Be a Supporter!

Why don't you live in Canada?

  • 1,173 Views
  • 68 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheLukeinator
TheLukeinator
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 10:31 PM Reply

... I live in Canada, therefore your question is unanswerable.


"Don't worry honey, I won't fall asleep on the toilet." - Elvis Presley

Drake
Drake
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Audiophile
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 10:33 PM Reply

Because I am unfortunate enough to not have any money to purchase a living space in the land of Canada, nor am I of legal age to do so yet.

Although I hadn't really thought about it even though it has sounded like a good place to live for a few years...
STEM
STEM
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 10:33 PM Reply

Kind of scary how manufactured the comical and arrogant hate against Canada has become in America. It's one of the nicest places to live, free health care, every fuckin Canadian is nice...it's worrisome when a person bashes Canada to great extremes and can't pinpoint an actual reason worthy of debate. I've always seen it as jealousy.


[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 18 minutes ago, JBKalso wrote: Because they bore me and there's something just not quite right about them.

I WOULD go live in Canada, but I wouldn't want to go over there with no job to go into first. I also don't feel like the huge hassle of changing my country identitiy etc. though as much as I do like being English, to be honest, I don't think I really care for staying in here my whole life maybe a nice country like Canada might be a good option for the future.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 10:36 PM Reply

Because it's boring.


Signature made by Squidbit <3
Also known as MissAllanPoe
BOOP | Wonna Buy A Ghost? | DUCKSPIN

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 10:42 PM Reply

1. I live in Minnesota/North Dakota so its practically Canada
2. the Firearms laws are stupid as hell
3. use metric no thanks
4. cost of living there is a little bit more
5. taxes for dumbest things (US has it to)
6 the cost and taxes on alcohol is to fucking high
7. hospital waits are to long
8 Canada is practically france especially quebec
9. I don't want to live in a country that probably can't defend itself
10. I like living in a place where everyday you hear something new.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 10:46 PM Reply

At 9 minutes ago, STEM wrote: Kind of scary how manufactured the comical and arrogant hate against Canada has become in America. It's one of the nicest places to live, free health care, every fuckin Canadian is nice...it's worrisome when a person bashes Canada to great extremes and can't pinpoint an actual reason worthy of debate. I've always seen it as jealousy.

I prefer the lower cost of living and actually having our own military be the deterrent for an attack on the country, and not the neighboring one. Plus, fuck the weather. Washington is bad enough as it is


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 10:51 PM Reply

It's the 4th coldest place on earth...

plus seagull's feces-rain...

and polar bear... (I hate 'em)

tundras...

sissy immigrants...

No one wants to be there... Ooops, I'm already there!

Money business only, apparently...

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 10:51 PM Reply

Because I like living in a country that allows me to protect myself instead of expecting me to rely on the police like some weakling. Knives and guns man.

Why don't you live in Canada?


Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 10:55 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, FairSquare wrote: Because i already live in Holland.

oh god, I'm so sorry.
Anyways, I kind of want to live in Canada for a bit, it does seem nice despite what my other half of me thinks.
But I don't want to leave my family.


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Autri
Autri
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 11:04 PM Reply

Ah damn I wish I lived in Canada. As soon as I turn 18 I'm packin up all my shit and moving to Canada. But I'll prolly bring my mum too 'cause she's kinda cool...she plays COD with me.


­Pastrami.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 11:08 PM Reply

At 14 minutes ago, LocoJoe wrote: Because I like living in a country that allows me to protect myself instead of expecting me to rely on the police like some weakling. Knives and guns man.

agreed immensely, if someone comes into my house and tries robbing me I have full rights to take my rifle or shotgun and eliminating the threat.

Mz-frost95-fr
Mz-frost95-fr
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 11:15 PM Reply

I live in Canada. incredible country. <3
I like how it's multicultural.

STEM
STEM
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: agreed immensely, if someone comes into my house and tries robbing me I have full rights to take my rifle or shotgun and eliminating the threat.

To be fair, that's highly dependent on the state you live in, due to castle doctrine laws. In New york, I cannot kill or severely injure someone who is merely robbing my TV, as my life is not in danger - that would be me risking a civil lawsuit


[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 11:24 PM Reply

Because I <3 the Stars and Stripes, and I can get both Rush albums, and ICE (sparkling fruit water) in this beautiful country. Also, one of my canadian friends has moved to the states, and another one wants to. Its a beautiful thing really.


BBS Signature
LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 26th, 2012 @ 11:38 PM Reply

At 16 minutes ago, STEM wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: agreed immensely, if someone comes into my house and tries robbing me I have full rights to take my rifle or shotgun and eliminating the threat.
To be fair, that's highly dependent on the state you live in, due to castle doctrine laws. In New york, I cannot kill or severely injure someone who is merely robbing my TV, as my life is not in danger - that would be me risking a civil lawsuit

Damn hippies with their laws. Texas has the stand your ground law. I can legally kill someone trying to break into my house.


Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 12:45 AM Reply

At 3 hours ago, FurryFox wrote:
So tell me why you don't live in this awesome place called Canada?

I live in Minnesota. Too fucking cold here. I hate it here. I live close enough to Canada.

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 12:59 AM Reply

At 1 minute ago, Xyphon202 wrote: Everyone's reasons for not living in Canada are pretty terrible so far. The best reason I've seen is "hospital waits are too long", which isn't a big deal considering they are also free.

Here's a reason: Because it's Canada.

It's. Fucking. Canada.


I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 02:33 AM Reply

Because it's cold as fuck and shit cost more in Canada so yeah USA for life.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 03:56 AM Reply

At 4 hours ago, STEM wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: agreed immensely, if someone comes into my house and tries robbing me I have full rights to take my rifle or shotgun and eliminating the threat.
To be fair, that's highly dependent on the state you live in, due to castle doctrine laws. In New york, I cannot kill or severely injure someone who is merely robbing my TV, as my life is not in danger - that would be me risking a civil lawsuit

Castle laws have loop holes if your household is being robbed and you say your felt your life was in danger you can shoot

FurryFox
FurryFox
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 04:20 AM Reply

At 20 minutes ago, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
Castle laws have loop holes if your household is being robbed and you say your felt your life was in danger you can shoot

So let me gets this straight. If someone broke into your house just to steal your TV you would shot first and not think twice about it? You're really fucking civil you know that.

JBKalso
JBKalso
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 04:30 AM Reply

At 6 minutes ago, FurryFox wrote:
So let me gets this straight. If someone broke into your house just to steal your TV you would shot first and not think twice about it? You're really fucking civil you know that.

What you should do is make then aware of you and your gubs presence. But then again in the confusion and fear of the moment I may or may not shoot the person. But Id aim low toward the legs.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool."-FurryFox
This is a temporary account. see JBK
Groups: Gay/Bi Users, Last.fmClub

BBS Signature
davisev5225
davisev5225
  • Member since: Dec. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 10:11 AM Reply

At 13 hours ago, FurryFox wrote: So tell me why you don't live in this awesome place called Canada?

You already listed the biggest reason why no one wants to live in Canada.

At 13 hours ago, FurryFox wrote: We got hockey!!

-Eulif Davis-

CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 10:36 AM Reply

Because money.


BBS Signature
Jacco
Jacco
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 10:43 AM Reply

Went on vacation to both Canada and the US, and I have to say: I would rather live in Canada. The people are more friendly and the nature is amazing.


BBS Signature
ash
ash
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 10:47 AM Reply

but... i do!


BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 10:51 AM Reply

I want to move to SW BC & I'm from the UK.


​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
TehPoptartKid
TehPoptartKid
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 12:17 PM Reply

My parents and grandparents are Canadian, all my relatives are Canadian, and I'm half Canadian. I was born in CA. Anyway, I want to move to Canada, I prefer living in Nanaimo for sure, so moving out is a possibility in the future.


BBS Signature
FrozenSheep
FrozenSheep
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Animator
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 12:18 PM Reply

Well first off I do live in Canada.

That's the joke.
killerjeff
killerjeff
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Why don't you live in Canada? Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 12:18 PM Reply

I heard Canada is cold around winter time.


BBS Signature