00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Twinspurr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm taking AP compsci next year

803 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm taking AP compsci next year 2012-03-18 00:27:09

and I'm pretty sure I'm fucked, where do I start, what are the basics, because google doesn't organize the shit for me. I have no knowledge of programming, little understanding of html/java, very little, probably overlookable in its minisculeness.

Response to I'm taking AP compsci next year 2012-03-18 01:11:30

When I first started Comp Sci at university, they started off at the very basics, teaching everything from scratch and assuming no previous programming knowledge.

Unless you actually heard someone say you need to know something ahead of time, you can safely assume it'll be taught from the beginning.

I implore you to reconsider.

Response to I'm taking AP compsci next year 2012-03-24 22:56:52

At 3/18/12 01:11 AM, Khronosis wrote: When I first started Comp Sci at university, they started off at the very basics, teaching everything from scratch and assuming no previous programming knowledge.

Unless you actually heard someone say you need to know something ahead of time, you can safely assume it'll be taught from the beginning.

im in ap comp sic right now, pretty much this^
if you do wan a learn programming early though, try to learn some python or java(which is what were learning right now.

Response to I'm taking AP compsci next year 2012-03-28 20:27:23

Yeah it's a highschool class, and here at my Uni they assumed you know nothing and started from the ground up. I'd suggest Java, since that's probably what your class will cover. However I like Python a whole lot more.

Don't stress about it, but it'll undoubtedly help if you learn whatever you can over the summer. You'll likely do just fine if you learn how to make variables, initialize them, basic input/output, control structures like if else and loops, and learn how to write functions with parameters.

But like some other dude said if you were told to know something before hand then it's a different story.