Respond to this Topic
provoko
provoko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 11:36:28 Reply

At 5/12/04 11:08 PM, drew146 wrote: goto http://downhillbattle.org and get some of their stickers, just stop talking and take some FUCKING ACTION!

That's a great website dude, thanks.

BigBaadD
BigBaadD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 12:36:48 Reply

I hate it when bands get all defensive about their music. They should be making music becuase they love it, not so they can rip people off...

Kharbon
Kharbon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 13:47:12 Reply

making cds not playable on PC will only make illigal music downloading more...

i mean, everyone has KaZaA or something similar!

Even i have it.....to download un-copywrited-legal music!

^_^ really!

JSonicC
JSonicC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 14:49:03 Reply

welcome to capitalism :)

Der-Ubermensch
Der-Ubermensch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 15:08:19 Reply

At 5/12/04 11:56 PM, RageOfOrder wrote: Average price for CD's in my town: $28.99 CDN

Damn... buy online from Future Shop/Best Buy.

gem1
gem1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 15:36:51 Reply

When they started playing games with their CD's I quit buying their music. Between their AOL instilation programs and their copyright games, screw them. I have better things to spend my money on. I have enough CD's to listen to. They lost me as a customer a long time ago. I'll never buy another CD.

HailMac
HailMac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 16:14:13 Reply

So congrats Air and Zero Seven, you've lost a fan. I don't care if you are trying to prevent piracy, you are being dipshits about it and I will never buy any of your crap again. As for Beta Ban... Still a fan. Thanks, guys!

Easy there Tom, their just trying to stop their music getting completely devalorised by some guy on his PC who posts them on Kazaa.

HailMac
HailMac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 16:20:28 Reply

At 5/13/04 02:49 PM, JSonicC wrote: welcome to capitalism :)

What?? What does a CD have to do with capitalism? I suggest you learn the meaning of it before posting a BBS. Anyway, it's just so you cheapskates don't download it off the Web for free.

gem1
gem1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 16:50:03 Reply

Cheapskates? Buy a Cd for $20 for 1 or 2 good songs, deal with all the software they force on you if you play it on your computer, they way they make it so you can't put it where you want it or use it how you want it, You can bend over and take it, I ain't into that!

At 5/13/04 04:20 PM, HailMac wrote:
At 5/13/04 02:49 PM, JSonicC wrote: welcome to capitalism :)
What?? What does a CD have to do with capitalism? I suggest you learn the meaning of it before posting a BBS. Anyway, it's just so you cheapskates don't download it off the Web for free.
anon-nymouz
anon-nymouz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 17:04:16 Reply

At 5/11/04 11:38 PM, TomFulp wrote:
....So congrats Air and Zero Seven, you've lost a fan. I don't care if you are trying to prevent piracy, you are being dipshits about it and I will never buy any of your crap again. As for Beta Ban... Still a fan. Thanks, guys!

that has got to suck, a lot......even tho is kinda funny......hahaha lol

Phoenix-Claw
Phoenix-Claw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 17:18:33 Reply

They now have lost many fans, cos im not gona buy the songs either, nor are any other NG fans.

gem1
gem1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 17:24:23 Reply

When I get tired of my music I am going to search out some of the free music new artist are trying to distribute. There is plenty of free music by unknown artist just as good as what the record companies push. They don't want you to know that though. This is their real fear of MP3 downlods. They are afraid you will get hooked on someone besides their singers.

Mud-Clock
Mud-Clock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 17:37:11 Reply

Don't blame the bands for this. BLAME THE PEOPLE WHO COPY OR DOWNLOAD MUSIC! Do you think the recording industry likes getting so much complaints about faulty cd's??? People will only buy less! YOU know that, so don't you think the poeple who make the damn cd's do too? The record industry is making mayor losses, there is no denying that. Maybe the prices for CD's could be lower, but STEALING music isn't the way to reach this.
Pay for your damn cd's, instead of stealing em of the internet.
Oh and tom, don´t bitch about buying a damn cd player. What do those things cost nowadays. Get one from a friend, or family member. If you have to buy one, get one second hand for a few bucks. if you don´t want to pay 10$ (tops for a second hand cd player) maybe yor not worth to listen too the damn music too begin with.

Devil-Kin-Slayer
Devil-Kin-Slayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 19:08:01 Reply

yeah What he^ said

eastbayxhardcore
eastbayxhardcore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 20:31:18 Reply

Personally, I think that if people can download some of the stuff from an album, it gives them a general idea of if they'll like it. Also, lowering the _huge_ take that record labels make from CDs would help. I think file-sharing actually INCREASES profits, because the people then get interested more in the artist/album..

silencerox
silencerox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 22:00:12 Reply

iTunes my man! 10 dollar cds saved rite to ur comp...its awesome

Vulpyro
Vulpyro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 22:34:29 Reply

At 5/13/04 05:37 PM, Mud_Clock wrote: Oh and tom, don´t bitch about buying a damn cd player. What do those things cost nowadays. Get one from a friend, or family member. If you have to buy one, get one second hand for a few bucks. if you don´t want to pay 10$ (tops for a second hand cd player) maybe yor not worth to listen too the damn music too begin with.

Yeah, but what happens when you want to buy a really old CD? Or possibly even a record? Like an old Wham! record? You could spend your whole life looking for it in op-shops and such and so forth. I listen to hundreds of artists, am I supposed to pay $14-$20 for EVERY CD, when there might be only a couple of songs on each CD I want? iTunes r0x! They've got the right idea. So did Mp3.com, but they got shut down for *gasp* being too innovative and forward thinking of the record labels.

And FYI, mp3 compression uses mathematical algorithms to recreate the sound waves, hence why they have a constant bitrate. Windows Audio (*.wma) does the same, but degrades or improves the quality where needed, a high frequency will cause W'sA to use a higher bitrate, and a low frequency (or "audio white-space") will result in a lower or no bitrate. Hence, Windows Audio is the only format that truly cuts out anything inaudible to the human ear. Smaller filesize, but a b1sh for anti-piracy. Just thought you should know :)

Mioki
Mioki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-13 23:08:35 Reply

That sucks really sucks.

LeatherQueen
LeatherQueen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-14 02:11:40 Reply

At 5/13/04 03:06 AM, Hydecka wrote: Stupid Greedy bands, its just music, you act like no one else can sing liike you. Be happy you getting money for your music and stop worrying about people putting it on their pc. Greedy people die alone.

Okay, I'm so sick of this. Wanna talk about greed? How does expecting to get something for nothing sound? Having someone else spend at least thirty studio hours per track working hard at what they're at least somewhat talented at, trying to make a living, only to have some whingey person complain that their work should be free sound a little ingratious of you? A little greedy, maybe?
From my life, just me, it seems about one out of every ten people I know has downloaded either a movie or a CD illegally. And before anyone uses that B.S. arguement, no, I don't know a single person who downloads tracks to "preview a CD" and then actually pays for the CD. Now to put that into an analogy. If you worked at McDonalds and every ten days they just didn't pay you for a whole day, you'd probably be a little pissed wouldn't you? Would that make you greedy for expecting your asshole boss to *gasp* pay you for your time and effort?

LeatherQueen
LeatherQueen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-14 04:45:29 Reply

At 5/13/04 05:37 PM, Mud_Clock wrote: Don't blame the bands for this. BLAME THE PEOPLE WHO COPY OR DOWNLOAD MUSIC! : Pay for your damn cd's, instead of stealing em of the internet.

BINGO! Higher shrink rate equals higher costs! Big principle in retail sales.

Oh and tom, don´t bitch about buying a damn cd player. What do those things cost nowadays. Get one from a friend, or family member. If you have to buy one, get one second hand for a few bucks.

I play my music on a stereo. It appears to be a music playing device, designed for playing music. Amazing...

AloneInTheDark
AloneInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-14 06:51:47 Reply

Please dont blame the bands for the idiotic commercial motives of the record companies. Air is one fuckin cool group

BBS Signature
gem1
gem1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-14 09:42:41 Reply

Well it's too bad the record companies demand how much they get for a cd, that they "EXPECT" people to go out and buy that and pay for it. I don't and never did download mp3's, that is not the majority. I do USE mp3. I convert my music to MP3 so I can put 11 albums on one cd. I put them in a 6g mp3 player so I can listen to a variety of music without having to change cd's every other song. Songs are already free on the airwaves. I don't blamb the bands I blame the record companies. It is well known their concern is not really with downloading their music. The record companies control what is being played on the radio stations but they don't control what is being downloaded on the internet. If people like they music they buy the cd.s
I am a consumer. I did not force them to put the AOL virus or any other programs on their CD. I wish to play them in mp3 format for ther convienence. I don't like their games and I chose not to buy them. I have enough music already.

TYPEYOURNAME
TYPEYOURNAME
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-14 09:54:43 Reply

I read one about taking them to court.....yeah ok 20 bucks for the CD or 1000 bucks in court costs and lawyers fees if any. Plus court sucks your entire day. Why dick around with that. Take it back to the store with reciept and tell them the prob...they may not be able to give money back...only an even exchange. If all else fails put the CD in your microwave for 3 seconds and turn out the lights.....It's wicked cool.

josh-ginsburg
josh-ginsburg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-14 11:41:41 Reply

Y'know you could just buy a Cd player! And about all this greed, Amen a band im hooked on, they wrote 75 songs for the new album , and only put on 15, the rest they're putting on their site over time. They are in it for the passion of musick, NOT for the money and i wish ore bands were like that.

gem1
gem1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-14 11:52:10 Reply

"At 5/14/04 11:41 AM, josh_ginsburg wrote:

Y'know you could just buy a Cd player! "

yes but it's like you said, they put 12 songs on a cd and you have to change CD's every 5 minutes to have any variety. I have MP3 player in my truck and at home. It plays CD's but I have coverted all my cd's to MP3. I pick a dozen albums, burn a cd, after a couple weeks, burn something else. I have 11-12 albums on one cd which gives more variety than a cd changer. If the cd scratches I pitch it and do it again. I plug my 6gig into computer speakers with amps and play music all day long without ever hearing the same song twice. It is amazing how quickly fidiling with cd's with 12 songs gets old. This flexibility is why I paid for the cd in the first place.

Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-14 12:32:56 Reply

and they wonder why we d/l so much..

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... Check my blog. My podcast: The Freakacast!

BBS Signature
HailMac
HailMac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-14 13:21:03 Reply

At 5/13/04 08:31 PM, eastbayxhardcore wrote:

. I think file-sharing actually INCREASES profits, because the people then get interested more in the artist/album..

Yeah, but then they just have to download the rest of the band's music off the Web...

gem1
gem1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-14 13:36:28 Reply

At 5/14/04 01:21 PM, HailMac wrote:
At 5/13/04 08:31 PM, eastbayxhardcore wrote:
. I think file-sharing actually INCREASES profits, because the people then get interested more in the artist/album..

Yeah, but then they just have to download the rest of the band's music off the Web...

1% of the geeks out there shrine on their mp3 downloded music collections. Other people have downloaded a few and said "I want that album" The same thing happends when they play it on the radio for free. The record companies control what the radio stations play (which is why we listen to the same stupid song 10x and hour) but they can't control what is downloaded. Truth be known, they want you to down load their music, what they don't want you to do is download some one elses! They don't say that because it underminds their argument to get it stopped.

Pandapeep
Pandapeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-14 14:37:23 Reply

You know Tom, that might not have been the bands choice? Record Companies can do stuff like that to bands without even asking, so blame the record companies, not the band.

packow
packow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... 2004-05-14 16:01:58 Reply

I dont think that air and Zero accually had a choice in the matter. Its the record companies choice whether to put the "Anti-piracy" things on. At least I think so, correct me if i'm wrong.