ZoVies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 09:53:35 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Sacros wrote:
At 12 hours ago, EASTBEAST wrote:
I don't see anything here that a simple skip button wouldn't solve. If an individual doesn't like watching a fight as it's playing, then he or she can skip it.
maybe i havent stated the problem correctly (and you may not even percieve as a problem yourself, if so speak up)

the problem is having the characters fighting all of a sudden without some sort of introduction or somewhat still space before the movement turmoil a fight implicates would look bad and confuse the viewer

imagine you go to see a movie and as soon as you sit down the movie starts with a war scene, shit flying everywhere. composition-wise you need to introduce the viewer to a situation, specially if its shit moving too fast, thats why instead of the movie starting stright up with shit flying everywhere youd see something like a panoramic view saying "irak 2002, oil wars"

shit, my post walltext too fast, help me here lpfann, if even you dont understand where im coming from then by all means nevermind, a problem only happens if we agree its one

Don't forget this collaboration is called "Animation Battle"
So it is logical that they fight.
And as I already said: If you want an introduction, make one. If you don't want one, don't make one.
If you would love to create a whole storyline you should do that and make a storyboard and all that shit
But remember that there is nothing wrong with the idea of two animators battling each other in a creative way :)

BBS Signature
Jurgen
Jurgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 10:42:44 Reply

No yeah I definitely agree with sacros, however I've come to make mine not have a storyline, but just a still part before they fight where it somewhat introduces the characters. And really I think that's all it needs.

And yeah I'll fight KidKei, all I have right now is a rough so I can easily change zovies' character to kei's.

GamerTag: MEGAxCptnWalrus

KeiKuzco
KeiKuzco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 13:54:09 Reply

At 5 hours ago, Sacros wrote:
the problem is having the characters fighting all of a sudden without some sort of introduction or somewhat still space before the movement turmoil a fight implicates would look bad and confuse the viewer

I know what you mean, there needs to be a mini storyline/plot to the fighting. make up a reason.
I see it I see it, and I also agree

BBS Signature
KeiKuzco
KeiKuzco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 13:56:28 Reply

At 1 minute ago, KeiKuzco wrote: I know what you mean, there needs to be a mini storyline/plot to the fighting. make up a reason.

Just read the other posts, and sorry for the double post, idk how to edit my last one D:
YAY! I'm ready to fight, pass it when you're finished

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 19:49:16 Reply

I am getting extremely frustrated.

Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
EASTBEAST
EASTBEAST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 21:32:13 Reply

imagine you go to see a movie and as soon as you sit down the movie starts with a war scene, shit flying everywhere. composition-wise you need to introduce the viewer to a situation, specially if its shit moving too fast, thats why instead of the movie starting stright up with shit flying everywhere youd see something like a panoramic view saying "irak 2002, oil wars"

shit, my post walltext too fast, help me here lpfann, if even you dont understand where im coming from then by all means nevermind, a problem only happens if we agree its one

No I see where you are coming from. To me it didn't seem like a problem before, because I thought they would just be randomly sequenced battles. but now that it has been mentioned a mini-story plot connecting everything might not be a bad idea. It would make the collab feel more complete and focused even.

A storyline might be that it is a fight to the death tournament between all the characters. Just one idea, feel free to pitch others

Writing songs for cigarettes and credit would be cool.

BBS Signature
Jurgen
Jurgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 21:47:05 Reply

At 7 hours ago, KeiKuzco wrote:
At 1 minute ago, KeiKuzco wrote: I know what you mean, there needs to be a mini storyline/plot to the fighting. make up a reason.
Just read the other posts, and sorry for the double post, idk how to edit my last one D:
YAY! I'm ready to fight, pass it when you're finished

Yeah I'm working on it man, it should be done tonight, maybe at like 11? possibly earlier.

I just got home so I didn't have much time to animate today, was shopping with family and whatnot :L

heavyrain
heavyrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 22:59:22 Reply

As I have nothing to do at the moment, I decided to mess around in Flash a little and came up with this as an idea for a scene selector. Any thoughts?

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 23:09:19 Reply

At 9 minutes ago, heavyrain wrote: As I have nothing to do at the moment, I decided to mess around in Flash a little and came up with this as an idea for a scene selector. Any thoughts?

I love that shit heavy what did you do to make that bounce and it move i know very little programing i only know the buttons and some other shit.

BBS Signature
heavyrain
heavyrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 23:15:32 Reply

At 2 minutes ago, LazyAss23 wrote: what did you do to make that bounce

The movement is using a custom AS3 class called Tweener.

Jurgen
Jurgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 23:26:17 Reply

At 22 minutes ago, heavyrain wrote: As I have nothing to do at the moment, I decided to mess around in Flash a little and came up with this as an idea for a scene selector. Any thoughts?

Hell Yeah, that looks awesome.

It'd be cool if when you roll over it with your mouse, a little bio of the character and who made it popped up in the corner or something.

For example, rolling over my character would say something like:

" *Name* ((i don't have a name yet))
Created by Lpfann2

____ is a humanoid robot powered by a large generator on his back, it supplies him with electricity which he uses in combat blah blah blah"

Obviously that's just an example, but yeah. That'd be coooool.

Also, sorry Kei, but i'm gonna have to postpone it to tommorow, i'll try to get it done by the afternoon or so. I got most of the animation done, I just wanna go to sleep now haha.

This collab is REALLY starting to come together, awesome work everyone.

MihaP
MihaP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 09:31:23 Reply

WHY 20fps WHYYYYYY!!!!!!! (also! im almost done with my first part).

The Animation Battle (collab)

Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 09:48:06 Reply

At 10 hours ago, heavyrain wrote: As I have nothing to do at the moment, I decided to mess around in Flash a little and came up with this as an idea for a scene selector. Any thoughts?

genius!

:To me it didn't seem like a problem before, because I thought they would just be randomly sequenced battles. but now that it has been mentioned a mini-story plot connecting everything might not be a bad idea. It would make the collab feel more complete and focused even.

A storyline might be that it is a fight to the death tournament between all the characters. Just one idea, feel free to pitch others

ok then, i may have been overthinking stuff, lets just forget what i said...now the plot about a death tournament? i love that, can we make that happen? i can even see a scene before the music that explains and shows them characters in a super badass fashion

ama gon chill

Energyrain
Energyrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 12:31:03 Reply

At 13 hours ago, heavyrain wrote: As I have nothing to do at the moment, I decided to mess around in Flash a little and came up with this as an idea for a scene selector. Any thoughts?

Hey, that looks really good! I like the background on the selection menu too. I wish i could do that xD
I'm not sure if the animation should contain all the fights in one scene or just have a fight selection menu. We'll have to confer on that.

Jurgen
Jurgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 12:39:31 Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Energyrain wrote:
At 13 hours ago, heavyrain wrote: As I have nothing to do at the moment, I decided to mess around in Flash a little and came up with this as an idea for a scene selector. Any thoughts?
Hey, that looks really good! I like the background on the selection menu too. I wish i could do that xD
I'm not sure if the animation should contain all the fights in one scene or just have a fight selection menu. We'll have to confer on that.

That's pretty much what we've been doing for the last few pages lol. Also, I agree with Sacros, once all the parts are done we need someone to do an intro that introduces the concept of the tournament. Then after the intro it should go to heavyrain's scene selector.

KeiKuzco
KeiKuzco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 12:48:57 Reply

At 13 hours ago, lpfann2 wrote: Also, sorry Kei, but i'm gonna have to postpone it to tommorow, i'll try to get it done by the afternoon or so. I got most of the animation done, I just wanna go to sleep now haha.

It's cool man :D
I just sent you my character anyways

BBS Signature
heavyrain
heavyrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 13:36:54 Reply

At 15 hours ago, EASTBEAST wrote: A storyline might be that it is a fight to the death tournament between all the characters.

I'm not sure how this would work exactly. Could someone explain? We're all only animating one fight, right? Tournaments generally end with a single winner. Also, isn't everyone using different backgrounds?

Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 14:15:00 Reply

At 34 minutes ago, heavyrain wrote:
At 15 hours ago, EASTBEAST wrote: A storyline might be that it is a fight to the death tournament between all the characters.
I'm not sure how this would work exactly. Could someone explain? We're all only animating one fight, right? Tournaments generally end with a single winner. Also, isn't everyone using different backgrounds?

lol he is right, it couldnt be a tournament so maybe we should think of something else but i like the direction we are going though

ama gon chill

EASTBEAST
EASTBEAST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 14:37:34 Reply

At 18 minutes ago, Sacros wrote:
At 34 minutes ago, heavyrain wrote:
lol he is right, it couldnt be a tournament so maybe we should think of something else but i like the direction we are going though

I think there is one way it could work. since there will be multiple winners, we could explain that divide all the fighters up into 2 teams fighting against each other in different places of the world. Then we can work on the reasons they're fighting as a storyline.

That's just one idea, but anyone is welcome to pitch another idea besides the tournament

Writing songs for cigarettes and credit would be cool.

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 16:18:02 Reply

Part should be cleaned, colored and done by monday :D

Also maybe we should just have it so that we do this collab again and fight someone new :D

BBS Signature
KeiKuzco
KeiKuzco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 19:00:22 Reply

At 4 hours ago, EASTBEAST wrote: I think there is one way it could work. since there will be multiple winners, we could explain that divide all the fighters up into 2 teams fighting against each other in different places of the world. Then we can work on the reasons they're fighting as a storyline.

That's just one idea, but anyone is welcome to pitch another idea besides the tournament

lol you guys are over thinking this waaaaay too much.
There doesn't HAVE to be a significant story to this. All it is is a team of warriors sparring against each other to hone their skills. BOOM, there's your plot. Throw some Rocky music in the background and you're set.

BBS Signature
ZoVies
ZoVies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 21:00:30 Reply

I like all the ideas that I am reading!
I also like the menu bar! Only a little bit too purple... :S Could you give it something less gothic?
I would love to know if you would like to make a menu and preloader.

I think it's best if we just keep it as a battle but with a short "reason why they battle" in front of it. As long as it's short.
It's not about the storyline but about the creative ways you guys can show the watcher how to make an awesome fight.

BBS Signature
Jurgen
Jurgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 21:30:52 Reply

At 21 minutes ago, ZoVies wrote: I like all the ideas that I am reading!
I also like the menu bar! Only a little bit too purple... :S Could you give it something less gothic?

I think it's best if we just keep it as a battle but with a short "reason why they battle" in front of it. As long as it's short.
It's not about the storyline but about the creative ways you guys can show the watcher how to make an awesome fight.

Like I said before, maybe we could just have a quick backstory along with the character info on the scene selection page? For example "x is fighting y because when x was young, y killed his father" or some shit, personally I think it adds more depth to a collab, people like when there's lore.

But I don't know, that's just me.

Also just for the record...never animate a character with box shaped object on his back...ug.

Also also, here are some sound effect websites if anyone needs them. Some good stuff here, all free.

Bada
Bing
Bada
Boom

Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 21:36:01 Reply

At 12 minutes ago, ZoVies wrote: I like all the ideas that I am reading!

lol i feel like i couldnt explain what was bothering me, nevermind though, this is going for the better

what about some deep manly voice saying something cool about some warriors fighting, we just need it to sound epic and then the music starts, epic is cool

ama gon chill

heavyrain
heavyrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 22:09:43 Reply

At 22 hours ago, lpfann2 wrote: It'd be cool if when you roll over it with your mouse, a little bio of the character and who made it popped up in the corner or something.

Maybe something like this?

At 1 hour ago, ZoVies wrote: I also like the menu bar! Only a little bit too purple... :S Could you give it something less gothic?

:X Any better? If not, just name the color of your choice.

If you tell me what should be on the menu, I can give it a shot. Preloader should be no problem either.

Jurgen
Jurgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 01:33:16 Reply

At 3 hours ago, heavyrain wrote:
At 22 hours ago, lpfann2 wrote: It'd be cool if when you roll over it with your mouse, a little bio of the character and who made it popped up in the corner or something.

Haha yes! That's looking awesome.

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 04:03:44 Reply

At 5 hours ago, heavyrain wrote:

At 1 hour ago, ZoVies wrote: I also like the menu bar! Only a little bit too purple... :S Could you give it something less gothic?
X Any better? If not, just name the color of your choice.
If you tell me what should be on the menu, I can give it a shot. Preloader should be no problem either.

Yo yo yo thats some pretty beast ass shit can you send me pm with the fla so i can look at all coding and how shit was done :D

BBS Signature
ZoVies
ZoVies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 07:46:06 Reply

At 9 hours ago, heavyrain wrote:

X Any better? If not, just name the color of your choice.

I love it! How is everybody's part going?
I want to know how far everyone is right now.

BBS Signature
WumbleSea
WumbleSea
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 16:28:50 Reply

me and megadrivesonic are two moves in

Kiigen
Kiigen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 17:55:42 Reply

Hey, am I late? Sounds like a fun little project I can jump on. Am I eligible to join at all?

OBJECTION!