Respond to this Topic
DragonSnare
DragonSnare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 05:40 AM Reply

oooorrrr..... just get a file sharing program and download a cd ripping program that doesn't look for protection and rip it that way you don't get that static sound when ever you bump the cord. or since you got the file sharing program just go BAM! look at that MUSIC!

Flash games / Game creation tools

BBS Signature
Slightly-Crazy-Dude
Slightly-Crazy-Dude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 06:17 AM Reply

That is why i dont buy directly from big chain superstores anymore, ive lost most of my fave music due to these new piracy laws, fuck them, i'll syick with my classic old tunes anyday.

Static-X-1
Static-X-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 06:21 AM Reply

The whole music corporation is just to "stick-in-ass" lately about piracy....
It sucks when you dont have anything that plays CDs except for your comp.
:(
It just sucks....

gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 06:36 AM Reply

At 5/12/04 12:01 AM, DJ_Hewi wrote: Fuck the RIAA

damn straight.

and music stores.

Hooooold on a second. Why fuck music stores?

I only support bands the not only make good music, but hate the RIAA for all thier stupid shit. I say, return the CDs, write a letter to the BBB, and send the RIAA 1 billion AOL cds and tell them to cram it up thier asses.

Not a bad idea. But... your anti-music-store attitude is still confusing and disturbing. I'm going to assume you share similar opinions to this guy:

At 5/12/04 12:04 AM, Obsidian2333 wrote: WE need to burn the record stores prices for cd's are out of control

Prices are out of control, but you can blame a mix of the record LABELS for their huge take of the profits and internet CD/mp3 stores for undercutting their prices.

Some might also blame file sharing, but as someone who uses file sharing mostly to get friends into new music or to sample new music that friends' recommend, file sharing tends to make me want to buy actual CDs from brick-and-mortar stores more than it makes me not. If it weren't for file sharing, IOW, I'd buy far less music and hear far less new music.

At 5/12/04 02:00 AM, WhoaOutOfControl wrote: Alas, it's like they WANT you to DL music. DumbASSES.

Uh... if the record companies and the RIAA wanted you to DL music, why would they be putting tons of fucked-up-with-random-noises-and-other-such-bullshit corrupted songs on file sharing services?

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 06:37 AM Reply

At 5/12/04 12:05 AM, Forever_Knight wrote: The thing is, the band might have no idea their CDs are copywrited. Its usually the label doing dumb shit like that.

true. One could, though, hold the band responsible for having poor judgement and taste in their managers, labels, PR people, or whatever else. But many are probably ignorant about the plight of their fans unless they take time to talk to them via the net or at concerts.

At 5/12/04 12:40 AM, swaenK wrote: I wouldn't get mad at the bands (even though they too are money hungry fuckers) it's more about the producers. I guess I could be a cause of all this shit, me never buying CD's. The last CD I bought was Linkin Park. Woop deh woop.

Whoa, way to overgeneralise about all bands there. O_o

At 5/12/04 01:22 AM, TomFulp wrote: I'm in Little Italy. I go out to the Gas Lamp area a lot... Jamba Juice and Bassam in particular. :)

Isn't the new Padres ballpark in the Gas Lamp district? I'd love to check out a game there. Pitchers' Paradise.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 06:55 AM Reply

I like new layout by teh way,

sucks for your cds

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature
alexsmolik
alexsmolik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 07:17 AM Reply

At 5/12/04 12:05 AM, Forever_Knight wrote: The thing is, the band might have no idea their CDs are copywrited. Its usually the label doing dumb shit like that.

Exactly. Specially when it's like a ... "not-very-famous" band such as the one Tom bought the CD from. I'm not a real music fan or anything, but I think it might be famous over there, but I never heard of it, meaning that internationally it's not that famous so you know. Little bands :)
And yeah that totally sucks, even though all the real CDs I bought all work on my computer. Maybe it's because they are some old CDs and that "CD copyright" wasn't invented yet or something.
Anyways. It totally sucks.
Piracy will never die.

I play lottery. I always lose.
LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature
IM-KOOL-R-U
IM-KOOL-R-U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 07:21 AM Reply

If they are still trying to prevent there are ways to get around that still.

GooieGreen
GooieGreen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 07:38 AM Reply

Don't worry, Tom. There are other bands that are even better than them

Mazza
Mazza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 07:52 AM Reply

Yup, I got that too before, it sucks when that happens. Oh well, there's still the CD player. And like it helps....nope, you can still find all that stuff on Kazaa.

fucking magnets man how do they work

chakaflange
chakaflange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 08:04 AM Reply

My PC is old so I'd probably have the same problem but I usually only play cds in my car and that'll play any old crap I put in there!

SpinTolk
SpinTolk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 08:29 AM Reply

didn't they said it on the news that those cd-s aren't produced anymore because of the reason that on some players, they wont work???

MR-SNUGGLEBUNNY
MR-SNUGGLEBUNNY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 08:52 AM Reply

HAHAHAH HEHEHE HAHAH!

mentalis
mentalis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 09:26 AM Reply

The music and movie industries have yet to figure out how to deal with the modern world. They haven't embraced the new technology out there and try to make it harder to enjoy their stuff. Macrovision and other anticopying software were a major error in thinking. Instead of going active they should have gone passive. Instead of blocking a copying process they should have let it copy and then have the machine place an electronic watermark hidden in the recording. That way if that recording is on the streets for sale, the watermark will be seen and they can identify, within reason, where it came from.

MetaphorcE
MetaphorcE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 09:48 AM Reply

whoa, calm down tom.

yeah what he said.

At 5/12/04 02:16 AM, Patcoola wrote: You fool Tom that has nothing to do with copyprotection, it's called an "Enhanched CD" or Audio and Data CD.....

no I think the zero 7 one sounds like it had copy protection on it. but dj format's albumn had some crappy 5mb flash file that auto loaded instead of playing the cd, so maybe it is a tactic they are using.

I know I have two virgin cds with copy control on them - I can get them to play fine in winamp, but I have to search for the right menu (under the play menu there is an audio cd option which so far is the only way I've managed to get these cds to play). the only cd I haven't managed to get to play properly in winamp has been a dj rectangle cd, but I think that's a winamp issue rather than a copy protect issue, cos it plays fine in the windows cd player.

and yeah, how did I miss the whole zero 7 thing? I only heard that song of theirs a few months ago, but now they seem to be popping up everywhere? maybe I'm just out of touch cos I stopped listening to the radio and have gotten into dodgy hip hop too much recently... ugh yeah...

Firebolt145
Firebolt145
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 09:52 AM Reply

LOL i would hate something like that to happen to me... damn annoying.

expothead
expothead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 09:53 AM Reply

The music industry is a joke. It's all about money, and that fact alone will bring them all down one day. I just wish that one day would come soon!

Darklilangel23
Darklilangel23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 10:29 AM Reply

yeah tom im with ya it sucks when they go overboard to prevent piracy people will pirate movies and games and music no matter what why fuck over the honest people who buy the cds ?

they are just gonna loose more and more fans till they collapse

Dark Kisses In Sweet Places

gcdaman
gcdaman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 11:20 AM Reply

Well, I have to tell you- the Audio Portal needs to get some luv after that. How about a similar system you have in place for rating flash?

Air and 0-7 are of course downloadable from many places I am sure, and legally, so maybe try that instead? Might actually be cheaper- get the songs you want and all...

Anhoo, give the audio port some love, we're not all money grubbing assholes ;)

zno
zno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 11:40 AM Reply

Someone might already have suggested this or a better solution; I didn't bother reading through the 3 pages...

Anyway, what usually works for me is ripping the cd, using dBPowerAMP (free) or something similar. Most so-called copy protection doesn't keep that from working. You could also burn the ripped tracks to get a normal audio cd :)

You'll probably want to disable autorun in windows as well, so their wack programs don't start by themselves (or just hold shift while inserting the cd).

I agree that copy protection is crap though... I never buy protected cds because I always rip my cds and listen to everything on my computer. If the copy protection actually worked for once, I'd be sitting with a useless cd...

Chr0me
Chr0me
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 11:57 AM Reply

sounds fun!:P

ADarkerBreed
ADarkerBreed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 12:11 PM Reply

RCAA sucks... I wish they would just shove it and take the fact that ppl are dloading and uploading songs... luckily for me the bands I listen to share my views and don't go through lame shitty attempts to "stop piracy"

illwillpress
illwillpress
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 12:12 PM Reply

hehe, yeah the record industry tiocks me off too. From what I hear you can place a tiny piece of tap (not the clear kind) over the data track of the disk. Since the data part is the first part read by the computer when the disk is put in, covering the track will cause the computer to skip right over it. (The data track is usually seperated by a sharp line on the back of the disk) Not sure if this helps anyone, and people don't really need to be sticking tape on their cds, but ya gotta do, what ya gotta do.

J.

ADarkerBreed
ADarkerBreed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 12:13 PM Reply

ok, RIAA but wtvr, they still blow... and suck... and they are all fuckers... well most that share the views of "piracy is bad"

ADarkerBreed
ADarkerBreed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 12:15 PM Reply

At 5/12/04 12:12 PM, illwillpress wrote: hehe, yeah the record industry tiocks me off too. From what I hear you can place a tiny piece of tap (not the clear kind) over the data track of the disk. Since the data part is the first part read by the computer when the disk is put in, covering the track will cause the computer to skip right over it. (The data track is usually seperated by a sharp line on the back of the disk) Not sure if this helps anyone, and people don't really need to be sticking tape on their cds, but ya gotta do, what ya gotta do.

J.

niiice, I ought to try that if I ever have the misforutne to get "anti-piracy" CDs...
J I love your work keep it up... I sent U an e-mail a while ago... but wtvr

Master1n0
Master1n0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 12:16 PM Reply

RIGHT ON! stick it to those Dipshits. when my band makes our cd's, they will play just as Beta Band did. open your eye... your third eye!(-*-)

Vance
Vance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 12:41 PM Reply

i hate all those penny pinchin music industries, they make TONS of money and ALWAYS want more.

assholes

ShotInTheHead
ShotInTheHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 01:11 PM Reply

wow this is a reasojn to pirate asshole bands music even more!!! (make em bankrupt since they suck so much ass)

provoko
provoko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 01:37 PM Reply

Yes! Go Tom! Toss those CDs. Actually, just return them, that's an even bigger slap in the face because now they're not getting your money.

The music industry created the biggest scam of the 20th century, they've been robbing us for years and they still do it to this day. So ever since downloading music has become popular the industry has come up with some retarded methods to prevent us from that. But they haven't seemed to realize that they should just stop overcharging for their music.

When you add all the expenses, royalties and production costs associated with making a music CD, it can't come out to more than a $1.00 per CD. Following basic economic principles, the industry will want to make 50% profit charging wholesalers $2.00 per CD, wholesalers charging retailers $4.00 per CD and finally retailers charging us $8.00 per CD.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE! Someone along the line jacks up the price so we have to pay 15-20 dollars per fucking CD! It's just bullshit! And this has been going on for YEARS especially back than when it didn't cost as much to make an album due to inflation! They been robbing us for years. Now it's our turn.

Kron0
Kron0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to No Longer a Fan... May. 12th, 2004 @ 02:26 PM Reply

this seems very weird! iv got cds that do stupid little useless players but i can still get at them with windows media player 9 just not copy!