New Topic Respond to this Topic
Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 18:42:20 Reply

Had a fun conversation with a few mates about how we were beaten as kids. The conversation was almost nostalgic, oddly enough, and a lot of it came back to me. But simply put, were you beaten by your parents when you you misbehaved as a kid? What were your parents preferences in dishing out the punishment?

The worst for myself would have to be getting whipped by coat-hangers or Hot Wheels tracks. Those orange sons of bitches fucking stung against bare skin when they hit you with decent speed. Put a real incentive into cleaning your cars up when your parents tell you.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 18:43:29 Reply

hit the other cheek daddy, its getting lonely

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
benmitchell0036
benmitchell0036
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 18:44:31 Reply

I was spanked, but I was never "beaten." No lasting physical damage or pain was ever inflicted, although I was spanked with a hairbrush (the spiky side) which was quite unpleasant.

Spiderwebbie
Spiderwebbie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 18:48:50 Reply

I only remember 2 times I was hit... in first grade when they used to send ya too the "office" and you had to bend over for the big wooden paddle AND my mom after I got a tattoo " I was only 15" . Quite some time ago. I guess my parents were not into the beating thing. I feel for thou. When my moms having a bad day.. she remembers the beatings her dad gave her.

Good thing her parental skills didnt come from her own past.

BBS Signature
Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 18:49:24 Reply

Getting beaten and getting punished are two different things entirley.

kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 18:53:31 Reply

no never your parents are just no good bastards i spanked but not beaten

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 18:55:48 Reply

i think i was spanked twice when i was kid

i guess that probably doesn't qualify as being beaten

my parents knew i hated getting grounded far more than i would a beating/spanking anyways

G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 18:57:51 Reply

I was spanked only once or twice.

I remember one time i was spanked..
It was bedtime for me, but i decided to prank my mom. I was about 8 at the time.
My mom came upstairs to tuck me in, but i hid under my bed. Now, i had done this before and it was like an inside joke.
I would hide under the bed, my mom would pretend not to know where i could possibly be and i would roll towards her while shouting ''BOOO'' and she would be 'scared'.
This time however, when she wasn't watching, i crawled from under the bed at the head-end so she wouldn't see me and sneaked behind her, out of my room. And i ran downstairs. Couldn't find a good hiding spot, so went outside. Through our garden, into an alley behind our house (it was summer and still light outside).
There, i waited behind a corner in the alley and i heard my mother calling my name. She began to yell louder and louder. I thought it was part of the game, but she really didn't know where i went and thus began to panic a little.
Can't remember how long i actually stayed in the alley. Probably about 10 minutes before my mom went outside too and into the alley. Heard her walking towards the corner and.. ''BOOOO!!''
I really startled her this time and began to laugh.
My mother didn't think it was so funny, because she was actually worried and didn't know where i went.
And so she spanked me.
Never dared to hide again.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 19:01:43 Reply

Also one time when I was 6 or 7 my dad started beating the shit out of me and my sister but first I think he beat me and I asked why he was doing this and than he said someone threw my 20$ sketchers over the fence to the dog and than the dog ripped them apart and than he hit me some more and than I said I didn't do it over and over and than grabbed my sister and than he picked her up by her hair and than he flung her around and she was screaming and crying and than I didn't want to see that anymore so I lied and said I was the one that did it and than he started hitting me and than my mom was just watching from a chair not saying anything than my dad said he was going to leave me there all night. 7 years later my sister said she was the one who threw my sketchers over the fence and I wanted to beat the shit out of her but I didn't. Thank god i'm out of my parent's house. WHAT AN ASSHOLE XD

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 19:01:56 Reply

It happened during my childhood up to my early teens.

I used to get hit with belts, wire coat hangers, bamboo sticks, shoes, hands, and one time I got punched in the head.

Most of the time it was for getting bad grades and horseplay.

A lot of young assholes (who never had a finger laid on them by their parents) say I deserved it.

convict357
convict357
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 19:02:45 Reply

I was only spanked twice TOTAL, first time was when I was 3 I think and at church (I'm a christian) during the Lord supper for some insane reason I managed to escape my mom's grasp and ran over to the men doing the Lord supper and my mom spanked me and guess what? she felt bad for me after. The second time it was on a Wednesday after church (We have study's on Wednesday's) and my dad came into our room (my bro and I share the same room) and brought a chair and told my bro to come to him and spanked him and then told me to come to him and he spanked us kinda hard but the pain didn't really last it was more of a large sting and told us to go to bed and he ALSO felt bad for us after.

The first time was only me that got spanked.

Click my sig, it says so.

BBS Signature
Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 19:04:20 Reply

Yep. My tail was torn up a slew of times as a kid. The punishment depended on the crime. We had time out, bed without supper, toys taken, sentences, etc.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 19:15:30 Reply

Never spanked. Was only hit by coat hangers or something when I misbehaved.
Nothing nostalgic, just an uncomfortable, repressed memory.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
walkinator
walkinator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 19:16:21 Reply

My older brother used to beat me and call me a fagot every day. My mother allowed it to happen and I think I can recall my mother siding with him saying " You shouldn't act gay, Matt. Homosexuality is a sin." Funny thing, I never was a homosexual and half of the stuff I did to "deserve" these beatings were just things little boys do, like sing or pretend to shoot monsters with sticks.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 19:56:57 Reply

Hitting your kid is really frowning upon where I live. So no, I was never beaten.

It might even have been illegal, although I'm not entirely sure.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 20:02:00 Reply

Quite a lot actually. Funny how it doesn't even bother me. I have realistic things to worry about, this doesn't mean much to me at all.

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 20:13:06 Reply

I think I got smacked once or twice when I was being a bastard but otherwise no.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 20:28:15 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Markface wrote: Had a fun conversation with a few mates about how we were beaten as kids. The conversation was almost nostalgic, oddly enough, and a lot of it came back to me. But simply put, were you beaten by your parents when you you misbehaved as a kid? What were your parents preferences in dishing out the punishment?

Yes I was whooped into being responsible. When I was young the jingle of a belt buckle made me momentarily paranoid.

-------------

getting whipped by Hot Wheels tracks.

Were You Beaten?

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
TheLukeinator
TheLukeinator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 21:09:00 Reply

My parents used to spank me when I was real young, but that can't really be called beating.

"Don't worry honey, I won't fall asleep on the toilet." - Elvis Presley

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 21:11:42 Reply

I wasn't "beaten" exactly. I was slapped and spanked at a young age though. According to my parents they started disciplining me like that when I was like a year old.

I didn't ever act up like that. Only time I remember being spanked was when I accidentally flooded the bathroom at like age 10.

VJF
VJF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Movie Buff
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 21:15:36 Reply

I remeber bein tossed into walls, bein "spanked" with a board (there is no "spanking" with one of those; it's a beating pure and simple especially when they have holes in the board so it hurts more), hit with a belt across the back and shoulders, mother smacking me in the face (alot of times SERIOUSLY for no reason; she was bipolar with a lot of other mental issues), and other smaller incidences not worth mentionin. So, yeah I remember a lot of beatings from the "good ole days". THey were raised that way so why not beat your own kids.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 21:48:45 Reply

I've not been beaten before. I don't think I've been spanked, as far as my memory serves me.

At 2 hours ago, Spiderwebbie wrote: I only remember 2 times I was hit... in first grade when they used to send ya too the "office" and you had to bend over for the big wooden paddle

hehehe

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
ZeldaFreak701
ZeldaFreak701
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-12 22:35:16 Reply

Okay so you're asking if we were disciplined as children. Which is yes. Though not enough for my brother because he's total jackass.

PSN ID: Zeldafreak701 | Gamertag: Zeldafreak701 | 3DS friend code: 0301-9780-8157
You shouldn't have done that....
Sig by BlueHippo <3

BBS Signature
Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-13 15:41:43 Reply

Rereading all the replies makes it seem like I was abused in comparison.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-13 15:48:23 Reply

If you're kids do something wrong, beat the living crap out of them and they won't do it again. Best parenting ever tip ever.

Were You Beaten?

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-13 17:17:42 Reply

At 18 hours ago, ZeldaFreak701 wrote: Okay so you're asking if we were disciplined as children.

Spanking and "30 lashes" are discipline, but violent rage against children who offended you is not.

Thedark
Thedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Were You Beaten? 2012-03-13 19:42:48 Reply

they used to tell me to go to my room

Newest interview with Squidbit Cheeeeeeeck it out
You give up your freedom for the safety that the government promises you ~ Confucianism
Sig by Asandir

BBS Signature