00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day and Monthly Voting

39,802 Views | 74 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-04 12:30:29

At 2 days ago, TomFulp wrote: Today is March 1st, the first Monthly Voting Time since the redesign launch!

The link for monthly voting is on your account page although we do plan to make it more prominent. Check and see if you're invited! The top 10,000 active users from February have access to vote. Read LilJim's post for more info about the new page!

Check out the winners of the Orchestral Audio Contest!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470691
Here are the top three, listed 1st-3rd.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/469967
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470537
Speaking of music, KingBastard has released a new album. He also made a post about it here on NG. Also congrats to KingBastard for winning the OraMIX remix competition! It was judged by Brian Eno, DJ Spooky and The Wire (magazine). Here is his entry.

Pico Day is April 28th! Notice: We will still award winners this year but will be taking a break from cash prizes. NG will attempt to sponsor a few submissions though so you can link me to your project preview in advance of Pico Day. The project system allows you to set up your submission, co-authors and API in advance of the event!

Pico Day has traditionally been a celebration of classic NG characters such as these:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/310349
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/322150
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/254456
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/59593
This year we were thinking it would be fun to open the invite to include tributes and spoofs of ALL characters that have appeared on NG over the years. Just remember we have Madness Day in September so you should save your epic Madness stuff for that. What does everyone think of that idea? If you want to run with it, it would be best to get the blessing of the author you wish to pay homage to, especially if it's not a straight-up parody work. Let me know your thoughts.

Today, fires123450 said:

Let's face it:

Today is March 4th and this is my 2nd day today.

Anyway, I contract TomFulp said Newgrounds' Birthday is on today.

So I promise.
Sorry, can you tell me when is your birthday (remember, MM/DD/YY)?

My Birthday: July 31, 2003

Vist my own user web:

http://fires123450.newgrounds.com/

Thank you, TomFulp.

-fires123450

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-04 21:07:07

today in this year newgrounds is changed.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-04 22:05:46

NEW EPISODE DAY?!?!?!
Today we visit the weeble, animating his beloved toast king, on the moon!

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-05 07:13:39

What is pico day ?

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-05 12:55:59

At 5 hours ago, killer654 wrote: What is pico day ?

*facepalm*

Hello.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-05 15:50:39

At 3 days ago, TomFulp wrote: Today is March 1st, the first Monthly Voting Time since the redesign launch!

cool cant wait

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-06 01:19:18

At 4 days ago, TomFulp wrote:

:: Let me know your thoughts.

Still wondering on our whistles, where are they?

On one webpage you have mail shown, the next page, nothing; same with posts on the BBS - there is a definite problem with the way information is refreshed and displayed. It's like a groundhog popping in and out of his hole...

Also could you possibly have the Mods (or your staff) contribute to the wiki help files? I'm thinking with regard to the voting systems, reviews and whistle etiquette (big one, that) A lot of new members just joined and it would be nice to say, "Check the site's wiki help page" Add to that, the changes to what happens in the respective portals when you submit the previously mentioned data.

It's a sore subject, but the Riff-Raff listings... I've gotten 2 spam PM's from accounts made here after the redesign... it took 10 years for me to get that many!
Or would it be better for (everything by) everyone just to pony up some Art, Flash or Audio to be noticed blog-wise? I don't want new members coming in without being seen by the better angels our blogging community. Not everyone is comfortable jumping into threads, as I've seen and been myself. I'm no Mod, but I like to ride the "Welcome Wagon" (ask your folks, they might remember). You, yourself had recently greeted a new Gold account member, from the Riff-Raff column, before the redesign. Couldn't believe it myself... lucky noob.

I've more questions and quibbles, but to conclude, would it be possible to have ad sharing revenue for the rest of the sites submissions? The Art and Audio Portals could benefit from the same system the Flash artists now receive. I'm too friggin' poor to help these noble contributors :( If a couple of mouse clicks can save their ass I'll do it. Just like I did all those years ago, when it was just you and yours in that second apartment.

Thanks for staying the distance and granting us liberty - it's been a fun ride through tough times.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-06 16:48:38

At 15 hours ago, VicariousE wrote: Still wondering on our whistles, where are they?
Also could you possibly have the Mods (or your staff) contribute to the wiki help files? I'm thinking with regard to the
It's a sore subject, but the Riff-Raff listings... I've gotten 2 spam PM's from accounts made here after the redesign... it took
I've more questions and quibbles, but to conclude, would it be possible to have ad sharing revenue for the rest of the sites submissions? The Art and Audio Portals could benefit from the same system the Flash artists now receive. I'm too friggin'

Whistles are still coming. Wiki is due for some updating too as all this stuff keeps evolving. We're still working on some stuff to keep the Riff Raff out of search indexing so when that is working they may possibly return to the listing. As for the ad stuff, the ad system does extend to art and audio, although a lot of the submissions work in low volume but every bit helps.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-07 01:04:56

The new voting style pleases me.

You cannot believe your way to the truth.

You have to go find it.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-07 20:14:25

im gonna make my first submission to NG for this i hope mwhahahahahaha! it will be a riddle school post

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-07 20:46:39

At 1 day ago, TomFulp wrote:
At 15 hours ago, VicariousE wrote: Still wondering on our whistles, where are they?
Also could you possibly have the Mods (or your staff) contribute to the wiki help files? I'm thinking with regard to the
It's a sore subject, but the Riff-Raff listings... I've gotten 2 spam PM's from accounts made here after the redesign... it took
I've more questions and quibbles, but to conclude, would it be possible to have ad sharing revenue for the rest of the sites submissions? The Art and Audio Portals could benefit from the same system the Flash artists now receive. I'm too friggin'
Whistles are still coming. Wiki is due for some updating too as all this stuff keeps evolving. We're still working on some stuff to keep the Riff Raff out of search indexing so when that is working they may possibly return to the listing. As for the ad stuff, the ad system does extend to art and audio, although a lot of the submissions work in low volume but every bit helps.

Best news I've ever heard about the Riff Raff coming back.

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-08 02:44:17

At 5 hours ago, Eltro2kneo wrote: Best news I've ever heard about the Riff Raff coming back.

Guess I'll have to settle for a definite maybe, which better than "no".
Still wish there were more "sort-by" tag searches in the site.
Guess pop-up descriptions are being spread throughout....
I just hope the stage is set for more user functionality (backgrounds, colors, themes, level icons).
Looking forward to more info on whistles, reviews (with regard to exp.), as well as other elucidations...
Thanks for getting back to me Mr. Fulp

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-08 18:35:13

At 15 hours ago, VicariousE wrote:
At 5 hours ago, Eltro2kneo wrote: Best news I've ever heard about the Riff Raff coming back.
Guess I'll have to settle for a definite maybe, which better than "no".
Still wish there were more "sort-by" tag searches in the site.
Guess pop-up descriptions are being spread throughout....
I just hope the stage is set for more user functionality (backgrounds, colors, themes, level icons).
Looking forward to more info on whistles, reviews (with regard to exp.), as well as other elucidations...
Thanks for getting back to me Mr. Fulp

I prefer having the Riff Raff back regardless of the circumstances. Imagine if you weren't allowed to make a new thread simply because you didn't upload anything to the site, it becomes a big problem for non-artists to share their voices.

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-04-15 03:40:57

At 3/1/12 05:42 PM, Travis wrote: This is going to be a fun Pico Day to watch.

Good luck everyone and make some funny stuff.

Especially since it's one day after my birthday.

IGNIKI

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-04-26 12:18:15

i bet that pico day is going to be epik!!!!!