00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2

32,267 Views | 234 Replies

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-09 06:09:46

At 8 hours ago, Xaotik wrote: My name is misspelled. I can't win...

Haha sorry I copy pasted YoungAndWise. All fixed now :)

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-09 09:05:46

Newgrounds Old Thread Indicator: Updated for the redesign, this marks threads that are older than ninety days.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-10 00:00:19

Old Thread Indicator has now been renamed to Newgrounds Fossil. It now changes the star for old posts and the time has been reduced to 75 days(2.5 months);

I also have two new scripts.

Newgrounds Drift: This is a utility script that keeps the recent Notifications under the star.

Newground Quick GM : Adds a link to this thread to the top of the page. If you use this you won't need drift as it's included in this script.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-11 13:13:40

Another update and/or teaser on the progress of Hush! It's moving along smoothly now because I've finally gotten a chance to wind down from all the work I was busy with.

Here's a screeny:

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-14 17:45:07

Newgrounds Embed Alpha: Generates an embedded player for video links. Currently supports Youtube (both long and short urls), Vimeo and Blip.tv. Clicking a modified link will open and close the player. Right-clicking and opening in new tabs/windows works as normal.

There are still some issues to work out and more features to add but it should work fine for the bbs.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-14 22:27:29

At 4 hours ago, Snake-Arsenic wrote: Newgrounds Embed Alpha: Generates an embedded player for video links. Currently supports Youtube (both long and short urls), Vimeo and Blip.tv. Clicking a modified link will open and close the player. Right-clicking and opening in new tabs/windows works as normal.

There are still some issues to work out and more features to add but it should work fine for the bbs.

Damn man! Beat me to it... I had made one of these and never published for the old design and was working on upgrading it. Oh well, nice job :P

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-14 22:33:43

I have no fucking idea what greasemonkey means but support.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-17 00:27:25

Embed Alpha 2 is out and you can get it here. It now support links in sigs, pms, news posts and when browsing a user's posts. Also, there is the beginnings of soundcloud support and some auto-pausing when minimizing videos.

At 1 day ago, Xaotik wrote: Damn man! Beat me to it... I had made one of these and never published for the old design and was working on upgrading it. Oh well, nice job :P

In that case I hope this works as well as the one you were making.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-17 10:59:06

At 10 hours ago, Snake-Arsenic wrote: Embed Alpha 2 is out and you can get it here. It now support links in sigs, pms, news posts and when browsing a user's posts. Also, there is the beginnings of soundcloud support and some auto-pausing when minimizing videos.

At 1 day ago, Xaotik wrote: Damn man! Beat me to it... I had made one of these and never published for the old design and was working on upgrading it. Oh well, nice job :P
In that case I hope this works as well as the one you were making.

In fact, it works better. Has features I hadn't even considered and is very well made. You've done an excellent job with this script and should be very proud of it, your alpha does more than my old script did :)

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-18 11:59:52

New script for you guys!

This is just a little one I had waiting in the wings while I'm sorting out some cross-browser compatibility stuff with Hush. It's nothing special as far as names go, I call it the Quoted Text Monitor. I recall that someone had made one for the old NG at one point in time, so I revived it.

Pretty straightforward, install, and whenever you post, you'll get this percentage meter that shows how much of your post is quoted content. I was considering making it lock the Post button if you're over, but I don't know the exact percentage NG cuts off at. I've estimated it at 83%, so going over that will cause the meter to turn red.

Compatibility: Chrome, Firefox 10.0.2+

Download & Install

Preview:

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-18 12:07:51

Thanks for the quoted text meter! That will really be helpful when I'm respond to people in the Where is / How to forum. Keep up the good work man!

I'm still looking forward to that plugin that displays your rank on NG under your name at the top!

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-19 18:29:47

At 1 day ago, Xaotik wrote: Pretty straightforward, install, and whenever you post, you'll get this percentage meter that shows how much of your post is quoted content. I was considering making it lock the Post button if you're over, but I don't know the exact percentage NG cuts off at. I've estimated it at 83%, so going over that will ca

oh this one is awesome. Will be really useful for me.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-01 13:40:59

Ok guys, new script, just for today.

Since the NG Chat is out and is supposedly "featureless", my script makes it a bit more featured.

I'm calling it the "NG Featureless Chat Featurer", and I'm planning on deleting it this week (most likely tomorrow), because I believe the current NG chat is just for April Fools...

This is tested to work on Chrome and Firefox 10.0.2+.

Because this is temporary, and my site is a mess right now, the download for this script is a .txt on Dumping Grounds. Simply download the file and change the .txt extension to .js, and File > Open it in your browser.

Here is the "Vanilla" NG Chat, and this is my improved version.

Here is the source code I mentioned. See the bolded text above for installation instructions.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-01 13:44:52

Ok, the dead link above was not an April fools joke, I actually copied the URL incorrectly.

Here you go.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-01 16:48:41

Ok guys, since it seems like the NG chat is getting live updates as the day draws on, I'll be launching updates to my Chat fixer script periodically, so just check back to the source code to update.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-02 11:26:19

Well, it looks like NG is intent on keeping the Featureless Char Featureless. I suppose this means I've got a lot of overhauling to do on my script.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-02 11:43:28

I've heard other people experiening this issue with Greasemonkey before, whenever I try to install a new script it just downloads the file, rather than having it open in Greasemonkey. Never had this happen before.

Windows XP SP3
Latest Firefox Beta (just Beta, not Nightly or anything) Build

I'd like to just give a big thank you to all the people who keep making scripts to improve Newgrounds (and some extra props to Xaotik, you've done so much for everyone).

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-02 12:02:12

Do you have Greasemonkey or Scriptish enabled? If they are and the file still downloads, it might just be that the file was set to Save rather than Open (some hosting sites do this). If that's the case, try File>Open in your browser and locate the file, or try dragging and dropping onto your browser window.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-02 14:19:38

At 4/2/12 12:02 PM, Xaotik wrote: Do you have Greasemonkey or Scriptish enabled? If they are and the file still downloads, it might just be that the file was set to Save rather than Open (some hosting sites do this). If that's the case, try File>Open in your browser and locate the file, or try dragging and dropping onto your browser window.

Disabled and re-enabled Greasemonkey, but still nothing. Tried opening the file through File>Open, but it just opens up the code in a new tab, rather than adding it to Greasemonkey.

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-02 16:42:07

You saved as .user.js and not just .js right?

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-03 08:38:49

At 4/2/12 04:42 PM, Xaotik wrote: You saved as .user.js and not just .js right?

That I did.

Uninstalled Firefox, went back to Chrome, that seems to do the trick at least. Thanks anyway!

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-03 17:16:24

Updated the Source Code for the Chat Script again.

It now downloads images linked in posts automatically for easy viewing. Please read the text file carefully if you do not want this feature. I haven't had a chance to add more advanced features such as a button to turn this feature off, but there are very specific instructions for deactivating picture downloading.

Sample of a chat bubble with picture.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-03 17:53:02

Another small update, I spiced things up with some colors.

Here is the key, start off a sentence with the keyword to send messages to other users (who have the script) in color/special fx:

red:
orange:
yellow:
green:
blue:
indigo:
violet:

and special effects:

b: Bold
i: Italics
u: Underlined

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-03 18:13:27

Thanks for the awesome chat script's Xaotik! I really appreciate it!

Click my sig, it says so.

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-06 11:04:49

Your ghetto inline poster stopped working for me, the text box wouldn't appear and I was left unable to post until I disabled it.

Chrome 18
Windows XP SP3.

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-06 19:00:10

At 4/6/12 11:04 AM, iMini wrote: Your ghetto inline poster stopped working for me, the text box wouldn't appear and I was left unable to post until I disabled it.

Chrome 18
Windows XP SP3.

Can you try reinstalling the script and check the JS Console (Wrench > Tools > JavaScript Console) and copy/paste any errors (red text) you see, either a PM or a post here will work.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-06 21:07:06

Chat Script (improved).

Basically, Xaotik, all original script credit goes to you. This just adds a few more color options (you have no idea how many people were complaining about not getting the color pink) and the line-through feature (on some forums, known as the strike-through feature).

Help the poor! Help the hungry in Africa!

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-06 22:41:25

Chat Script fixed Sorry, but the last script used wasn't having the pictures showing up. Fixed that, and I decided to add another text decoration: blink. so far, you have these options (type what I have typed here at the beginning of each message in your chat for the effect to happen):

Colors
red:
blue:
green:
yellow:
orange:
indigo:
violet:
pink:
jade:
brown:
magenta:
grey:

Text Effects (only type the letter and the colon; I'm just telling you what the code will be at the beginning).
Bold- b:
Italic- i:
Underline- u:
Linethrough- l:
Blink- blink:

Enjoy.

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-07 05:11:34

Script Request:

Can someone make two buttons in the Audio Portal, one which speeds up the track you're hearing by 2x and another which slows it down to half its speed, all in realtime? I don't know if it's possible/feasible but something like that will be infinitely helpful for audio moderators.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-07 12:32:41

Chat Script Added a few new colors and another text decoration.

New colors
crystal:
platinum:
gold:
silver:
emerald:
ruby:
sapphire:

New text effect:
Overline- o:

BBS Signature