Be a Supporter!

Art thread of M.Maher

  • 45,815 Views
  • 452 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 10th, 2012 @ 03:58 PM Reply

re-doing some things and refining some lines.

Art thread of M.Maher

Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 10th, 2012 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 4/10/12 03:58 PM, M-Maher wrote: re-doing some things and refining some lines.

It's comig along but there is still a way to go. Keep at it. Are you just going to stop this drawing as a head or are you going to draw it full body? Also I'm curious to see what background you create, if any.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 10th, 2012 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 4/10/12 06:18 PM, Decky wrote: It's comig along but there is still a way to go. Keep at it. Are you just going to stop this drawing as a head or are you going to draw it full body? Also I'm curious to see what background you create, if any.

I was defiantly going to do the full body, after the head was done i was going to make room for additional points of detail and structure, it'd be a crime not to, as for background I'm going to think about it for abit, make a setting for it.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 12:24 PM Reply

markie sleepy now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-kYiDbG39s

Art thread of M.Maher

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 04:37 PM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_G-gFPSSrc

I'm just going to post music links every time i upload an image

Art thread of M.Maher

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 04:39 PM Reply

Making notes about design choices and where I got them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg91j9uOw5s

Art thread of M.Maher

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 09:25 PM Reply

old habbits never die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G98baqaSmBY

Art thread of M.Maher

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 10:26 PM Reply

I'm getting used to this whole digital painting thing bit iffy about it though.

Art thread of M.Maher

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 02:32 AM Reply

I'm certainly showing improvement.

Art thread of M.Maher

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 01:40 PM Reply

Look at all the gifs i make

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKy7IcufUH0

Art thread of M.Maher

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 06:53 AM Reply

colour that's a thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF0LLfm2bns

Art thread of M.Maher

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 01:38 PM Reply

shading is also a thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmkLF3BTgqQ

Art thread of M.Maher

Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 02:18 PM Reply

At 4/14/12 01:38 PM, M-Maher wrote: shading is also a thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmkLF3BTgqQ

I like how you can think in 3-D, but you need to stop drawing mechs and start drawing people, this will make your poses alot less awkward looking and once you start to memorize it your stuff will look 10x better
Try this out
http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php

You can choose either decently clothed or nude figures.
Good luck.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 03:48 PM Reply

At 4/14/12 02:18 PM, Asperchu wrote: I like how you can think in 3-D, but you need to stop drawing mechs and start drawing people.

Thanks for the advice I'll finish this off and try it.

Art thread of M.Maher

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 09:08 PM Reply

BEEF UP DA MOUTH GUARD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmm14g4cAFc

Art thread of M.Maher

Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 12:20 PM Reply

At 4/14/12 09:08 PM, M-Maher wrote: BEEF UP DA MOUTH GUARD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmm14g4cAFc

Christ, please stop using the smudge tool it's a very cheap effect.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 12:41 PM Reply

At 4/18/12 12:20 PM, Asperchu wrote: Christ, please stop using the smudge tool it's a very cheap effect.

its not smudge its paint mix brush, I'm just teaching myself, see what I can do with CS5

Art thread of M.Maher

Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 01:07 PM Reply

At 4/18/12 12:41 PM, M-Maher wrote:
At 4/18/12 12:20 PM, Asperchu wrote: Christ, please stop using the smudge tool it's a very cheap effect.
its not smudge its paint mix brush, I'm just teaching myself, see what I can do with CS5

Christ, please stop using the paint mix brush tool it's a very cheap effect.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 01:55 PM Reply

At 4/18/12 01:07 PM, Asperchu wrote:
Christ, please stop using the paint mix brush tool it's a very cheap effect.

yeah i was thinking that myself the effect doesn't sit well with me.

might quick select the head then layer it via copy and go over the quick selected area with black with 75% opacity or something like that to the head and just rub out where light comes in i mean that's how I did the below image and it seems mmkay

Art thread of M.Maher

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 04:01 PM Reply

crap sketch with a crap background

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2FiYq55oac

Art thread of M.Maher

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 05:49 PM Reply

haven't really sat down and fully animated yet, but ive got an idea for an animation short, give it a month, ill have something worth someones time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKlw5mZZVto

Art thread of M.Maher

TasmanianDevil
TasmanianDevil
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 06:05 PM Reply

You should really do life drawings and than learn about light and shit like that. You learn alot once you do it multiple times, which you can apply to digital.
I know you won't take my advice but I like talking to a brick wall.


Sacred wind tribe

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 06:05 PM, TasmanianDevil wrote: You should really do life drawings and than learn about light and shit like that. You learn alot once you do it multiple times, which you can apply to digital.
I know you won't take my advice but I like talking to a brick wall.

hey just because you cant find crack in the crack house doesn't mean it isn't there, someone just stowed it away from prying eyes and brews it in the background.

this metaphor working for ya?

Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 4/18/12 01:55 PM, M-Maher wrote:
At 4/18/12 01:07 PM, Asperchu wrote:
Christ, please stop using the paint mix brush tool it's a very cheap effect.
yeah i was thinking that myself the effect doesn't sit well with me.

might quick select the head then layer it via copy and go over the quick selected area with black with 75% opacity or something like that to the head and just rub out where light comes in i mean that's how I did the below image and it seems mmkay

You know what you should do, you should drop this and start something using the hard round brush only since it looks like you got a tablet. Than once your done blocking your colors you can blend everything together.
Stop relying on photoshop and start relying on your artistic talent. Come on bro you can do it, the potential is definitely there :X

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 06:24 PM, Asperchu wrote: You know what you should do, you should drop this and start something using the hard round brush only since it looks like you got a tablet. Than once your done blocking your colors you can blend everything together.
Stop relying on photoshop and start relying on your artistic talent.

thats an idea of witch i will probably most likely absolutely do.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 11:20 AM Reply

At 4/20/12 06:24 PM, Asperchu wrote: Stop relying on photoshop and start relying on your artistic talent. Come on bro you can do it, the potential is definitely there :X

can I use opacity?

Art thread of M.Maher

Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 4/21/12 11:20 AM, M-Maher wrote:
At 4/20/12 06:24 PM, Asperchu wrote: Stop relying on photoshop and start relying on your artistic talent. Come on bro you can do it, the potential is definitely there :X
can I use opacity?

You have to use either opacity or flow to blend.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:46 AM Reply

At 4/21/12 06:57 PM, Asperchu wrote: You have to use either opacity or flow to blend.

coolio

Art thread of M.Maher

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Art thread of M.Maher Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:48 AM Reply

At 4/22/12 11:46 AM, M-Maher wrote:
At 4/21/12 06:57 PM, Asperchu wrote: You have to use either opacity or flow to blend.
coolio

The right arm looks kinda chubby and short compared to the other :|