Physics platformer with time-portals. One place - two times and different level geometry.3.97 / 5.00 10,257 Views
Help Chase find new love3.92 / 5.00 6,547 Views
Defend an arctic base on the frozen moon of Jupiter3.66 / 5.00 4,078 Views
Monthly Audio Contest 2012 - March / April METAL theme.
- Thrashing solos, whiplash inducing breakdowns, double kicking insanity. From Metal-core to Death Metal and everything in-between, metal is aggression, passion, and stress relief all in the format of beautiful chaotic harmony.
- The primary focus of this contest will be on pieces of music comprised primarily of instruments that are used in a Metal setting.
- Synthetic instruments may be used for those without a real guitar or drums (Or any other instruments you may find in Metal), however, should you choose to do so, please try your best to keep the instruments within a believable range that you would hear in a Metal song.
- You may use orchestral/synthetic instruments in your song (if you choose to use influences from other genres in your track); however, the majority of your submission must focus on traditional metal instruments: guitars, bass, drums, and, if desired, vocals. Non-metal intros and outros (for example, an orchestral introduction) are permitted. Submissions that focus too heavily on non-metal instruments may be disqualified at the discretion of the judges.
- No "Metal Ballads", this competition is focused on the aggressive side of metal. Although while you may not be allowed to create an entirely soft metal song, you are allowed to have a soft section in the song. Just be sure it doesn't extend too long. Keep in mind the above rules still apply to the soft section as well, should you choose to use any orchestral/electronic instruments, they may never take the spotlight. This means if you choose to have a soft section in the song, the guitars, drums, and/or vocals must remain the main focus.
- No single instrument submissions will be accepted, if you are to participate, create a full metal song. The bare minimum is at least 2 guitars (Electric and Bass) and drums. If you wish to add more, such as vocals, more guitars, or orchestral/electronic instruments (But be sure to adhere to the rules above about these), that's up to you.
- Songs can be a maximum of 5 minutes. However, slightly longer songs may be taken into consideration and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. There will be no minimum time limit, but please, use your objectivity and common sense... "Does this track constitute a complete full-length song?"
- Collabs are not allowed at this time. Collaborative linking has not been implemented into the audio portal at this time, so it would be difficult to award prizes to a collab winner, for example.
- No copyrighted samples. This is rather obvious and self-explanatory. Be sure to also check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the Newgrounds Audio Portal.
- Voices can be used, provided that:
a) It is not sampled from copyrighted recordings.
b) It is 100% your own recording and creation.
c) You can ask another artist or group to provide vocals, as long as all material is newly created for your submission, and you provide the details of the vocalist(s), who they are.
- Submissions must not contain material offensive in nature.
- No covers. All melodies contained in your submission must be composed ENTIRELY by yourself.
- Songs must be NEWLY COMPOSED and created for this competition.
- Each competitor can submit only ONE song for this contest.
- Please submit your entry using your regular account, not an ALT.
- Have fun! Lots and LOTS and of fun!!!
From now until Friday April 20th 11:59 PM EST:
Submissions will be accepted
Saturday, April 28th (Pico Day):
The Top 4 winners will be announced.
1st Place: 50 USD Newgrounds Store credit & 25 vintage newgrounds stickers.
2nd Place: 40 USD Newgrounds Store credit & 25 vintage newgrounds stickers.
3rd Place: 30 USD Newgrounds Store credit & 25 vintage newgrounds stickers.
4th Place: 25 vintage newgrounds stickers.
- In addition, the Top 4 winners will be featured on the Newgrounds frontpage for a week and also receive MAC12 Winners' signatures.
TomFulp - Overlord and master. Also dispenses prizes.
WadeFulp - In charge of the flashlights.
Luis - Consumer of alcohol and drew the wonderful artwork above.
Bad-Man-Incorporated - Judge and super metalhead.
jarrydn - Judging your 32nd notes.
Rig - Bribed with Sandvich to judge.
Back-From-Purgatory - Was air-guitaring in the bathroom stall.
BrokenDeck - Dragged him out of the alleyway to judge again.
JebbaL - Provider of signatures.
Rucklo - Responsible for screaming sound effects (still likes Mudkips).
MAC12 - Jan/Feb Orchestral
MAC9 - March KID-SONG THEME a.k.a. "Who's your daddy?"
MAC9 - Valoltines
MAC8 - Claiming New Grounds
MAC8 - Flight in Freedom
MAC8 - Trembling Madness
MAC8 - Sorrowed Tears
MAC8 - Music to Motion
MAC8 - Pico Punchout!
All discussion and questions regarding the MAC12 Metal go in the MAC12 Mar/Apr Discussion Thread.
Use this thread to post contest submissions only!
In order to get this...
Hello! I would like to enter this MAC! Here is my entry:
You would type in your post:
Entering the MAC with this:
Spewed from the molten abyss comes a work of such size, of such proportion that the throne of Quayin himself trembles in its wake.
Throw thy mouth asunder and into thine gullet shall my seed pour
I know it's not "RIP YOUR FACE OFF METAL"..... but someone has to be in last place in this competition lol.... But hey I hope even if you don't like the sound I bring, at least respect the construction process :) and the melody.
Hi! I would love to enter your MAC (I don't know what that stands for).
Here is my entry, finally got around to submitting it ;)
Hmm I just noticed converting it to MP3 added an extra second onto the track, is that going to be a problem since the limit is 5minutes? I could probably upload a cut version if necessary.
A metal song that musically describes how Dragons are vastly superior to Unicorns.
I finally got around to recording the bassline to finish my song for this contest.
Then I mixed it all together, and remembered that it's metal. So you can't even hear the goddamn bassline I waited so long for anyway. Soooo... this is 2 weeks later than I thought it would be for pretty much no reason. Yay! >.>
Just keep jammin', just keep jammin'...
Hello! I would like to enter this MAC! Here is my entry:
A power/black metal song about epic battles between dragons and men.
Feel free to check out my songs. Mostly Metal stuff
New Song April 2013
At 4/7/12 07:32 PM, RealFaction wrote: What the hell lol I'll enter mine :3
um shit, is it possible to withdraw submissions and replace them? I kinda want to enter this one instead....forget the last one.
Pure thrash right there. Here ya guys go, enjoy! I know it's 30 secs above the limit, but I'm gonna get to fixing that very soon.
"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"