Schulles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Game Developer
Utopian Mining - Beta-Testing Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 06:24 PM Reply

Hey guys!
Welcome to Utopia!
A few days ago a storm destroyed nearly the whole town.
Help these people and find out more about the Core-Ore...
Mine around as a mining robot, earn money, buy better hardware and complete missions.

• Utopian Mining
    Utopian Mining by Schulles

Complete missions, earn money, buy upgrades and find out more about the COre...

Type
    Game Project

http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/532493/preview]
CLICK UP HERE TO PLAY THE PRE-RELEASE

This game has a few missions, different upgrades for your robot like drills, chasis, cooling liquids and batteries, awesome music made by Kevin MacLeod, some selfmade 8bit sounds, and lots of coal, iron, gold, wolfram, smaragd, ruby and diamonds!

Enjoy!

Just give it a try and tell me what you think about it. :P
Please tell me if you find any bugs or spelling mistakes.
If you have any cool ideas or improvements you'd like to share please don't hesitate to tell me! ;)
Hope this is the right place on the newgrounds forum to ask for some feedback. :)

Thanks!

//Schulles

Utopian Mining - Beta-Testing

Schulles
Schulles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Game Developer
Response to Utopian Mining - Beta-Testing Mar. 16th, 2012 @ 09:01 AM Reply

Has no one played it yet?
Or is this the wrong place to ask for testing and feedback?

Sandremss128
Sandremss128
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Programmer
Response to Utopian Mining - Beta-Testing Mar. 16th, 2012 @ 09:29 AM Reply

In the beginning clicking the logo took me to a page and paused the game, if I click on it again to play it would open another popup.. This annoyed me enough to not go any further.

Schulles
Schulles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Game Developer
Response to Utopian Mining - Beta-Testing Mar. 16th, 2012 @ 10:16 AM Reply

At 22 minutes ago, Sandremss128 wrote: In the beginning clicking the logo took me to a page and paused the game, if I click on it again to play it would open another popup.. This annoyed me enough to not go any further.

Looks like you found a bug!
So you can't resume the game if your browser doesn't use another tab for the link, but opens a popup.

It's fixed now, so give it a try if you want to!

c0rupt3d
c0rupt3d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Utopian Mining - Beta-Testing Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 01:33 AM Reply

I think the games really cool :D Just needs a little more polish / ease of use in the beginning ( I wasnt aware i had to press down to dig :S ) Maybe because I skipped the text but something visual is always good.

BBS Signature
ImaginaMagica
ImaginaMagica
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Game Developer
Response to Utopian Mining - Beta-Testing Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:09 AM Reply

At 7 days ago, Schulles wrote: Hey guys!
Welcome to Utopia!
Mine around as a mining robot, earn money, buy better hardware and complete missions.
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/532493

This game has a few missions, different upgrades for your robot like drills, chasis, cooling liquids and batteries, awesome music made by Kevin MacLeod, some selfmade 8bit sounds, and lots of coal, iron, gold, wolfram, smaragd, ruby and diamonds!

Enjoy!

If you have any cool ideas or improvements you'd like to share please don't hesitate to tell me! ;)
Hope this is the right place on the newgrounds forum to ask for some feedback. :)

Thanks!

//Schulles

Just started playing. Warning: I'm a writer. I can be kind of nit-picky with the proofreading.

In the first quest, wherever it says 'rebuiding,' it should say rebuild. "Please help me rebuild" "Help rebuild john's apartment"

"Looks like gronk, the guy with the beard needs your help." Gronk should be capitalized, and there should be a comma after beard.

Maybe give the player the option to sell one kind of ore, instead of only allowing them to sell all of their ores at once.

Fiberglass is misspelled in the blonde guy's second quest chat.

"Break through everything and get the COre!" <--I know it's the "core ore", but was that on purpose?

Anyways, that's just a few things I saw. It's an awesome game and super-addicting.

Schulles
Schulles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Game Developer
Response to Utopian Mining - Beta-Testing Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:30 AM Reply

At 9 hours ago, ImaginaMagica wrote:
At 7 days ago, Schulles wrote: Hey guys!
Welcome to Utopia!
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/532493

Enjoy!

Thanks!

//Schulles
Just started playing. Warning: I'm a writer. I can be kind of nit-picky with the proofreading.

In the first quest, wherever it says 'rebuiding,' it should say rebuild. "Please help me rebuild" "Help rebuild john's apartment"

"Looks like gronk, the guy with the beard needs your help." Gronk should be capitalized, and there should be a comma after beard.

Maybe give the player the option to sell one kind of ore, instead of only allowing them to sell all of their ores at once.

Fiberglass is misspelled in the blonde guy's second quest chat.

"Break through everything and get the COre!" <--I know it's the "core ore", but was that on purpose?

Anyways, that's just a few things I saw. It's an awesome game and super-addicting.

First of all: Thanks for playing!
Haha, nice to have someone who can help me with my bad English! :D

1. Changed 'rebuilding' -> 'rebuild' and 'appartment' -> 'apartment'
2. I think Gronk was capitalized... Couldn't find it in my code written incorrectly... Anyway, I set the comma now.
3. You can! When you enter the shop the first time it says:
"Press '1', '2', '3', etc. to select/unselect the ores you want to sell."
Try it! ;)
4. No, it's not misspelled. It's British-English: fibreglass
5. Yap, did that on purpose. Cheap pun... :D
6. Thank you very much!