00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Animation Battle (collab)

45,089 Views | 432 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 22:59:22

As I have nothing to do at the moment, I decided to mess around in Flash a little and came up with this as an idea for a scene selector. Any thoughts?

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 23:15:32

At 2 minutes ago, LazyAss23 wrote: what did you do to make that bounce

The movement is using a custom AS3 class called Tweener.

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 09:31:23

WHY 20fps WHYYYYYY!!!!!!! (also! im almost done with my first part).

The Animation Battle (collab)

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 09:48:06

At 10 hours ago, heavyrain wrote: As I have nothing to do at the moment, I decided to mess around in Flash a little and came up with this as an idea for a scene selector. Any thoughts?

genius!

At 12 hours ago, EASTBEAST wrote:

:To me it didn't seem like a problem before, because I thought they would just be randomly sequenced battles. but now that it has been mentioned a mini-story plot connecting everything might not be a bad idea. It would make the collab feel more complete and focused even.

A storyline might be that it is a fight to the death tournament between all the characters. Just one idea, feel free to pitch others

ok then, i may have been overthinking stuff, lets just forget what i said...now the plot about a death tournament? i love that, can we make that happen? i can even see a scene before the music that explains and shows them characters in a super badass fashion

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 12:31:03

At 13 hours ago, heavyrain wrote: As I have nothing to do at the moment, I decided to mess around in Flash a little and came up with this as an idea for a scene selector. Any thoughts?

Hey, that looks really good! I like the background on the selection menu too. I wish i could do that xD
I'm not sure if the animation should contain all the fights in one scene or just have a fight selection menu. We'll have to confer on that.

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 12:48:57

At 13 hours ago, lpfann2 wrote: Also, sorry Kei, but i'm gonna have to postpone it to tommorow, i'll try to get it done by the afternoon or so. I got most of the animation done, I just wanna go to sleep now haha.

It's cool man :D
I just sent you my character anyways

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 13:36:54

At 15 hours ago, EASTBEAST wrote: A storyline might be that it is a fight to the death tournament between all the characters.

I'm not sure how this would work exactly. Could someone explain? We're all only animating one fight, right? Tournaments generally end with a single winner. Also, isn't everyone using different backgrounds?

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 14:15:00

At 34 minutes ago, heavyrain wrote:
At 15 hours ago, EASTBEAST wrote: A storyline might be that it is a fight to the death tournament between all the characters.
I'm not sure how this would work exactly. Could someone explain? We're all only animating one fight, right? Tournaments generally end with a single winner. Also, isn't everyone using different backgrounds?

lol he is right, it couldnt be a tournament so maybe we should think of something else but i like the direction we are going though

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 14:37:34

At 18 minutes ago, Sacros wrote:
At 34 minutes ago, heavyrain wrote:
lol he is right, it couldnt be a tournament so maybe we should think of something else but i like the direction we are going though

I think there is one way it could work. since there will be multiple winners, we could explain that divide all the fighters up into 2 teams fighting against each other in different places of the world. Then we can work on the reasons they're fighting as a storyline.

That's just one idea, but anyone is welcome to pitch another idea besides the tournament

Writing songs for cigarettes and credit would be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 19:00:22

At 4 hours ago, EASTBEAST wrote: I think there is one way it could work. since there will be multiple winners, we could explain that divide all the fighters up into 2 teams fighting against each other in different places of the world. Then we can work on the reasons they're fighting as a storyline.

That's just one idea, but anyone is welcome to pitch another idea besides the tournament

lol you guys are over thinking this waaaaay too much.
There doesn't HAVE to be a significant story to this. All it is is a team of warriors sparring against each other to hone their skills. BOOM, there's your plot. Throw some Rocky music in the background and you're set.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 21:00:30

I like all the ideas that I am reading!
I also like the menu bar! Only a little bit too purple... :S Could you give it something less gothic?
I would love to know if you would like to make a menu and preloader.

I think it's best if we just keep it as a battle but with a short "reason why they battle" in front of it. As long as it's short.
It's not about the storyline but about the creative ways you guys can show the watcher how to make an awesome fight.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 21:36:01

At 12 minutes ago, ZoVies wrote: I like all the ideas that I am reading!
I also like the menu bar! Only a little bit too purple... :S Could you give it something less gothic?

I think it's best if we just keep it as a battle but with a short "reason why they battle" in front of it. As long as it's short.
It's not about the storyline but about the creative ways you guys can show the watcher how to make an awesome fight.

lol i feel like i couldnt explain what was bothering me, nevermind though, this is going for the better

what about some deep manly voice saying something cool about some warriors fighting, we just need it to sound epic and then the music starts, epic is cool

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-16 22:09:43

At 22 hours ago, lpfann2 wrote: It'd be cool if when you roll over it with your mouse, a little bio of the character and who made it popped up in the corner or something.

Maybe something like this?

At 1 hour ago, ZoVies wrote: I also like the menu bar! Only a little bit too purple... :S Could you give it something less gothic?

:X Any better? If not, just name the color of your choice.

If you tell me what should be on the menu, I can give it a shot. Preloader should be no problem either.

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 07:46:06

At 9 hours ago, heavyrain wrote:
Maybe something like this?

At 1 hour ago, ZoVies wrote: I also like the menu bar! Only a little bit too purple... :S Could you give it something less gothic?
X Any better? If not, just name the color of your choice.
If you tell me what should be on the menu, I can give it a shot. Preloader should be no problem either.

I love it! How is everybody's part going?
I want to know how far everyone is right now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 16:28:50

me and megadrivesonic are two moves in

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 17:55:42

Hey, am I late? Sounds like a fun little project I can jump on. Am I eligible to join at all?

OBJECTION!

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 18:30:10

At 34 minutes ago, Kiigen wrote: Hey, am I late? Sounds like a fun little project I can jump on. Am I eligible to join at all?

Sorry we are closed!

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 18:37:52

At 6 minutes ago, ZoVies wrote:
At 34 minutes ago, Kiigen wrote: Hey, am I late? Sounds like a fun little project I can jump on. Am I eligible to join at all?
Sorry we are closed!

Well, looks like I missed out, I'll watch the release when the time comes.

OBJECTION!

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 21:29:05

Me and MihaP have each completed a move

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 21:51:28

At 21 minutes ago, dangoval95 wrote:
Me and MihaP have each completed a move

I'm getting closer to finishing my move, then me and Zovies will be two moves in too. Looks like everyone has progressed about the same :)

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 21:51:52

At 17 hours ago, LazyAss23 wrote: Yo yo yo thats some pretty beast ass shit can you send me pm with the fla so i can look at all coding and how shit was done :D

Sure. Have fun.

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-17 23:31:08

At 1 hour ago, heavyrain wrote:
At 17 hours ago, LazyAss23 wrote: Yo yo yo thats some pretty beast ass shit can you send me pm with the fla so i can look at all coding and how shit was done :D
Sure. Have fun.

Hey, could you send me the fla too? It'd be cool to see how it was done :D

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-18 00:25:10

At 48 minutes ago, Energyrain wrote: Hey, could you send me the fla too? It'd be cool to see how it was done :D

Alright.

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-18 08:19:59

I want everybody to send me a PM with the .swf of what you have so far.
From there I will send it to all the other members of this collab if you want to know what's going on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-19 10:07:02

At 1 day ago, ZoVies wrote: I want everybody to send me a PM with the .swf of what you have so far.
From there I will send it to all the other members of this collab if you want to know what's going on.

how is the part collection going? i want to see dem parts, please everyone send zovies them parts pl0x

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-19 20:41:45

At 10 hours ago, Sacros wrote:
how is the part collection going? i want to see dem parts, please everyone send zovies them parts pl0x

Not very good. It seems like not everybody is sending me their parts. I am still waiting.

I've received parts from:
EASTBEAST
LazyAss23
Ipfann2
Heavyrain
Sacros
Energyrain

I still need to get parts from:
dangoval95
MihaP
KelKuzco
WumbleSea
megadrivesonic

At least let the others know how far you are with your part instead of just not responding.
Hope to get 5 MP's soon...

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-19 21:51:07

At least let the others know how far you are with your part instead of just not responding.
Hope to get 5 MP's soon...

Me and Miho are working hard:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/7d82beca8d253b80159dcd83 abd7793d
(This is basically the intro to our battle)

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-20 10:00:58

wait, 3 parts left? how is that even possible, we are working in 2-man cells

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-20 11:44:38

At 1 hour ago, Sacros wrote: wait, 3 parts left? how is that even possible, we are working in 2-man cells

Part: One attack or One defence PLUS an attack.
Not the whole battle but just one part of it.
I am not suspecting a whole battle already but I will send everyone the parts of what I have received.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-20 12:10:39

At 15 minutes ago, ZoVies wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Sacros wrote: wait, 3 parts left? how is that even possible, we are working in 2-man cells
Part: One attack or One defence PLUS an attack.
Not the whole battle but just one part of it.
I am not suspecting a whole battle already but I will send everyone the parts of what I have received.

Fuck it.
Here are the links to all the parts. Sending 11 Personal Messages is too much work to do every time.

ZoVies VS Energyrain

Heavyrain VS Sacros

EASTBEAST VS LazyAss23

Ipfann2 VS KelKuzco

Dangoval95 VS Mihap (intro)

WumbleSea VS Megadrivesonic

That's all. I hope all the links work.

BBS Signature