New Topic Respond to this Topic
otakucore
otakucore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Remix request: "Crying" 80s style 2012-03-09 10:05:33 Reply

I'm editing a short film based on Ulli's Roy Orbison in Cling-film Stories, which features a parody version of "Crying" by Roy Orbison.

For the score, I'd like to use a minimalist techno remix of "Crying" in the style of early 80s electronica. My problem is I have no talent for music and don't know anyone who specializes in remixes or techno, especially not old style techno.

I have a licensed instrumental track you can use, if needed. MIDI files might actually be better.

Most of the music in the portal is too cool and modern for my needs; I want something like the Nihlist techno from The Big Lebowski or "Mini Van Highway" from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, like 8-bit music only with 80s style synths instead of 8-bit sounds. I want something that sounds like it was arranged with a Casio keyboard and a keytar.

Message me if you want the instrumental track to work with. Also message me if you take on this request, as that would be awesome. Thanks.

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Remix request: "Crying" 80s style 2012-03-10 17:49:20 Reply

At 1 day ago, otakucore wrote: For the score, I'd like to use a minimalist techno remix of "Crying" in the style of early 80s electronica. My problem is I have no talent for music and don't know anyone who specializes in remixes or techno, especially not old style techno.
Most of the music in the portal is too cool and modern for my needs; I want something like the Nihlist techno from The Big Lebowski or "Mini Van Highway" from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, like 8-bit music only with 80s style synths instead of 8-bit sounds. I want something that sounds like it was arranged with a Casio keyboard and a keytar.

Wait, so you want an instrumental classical/detroit (80's) style techno track of Crying by Roy Orbison with no words?
Just to be clear.

BBS Signature