00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

School Shooting in Ohio

2,602 Views | 36 Replies

School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 12:42:55

From the linked article:

Five students were shot when a gunman opened fire at an Ohio high school Monday morning, authorities reported. The gunman was quickly taken into custody.

The shooter was apparently chased from the building and surrendered, Geauga County Sheriff Dan McClelland told reporters in a televised news conference outside Chardon High School about 30 miles east of Cleveland.

Article in question

First shooting of 2012 that I'm aware of at a school, I hope this isn't a trending thing as it seems to be in the last 4 years.

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 12:49:19

At 29 seconds ago, MikeyS9607 wrote:
Oh no! We must censor violence all over the INTERNET because it's the INTERNET'S fault for the violence and not bullying.

I think you've misinterpreted the way I'm using trending, it's not a reference to twitter.

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 12:49:57

At 40 seconds ago, MikeyS9607 wrote: Oh no! We must censor violence all over the INTERNET because it's the INTERNET'S fault for the violence and not bullying.

And video games - don't forget about video games!

Oh won't somebody please think about the children?!

School Shooting in Ohio

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 12:58:39

At 2 minutes ago, mandog15 wrote:
At A few seconds ago, Timmy wrote:
At 40 seconds ago, MikeyS9607 wrote: Oh no! We must censor violence all over the INTERNET because it's the INTERNET'S fault for the violence and not bullying.
And video games - don't forget about video games!

Oh won't somebody please think about the children?!
Hey timmy long time no see huh?

Hi mandog15!

And if its true that the school shooting was over a stupid rivalry, that is ridiculous. I really hope it doesn't start a movement to downplay school rivalries across the nation, as I really enjoyed that aspect in highschool.

It makes sports events that much more exciting.

that's right LaSalle and O'Hara - I'm still gunning for you.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 13:10:29

I sure hope that Diantdouche, SardonicSamurai, Travis, and the other users from Ohio are okay.

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 13:17:21

I heard ZJ masterminded it all.

None

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 13:24:58

At 5 minutes ago, Luis wrote: I heard ZJ masterminded it all.

Leave this thread authorities have been contacted.

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 13:31:19

At 5 minutes ago, Austerity wrote: School shooters are getting lamer and lamer these days.

The first school shooting was interesting.
Every subsequent one is not.
*drinks chocolate milk*

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 13:34:40

At A few seconds ago, Austerity wrote: According to the updated news, one person died.

Is that it? This has to be the most pathetic school shooting there has been.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 14:42:46

LoL gun free zones

School Shooting in Ohio

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 17:53:58

At 58 seconds ago, Austerity wrote: This is the dumbass who shot up the school. It looks like some moron who wasn't even bullied and just wanted to prove he was hardcore.

The kid was deemed emotionally unstable and went to another school. However he is pretty retarded, as he had loads of rounds and only hit 5 people. However the one he killed, he shot 5 times.

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 17:56:42

Only 5 shot?

Pussy.

But yeah that's sad and stuff

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 17:58:38

At 5 minutes ago, Austerity wrote: This is the dumbass who shot up the school. It looks like some moron who wasn't even bullied and just wanted to prove he was hardcore.

Am I crazy or did he photoshop himself into a picture of the forest?

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 18:10:44

Kids these days. Am I right? Anyways, this thread will probably dissolve into some kind of debate later so I'll get my thoughts in before the idiocy sinks in.

The details are sparce on this article and video but from what I understand this boy just walked up into Chardon High and started shooting, was it a targeted incident? I haven't a clue, it says he walked into the cafeteria and just started shooting so I'm guessing not. It's a shame that that kid is that fucked up though.

What does this say about Gun Laws? I'm an adamant advocator of the second amendment and I don't wish to restrict people from being able to protect themselves. But look how easily kids get there grubby hands on guns these days. I know it's probably impossible to fully regulate because once a gun is purchased, no one has control over where it goes and whose hands it goes into, however I wish something could be done about it that didn't require restricting people's rights to bear arms. It's tricky as hell.

Well, that's my two cents.

I originally wrote this a few minutes ago but my internet dudded out so sorry.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 18:33:38

He only injured 5 people. What an amateur.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 19:08:59

At 1 hour ago, Austerity wrote: This is the dumbass who shot up the school. It looks like some moron who wasn't even bullied and just wanted to prove he was hardcore.

He looks like a damn twig, I surprised he can take any recoil from the firearms.

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 19:42:03

At 6 hours ago, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Five students were shot when a gunman opened fire

OH NO, I knew this day would come, why...

at an Ohio high school...about 30 miles east of Cleveland.

Oh, a HIGHSCHOOL. Whew, that's a relief. For a second there, I thought that ZJ finally snapped, found a weapon in his ceiling, and went off on his school mates starting on his douchebag roommate.

Still a sad story... :(

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 20:21:55

What the fuck is with all this violence???

You know what? We need to stop all of this madness. That's right. US Newgrounders and no one else. We need to take a stand! Because it's our place dammit! IT'S OUR PLACE TO STOP ALL THIS FUCKING MADNESS!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 20:33:53

True, but weird, story that happened at the college I attend last week: Apparently, some lady last week decided it was ok to call in a bomb threat to my College. According to the news, she couldn't find a babysitter, and was also afraid of a test that day, so she called in a bomb threat. The police eventually traced her phone line back to her and arrested her on the spot

Some people are just plain stupid.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 20:36:11

Anyone who brings a gun into a public place and starts shooting is a fucking pussy. No exceptions. I don't care whether he was bullied or not.

"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed." - Charlie Chaplin

"The Broken Window"

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 20:50:41

At 6 hours ago, Phantox wrote: LoL gun free zones

Works pretty well in Europe, to be honest, where they have lower gun crime rates and lower death rates from gun crime.

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 21:05:55

At 3 hours ago, Austerity wrote: This is the dumbass who shot up the school. It looks like some moron who wasn't even bullied and just wanted to prove he was hardcore.

Dickneck? Is that you?

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 21:20:30

At 9 minutes ago, MiloBased wrote:
At 34 minutes ago, BubblyMac wrote: Anyone who brings a gun into a public place and starts shooting is a fucking pussy. No exceptions. I don't care whether he was bullied or not.
you just mad because you ain't got the balls to tote that choppa. i'd like to see you get the guts and start blastin fools knowing you goin away fa life.

I'm so jelly.

"The Broken Window"

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 21:26:21

At 10 minutes ago, tyler2513 wrote: I can just tell Foster The People is going to pay for this somehow for their song "Pumped Up Kicks".

Oh god I laughed far harder than I rightfully should have.

But on a serious note, my school had a shooting the start of the 2010-2011 school year and it's no real laughing matter. The shooter lived a block down the road from my house and planted bombs all through the school and had a few pistols on him. He had an albeit well formulated plan about it. He wanted to kill the SRO first to get his pistol and ammunition and then go to town on the students. He got one round out on the officer, and missed, then was tackled to the ground.

If there's someone who fails miserably at gun massacre, it's THIS kid.

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 21:36:01

At 44 minutes ago, Bolo wrote:
At 6 hours ago, Phantox wrote: LoL gun free zones
Works pretty well in Europe, to be honest, where they have lower gun crime rates and lower death rates from gun crime.

Don't they have problems with knife crimes in parts of Europe though?

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 21:36:13

At 22 minutes ago, tyler2513 wrote: I can just tell Foster The People is going to pay for this somehow for their song "Pumped Up Kicks".

It would be if 9/10 of the people who listen to it actually knew what the words were saying.

"The Broken Window"

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 23:36:16

At 2 hours ago, BubblyMac wrote:
At 9 minutes ago, MiloBased wrote:
At 34 minutes ago, BubblyMac wrote: Anyone who brings a gun into a public place and starts shooting is a fucking pussy. No exceptions. I don't care whether he was bullied or not.

Incoming curve ball here, let's say that some cops come into a public place to stop some drug-crazed maniac from doing whatever dastardly deed he/she thinks up against whoever, they come in guns up, and then unload on said maniac charging at them full speed. Would you call those cops a pussy? I highly doubt that.

Checkmate.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 23:44:06

They can plant a demolition charge instead of shooting. Why are they so unoriginal?

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 23:48:57

At 9 minutes ago, orangebomb wrote: Incoming curve ball here, let's say that some cops come into a public place to stop some drug-crazed maniac from doing whatever dastardly deed he/she thinks up against whoever, they come in guns up, and then unload on said maniac charging at them full speed. Would you call those cops a pussy? I highly doubt that.

Checkmate.

But...they're...it does'nt....

School Shooting in Ohio

"The Broken Window"

BBS Signature

Response to School Shooting in Ohio 2012-02-27 23:53:41

I love a good school shooting, especially since everyone flips their shit for the next couple of weeks. Especially when a memorial page goes up and I can go on /b/ and troll