New Topic Respond to this Topic
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 07:18 PM Reply

At 28 minutes ago, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Just testing the Inliner post. Works great! Good job, also, sorry about fucking up your name. It's Xaotik. I'll take note from now on.
It's pronounced like "Zow-tik", right?

I intended for it to be "Zay-Ah-Tick" but pronunciations are no big deal.

I guess since I posted, I'll put a preview of a new script I'm working on.

It's called Hush!, and it will basically be a highly-featured ignore list for the BBS.

Pic:

Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 07:37 PM Reply

Bug reports~

Easybar kind of messes up the look of large pieces of art in the art portal. It brings them down to the bottom right corner for some reason and I can't ever view the entire picture if it's large.

Eagle Eye still doesn't work on Chrome or Firefox :-(((((((

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 26 minutes ago, EJR wrote: Bug reports~

Easybar kind of messes up the look of large pieces of art in the art portal. It brings them down to the bottom right corner for some reason and I can't ever view the entire picture if it's large.

Eagle Eye still doesn't work on Chrome or Firefox :-(((((((

K. Fixed EasyBar, I tried to make it move the art on mouse over so the bar wouldn't cover it up. Now I've changed it so it shifts down below the bar.

EagleEye is something I'm working on. I just tried the 0.6.0 beta and Firefox seems to be terribly allergic to it, Chrome, however, seems to deal with it just fine on my end.

Here is the Fixed EasyBar
Here's EasyBar Lite (For slower computers)

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Xaotik wrote: It's called Hush!, and it will basically be a highly-featured ignore list for the BBS.

I can use this very well for some specific users.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 04:32 PM Reply

Newgrounds News Section: Restores the News section on user pages. It also "completes" the news page when there is no news by adding a panel and a footer to the page.

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 22 minutes ago, Snake-Arsenic wrote: Newgrounds News Section: Restores the News section on user pages. It also "completes" the news page when there is no news by adding a panel and a footer to the page.

Oh thank you I was really looking for this in the userpages.

"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 07:05 PM Reply

At 22 hours ago, Narcissy wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Xaotik wrote: It's called Hush!, and it will basically be a highly-featured ignore list for the BBS.
I can use this very well for some specific users.

Finally, I can ignore certain people I can't stand as of late.

How will this work if they're the OP?

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 18 minutes ago, HollowedPumkinz wrote: How will this work if they're the OP?

You dont click on their threads~~~

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

Oh, har har har. I just meant how would it look, would the thread show up? Etc.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 10:21 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Oh, har har har. I just meant how would it look, would the thread show up? Etc.

Legitimate question. I'm planning on indicating that the user is on ignore status in the list of threads, but if you decide to click on it, then the first post will show regardless of whether or not the OP is ignored.

I suppose I can take an opinion on this. Would it be better to have something like the pic below?

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 10:26 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: I suppose I can take an opinion on this. Would it be better to have something like the pic below?

That works for me. That way, a placement is there, and it won't cause any screw ups. Can it it also knock off their user icons, sig, and stats? It'll make certain users more tolerable.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

To Xaotik or any other script makers: How limited are you (in general i guess, BBS-wise or Portal-wise) in terms of making scripts? Like what's the most complex thing you can technically do with the scripts?

Just wondering.

BBS Signature
Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 02:49 AM Reply

At 5 minutes ago, EJR wrote: To Xaotik or any other script makers: How limited are you (in general i guess, BBS-wise or Portal-wise) in terms of making scripts? Like what's the most complex thing you can technically do with the scripts?

I'll take a stab at it.

Limitations:
Userscripts have the full language and limitations of the javascript and by extension, html available on the browser running the script. That said, they are generally a single js file that runs in it's own context to prevent websites from accessing data within the userscript and may come with some extra restrictions or features depending on the browser. The best way to find out what these are is to start coding.

One clear limitation is if we want to load resources from other files they need to have a home somewhere as they can't be included with the script.

Complexity:
Technically userscripts can do anything javascript can do and coding styles differ so there isn't an answer for the most complex they can be but scripts do range in complexity dramatically. For example, I tend to focus on simple tweaks while Xaotik's scripts tend to be more complex.

Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 03:22 AM Reply

Newgrounds Psychopath: Selects a random smiley each time you post, making you seem like a very confused psychopath.

MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 08:14 AM Reply

I use to have greasemonkey scripts for Ikariam and grepolis.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 05:27 PM Reply

At 18 hours ago, Narcissy wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: I suppose I can take an opinion on this. Would it be better to have something like the pic below?
That works for me. That way, a placement is there, and it won't cause any screw ups. Can it it also knock off their user icons, sig, and stats? It'll make certain users more tolerable.

Well, my plan was to have that box show up for every post they would have made, making each one individually viewable. The post would remain completely hidden though until that button was clicked.

knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 04:33 AM Reply

Finally got around to assemble the list yesterday. I borrowed YoungAndWise's list from the first page and built on with newer additions posted in this thread.

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any new scripts for me to add :)

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 09:19 PM Reply

At 16 hours ago, knugen wrote: Finally got around to assemble the list yesterday. I borrowed YoungAndWise's list from the first page and built on with newer additions posted in this thread.

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any new scripts for me to add :)

My name is misspelled. I can't win...

knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 06:09 AM Reply

At 8 hours ago, Xaotik wrote: My name is misspelled. I can't win...

Haha sorry I copy pasted YoungAndWise. All fixed now :)

Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 09:05 AM Reply

Newgrounds Old Thread Indicator: Updated for the redesign, this marks threads that are older than ninety days.

Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 10th, 2012 @ 12:00 AM Reply

Old Thread Indicator has now been renamed to Newgrounds Fossil. It now changes the star for old posts and the time has been reduced to 75 days(2.5 months);

I also have two new scripts.

Newgrounds Drift: This is a utility script that keeps the recent Notifications under the star.

Newground Quick GM : Adds a link to this thread to the top of the page. If you use this you won't need drift as it's included in this script.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 01:13 PM Reply

Another update and/or teaser on the progress of Hush! It's moving along smoothly now because I've finally gotten a chance to wind down from all the work I was busy with.

Here's a screeny:

Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 05:45 PM Reply

Newgrounds Embed Alpha: Generates an embedded player for video links. Currently supports Youtube (both long and short urls), Vimeo and Blip.tv. Clicking a modified link will open and close the player. Right-clicking and opening in new tabs/windows works as normal.

There are still some issues to work out and more features to add but it should work fine for the bbs.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 10:27 PM Reply

At 4 hours ago, Snake-Arsenic wrote: Newgrounds Embed Alpha: Generates an embedded player for video links. Currently supports Youtube (both long and short urls), Vimeo and Blip.tv. Clicking a modified link will open and close the player. Right-clicking and opening in new tabs/windows works as normal.

There are still some issues to work out and more features to add but it should work fine for the bbs.

Damn man! Beat me to it... I had made one of these and never published for the old design and was working on upgrading it. Oh well, nice job :P

Flowoflife
Flowoflife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 10:33 PM Reply

I have no fucking idea what greasemonkey means but support.

Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 17th, 2012 @ 12:27 AM Reply

Embed Alpha 2 is out and you can get it here. It now support links in sigs, pms, news posts and when browsing a user's posts. Also, there is the beginnings of soundcloud support and some auto-pausing when minimizing videos.

At 1 day ago, Xaotik wrote: Damn man! Beat me to it... I had made one of these and never published for the old design and was working on upgrading it. Oh well, nice job :P

In that case I hope this works as well as the one you were making.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 17th, 2012 @ 10:59 AM Reply

At 10 hours ago, Snake-Arsenic wrote: Embed Alpha 2 is out and you can get it here. It now support links in sigs, pms, news posts and when browsing a user's posts. Also, there is the beginnings of soundcloud support and some auto-pausing when minimizing videos.

At 1 day ago, Xaotik wrote: Damn man! Beat me to it... I had made one of these and never published for the old design and was working on upgrading it. Oh well, nice job :P
In that case I hope this works as well as the one you were making.

In fact, it works better. Has features I hadn't even considered and is very well made. You've done an excellent job with this script and should be very proud of it, your alpha does more than my old script did :)

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 11:59 AM Reply

New script for you guys!

This is just a little one I had waiting in the wings while I'm sorting out some cross-browser compatibility stuff with Hush. It's nothing special as far as names go, I call it the Quoted Text Monitor. I recall that someone had made one for the old NG at one point in time, so I revived it.

Pretty straightforward, install, and whenever you post, you'll get this percentage meter that shows how much of your post is quoted content. I was considering making it lock the Post button if you're over, but I don't know the exact percentage NG cuts off at. I've estimated it at 83%, so going over that will cause the meter to turn red.

Compatibility: Chrome, Firefox 10.0.2+

Download & Install

Preview:

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 12:07 PM Reply

Thanks for the quoted text meter! That will really be helpful when I'm respond to people in the Where is / How to forum. Keep up the good work man!

I'm still looking forward to that plugin that displays your rank on NG under your name at the top!
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:29 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, Xaotik wrote: Pretty straightforward, install, and whenever you post, you'll get this percentage meter that shows how much of your post is quoted content. I was considering making it lock the Post button if you're over, but I don't know the exact percentage NG cuts off at. I've estimated it at 83%, so going over that will ca

oh this one is awesome. Will be really useful for me.