• 30 Replies
MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 01:55 PM

Hey there, this is the first time I'll be asking musicians to create music for my projects so I don't know how to do this. Either way, I'm hoping that some of you out there might be interested in creating a theme song for a Gears of War 3 (hopefully successful) Machinima series I created based on a squad of soldiers who deal with military missions and shenanigans.

Later on, I will be planning an animation that will extend to another series, so I need a theme that'll represent both of them.

Anyway, besides that, here's something how I want the theme to sound like. However, I'm not very specific when it comes to this, so be creative and come up with something that'll follow along with:

-An action/adventure vibe
-Some rock mixed with hip-hop beats

And I guess that would be it. Send your auditions in my e-mail address (myfantasiworld@aol.com), or if you have a track you created and might fit with the series, just post a link in the comments or at my inbox.

Thanks, and hope to see what you guys send. =)

-Stephanie G., aka MyFantasiWorld

Need Music For Gow3 Machinima

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 05:31 PM

GoW3 and Machinima I'm super intrested and plus right now I was looking for something to compose. I want to know how long it should be or if I send you a whole song and then cut it as you want. I am going to work really hard on this one because it would be a honor to do this!!

MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 05:54 PM

At 17 minutes ago, TR0KY wrote: GoW3 and Machinima I'm super intrested and plus right now I was looking for something to compose. I want to know how long it should be or if I send you a whole song and then cut it as you want. I am going to work really hard on this one because it would be a honor to do this!!

You can send it however long you want it. I'm pretty sure I'll cut into bits and such, because I'm not ready to have a lot of compositions throughout the episodes. I will probably plan that later in the animated series or maybe in the future episodes, but for now a theme will do.

That's great to hear, hope to see what you make. =)

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 09:47 PM

You can send it however long you want it. I'm pretty sure I'll cut into bits and such, because I'm not ready to have a lot of compositions throughout the episode.

That's great to hear, hope to see what you make. =)

Ok I already started with ideas and chords I hope I will have it done in a short time
Ohhh sorry for my english!

Pulsar013
Pulsar013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

So if it sounds sort of like the real MGS series would that also be cool?

Enter the Trance - Lets listen to some progressive shall we?

BBS Signature
MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

At 49 minutes ago, TR0KY wrote: Ok I already started with ideas and chords I hope I will have it done in a short time
Ohhh sorry for my english!

Awesome, can't wait. It's alright, you got your english right. =)

MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 10:40 PM

At 7 minutes ago, Pulsar013 wrote: So if it sounds sort of like the real MGS series would that also be cool?

Well, if you want to make it sound like MGS, people would end up trying to compare it with it. So no, I would appreciate it if it's entirely original.

Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 12:38 AM

I don't have time to make any new tracks but here are some of mine in case you'll find any useful ones...

• Sanctuary
    Sanctuary by Supersteph54

A full-blown orchestral song for the MAC competition. (4:01)

Score
    4.52 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity
  • Unwavering Assault
    Unwavering Assault by Supersteph54

A rock/orchestral remix of three different Metroid tunes put together into one. (4:35)

Score
    4.44 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    General Rock
    Popularity
  • -A New World-
    -A New World- by Supersteph54

A pop song with a unique (read: odd) mix of various moods. Very proud of this one! (4:13)

Score
    4.36 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Pop
    Popularity
  • Midnight Shadows
    Midnight Shadows by Supersteph54

An old yet rather cinematic trailerscore piece of mine. Not finished... (2:10)

Score
    4.41 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity
  • Journey to the Afterlife
    Journey to the Afterlife by Supersteph54

A remix of SBB's song "Shadow People", with new melodies and orchestration. (3:00)

Score
    4.39 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

At 12 hours ago, Supersteph54 wrote: I don't have time to make any new tracks but here are some of mine in case you'll find any useful ones...
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/469873
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/455700
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/451318
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/412811
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/408710

Very nice music, but too bad you can't make new music. You probably would've been great to compose some orchestral pieces for the other series (animated) when I start on that one. However, thanks for sharing but I'll see what the others are going to make before I choose. =)

Anthouse21
Anthouse21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 02:27 PM

I will be making a hip hop version of one of the songs in GOW3 is that cool??

MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 02:29 PM

At 1 minute ago, Anthouse21 wrote: I will be making a hip hop version of one of the songs in GOW3 is that cool??

I don't know, I'm still deciding whether to have a theme that sounds like Gears of War or not. I dunno, show me what you got and I'll see if I'll make up my mind till then.

Anthouse21
Anthouse21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 02:35 PM

At 5 minutes ago, MyFantasiWorld wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Anthouse21 wrote: I will be making a hip hop version of one of the songs in GOW3 is that cool??
I don't know, I'm still deciding whether to have a theme that sounds like Gears of War or not. I dunno, show me what you got and I'll see if I'll make up my mind till then.

Wait do you want something with the GOW theme or something just plain original?

Anthouse21
Anthouse21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 02:43 PM

^^^My bad i read that wrong... ill upload a sample in a lil bit i been working on something since i seen your post :)

MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM

At 58 seconds ago, Anthouse21 wrote: ^^^My bad i read that wrong... ill upload a sample in a lil bit i been working on something since i seen your post :)

lol alright.

Anthouse21
Anthouse21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 03:39 PM

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/474965?updated=1

Let me know what you think..

MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 03:43 PM

At 3 minutes ago, Anthouse21 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/474965?updated=1

Very nice, I like the beats you implemented in the theme. However, it sounds too quiet and calm for the theme I'm looking for. I need it to sound action-packed with lively hip-hop beats. It's kinda like a going-on-an-adventure type of theme.

Thanks, though, this is nice.

Anthouse21
Anthouse21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 03:54 PM

At 10 minutes ago, MyFantasiWorld wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, Anthouse21 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/474965?updated=1

Very nice, I like the beats you implemented in the theme. However, it sounds too quiet and calm for the theme I'm looking for. I need it to sound action-packed with lively hip-hop beats. It's kinda like a going-on-an-adventure type of theme.

Thanks, though, this is nice.

Well thanks lol, this is an original track i made the other day... http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/474593

MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 04:08 PM

At 12 minutes ago, Anthouse21 wrote:
Well thanks lol, this is an original track i made the other day... http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/474593

Very nice, but a too bit game-y and techno.

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 10th, 2012 @ 09:29 AM

I already started making the song but I would like yo show you my progress just to make sure I am going on the right direction. I am making a pretty emotional piece so that's why wanted to show you because I am not sure if you want something more metal or more hip hop. Of course is not finish so there still a lot too correct but if you want make to make another I will do it.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/475548?updated=1

MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 10th, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

At 1 hour ago, TR0KY wrote: I already started making the song but I would like yo show you my progress just to make sure I am going on the right direction. I am making a pretty emotional piece so that's why wanted to show you because I am not sure if you want something more metal or more hip hop. Of course is not finish so there still a lot too correct but if you want make to make another I will do it.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/475548?updated=1

Very lovely, though, I'm not looking for anything emotional. I'm really sorry, but if it's no bother with you can you make another one? I would like it if you keep the hip-hop and metal together. I want it to have beats but also a solo electric guitar playing action-packed and such. But make is sound adventurous.

Well, if it's any help for you, I was gonna originally use BERSERKYD's track called "Kick Ass 101". I want a theme that has a rock and rock type of theme, but I'm also looking for the hip hop flow to it. Here's the track if you want to listen: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/317628

Don't try to copy from it, be original and creative like what you just did with the one you made. Thanks and hope I'm not being to strict on ya. :P

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 10th, 2012 @ 04:26 PM

Well, if it's any help for you, I was gonna originally use BERSERKYD's track called "Kick Ass 101". I want a theme that has a rock and rock type of theme, but I'm also looking for the hip hop flow to it. Here's the track if you want to listen: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/317628

Ohhhhh now we are talking Im going to start making it right now!

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

I finished another short song more metal I hope it is what you're looking for. I add some effects so it would have a vintage feeling if you don't like how it sound and you would like something a more modern sound just tell me and I will fix it in no time. Don't worry I know that the intro is slow but once the drum starts it is way more fast.

• Rip it Off!
    Rip it Off! by TR0KY

Short song that I made for request

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity

MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 01:00 PM

At 35 minutes ago, TR0KY wrote: I finished another short song more metal I hope it is what you're looking for. I add some effects so it would have a vintage feeling if you don't like how it sound and you would like something a more modern sound just tell me and I will fix it in no time. Don't worry I know that the intro is slow but once the drum starts it is way more fast.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/475775

Very nice, I like it, but the guitars seem quiet and its heavy with the beats. Let's see your modern one. =)

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 02:31 PM

Yup I am done, I personally prefer the modern one XD

MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 03:16 PM

At 44 minutes ago, TR0KY wrote: Yup I am done, I personally prefer the modern one XD
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/544118

Huh, for some reason it's not letting me view it. It's says I don't have permission to listen to it.

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM

Thats weird try now

• Rip it Off! [Modern]
    Rip it Off! [Modern] by TR0KY

This is the version without effects of Rip it Off!

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity

MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 08:56 PM

At 1 hour ago, TR0KY wrote: Thats weird try now
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/476038

Alright, and I like the guitar part the best. I think this will do. However, I'm gonna be comparing the three tracks I just got from the others, so let's see who gets to be the theme. I will notify you if you've got it. Otherwise, I might use for other purposes, if you don't mind.

Thanks for trying out and good luck. =)

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 09:10 PM

Alright, and I like the guitar part the best. I think this will do. However, I'm gonna be comparing the three tracks I just got from the others, so let's see who gets to be the theme. I will notify you if you've got it. Otherwise, I might use for other purposes, if you don't mind.

OK, thanks for the opportunity :D

MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 11:37 PM

At 2 hours ago, TR0KY wrote:
OK, thanks for the opportunity :D

Welcome. =)

MyFantasiWorld
MyFantasiWorld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Need Music For Gow3 Machinima Jul. 2nd, 2013 @ 11:38 PM

This thread will not be needed anymore. I will make a new one for the official one I'm making.