00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mangoneNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Animation Battle (collab)

44,998 Views | 432 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-11 13:55:27

At 2 hours ago, lpfann2 wrote:
At 2 hours ago, MihaP wrote:
No MihaP will be the opponent of dangoval95
Here is mine. Will you attack first?
Only if you want me to. I'll start my part tonight.

Your old man is gonna get fucked up...

Wait Lpfann2....MihaP is my partner....

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-11 13:58:39

I don't want to sound like an asshole, But I pretty much second what lpfann2 said about his partner, I guess I'll play through with my partner for now but I'm not sure if he's of the same skill and he's taking very long to come up with his animation. Sorry for being brutally honest megadrivesonic

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-11 20:10:13

At 1 hour ago, LazyAss23 wrote:
At 4 hours ago, WumbleSea wrote: he's taking very long to come up with his animation.
either he wants to take some time into it or he doesnt have much time to work on it. I sure as hell havent started but its already pictured in my head.

plus its not like its been a week, we are doing fighting scenes here and that shit takes time

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-11 23:37:04

At 51 minutes ago, lpfann2 wrote:
At 2 hours ago, Sacros wrote:
At 1 hour ago, LazyAss23 wrote:
At 4 hours ago, WumbleSea wrote: he's taking very long to come up with his animation.
either he wants to take some time into it or he doesnt have much time to work on it. I sure as hell havent started but its already pictured in my head.
plus its not like its been a week, we are doing fighting scenes here and that shit takes time
I think he's mostly referring to the fact that he hasn't posted much on here, so we don't really know if he even started. He could have forgotten about this for all we know.

if his partner hadnt started then he wouldnt have said "he is taking too long", we should at least give our opponents a week cap

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-11 23:41:35

my bad, he said his partner is taking too long, to come up with his idea

ill take advantage of the double post to say my partner has recently finished his first move and im working on mine

also, zovies: do we have to put our movies inside a movieclip?

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-12 04:23:40

At 4 hours ago, Sacros wrote: my bad, he said his partner is taking too long, to come up with his idea

ill take advantage of the double post to say my partner has recently finished his first move and im working on mine

I would love to see see the first move! Could heavyrain PM me the link to the .swf ?
No you dont have to put them in a movieclip

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-12 05:57:32

At 1 hour ago, ZoVies wrote:
At 4 hours ago, Sacros wrote: my bad, he said his partner is taking too long, to come up with his idea

I would love to see see the first move! Could heavyrain PM me the link to the .swf ?
No you dont have to put them in a movieclip

Oh and Sacros before I forget. You won't need to take the effort by searching for background music. Sounds will be nice but the music will be taken care of.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-12 11:54:53

IMPORTANT

I WANT EVERYBODY TO START WORKING ON HIS PART! THIS WEEK WILL BE THE START OF THIS COLLABORATION!

I don't want 10 people waiting at the end because 2 started later.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-12 13:06:20

OK. Can I use V-cam???

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-12 22:38:50

At 1 day ago, WumbleSea wrote: I don't want to sound like an asshole, But I pretty much second what lpfann2 said about his partner, I guess I'll play through with my partner for now but I'm not sure if he's of the same skill and he's taking very long to come up with his animation. Sorry for being brutally honest megadrivesonic

Sorry that I've been taking so long animation, I've haven't been able to get to the computer for a few days. I'll try to make this take less time though frame by frame animation can be annoying

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-13 06:42:20

At 10 hours ago, LazyAss23 wrote: I started animating my rough should be done by end of tonight.

can we see it? =D

im interested in if we can use the v-cam too, no big deal if we cant, i originally planned my animation so i dont need it but im thinking it would help it look cool

zovies: has my partner pmed his move? if not is there a problem if i post it here for everyone to see? regarding the music, i see there will be a single track throughout the entire collab, how will the song be selected? do we get to vote?

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-13 10:54:19

At 4 hours ago, Sacros wrote: im interested in if we can use the v-cam too, no big deal if we cant, i originally planned my animation so i dont need it but im thinking it would help it look cool

zovies: has my partner pmed his move? if not is there a problem if i post it here for everyone to see? regarding the music, i see there will be a single track throughout the entire collab, how will the song be selected? do we get to vote?

I searched on google what a v-cam is and I don't know if it will cause any trouble later so I prefer not using one
Unless you REALLY want to :P

The track will be made later.
It is just a soft kinda lobby/elevator music. I don't want any rock in it.

Yes your opponent has sent his part of the animation and I really like all the work I've seen from last week!
I hope you all make it look great! :)

TO EVERYONE:
IF YOU'VE FINISHED YOUR MOVE PLEASE SEND IT TO ME TOO! I WANNA SEE EVERYTHING!!!!! :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-13 11:51:33

At 52 minutes ago, ZoVies wrote:
The track will be made later.
It is just a soft kinda lobby/elevator music. I don't want any rock in it.

battle movies. elevator music. that cant be good, i dont want rock either but anything is better than elevator music, i dont know, anime fight music, anything

also, did i understand right? the music "will be made"? meaning someone will make custom music?

TO EVERYONE:
IF YOU'VE FINISHED YOUR MOVE PLEASE SEND IT TO ME TOO! I WANNA SEE EVERYTHING!!!!! :D

cant we all see them moves? :( i wanna see dem too

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-13 12:23:33

battle movies. elevator music. that cant be good, i dont want rock either but anything is better than elevator music, i dont know, anime fight music, anything

also, did i understand right? the music "will be made"? meaning someone will make custom music?

TO EVERYONE:

I agree, the music for a battle should be a bit more fast paced and energetic than elevator music. The music should vary between battles too, but i don't know if that is possible, and it's not for me to decide. And seeing everyone elses' work would be nice too :)

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-13 12:36:05

At 11 minutes ago, Energyrain wrote:

TO EVERYONE:
I agree, the music for a battle should be a bit more fast paced and energetic than elevator music. The music should vary between battles too, but i don't know if that is possible, and it's not for me to decide. And seeing everyone elses' work would be nice too :)

There are plenty of music composers in the audio portal that would gladly help out for co-authorization. But we shouldn't think about this now, only after we get the parts together

Writing songs for cigarettes and credit would be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-13 13:17:11

There are plenty of music composers in the audio portal that would gladly help out for co-authorization. But we shouldn't think about this now, only after we get the parts together

Agreed. :)

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-13 14:40:57

At 1 hour ago, Energyrain wrote:

Agreed. :)

I agree with everything everyone just said! :D
After we are all finished we will search for music(makers)

I don't want the parts on this forum but threw PM is good! :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-14 14:15:19

I don't storyboard anything, I just make it up as I go along. I can't speak fro megadrivesonic though who started the animation off.

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-14 16:03:29

At 15 minutes ago, lpfann2 wrote: well I'm talking more about introductions, like what did your characters do before fighting? How'd they meet? Why did they start fighting?

I still have some stuff choreographed and whatnot I'm just not sure about the beginning.

yhea, thats something we should think trhough

we cant have the viewer suddenly in the middle of an epileptic movement tornado so any fight scene would start at least with the opponents staring, right? the problem here is all our parts will be played together as a single movie in which case if we have an introduction to every fight it may get annoying...

then again, NOT having an introduction before every fight, even with the parts mashed up all togetherwill still look awkward. This is a problem that must be adressed...on the short run we can start with our moves and add the "introduction" later if needed, thats what our team is doing

ill share my ideas on this problem later since this post is already a textwall

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-14 16:25:38

Is this closed? Can people still join?
I would like to

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-14 19:23:52

At 1 hour ago, lpfann2 wrote: Hmmm, good points.

Maybe to avoid this kind of thing it could just not play as one big long movie, but instead just have a scene selection page with all the parts.

And Kei, yeah I think you can join, though you need a partner first. (Don't take my word for it though, wait for OP)

yhea, thats a possibility although as a viewer i hate that kind of collab and i think most do, maybe its just my personal opinion...if so speak up but id rather rule out that option

which leaves us seemingly without much choice, well, i have a couple of ideas for a solution:

1. fuck it, fuck quality, how bad can it be anyways? how much you say? awkward? *cover ears* i cant hear you, i dont care

2. we play every fight "introduction" at the begining and keep it a big happy movie

3. we can submit every fight to the portal separetly, bear with me, we can all have the same preloader and menu and have links to the other fights, kind of the marvel vs capcom thing the goodies pulled out some time ago

4. keep thinking

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-14 20:01:07

At 26 minutes ago, Sacros wrote:
At 1 hour ago, lpfann2 wrote: Hmmm, good points.

Maybe to avoid this kind of thing it could just not play as one big long movie, but instead just have a scene selection page with all the parts.

And Kei, yeah I think you can join, though you need a partner first. (Don't take my word for it though, wait for OP)
yhea, thats a possibility although as a viewer i hate that kind of collab and i think most do, maybe its just my personal opinion...if so speak up but id rather rule out that option

which leaves us seemingly without much choice, well, i have a couple of ideas for a solution:

1. fuck it, fuck quality, how bad can it be anyways? how much you say? awkward? *cover ears* i cant hear you, i dont care

2. we play every fight "introduction" at the begining and keep it a big happy movie

3. we can submit every fight to the portal separetly, bear with me, we can all have the same preloader and menu and have links to the other fights, kind of the marvel vs capcom thing the goodies pulled out some time ago

4. keep thinking

It doesn't NEED to have a story with an introduction but if you want an introduction, you make one. If you don't want an introduction, don't make one. Simple.
I will put every battle in a different scene. In the main menu I will put a button with "PLAY ALL" and a button with "SELECT BATTLE".

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-14 20:03:37

4. keep thinking

I don't see anything here that a simple skip button wouldn't solve. If an individual doesn't like watching a fight as it's playing, then he or she can skip it. I definitely don't think splitting the collab into separate submissions would be a good idea, although it sounds interesting, it wouldn't feel like a collab to me.

An idea for the introduction might be to show all the characters in a line across the screen for a menu. Then, after the person watching presses play, at the beginning of each fight they see an image of the two characters at a side portfolio staring down each other with a VS. in between them for a few moments, then the battle starts. We could also have a scene select as well.

keep up the good ideas guys

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-14 20:05:48

At 3 hours ago, KeiKuzco wrote: Is this closed? Can people still join?
I would like to

Depends on Ipfann2.
If he wants to battle me or you :)
So just show your character so Ipfann (and me) know what you can do.

PS.
No stickfigures/existing characters

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-14 21:27:14

At 1 hour ago, ZoVies wrote:
At 3 hours ago, KeiKuzco wrote: Is this closed? Can people still join?
I would like to
Depends on Ipfann2.
If he wants to battle me or you :)
So just show your character so Ipfann (and me) know what you can do.

PS.
No stickfigures/existing characters

There he goes, his name is Ricky G
I didnt think it would be see through :o

The Animation Battle (collab)

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 08:24:29

At 12 hours ago, EASTBEAST wrote:
I don't see anything here that a simple skip button wouldn't solve. If an individual doesn't like watching a fight as it's playing, then he or she can skip it.

maybe i havent stated the problem correctly (and you may not even percieve as a problem yourself, if so speak up)

the problem is having the characters fighting all of a sudden without some sort of introduction or somewhat still space before the movement turmoil a fight implicates would look bad and confuse the viewer

imagine you go to see a movie and as soon as you sit down the movie starts with a war scene, shit flying everywhere. composition-wise you need to introduce the viewer to a situation, specially if its shit moving too fast, thats why instead of the movie starting stright up with shit flying everywhere youd see something like a panoramic view saying "irak 2002, oil wars"

shit, my post walltext too fast, help me here lpfann, if even you dont understand where im coming from then by all means nevermind, a problem only happens if we agree its one

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 09:53:35

At 1 hour ago, Sacros wrote:
I don't see anything here that a simple skip button wouldn't solve. If an individual doesn't like watching a fight as it's playing, then he or she can skip it.
maybe i havent stated the problem correctly (and you may not even percieve as a problem yourself, if so speak up)

the problem is having the characters fighting all of a sudden without some sort of introduction or somewhat still space before the movement turmoil a fight implicates would look bad and confuse the viewer

imagine you go to see a movie and as soon as you sit down the movie starts with a war scene, shit flying everywhere. composition-wise you need to introduce the viewer to a situation, specially if its shit moving too fast, thats why instead of the movie starting stright up with shit flying everywhere youd see something like a panoramic view saying "irak 2002, oil wars"

shit, my post walltext too fast, help me here lpfann, if even you dont understand where im coming from then by all means nevermind, a problem only happens if we agree its one

Don't forget this collaboration is called "Animation Battle"
So it is logical that they fight.
And as I already said: If you want an introduction, make one. If you don't want one, don't make one.
If you would love to create a whole storyline you should do that and make a storyboard and all that shit
But remember that there is nothing wrong with the idea of two animators battling each other in a creative way :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 13:54:09

At 5 hours ago, Sacros wrote:

I know what you mean, there needs to be a mini storyline/plot to the fighting. make up a reason.
I see it I see it, and I also agree

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 13:56:28

At 1 minute ago, KeiKuzco wrote: I know what you mean, there needs to be a mini storyline/plot to the fighting. make up a reason.
I see it I see it, and I also agree

Just read the other posts, and sorry for the double post, idk how to edit my last one D:
YAY! I'm ready to fight, pass it when you're finished

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-15 21:32:13

No I see where you are coming from. To me it didn't seem like a problem before, because I thought they would just be randomly sequenced battles. but now that it has been mentioned a mini-story plot connecting everything might not be a bad idea. It would make the collab feel more complete and focused even.

A storyline might be that it is a fight to the death tournament between all the characters. Just one idea, feel free to pitch others

BBS Signature