New Topic Respond to this Topic
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:43 PM Reply

I doubt this topic will be large, but I'm sure there are people flirting with joining the US army. I'm still in TRADOC and willing to answer any questions regarding it.
I'm a 35F(Intel Analyst) and willing to share anything that isn't secretive government information, so don't ask.

Be Billy's FriendlBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin l PSN: Opackersfan

Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:44 PM Reply

Does that MOS sound as boring as I think it does?

Nickisabi
Nickisabi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:46 PM Reply

What were you thinking joining the army to fight in a different country for the ideals of another?

If you disagree with my opinion, you're wrong. I'm sorry you have to hear that...

BBS Signature
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, Ryan wrote: Does that MOS sound as boring as I think it does?

Oh yeah.

The fact I have a top secret security clearance is pretty cool, but a lot of what we do is Power Point. I saw a demotivational poster that ended saying "This is what I actually do" with a Power Point box in it. I can't find it, but, yeah, that exciting.

Be Billy's FriendlBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin l PSN: Opackersfan

P0sitivity
P0sitivity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:52 PM Reply

I wrote this for you

vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:56 PM Reply

At 7 minutes ago, AndreovichZhivago wrote: What were you thinking joining the army to fight in a different country for the ideals of another?

I joined to serve. I still have a sense of honor. I believe every man should serve his country. No lie, I am opposed to this war, but I know what I signed up for and will fight in it if I have to. I am in the National Guard, but probably deploying when I get back to Peoria(Illinois). So, I most likely will fight in Afghanistan and I am okay with that and anything that entails.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:57 PM Reply

What do I do if I'm sexually assaulted by a superior officer?

Skaren
Skaren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:58 PM Reply

Do you feel that your personality has changed a lot after going through basics? If you did go through basics, I'm pretty much functionally retarded when it comes to certain military things.

Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 12:02 AM Reply

At 1 minute ago, vannila-guerilla wrote: I saw a demotivational poster that ended saying "This is what I actually do" with a Power Point box in it. I can't find it, but, yeah, that exciting.

lmao, oh wow.

Hope you have fun then. and be sure to share some stories in the thread if you feel up for it too.

LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 12:03 AM Reply

At 20 minutes ago, vannila-guerilla wrote: I doubt this topic will be large, but I'm sure there are people flirting with joining the US army. I'm still in TRADOC and willing to answer any questions regarding it.

So where is the secret base full of nuc....

I'm a 35F(Intel Analyst) and willing to share anything that isn't secretive government information, so don't ask.

Nevermind.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 6 minutes ago, bgraybr wrote: What do I do if I'm sexually assaulted by a superior officer?

Go through your chain of command and file a report. This is taken very seriously and any offender can and will be prosecuted. True story: While in basic one of the drill sergeants had sex with three of the female soldiers(don't let movies fool you, most drill sergeants are very young and this one was 29) and was put in prison for it. It was considered sexual assault for the obvious reason that being secluded like that makes them more susceptible to doing things they normally wouldn't.

At 5 minutes ago, Skaren wrote: Do you feel that your personality has changed a lot after going through basics? If you did go through basics, I'm pretty much functionally retarded when it comes to certain military things.

Nah. Basic wasn't that bad. I'm still doing training, but this is AIT. A different ball game all together. Basically it's army college. I still act the same, and it changes few people. Going to war can change you, but basic won't.

At 3 minutes ago, Ryan wrote:
At 1 minute ago, vannila-guerilla wrote: I saw a demotivational poster that ended saying "This is what I actually do" with a Power Point box in it. I can't find it, but, yeah, that exciting.
lmao, oh wow.

Hope you have fun then. and be sure to share some stories in the thread if you feel up for it too.

Yes, it's very true. If I think of any good ones I will share.

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 12:11 AM Reply

Are there plans to nuke Canada yet?

psychopathy
psychopathy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 12:12 AM Reply

do you think that the secret government info that you have or will soon have access to will change your perspective with regard to the u.s. government/military and global politics

also do you work with the CIA in any way?

vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 12:19 AM Reply

At 5 minutes ago, psychopathy wrote: do you think that the secret government info that you have or will soon have access to will change your perspective with regard to the u.s. government/military and global politics

also do you work with the CIA in any way?

I can't answer the first question. I can not actually tell you anything I knnow or hint it on.

The CIA does work with the military, but not me personally. For the record this is unclassified and you can find it on Wikipedia or whereever. I can answer that.

There is also the DIA, and I could actually join either with my security clearance.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 02:08 AM Reply

How does it feel being a waste of our money and contributing to the biggest factor of our debt?

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 12 hours ago, RacistBassist wrote: How does it feel being a waste of our money and contributing to the biggest factor of our debt?

An army is never a waste of money or biggest factor of a debt. You clearly know nothing about the military or how the budget works.

Also, be antiwar all you want, that's fine, but don't disrespect soldiers of any kind. It's pathetic and ignorant.

fuzzum111
fuzzum111
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 03:08 PM Reply

In all honesty, do you guys care if someone is gay? So long as they aren't trying to 'convert' anyone, and if they happen to find a partner, do you guys acutally give two fucks? or is the whole gay in the army thing, blown WAY out of proportion?

My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11
If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, fuzzum111 wrote: In all honesty, do you guys care if someone is gay? So long as they aren't trying to 'convert' anyone, and if they happen to find a partner, do you guys acutally give two fucks? or is the whole gay in the army thing, blown WAY out of proportion?

Blown out of proportion. Most people in the army have never cared about someone being gay, but it was easy at one point.

Phantox
Phantox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 03:16 PM Reply

How do you enjoy being Israel's puppet?

Ask an IET soldier anything

I'm not racist, sexist, or hateful. I'm just factual.
Ron Paul 2012
|Free Hentai|

BBS Signature
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 03:19 PM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, Phantox wrote: How do you enjoy being Israel's puppet?

I'm not an Israeli puppet for 1, 2 that picture doesn't make sense because soldiers actually work and welfare would imply they don't.

Quit being a conspiracy theorist.

Phantox
Phantox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, vannila-guerilla wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, Phantox wrote: How do you enjoy being Israel's puppet?
I'm not an Israeli puppet for 1, 2 that picture doesn't make sense because soldiers actually work and welfare would imply they don't.

Quit being a conspiracy theorist.

It's not a conspiracy; it's fact. America is doing everything Israel wants. If they were to tell us to attack Iran right now, we would.

It is welfare. you get free everything (even medicare which most people oppose). And all for what? Killing "terrorists" and "protecting" freedoms? Bullshit. I can be arrested and held for life without a trial. The government is listening to my phone calls (before you cry out "CONSIRUZYYY!!", see: 'patriot' act) Do you call that freedom?

I'm not racist, sexist, or hateful. I'm just factual.
Ron Paul 2012
|Free Hentai|

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 04:28 PM Reply

...and then this thread became exactly what I thought it would.

KennyD
KennyD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 9 minutes ago, Ryan wrote: ...and then this thread became exactly what I thought it would.

They're all haters.

Also Marines are better.

KennyD
KennyD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 04:42 PM Reply

Or this.

MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 04:44 PM Reply

Dude. Do you, like, shower with other men?

When it's only gay if you make eye contact.
Drake
Drake
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Audiophile
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 15 minutes ago, Ryan wrote: ...and then this thread became exactly what I thought it would.

Yes. Quite disappointing since half of the active userbase is against our military.

Alexander
Alexander
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 04:50 PM Reply

That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard.
I bet you wear a tin-foil hat, too.

At 1 hour ago, Phantox wrote: Do you call that freedom?

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 04:53 PM Reply

I do believe the military exists for a very noble and proud purpose.To defend those who cant defend themselves.I also think we the US have made tragic mistakes, and created horrible messes in other lands.But not all soldiers are psychopathic rapists and murderers.War causes people to....not be rational sometimes.This is the case with every military.

SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 04:58 PM Reply

I have some respect for soldiers who genuinely think they're in Afghanistan to preserve our freedoms, you however say you are against this war so how can you reconcile the hypocrisy of being against it and yet part of the problem?

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Ask an IET soldier anything Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 05:00 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, SnoopyChicken wrote: I have some respect for soldiers who genuinely think they're in Afghanistan to preserve our freedoms, you however say you are against this war so how can you reconcile the hypocrisy of being against it and yet part of the problem?

I like this question, to bad he's not online...

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature