong is winning the war of the web game because of its forum. So I've decided to start a thread for the game.

The most recent orgainized effort was against wafflelord.

Unless if there's a similar thread elsewhere (or this isn't allowed), i'd like you guys to organize other efforts here.

Okay, I've read every post that's been posted so far, and no one has explained what this "War of the Webs" game is. I've grasped that it has something to do with sites competing and supposedly "attacking" each other, and forming alliances and so forth. But what the hell is this exactly? Can someone please explain?

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-22 16:25:51

At 1 minute ago, Jay wrote: But what the hell is this exactly? Can someone please explain?

It's connected to other websites apparently. We as Newgrounders could take on Facebook Users, Kongregate users, etc.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-22 16:26:54

Kongregate is nerfed as fuck, so even though their numbers are bigger, the odds are about 50/50 for us.

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-22 16:40:39

At 13 minutes ago, ZJ wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Jay wrote: But what the hell is this exactly? Can someone please explain?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592034
It's connected to other websites apparently. We as Newgrounders could take on Facebook Users, Kongregate users, etc.

Thanks. After looking into it and reading the instructions I...still really don't understand how to play. But then again it looks kind of like an RTS or something, which is my least favorite kind of game. So although the concept sounds interesting, I probably shouldn't bother.

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-23 12:43:14

I have a question, how do I raise my luck score so my lvl 9 troops wont be killed by lvl 1 troops?

The whole "calculating troops strength" is flawed. The fact that its done by:
Troop strength= (wep. x lvl x luck) means that this "random" 0 luck gives you 0 troop strength

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-23 18:20:29

War of the Webs is a great game. I have launched three rockets to Mars. I agree that we need a mod or mods to remove Kong double agents. They mods could also help remove the spam.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-23 18:25:42

This is a shitty text based game for the most part with minimal graphics. A lot of number running, and you have no real direct interaction. Also, the game is rigged in Kongregate's favor.

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-24 10:10:11

I said it awhile ago in a different thread, so now I'll put it somewhere where people will actually read it.

"I think there needs to be a balancing mechanism to go into play.

For instance teams with a lower player base get more bonuses such as more turns. This bonus scales against the highest player base. So in this case, Kong which has the highest player base would get 0 bonuses, while every other team gets bonuses based on how few players they have.

In this case, the highest benefactors to the bonuses would be Jiggs, Armora and F.A.C.E, while we get about half or so of what they get.

If something like this isn't done, Kong is just going to keep powering through without trouble."

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-24 15:51:05

^^^ Best idea I've heard all day. This game definitly needs luck fixes though. I once lost 3 lv 9 solders with lv 9 weaps to lv 1 soldiers with pitchforks. FOR NEWGROUNDS!

Response to War of the webs 2012-03-24 15:51:06

I am here to post the peace treaty between New Geo and Armora
NG won't attack the Armora, and Armora won't attack NG
We however encourage the Armora to attack NG based farms, because we don't want the kong to.
Any NG'r to attack the Armora is most likely a Kong spy trying to break us up.
Everyone abide by this, it's a win-win.