New Topic Respond to this Topic
Hoboweasel
Hoboweasel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 10:37 AM Reply

At 5 hours ago, Spaghetti14 wrote: SO. The big news of this post is... I'm allowing people who have already submitted an approved piece to sign up for a 2nd emoticon, assuming that that emoticon is free. Some of you already thought this, so I guess it's not that big of news, but just in case!

That sounds cool. I'd like to do another, but I'd rather work on the one I already have... If I finish early, maybe I can do one more.

If no one jumps on my old number please may I have it again, The shit I thought I had to do did not last as long as I think. I understand if you pass on me since I had a chance all ready but yes I would like to go back to this project.
Yep, you're signed back up for it! Don't disappoint :3

I heard from this guy in a PM and he seems really passionate about his work; I'm glad you gave him another chance.

At 4 hours ago, PersonUnknown wrote: Just a WIP. I still have a few things to add, but, yeah.
Sorry, no. I know it's just a WIP, but you aren't skilled enough yet for this collaboration. Even looking at your profile/posts, you advocate your poor skill, so you should work on that for next time.

Wow, that's pretty harsh... I guess that's why you're the collab coordinator, though.

At 4 hours ago, Hoboweasel wrote: If this is alright I'm going to edit the shirt some more and maybe put some zig-zag trees in the background.
I love it so far! Eager for the end :3

Thanks. Traditional media is a bit hard when you're running low on supplies (i.e. paper). I had to use a piece of journal coffee paper (curse those annoying little intrusive coffee mug designs in the corner).

aasdfasdfasdfasdfasfasdfasfasdfasdf asdfasdf

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 8 minutes ago, Hoboweasel wrote: Thanks. Traditional media is a bit hard when you're running low on supplies (i.e. paper). I had to use a piece of journal coffee paper (curse those annoying little intrusive coffee mug designs in the corner).

I personally think it adds to the picture in a strange notebook/sketch book kind of way...

BBS Signature
Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 02:13 PM Reply

At 6 hours ago, Larkatosa wrote:
At 2 hours ago, Spaghetti14 wrote: So at the moment, 18 is up for grabs.
So umm ... could I take it?

Yup.

At 5 hours ago, Decky wrote: Well that's kinda shit but I'll try and make something else :(.

I'm sorry for seeming harsh about it, I just didn't see how this drawing is pertinent...

At 3 hours ago, Hoboweasel wrote:
At 4 hours ago, PersonUnknown wrote: Just a WIP. I still have a few things to add, but, yeah.
Sorry, no. I know it's just a WIP, but you aren't skilled enough yet for this collaboration. Even looking at your profile/posts, you advocate your poor skill, so you should work on that for next time.
Wow, that's pretty harsh... I guess that's why you're the collab coordinator, though.

It's really difficult to me, because some people have been like you, saying "you're being too harsh, you need to realise that everyone is at a different level", and others are like "stop beating around the bush and just be more strict/upfront about things. the way you're going about it isn't helping anyone out." I feel like a dick when I do stuff like that, but I'm trying to find a balance of loving collab organiser and judging collab organiser, and I'm having a bit of trouble with it... Sorry if that rejection seemed too mean, I'll try to be a bit more careful next time, I suppose.

At 4 hours ago, Hoboweasel wrote: If this is alright I'm going to edit the shirt some more and maybe put some zig-zag trees in the background.
I love it so far! Eager for the end :3
Thanks. Traditional media is a bit hard when you're running low on supplies (i.e. paper). I had to use a piece of journal coffee paper (curse those annoying little intrusive coffee mug designs in the corner).

I actually like the texture of the paper a lot. I was wondering what that coffee thing in the corner was too, lol.

Being a collab organiser fills me with heartbreak, you guise...
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 02:25 PM Reply

At 10 minutes ago, Spaghetti14 wrote: I'm trying to find a balance of loving collab organiser and judging collab organiser, and I'm having a bit of trouble with it.

You've been doing great so far, keep it up.

BBS Signature
DEADxLORD
DEADxLORD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 06:05 PM Reply

This is off topic but since I am not used to the site as a whole I thought I would ask the people who I kinda already know on here who I trust and respect.

I am having a big problem with art as a whole, if an image is put in front of me I will be able to copy that image and draw it my self. When it comes to drawing my own images my mind goes blank I see the image in my head but I can not translate it to paper for the life of me. Did anyone else have this problem when they started to draw, Is there a way to get out of it. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

World Keeps On Turning.

BBS Signature
Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 26 minutes ago, DEADxLORD wrote: This is off topic but since I am not used to the site as a whole I thought I would ask the people who I kinda already know on here who I trust and respect.

I am having a big problem with art as a whole, if an image is put in front of me I will be able to copy that image and draw it my self. When it comes to drawing my own images my mind goes blank I see the image in my head but I can not translate it to paper for the life of me. Did anyone else have this problem when they started to draw, Is there a way to get out of it. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

This might be more a topic for the art forum lounge.
My short answer is: i could visualise a perfect circle, but it would be impossible to draw for me. unless of course with fuck loads of practice.

Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 07:03 PM Reply

At 56 minutes ago, DEADxLORD wrote: This is off topic but since I am not used to the site as a whole I thought I would ask the people who I kinda already know on here who I trust and respect.

I think as you expand the number of things you're able to draw, your mind also expands the number of things it thinks to draw.

So, as usual, the answer is: Practice, practice, practice.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
DweebyHawkeyes
DweebyHawkeyes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 01:31 AM Reply

At 6 hours ago, Aigis wrote:
At 56 minutes ago, DEADxLORD wrote: I am having a big problem with art as a whole, if an image is put in front of me I will be able to copy that image and draw it my self. When it comes to drawing my own images my mind goes blank I see the image in my head but I can not translate it to paper for the life of me. Did anyone else have this problem when they started to draw, Is there a way to get out of it. Any and all advice would be appreciated.
I think as you expand the number of things you're able to draw, your mind also expands the number of things it thinks to draw.

So, as usual, the answer is: Practice, practice, practice.

Practice creativity, too! Illustrate some favorite song lyrics, research some folk art, allow yourself to be inspired by established artists. I made the mistake of advancing technically without advancing creatively at the same time. Now I just produce booooring images. There's always room to grow, no matter what 'level' you feel you're on!

DEADxLORD
DEADxLORD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 04:09 PM Reply

Thank you Flowers10, Aigis and DweebyHawkeyes this has given me a lot to think about and I am thankful for the help. I do think I am going to start drawing a lot more and learning both how to draw more but also develop my own art style by taking your suggestions Dweebyhawkeyes. Anyways thanks again you three its much appreciated.

World Keeps On Turning.

BBS Signature
StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 07:57 PM Reply

I'm not going to have time for this, I'mma drop mine.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 08:36 PM Reply

At 38 minutes ago, StevRayBro wrote: I'm not going to have time for this, I'mma drop mine.

I officially reserve this spot FOR Dave!!!

the names Vero... Dave Vero!
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

YES, I made a post... deleted it and made it again... to fix a typo... I'M SORRY!!!!

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM Reply

im still alive, dont give away my spot yet, should have something to show sunday, i have my reasons for taking this long

Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 12:49 AM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Ashman wrote: im still alive, dont give away my spot yet, should have something to show sunday, i have my reasons for taking this long

No worries, your spot remains yours, I'm not worried about you Ash!

At 3 hours ago, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 38 minutes ago, StevRayBro wrote: I'm not going to have time for this, I'mma drop mine.
I officially reserve this spot FOR Dave!!!
the names Vero... Dave Vero!

Done! Dave / M-Vero is all signed up for the collaboration on emoticon numero 39!

YES, I made a post... deleted it and made it again... to fix a typo... I'M SORRY!!!!

FFS, NAE, THIS IS NOT NAM. But yeah, whatever.

Also, thanks to everyone for being generally helpful with advice and whatnot in the thread! It's helpful and adds to the friendly environment n' stuff. :)

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 03:18 PM Reply

I whip my WIP back and forth, I whip my WIP back and forth

*please note this is a snap shot and indeed a WIP*

The Emoticon Collab!

BBS Signature
DEADxLORD
DEADxLORD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 03:42 PM Reply

At 20 minutes ago, LegolaSS wrote: I whip my WIP back and forth, I whip my WIP back and forth

Wow for a WIP that is amazing I am blown away by it I love the unsuttle (I think its a word if not it should be) way that the art mixes between a sketch and a presentable piece. This for me has got a very amazing charm to it. I can not wait to see the finish.

World Keeps On Turning.

BBS Signature
Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, LegolaSS wrote: I whip my WIP back and forth, I whip my WIP back and forth

Looks awesome so far! I like the kind of washed out colour palette you've got goin' on! I dunno if she seems very sassy like the emoticon, but the main point of it is the sunglasses, so it's not a big deal.

At 2 hours ago, DEADxLORD wrote: unsuttle (I think its a word if not it should be)

Blatant, apparent, or obtuse are words you could use to mean the opposite of subtle.

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Spaghetti14 wrote:
At 2 hours ago, LegolaSS wrote: I whip my WIP back and forth, I whip my WIP back and forth
I dunno if she seems very sassy like the emoticon, but the main point of it is the sunglasses, so it's not a big deal.

Yeah I thought the same. It's not a big deal, but you should consider making her raise the corner of her mouth just like the emoticon. Impressive WIP is impressive.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 16th, 2012 @ 09:42 AM Reply

Hey guys, just letting you all know that i@m still going to be creating a piece for this collab, I'm just going to be a little busy with college work for the next week or so. It is coming and it'll be done by the deadline, don't worry.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 16th, 2012 @ 09:48 AM Reply

At 1 minute ago, Decky wrote: It is coming and it'll be done by the deadline, don't worry.

Don't worry, bubblebaths, nobody's tense with cold sweat and worry over whether or not you'll be able to get in yer piece a month early. You're yer own man. INDEPENDENT OF THE WILLS AND WHIMS OF LESSER MEN. No need to keep us constantly updated of yer status.

WIPs are another story. Post 'em all you fucking like.
jagondudo
jagondudo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 16th, 2012 @ 12:11 PM Reply

i had been putting this off putting this off till finally today , sat my ass down and got it done.

High Res

The Emoticon Collab!

morcov
morcov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 16th, 2012 @ 03:14 PM Reply

PM me when a part is free! This looks like fun.

Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 03:09 AM Reply

At 4 days ago, jagondudo wrote: i had been putting this off putting this off till finally today , sat my ass down and got it done.

High Res

Well this is in, of course! Good job dudo.

To everyone posting WIPS in their threads, you guys should totally post them in here instead :D That way it will promote discussion between collab participators and keep the thread fairly afloat.
Here's the most current list. Around the beginning of April, I'll send PMs to those who haven't done anything yet just to make sure we're all on the same page.

Done - 1 - test-object
2 - Kashi
3 - monsterparty
4 - JackDGreatest
Done - 5 - ZaneZansorrow
Done - 6 - DweebyHawkeyes
7 - OutcastLabs
8 - Decky
Done - 9 - Flowers10
Done - 10 - Sockembop
11 - Spaghetti14
12 - MajesticBob
13 - Lucky
Done - 14 - thekiwi
15 - CloudEater
16 - ZombieMonkey
17 - QQBistro
18 - Larkatosa
19 - BlackMist75
20 - Bilalz
Done - 21 - Aigis
22 - DEADxLORD
23 - TheDragonBoy
24 - ReNaeNae
25 - Ashman
26 - MihaP
27 - Hoboweasel
28 - Knocturne
29 - Asperchu
30 - Kinsei01
31 - creepyboy
32 - LegolaSS
Done - 33 - Lintire
Done - 34 - J-qb
Done - 35 - jagondudo
36 - MasterMerol
37 - Luwano
Done - 38 - Captain Carrion
39 - M-Vero
40 - lovingthedark

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 05:28 AM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Spaghetti14 wrote: To everyone posting WIPS in their threads, you guys should totally post them in here instead :D T
32 - LegolaSS

i'm going to add in a collar bone and do some other stuff... don't worry

bigger picture -> http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/75edcb02c71440b5da519cf9 f6bdbf2f

The Emoticon Collab!

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 06:11 AM Reply

At 41 minutes ago, LegolaSS wrote: i'm going to add in a collar bone and do some other stuff... don't worry

Boobs.
You totes took my idea , kind of, but not really.
Mine will be just as cool.
Just you wait.

Looks so good, Lego. :D
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 08:24 PM Reply

Rawr

The Emoticon Collab!

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:13 AM Reply

At 20 hours ago, LegolaSS wrote:
At 2 hours ago, Spaghetti14 wrote: To everyone posting WIPS in their threads, you guys should totally post them in here instead :D T
32 - LegolaSS
i'm going to add in a collar bone and do some other stuff... don't worry

bigger picture -> http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/75edcb02c71440b5da519cf9 f6bdbf2f

Personally I think this would be 5.2 times better without the poorly drawn tits.. >:I

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:44 AM Reply

At 3 hours ago, CloudEater wrote: Personally I think this would be 5.2 times better without the poorly drawn tits.. >:I

as in if they were drawn better? or as in if they are not part of the picture... anyway, I'm still working on it, so any comments and crit are welcome...

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/a0bb0417cb2a2d1500940aa9 b2ccf2de

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:46 AM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, LegolaSS wrote: as in if they were drawn better? or as in if they are not part of the picture... anyway, I'm still working on it, so any comments and crit are welcome...

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/a0bb0417cb2a2d1500940aa9 b2ccf2de

You should have the smoke spell out the word 'radical'.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to The Emoticon Collab! Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 06:14 AM Reply

At 27 minutes ago, Aigis wrote: You should have the smoke spell out the word 'radical'.

nice idea... I will add/change that :3

BBS Signature