MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Adrellia Village #39 Collab Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 08:48 PM Reply

What's the premise?

A small town called Trellutor is plagued with an awful epidemic. Eventually, King William sends out his best warriors, Drake, Rachel, and Rory to go out and find a cure, and places all of the responsibility on them. Meanwhile, he mourns for the recent loss of his wife, and the stammering advisor goes to great lengths to comfort him.

When's the deadline?

May 15, 2012. It may be extended if necessary.

Who can join?

I'll decide who can join. Anybody interested in joining must at least have a batting average of 3.2 and a decent flash (judged by me). If you don't have any flashes but would still like to join, please send me an example of your work or if you don't meet these standards and still wanna join, send me an example of your work and I might make an exception.

What version of Flash?

Please save everything in a format compatible in Flash 8.

What are the requirements?

Everything is going to be animated at 24 frames per second, at 720x480. Please try to keep your animation small and follow the storyboard. If you have an interesting interpretation that you feel would work better, you are free to work that in, but remember that everything visually needs to adhere to a "Suitable for All Audiences" rating. Oh yeah, and use a white background. In your flash file, please put your username in front of all of your symbols ("MistyEntertainment_arm" "MistyEntertainment_pigeon" etc)

How will co-authors be determined?

Whoever makes the best parts, helps the most, etc.

I'd love to help, but I'm not the best animator in the world. How else can I contribute to this project?

If you're a musician, link me to a song you have in the Audio Portal and it might be used in episode 39. I'll let everybody know if more voice actors are needed. If you're a good background artist, then you can definitely help by sending me some backgrounds! You can also contribute by doing something so simple as to look at a work-in-progress and tell me how I can improve a scene.

Any additional information?

If you get a part, I'll send you the storyboard. You don't need to follow the exact character design that I use, you are free to interpret them however you wish. You should only use how I draw the characters as a guideline. When you are done with your part, please PM me with a link to download, preferably at the Newgrounds dump.

Award-winning authors like Luis, BobyB64 and myself are already helping.

DancingEngie
DancingEngie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Programmer
Response to Adrellia Village #39 Collab Feb. 25th, 2012 @ 05:15 AM Reply

As I said in the original post:

"Well I can put some After Effects to it (As in, REALISTIC explosions, motion blur, massive-zoom outs, superpowers, blood etc), but it has very certin instructions in the animation and Flash for it to work proparly."

MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Adrellia Village #39 Collab Feb. 25th, 2012 @ 10:07 AM Reply

At 4 hours ago, DancingEngie wrote: As I said in the original post:

"Well I can put some After Effects to it (As in, REALISTIC explosions, motion blur, massive-zoom outs, superpowers, blood etc), but it has very certin instructions in the animation and Flash for it to work proparly."

Great! Do you think you can pull that off in a format compatible with Flash 8?

DancingEngie
DancingEngie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Programmer
Response to Adrellia Village #39 Collab Feb. 25th, 2012 @ 10:44 AM Reply

At 35 minutes ago, MistyEntertainment wrote:
At 4 hours ago, DancingEngie wrote: As I said in the original post:

Great! Do you think you can pull that off in a format compatible with Flash 8?

Well After Effects can output it's content in XML format, and also any video format known to man.
What effect would you like me to do?

MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Adrellia Village #39 Collab Mar. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:47 PM Reply

Sent you a PM, DancingEngie.

Also, TWO STORYBOARD ARTISTS ARE NEEDED! I also need more people to watch work-in-progresses and provide their opinion on them

MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Adrellia Village #39 Collab Mar. 10th, 2012 @ 07:17 PM Reply

A bunch of animators finished their parts. I have some beautiful background art from 50secondsaway. however, I still need help with storyboarding, writing and a little bit of animating.

Even if you're only going to watch something, it'd still help! :)

cmkinusn
cmkinusn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Adrellia Village #39 Collab Mar. 10th, 2012 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: A bunch of animators finished their parts. I have some beautiful background art from 50secondsaway. however, I still need help with storyboarding, writing and a little bit of animating.

how about you skip storyboard artists and simply do thumbnail sketches to set up the scene? Why not come up with your own writing too? You have done this 38 times before right? Why cant you do it now?

Current Projects
Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)
Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Adrellia Village #39 Collab Mar. 10th, 2012 @ 11:52 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, cmkinusn wrote:
At 2 hours ago, MistyEntertainment wrote: A bunch of animators finished their parts. I have some beautiful background art from 50secondsaway. however, I still need help with storyboarding, writing and a little bit of animating.

how about you skip storyboard artists and simply do thumbnail sketches to set up the scene? Why not come up with your own writing too? You have done this 38 times before right? Why cant you do it now?

I already do, some scenes require a little more advanced camera work. I'm trying to get this done by a certain time.

"why not come up with your own writing too?"

I have; i've written many pages of script, but some writers may have a better interpretation of the scene and it may increase overall quality.

I've done this 38 times before, you say. 34 of those were from 2 years ago when i was a beginner at flash animation, and if you notice, they aren't as good as what i can do now.

cmkinusn
cmkinusn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Adrellia Village #39 Collab Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 04:32 AM Reply

At 3 hours ago, MistyEntertainment wrote:
At 2 hours ago, cmkinusn wrote:

I already do, some scenes require a little more advanced camera work. I'm trying to get this done by a certain time.

"why not come up with your own writing too?"

I have; i've written many pages of script, but some writers may have a better interpretation of the scene and it may increase overall quality.

I've done this 38 times before, you say. 34 of those were from 2 years ago when i was a beginner at flash animation, and if you notice, they aren't as good as what i can do now.

So heres my next question then. Do you doubt your ability to make these scenes (that are still needing to be written) funny, or do you not know what to do with the scenes at all? I would say that honestly, you would save a lot of time by simply moving forward or even enlisting one of your writers from other scenes to help create these ones. And for storyboarding and camera angles, its all about camera angles. Perhaps I can assist with that if you desire.

Current Projects
Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)
Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Adrellia Village #39 Collab Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 12:00 PM Reply

At 7 hours ago, cmkinusn wrote:
So heres my next question then. Do you doubt your ability to make these scenes (that are still needing to be written) funny, or do you not know what to do with the scenes at all? I would say that honestly, you would save a lot of time by simply moving forward or even enlisting one of your writers from other scenes to help create these ones. And for storyboarding and camera angles, its all about camera angles. Perhaps I can assist with that if you desire.

So far, I'm the only writer and I've already gotten a bunch of the voice actors to do my script. Some writers probably have better interpretations of certain scenes, so it'd be better if I got more.

I can PM you some of the stuff I've done regarding camera angles.

MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Adrellia Village #39 Collab Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:39 PM Reply

Any animators?

MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Adrellia Village #39 Collab May. 25th, 2012 @ 11:34 PM Reply

Bump. Here's a brief update:

I'm up to about five minutes worth of animation for episode 39 of Adrellia Village, and the current script has undergone many revisions. So far, about ten people have signed up to help, some of them being casual viewers providing their input on WIPs, while others being talented animators and musicians.

To the musicians: I will be sending you a scene shortly that might need to be accompanied by some background music. Also, as I said in my last news post, I'll postpone the special effects to the season 2 finale, as there won't be any major fights for a while.

My deviantART journal has more in-depth updates animation and production-wise, this is just a brief update.

MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Adrellia Village #39 Collab May. 28th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM Reply

Also here's the forum if you want to help: http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adrellia_Village/index.php