New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lepy
Lepy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 01:27 AM Reply

I was just wondering if anyone thinks underweight kids are just as bad as overweight kids.
They're sort of the same.
Fat kids:
Don't do sports
Are unhealthy
Are limited in their activity

Underweight kids:
Don't do sports
Are unhealthy

I, myself, have always been the smallest and lightest person in a group. My eyes always have bags (lack of sleep) and I look like a malnourished mess in general. Very skinny.

But I still keep my hair and clothes nice.

Is this not as bad as a fat fuck?

Also I'm on an iPhone so I can't choose any really cool topic icons. GET ON IT, TOM.
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 01:29 AM Reply

Obesity is a much, much larger problem.

Kids have high metabolisms, so if you don't get very much physical activity then being really skinny is fairly normal, though I agree it doesn't look very good.

Chocomilk
Chocomilk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Reader
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 01:32 AM Reply

Thank you for giving me poor body image OP.

BBS Signature
MrMeD
MrMeD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 01:42 AM Reply

Both overweight and underweight are pretty bad, but I think obesity is a larger problem because it leads to bigger difficulties in life.

Oh, I'm 6ft, 50kg.
tox
tox
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 02:34 AM Reply

through your logic people that self inflict are just as bad as people that fight against self infliction
people that drink coffee are as bad as people that drink tea as opposed to water
they are just opposite sides of a scale, some are healthy some are not healthy, that is up in the air for the people that are able to judge and understand all sides to call, it needs to be a control group and a bell curve idea

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Thundaboom
Thundaboom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 04:46 AM Reply

Is this not as bad as a fat fuck?

It depends on how bad we're talking here. I really don't think you should generalize skinny people with fat people because they don't all have the same same negative conflicts in life.

Some people can get a bit too skinny or just don't eat enough, but doesn't mean they do limited activity.

IMO you're just better off not being a fatass if you're just too skinny. It's easier creating the fat molecules than depleting them :p

No!

MadCow
MadCow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 04:59 AM Reply

skinny kids suck cuz most of them are either Auschwitz mode or skinnyfat and think they can eat like shit w/o problem because of their "good metabolism". it's even more annoying when some skinny fag thinks he has a legitimate 6pack just because he's so skinny you can see his abs.

however, i think an underweight person could become "healthy" faster than an overweight person, because gaining weight and eating better is easier than having to lose a lot of weight and eat better. underweight people are just weak, fat people are lazy.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature
MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 06:11 AM Reply

It depends on how people see it.

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 06:13 AM Reply

I used to be very skinny as a kid, but I did do a fair amount of sports. In fact, I was among the best in sport classes in most sports.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 08:34 AM Reply

Being obese or fat is worse than being underweight cause of all the other diseases and problems that come with it.

Although mind you anorexia is just as bad as obesity (even worse actually) but anorexia is not as common as obesity.

So yeah. Saying underweight kids are equally as bad as overweight kids is just a pathetic justification made by fat people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

JBKalso
JBKalso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 08:36 AM Reply

Yes. And they can also get diabetes.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool."-FurryFox
This is a temporary account. see JBK
Groups: Gay/Bi Users, Last.fmClub

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 08:36 AM Reply

At A few seconds ago, Halberd wrote: Being obese or fat is worse than being underweight cause of all the other diseases and problems that come with it.

Although mind you anorexia is just as bad as obesity (even worse actually) but anorexia is not as common as obesity.

So yeah. Saying underweight kids are equally as bad as overweight kids is just a pathetic justification made by fat people.

There IS a reason why schools try to get people to be healthy but they don't complain about the dozens and dozens of skinny and underweight people.

They do complain/fight against anorexia but that isn't nearly as common as obesity which so many adults and kids have or will inevitably develop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

JBKalso
JBKalso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 08:39 AM Reply

At 31 seconds ago, Halberd wrote:
They do complain/fight against anorexia but that isn't nearly as common as obesity which so many adults and kids have or will inevitably develop.

Anorexia is such a 90s disease.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool."-FurryFox
This is a temporary account. see JBK
Groups: Gay/Bi Users, Last.fmClub

BBS Signature
DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Voice Actor
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 08:44 AM Reply

I think it's worse to see a skinny malnourished kid than a fat bouncy little kid. It's proper depressing seeing anyone that's obviously skinny, but when you see a really skinny child, you just want to slap the parents. You see a fat kid, you just laugh, it's fine.

In terms of complications with health, both paths, anorexia or obesity, are pretty much a dead end.

eating 5 fruit and veg a day is fucking hard.

BBS Signature
InnerChild548
InnerChild548
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 08:47 AM Reply

At 7 hours ago, Lepy wrote: Underweight kids:
Don't do sports
Are unhealthy

wat. shit loads of runners are skinny as fuck

BBS Signature
WaterShake
WaterShake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 08:58 AM Reply

At 10 minutes ago, DumbassDude wrote: In terms of complications with health, both paths, anorexia or obesity, are pretty much a dead end.

Anorexic and underweight are not the same thing guys. Anorexia is one of the most lethal/deadly psychological disorders.

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature
DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Voice Actor
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 09:02 AM Reply

At 1 minute ago, WaterShake wrote: Anorexic and underweight are not the same thing guys. Anorexia is one of the most lethal/deadly psychological disorders.

Yeah, I was just giving examples of both extremes, because that's possible for everyone, not just teenage girls.
Plus that's what being fat or malnourished and skinny will do to you, send you down a path of illness, possibly anorexia.

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 09:39 AM Reply

That's no good, if you get too underweight you'll disrupt your menstrual cycle and you'll ever know the joys of motherhood.

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
WaterShake
WaterShake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Underweight kids as bad as... Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 10:09 AM Reply

At 1 hour ago, DumbassDude wrote:
At 1 minute ago, WaterShake wrote: Anorexic and underweight are not the same thing guys. Anorexia is one of the most lethal/deadly psychological disorders.
Yeah, I was just giving examples of both extremes, because that's possible for everyone, not just teenage girls.

Anorexia and obesity aren't opposite extremes of one another. Anorexia is a severe mental health condition whilst obesity is a potentially severe health condition. The opposite of anorexia is Muscle dysmorphia (aka bigorexia).

Plus that's what being fat or malnourished and skinny will do to you, send you down a path of illness, possibly anorexia.

Being underweight doesn't lead to anorexia; pre-occupation with body image does.

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature