New Topic Respond to this Topic
a21
a21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Hearing music while sleeping Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 11:34 AM Reply

Recently I have been hearing music while sleeping, it sounds so real like I have headphones on or the radio is playing, I never hear vocals though, its always instrumental.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

HolyKonni
HolyKonni
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Hearing music while sleeping Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 12:07 PM Reply

At 32 minutes ago, a21 wrote: Recently I have been hearing music while sleeping, it sounds so real like I have headphones on or the radio is playing, I never hear vocals though, its always instrumental.

Wow. How very strange.

BBS Signature
UnholySeer
UnholySeer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Hearing music while sleeping Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 12:39 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, a21 wrote: Recently I have been hearing music while sleeping, it sounds so real like I have headphones on or the radio is playing, I never hear vocals though, its always instrumental.

I once dreamed of a beautiful symphony, which sounded so distant but incredibly familiar and uplifting. I do not quite remember the circumstances, but I know I was in a blank world where I could hear this music, echoing in my ears. I tried to reproduce it once awakened, but I failed. It was a meaningful experience, however, I was blind back then and could not see the message behind it all.

Unholy Sounds by an Unholy Seer
"It is time to understand the present, before worrying about the future."

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Hearing music while sleeping Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, a21 wrote: Recently I have been hearing music while sleeping, it sounds so real like I have headphones on or the radio is playing, I never hear vocals though, its always instrumental.

I have dream that has musical events sometime too.

Mostly classical even I listen to metals more than classical. Some were stuff that I listened a feel days before. But some were totally new and I'm sure I never have listened in my life. Guess my brain does function to compose music while at sleep too. If I learn how to control a dream (lucid dreaming) then I shall be a maestro in the future!! Writing music while sleeping!

Personally I don't think this is a weird phenomena. It's just too normal.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Hearing music while sleeping Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 01:55 PM Reply

I have musical dreams all the time, but I usually don't remember how the song goes.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Hearing music while sleeping Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 02:50 PM Reply

If I fall asleep while listening to music and do not take my headphones off I usually wake up feeling like shit the next day.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Hearing music while sleeping Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Braiton wrote: If I fall asleep while listening to music and do not take my headphones off I usually wake up feeling like shit the next day.

THIS !!! This is really dangerous. Really.
Damage on ears are permanent.
Each time you fall asleep with headphones you can not control the volume. This leads to ear fatigue and maybe loss of several decibels, mainly from high frequency. This is how you can become a really bad sound engineer.

JaconWes
JaconWes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Hearing music while sleeping Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 07:17 PM Reply

Can't say I have, as I go to bed while listening to music. I tend to listen to instrumental stuff. As in, soundtracks and symphonies. Lately I listen to the soundtracks from the Total War games. Gotta love that spine-tingling male choir in Medieval II.

Darren-M
Darren-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Hearing music while sleeping Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 02:46 AM Reply

every now and then i will put music together in my head and fade away into sleep and the music usually builds like the way i put music together on a computer. sometimes the songs are really elaborate and advanced and i never remember how they went when i wake up