Be a Supporter!

Iran should have atomic weapons

  • 4,464 Views
  • 105 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-09 14:08:09 Reply

At 4/8/12 11:00 PM, Creek wrote:
At 4/8/12 04:27 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Creek, take your hippy shit somewhere else.
You don't know me buddy. This isn't Hippie shit I'm the toughest person who is a good guy you would ever meet.

sure you are champ. now don't you have a little protest to go to with your tie-dye friends?

Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-09 18:34:59 Reply

At 3/31/12 05:07 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: wonderful a hand slap

It's still more than what the US does.

which 70% of the time is disputed on Israeli-arab situation and look how thats going I once had the source for that but I lost it. all the general assembly is who has the bigger dick or which group of countries can gang up on another group.

Hahaha yah doubt it. What other group unites nations in a Coalition against people who commit crimes against humanity? Oh that's right; none.

right in the 80s and 90s in africa during all those civil wars Peace keeping forces went in got there ASSES Handed to them and the local government hired Private military contractors to get rid of the rebels and they did with minimal casualties.

Erm no, first they hired private military contractors, but then they became too poor to keep them and so the UN filled the void. And then the UN handled the situation with professional precision like in Liberia and Sierra Leone. In Somalia the UN did get owned, but private military contractors haven't done much better either and are only now making significant gains through years of fighting, troops from Ethiopia, Uganda and Kenya have been coming in and even supporting their own regions, but again that's not because they're incompentent it's because the Al-Shaqqib are too powerful.

and the International Criminal Court only applies to countries who Signed the Roman Statute of the International Criminal Court which not even have of the Worlds countries have signed. (not even the US)

That's because they have their own system which they choose to apply. Also who got the Bosnian, German and Rwandan war criminals convicted? Oh that's right, the UN.

True the UN has times where it failed, but to say it does nothing marks your compete ignorance of the organization.
has try? more like most of the time look at the effectiveness of there africa mission

Oh, because ending the killing in Cambodia, preserving the sovereignty of South Korea, Kuwait, Kosovo, Bosnia, East Timor and South Sudan and deposing evil and corrupt leaders like Gaddaffi are total failures.

Iran is still alright I monitor a iranian forum board with over 10K members and apparently the Iranian is still fine.

Forum's only provide a very small portion of the actual people. This is because the vast majority are doing other things, even people who are interested in politics. Thus the people in it are usually people who play video games or like computers, those tend to be sheltered middle-upper class liberals. Yes there are exceptions, but the people you meet online will just tend to be that category.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-09 20:37:24 Reply

At 4/9/12 06:34 PM, Warforger wrote:
Erm no, first they hired private military contractors, but then they became too poor to keep them and so the UN filled the void. And then the UN handled the situation with professional precision like in Liberia and Sierra Leone. In Somalia the UN did get owned, but private military contractors haven't done much better either and are only now making significant gains through years of fighting, troops from Ethiopia, Uganda and Kenya have been coming in and even supporting their own regions, but again that's not because they're incompentent it's because the Al-Shaqqib are too powerful.

no a treaty was brokered and from under the pressure of the US and UN they were orderd to Terminate the contract and peace keeping forces came in and were decimated due to their strict ROE on when to fire (which is pretty damn strict even if your being fired upon), the UN tried containing it but failed and the government rehired EO to deal with them.

unless if were talking about the 90s border wars in south africa which im using as an example woops.

and the International Criminal Court only applies to countries who Signed the Roman Statute of the International Criminal Court which not even have of the Worlds countries have signed. (not even the US)
That's because they have their own system which they choose to apply. Also who got the Bosnian, German and Rwandan war criminals convicted? Oh that's right, the UN.

True the UN has times where it failed, but to say it does nothing marks your compete ignorance of the organization.
has try? more like most of the time look at the effectiveness of there africa mission

right tens of thousands if not hundreds still die. and the food drops get sent to the government to distribution its redirected to that governments Elite, or worst case scenarios anti-government or terrorist orgainizations.


Oh, because ending the killing in Cambodia, preserving the sovereignty of South Korea, Kuwait, Kosovo, Bosnia, East Timor and South Sudan and deposing evil and corrupt leaders like Gaddaffi are total failures.

most led by the US

Iran is still alright I monitor a iranian forum board with over 10K members and apparently the Iranian is still fine.
Forum's only provide a very small portion of the actual people. This is because the vast majority are doing other things, even people who are interested in politics. Thus the people in it are usually people who play video games or like computers, those tend to be sheltered middle-upper class liberals. Yes there are exceptions, but the people you meet online will just tend to be that category.

maybe but you should see the Iranian new stories that get posted from local iranian and middle eastern sources. pretty interesting and very anti-western

ClickToPlay
ClickToPlay
  • Member since: Jan. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-10 01:14:08 Reply

At 4/9/12 08:37 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:

maybe but you should see the Iranian new stories that get posted from local iranian and middle eastern sources. pretty interesting and very anti-western

Same thing with most American forums, and newspapers; almost all anti-Iran, what's your point?


All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-10 01:39:59 Reply

At 4/10/12 01:14 AM, ClickToPlay wrote: Same thing with most American forums, and newspapers; almost all anti-Iran, what's your point?

good reason, with nuclear ambition, supporting terrorist organizations like hezbollah, Hamas, anti-western forces. rigging elections there poor human rights record.

ClickToPlay
ClickToPlay
  • Member since: Jan. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-10 03:02:15 Reply

At 4/10/12 01:39 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 4/10/12 01:14 AM, ClickToPlay wrote: Same thing with most American forums, and newspapers; almost all anti-Iran, what's your point?
good reason, with nuclear ambition, supporting terrorist organizations like hezbollah, Hamas, anti-western forces. rigging elections there poor human rights record.

America has nuclear capability, they have supported, and continue to support many "terrorist" organizations worldwide, one of them being your mortal 'enemies' the Taliban, and also impose a very subtly form of nepotism in their politics, not to mention the deterioration of the health care system, and a lot of innocent blood on their hand, and if your reason is war, then don't bother giving me an answer for the last one.


All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature
Shaggytheclown17
Shaggytheclown17
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-10 09:28:21 Reply

At 2/26/12 11:04 PM, Cootie wrote:
The truth is that no country in this world would dare use nuclear weapons anymore. It is common sense that doing so would be a disaster and even the most evil of leaders know this.

You have forgotten that there are such people who don't care about their own lives and would kill themselves in order to take down as many people as possible, why not give nuclear weapons to mental institutions and let them decide if they want to fire a few off.


BBS Signature
SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-10 12:26:54 Reply

At 4/10/12 09:28 AM, Shaggytheclown17 wrote: You have forgotten that there are such people who don't care about their own lives and would kill themselves in order to take down as many people as possible, why not give nuclear weapons to mental institutions and let them decide if they want to fire a few off.

meh, i'm still not convinced the people in charge of most terrorist groups love/fear god as much as they claim.

now wealth and power... thats a whole different thing.

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-10 12:40:49 Reply

At 4/10/12 09:28 AM, Shaggytheclown17 wrote:
At 2/26/12 11:04 PM, Cootie wrote:
The truth is that no country in this world would dare use nuclear weapons anymore. It is common sense that doing so would be a disaster and even the most evil of leaders know this.
You have forgotten that there are such people who don't care about their own lives and would kill themselves in order to take down as many people as possible, why not give nuclear weapons to mental institutions and let them decide if they want to fire a few off.

World leaders are most definitely concerned for their lives. The people who would give their lives to kill others are the low level terrorist foot soldiers who have nothing left to live for. The government of a nation isn't going to come to the consensus that they should sacrifice their lives and the lives of all the civilians around them just do kill people in another country. That's ridiculous. You're probably under the impression that people in countries like Iran care more about killing Americans and Israelis than they do about their own lives. What type of news have you been watching?


The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-10 17:04:36 Reply

At 4/10/12 03:02 AM, ClickToPlay wrote: America has nuclear capability, they have supported, and continue to support many "terrorist" organizations worldwide, one of them being your mortal 'enemies' the Taliban

I admit we did help them during the cold war when the Soviets were invading Afgahnistan, by giving them Stinger missles, then-Modern assault rifles and training by CIA-SAD.

and also impose a very subtly form of nepotism in their politics, not to mention the deterioration of the health care system, and a lot of innocent blood on their hand, and if your reason is war, then don't bother giving me an answer for the last one.

The health care system crashed itself due to the recession in 08, the government should have no say in health care unless regulations for medicine and operating procedures for health not how the billing system because new treatments and medicine costs so much.

EisUndStahl
EisUndStahl
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-12 05:07:58 Reply

Would you really trust Islamic Psychos with Nukes?

TucoM
TucoM
  • Member since: May. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-12 06:18:35 Reply

At 4/12/12 05:07 AM, EisUndStahl wrote: Would you really trust Islamic Psychos with Nukes?

About as much as I trust drunken psychotics with automatic weapons.


BBS Signature
SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-12 11:31:21 Reply

At 4/12/12 06:18 AM, TucoM wrote:
At 4/12/12 05:07 AM, EisUndStahl wrote: Would you really trust Islamic Psychos with Nukes?
About as much as I trust drunken psychotics with automatic weapons.

but we let drunk communists play with them for 50 years.


VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
TucoM
TucoM
  • Member since: May. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-12 21:59:59 Reply

At 4/12/12 11:31 AM, SolInvictus wrote:
but we let drunk communists play with them for 50 years.

The Soviets, as bad as we make them out to be, were actually sane. During the Cuban missile crises, Nikita Khrushchev asked one of his advisers what would be the amount of Soviet casualties after a nuclear exchange with the US. He literally turned white as a ghost when he heard the answer......"A thousand Stalingrads!". His negotiations became more amenable after that.


BBS Signature
stinkychops
stinkychops
  • Member since: Sep. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-13 05:07:29 Reply

Pretty keen for a nuclear arms race in the middle east.

What could go wrong?


/thread

SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Iran should have atomic weapons 2012-04-13 13:29:45 Reply

At 4/12/12 09:59 PM, TucoM wrote: Nikita Khrushchev

i counter your single sane communist with a single sane Iranian...

they do exist, right?

but on a more serious note, the whole image of Iranian religious fanaticism is a carbon copy of the communist fanaticism, with an Allah shaped printing error, we were supposed to expect from the Soviets and bloc countries. not sure i would classify any of it as particularly insane either; the whole act scary and acquire big boom is pretty commonplace for those looking for land and influence.

though i do wonder if their being weaker might swing things more towards a hot war than another cold war.
...but who would start it? this is starting to sound like betting time

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature