New Topic Respond to this Topic
JubiGames
JubiGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-02-25 04:10:00 Reply

I Need an animator and an artist wanted to help me on a project im working on, i am the only coder for the game and you will be paid after the game is finished in complete with art and animations.
If you would like you can also join the team of Jubi Games and get paid every time we release a game.
Please show some of your work below so i can see.

You will be paid 10 - 15% of what the game makes. Or you can have some money reserved for you.
We can come to an agreement.

My Youtube: JubiProductions
If you would like to get a shoutout on youtube or on my website, PM Me. I also test games for 1.00 revenue split.

a21
a21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-02-25 12:16:57 Reply

At 8 hours ago, JubiGames wrote:
You will be paid 10 - 15% of what the game makes. Or you can have some money reserved for you.
We can come to an agreement.

you greedy bastard

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-02-25 15:32:56 Reply

I sent you a message.

cmkinusn
cmkinusn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-02-25 15:44:44 Reply

At 1 minute ago, BlackMist75 wrote: I sent you a message.

he is only giving 10-20% when you will be doing most of the work, what the hell are you thinking?

Current Projects
Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)
Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-02-25 16:10:31 Reply

At 24 minutes ago, cmkinusn wrote:
At 1 minute ago, BlackMist75 wrote: I sent you a message.
he is only giving 10-20% when you will be doing most of the work, what the hell are you thinking?

Uhm, actually I messaged him to ask questions. That's all really :|

Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-02-25 17:58:36 Reply

hey guiz i have this idea for a game i need a programmer and an artist, i want to remark im not adding anything but the idea

ill pay both 2% of what i make, this is intended for the PS3 and XBOX and GAME BOY

ama gon chill

AmazingAndrex
AmazingAndrex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-03-14 11:13:54 Reply

At 2 weeks ago, Sacros wrote: hey guiz i have this idea for a game i need a programmer and an artist, i want to remark im not adding anything but the idea

ill pay both 2% of what i make, this is intended for the PS3 and XBOX and GAME BOY

You guys are brutal lol.

JMartin97
JMartin97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-03-14 12:43:22 Reply

10-15% is fine, depending on how much coding he's doing and how much animation/art he needs. Plus, chances are he's taking care of getting the game out there to make money, while all you have to do is the art and animation. Come to think of it, on top of the coding, the website, the concept, and the cash, Jubi Games is also giving you the option to join the website if they like your work, which would mean more compensation on other games. I'd imagine have a 15% stake in multiple games wouldn't be a very bad deal.

Just sayin.

BBS Signature
cmkinusn
cmkinusn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-03-14 13:19:29 Reply

At 29 minutes ago, JMartin97 wrote: 10-15% is fine, depending on how much coding he's doing and how much animation/art he needs. Plus, chances are he's taking care of getting the game out there to make money, while all you have to do is the art and animation. Come to think of it, on top of the coding, the website, the concept, and the cash, Jubi Games is also giving you the option to join the website if they like your work, which would mean more compensation on other games. I'd imagine have a 15% stake in multiple games wouldn't be a very bad deal.

Just sayin.

That WOULD be fine and dandy, if Jubi Games was even a well known game site, but seriously, look at this:

http://jubigames.webs.com/

They have NO PUBLICITY WHATSOEVER. 10-15% would JUST be from what the sponsor gives. So imagine this. You do all of the art and animation. He codes it. He gets a musician for 10-15% probably as well (or less) and then what? Well, he keeps the rest of course!

A sponsor might pay 8,000 for the game, but you would only see 800-960 dollars of it. Same or less for the musician. That means that he would get anywhere from 6200-6600 dollars, all for himself. While this may not reflect the actual worth of this potential game, it certainly shows how unfair this deal is. Art and animation is no joke. If you have any sort of quality in your work, it takes hours and hours and hours to complete just one animation sometimes.

Now, if this was an official flash game by EA, or some other very high publicity sponsor, then I would say go ahead. 10% would probably be like 6,000 dollars at least. (they would offer flat sum, but you get my point)

Current Projects

JubiGames
JubiGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-03-31 21:29:25 Reply

That WOULD be fine and dandy, if Jubi Games was even a well known game site, but seriously, look at this:

http://jubigames.webs.com/

They have NO PUBLICITY WHATSOEVER. 10-15% would JUST be from what the sponsor gives. So imagine this. You do all of the art and animation. He codes it. He gets a musician for 10-15% probably as well (or less) and then what? Well, he keeps the rest of course!

A sponsor might pay 8,000 for the game, but you would only see 800-960 dollars of it. Same or less for the musician. That means that he would get anywhere from 6200-6600 dollars, all for himself. While this may not reflect the actual worth of this potential game, it certainly shows how unfair this deal is. Art and animation is no joke. If you have any sort of quality in your work, it takes hours and hours and hours to complete just one animation sometimes.

Now, if this was an official flash game by EA, or some other very high publicity sponsor, then I would say go ahead. 10% would probably be like 6,000 dollars at least. (they would offer flat sum, but you get my point)

I Havent even coded the website yet or anything so no, it will not have good publicity. I am about 5% done with the site and wont complete it for a while. I Will have an in game ad in every game so tht it makes more money and i will submit it to the most popular game sites.

My Youtube: JubiProductions
If you would like to get a shoutout on youtube or on my website, PM Me. I also test games for 1.00 revenue split.

pillowsurfermikko
pillowsurfermikko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-03-31 21:57:16 Reply

couldn't you, you know... wait, until you were actually finished the website before you ask an artist to do stuff?

also even if it is a great deal you should really use better wording, 10-15% just doesn't sound appealing and most people would just turn and run at the sight of that

pillowsurfermikko
pillowsurfermikko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-03-31 22:01:06 Reply

also can people stop being so hard on him, he probably doesn't know any better.

cmkinusn
cmkinusn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-03-31 22:39:48 Reply

At 3/31/12 10:01 PM, pillowsurfermikko wrote: also can people stop being so hard on him, he probably doesn't know any better.

Well the only difference between him and someone who does know better is that they actually did their research. I am offended every time I see this stuff because all of the information is findable and in great detail on the web. There is truly no excuse for this. I dont know, maybe being resourceful isnt a useful trait for a person to have, what do I know?

Current Projects

pillowsurfermikko
pillowsurfermikko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-04-01 00:35:23 Reply

At 3/31/12 10:39 PM, cmkinusn wrote:
At 3/31/12 10:01 PM, pillowsurfermikko wrote: also can people stop being so hard on him, he probably doesn't know any better.
Well the only difference between him and someone who does know better is that they actually did their research. I am offended every time I see this stuff because all of the information is findable and in great detail on the web. There is truly no excuse for this. I dont know, maybe being resourceful isnt a useful trait for a person to have, what do I know?

he clearly didn't know enough to even do his research. That much is obvious, and i totally agree he should've done so. But this clearly isn't going to happen so why even bother getting upset about it. Its just kind of sad to me because i know that all these people earnestly just want to make stuff, they just don't know how, so they post stupid shit like this. i know it undermines how much work you put into your art or whatever, but you were probably like him once( i definitely was) so just try to relate.

c0rupt3d
c0rupt3d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-04-01 06:58:02 Reply

Hahahahahaha im assuming you have never even sold a game why would you be so selfish? this project is going to fail miserably.

BBS Signature
4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-04-01 10:18:25 Reply

For all the people barking about the percentage share, I think it's stupid to be saying it's "unfair" when you know nothing about the project.

How do you know it's not a game with minimal art and very heavy code work? A 50/50 isn't always fair. What would you say the % split should be for a find the difference game? The programmer would do barely any work, so he should be getting 20% or something of that nature.

At 2/25/12 03:44 PM, cmkinusn wrote: he is only giving 10-20% when you will be doing most of the work, what the hell are you thinking?

I love how you just assumed that the artist will be doing "most of the work" when not even the genre was specified. Now it's obvious the OP has little experience in games, but you should refrain from attacking people on false claims.

JeanMidnight
JeanMidnight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Art Lover
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-04-01 23:07:26 Reply

he clearly didn't know enough to even do his research. That much is obvious, and i totally agree he should've done so. But this clearly isn't going to happen so why even bother getting upset about it. Its just kind of sad to me because i know that all these people earnestly just want to make stuff, they just don't know how, so they post stupid shit like this. i know it undermines how much work you put into your art or whatever, but you were probably like him once( i definitely was) so just try to relate.

It is easy to relate, but it doesn't mean it should be tolerated. It would be nice if reality considered everyone's needs fairly, but it doesn't. Everyone has to learn, sometimes the hard way.

c0rupt3d
c0rupt3d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Paid Animators and Artist Wanted 2012-04-02 00:00:34 Reply

Look im not concerned with the % to much, Its the fact he is trying to be something he isnt. "If you would like you can also join the team of Jubi Games and get paid every time we release a game." I doubt he has even sold a game by looking at his profile. Its not necessary and this "team" of who? himself?
Jubi if you want to find an artist and animator I suggest making up a prototype of game and if its great im sure you will found some artists and animators interested.

BBS Signature