00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Animation Battle (collab)

44,957 Views | 432 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-09 18:04:41

At 31 minutes ago, Sacros wrote: this be my character

i belive my opponent is the dude with the girl...the other one

That is correct!

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-09 18:42:36

At 1 hour ago, Sacros wrote: this be my character

Is that a ghost? Because my character has ghost based attacks. :O

By the way, I started animating my first attack.

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-09 18:56:06

Still going strong

Writing songs for cigarettes and credit would be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-09 18:57:16

At 4 minutes ago, heavyrain wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Sacros wrote: this be my character
Is that a ghost? Because my character has ghost based attacks. :O

it may be a pale flying midget, havent decided yet but probably a ghost yhea

By the way, I started animating my first attack.

kool, ill be looking forward to it, we should also discuss music and backgrounds, by the way, shouldnt our characters do something before suddenly attacking out of nowhere? i mean, as a vewer id be thoroughly confused

also, my character is inmortal, evar, the only way to kill it is sex or money

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-09 19:00:15

At 18 hours ago, lpfann2 wrote: Alright, finally got a character. He doesn't have a name but I don't know if that matters, I'll think one up later but it's 12 so...i'm going to go sleep.

Electric powers, has a generator on his back, is an android or robot..or something like that.

Boom.

Looks good! If you want you can make the first move.

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-09 19:08:45

At 12 minutes ago, EASTBEAST wrote: Still going strong

is she masturbating? really?

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-09 19:10:19

kool, ill be looking forward to it, we should also discuss music and backgrounds, by the way, shouldnt our characters do something before suddenly attacking out of nowhere? i mean, as a vewer id be thoroughly confused

Dude no sex in this collab.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-09 19:52:57

At 41 minutes ago, ZoVies wrote:
Dude no sex in this collab.

great, that only makes my character stronger

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-09 20:28:32

At 1 hour ago, Sacros wrote: shouldnt our characters do something before suddenly attacking out of nowhere?

I thought this as well.

we should also discuss music and backgrounds, by the way,

Yeah. We should probably continue further discussion through PMs as to not spam up the thread.

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-09 21:29:44

At 2 hours ago, Sacros wrote:

Sorry, she's not your mom. But no I really should rethink the placement of that hand

Also, spamming is good for collaboration in my opinion, as long as its somewhat relevant

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-09 22:44:32

I mean, it's all up to the collab leader whether or not you can stay in, I'm not trying to say you're out. But I think you should be paired up with someone a little more at your level, so sorry but, I don't think I want to battle you.

If there is anyone else without a partner I'll take them, I believe Monsieur-monsieur is free?

It's okay. I understand.
Is there anybody who would be willing to partner with me?
I don't want my drawing of my character to go to waste.....

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 08:31:57

At 10 hours ago, EASTBEAST wrote:
Sorry, she's not your mom. But no I really should rethink the placement of that hand

Also, spamming is good for collaboration in my opinion, as long as its somewhat relevant

i know you are trying to play the cool guy but try to excercise some respect, youve already called zovie a niger and i normaly wouldnt mind but since we have to coexist ill politely ask you to lower the attitude a few notches because its really annoying

lets keep discussing our parts via PM and eventually inform the others how stuff is progressing here on the thread, bumping is good but this will get messy real fast otherwise, so ill be waiting for your PM heavy

also is there a limit on the duration of each part? im kind of worried about that, also is it safe to assume the specs and fps havent changed?

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 08:48:02

At 6 minutes ago, Sacros wrote:
At 10 hours ago, EASTBEAST wrote:

i know you are trying to play the cool guy but try to excercise some respect, youve already called zovie a niger and i normaly wouldnt mind but since we have to coexist ill politely ask you to lower the attitude a few notches because its really annoying

I'll ask you the same respect to contain adolescent comments about people's entries "masturbating," or making your creature have sex as a weakness. I enjoy light-hearted banter between me and other entries so far, it makes the project fun and people get it. but the stuff you are pulling is neither constructive nor couth. I agree we should co-extist

lets keep discussing our parts via PM and eventually inform the others how stuff is progressing here on the thread, bumping is good but this will get messy real fast otherwise, so ill be waiting for your PM heavy

also is there a limit on the duration of each part? im kind of worried about that, also is it safe to assume the specs and fps havent changed?

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 10:02:41

so you actually got your feelins hurt when i jokingly pointed the placement of the hand on your character looked like masturbation? and you deliberately insulted my mom? that sounds far fetched and a bad excuse for being an asshole and having an attitude, if you dont find something funny you dont insult someones mother and call him "adolscent", also you have this disgusting persona everytime with everyone so you cant say im the problem

but please lets drop the matter, im prepeared to leave the collab as soon as you start antogonizing with me, really, im in no mood to put up with bullshit so lets be gentlemen, you already seem to understand where im coming from and you already seem to have dropped the attitude and for that im thankful, you seem like a smart dude, lets keep it like that

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 10:48:45

At 30 minutes ago, Sacros wrote: so you actually got your feelins hurt when i jokingly pointed the placement of the hand on your character looked like masturbation? and you deliberately insulted my mom? that sounds far fetched and a bad excuse for being an asshole and having an attitude, if you dont find something funny you dont insult someones mother and call him "adolscent", also you have this disgusting persona everytime with everyone so you cant say im the problem

but please lets drop the matter, im prepeared to leave the collab as soon as you start antogonizing with me, really, im in no mood to put up with bullshit so lets be gentlemen, you already seem to understand where im coming from and you already seem to have dropped the attitude and for that im thankful, you seem like a smart dude, lets keep it like that

Points are clear- I don't think we could really take this any further, even if we were 10 years younger. I appreciate it that you'd like to drop this- next time you would like to "jokingly point-out something" please clarify it is a joke with some sentiment of a laugh. My reference to your mother was only joke as well, not an emotional response, but you see how the context can be ambiguous through text? haha If you don't like something about me personality wise, tough crackers. I'm not changing for you. But I'm not here to act like an asshole, so if something I said bothers you, let me know via pm. I'd be glad to talk to you about it there.

enough of this please, on the forums at least, you seem like a smart chap as well.

esty

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 12:18:52

Is there anybody without a partner that would be willing to battle me?

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 14:48:30

At 2 hours ago, dangoval95 wrote: Is there anybody without a partner that would be willing to battle me?

Ha! Great response after those negative gentlemen words above you :D
We should probably try to get two more joiners for you and Ipfann2. Or at least one.
Otherwise I will just battle one of you?
After this problem is fixed I will post a new list of members and hope everybody is happy.

To EASTBEAST and Sacros:
I agree you two should not discus this on this forum any longer.
I know you're both working on your part and we agreed to
discus with your opponent threw PM of Skype.
And than you guys won't need to speak to each other anyway. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 14:58:02

OhOhOh can I join ?

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 16:26:29

At 1 hour ago, MihaP wrote: OhOhOh can I join ?

Sure! Since I already finished 1st my part with lazyass23 I can do a second. Would I be able to use the same character Zovies or would you prefer me to make a different one?

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 16:55:48

At 28 minutes ago, EASTBEAST wrote:
Sure! Since I already finished 1st my part with lazyass23 I can do a second. Would I be able to use the same character Zovies or would you prefer me to make a different one?

No MihaP will be the opponent of dangoval95

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 17:34:26

At 34 minutes ago, ZoVies wrote:
At 28 minutes ago, EASTBEAST wrote:

Okay, so dangoval95 has an opponent now? Glad we got that cleared up :)
So Zovies, are you attacking me first? Or do you want me to attack first?

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 18:30:34

At 54 minutes ago, Energyrain wrote:

I am working on my first move already :) I will send it in a PM when I'm done.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 18:31:02

no way, im suing him (its a joke, no need to insult my mom this time. am i clear enough this is a joke?)

anyways, im worried about the finished product lenght, we are, what? 7 teams? say each team makes a minute of material, we would have an 7 minute long movie and thats way too much, i suggest a maximum of 40 seconds per piece so 7 teams would make a watchable ammount of 4 mins 40 seconds, maybe its still too much? perhaps we should go with 30 seconds each? zovies?

if my opponent partner is reading this: im expecting your pm

ama gon chill

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 19:13:03

At 39 minutes ago, Sacros wrote: no way, im suing him (its a joke, no need to insult my mom this time. am i clear enough this is a joke?)

anyways, im worried about the finished product lenght, we are, what? 7 teams? say each team makes a minute of material, we would have an 7 minute long movie and thats way too much, i suggest a maximum of 40 seconds per piece so 7 teams would make a watchable ammount of 4 mins 40 seconds, maybe its still too much? perhaps we should go with 30 seconds each? zovies?

if my opponent partner is reading this: im expecting your pm

Nah I think it's very hard to make a very long part. It must be action so everything will be short.
The limit of each movie must be in 2 minutes or else it will get bored. A little bit more or a little bit less is no problem of course.

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 19:16:50

At 12 minutes ago, LazyAss23 wrote: Yo yo yo my def and atttack should be done some point probably by thursday night probs earlier

How many back and forths should we have Zovies? My first attack is 9 sec long, after his defense/attack hopefully I'll have another /defense attack... then we will probably be around the 30 second mark.. so as long as it is under 40 it should be good?

no way, im suing him (its a joke, no need to insult my mom this time. am i clear enough this is a joke?)

I think I get your sense of humor now xD But Phoenix Wright will be my lawyer

(haha)

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-10 20:07:42

Thanks so much you guys.
MihaP, can you make a character by the next couple days?

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-11 08:58:44

THE GREAT LIST OF MEMBERS

ZoVies VS Energyrain
EASTBEAST VS LazyAss23
dangoval95 VS MihaP
Ipfann2 VS Monsieur-monsieur
Sacros VS heavyrain
WumbleSea VS Megadrivesonic

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-11 09:14:06

At 12 hours ago, dangoval95 wrote:
Thanks so much you guys.
MihaP, can you make a character by the next couple days?

Here is mine. Will you attack first?

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-11 11:49:40

Sensei, WHY!?!?!?!

BBS Signature

Response to The Animation Battle (collab) 2012-03-11 11:51:32

At 1 minute ago, EASTBEAST wrote:

Sensei, WHY!?!?!?!

I love the old man btw

BBS Signature