New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-24 15:56:54 Reply

At 1 day ago, ViceFullbuster wrote: I would like for it to happen but i don't see it happening at least we still have our threads though. :)

Again, they seem big enough already.
Hey, you changed your name again, Molotov/X-Naut/ViceFullbuster/Illuminate!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-24 16:37:53 Reply

At 1 day ago, Halberd wrote: Nope. So now we are stuck with all the shit Superbowl topics in this forum

I.e the ones made by Poozy and ZJ that obsess over tits and make fun of homosexuality

Don't forget the ban that you get if you complain or ask that they keep it to one thread.

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-24 16:52:03 Reply

As much as I love sports,

Sports = / = Newgrounds.

There are a few clubs and topics relating to sports and certain events, but they're all generally pretty dead.

SpamOfCan
SpamOfCan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-24 17:07:01 Reply

Well, cock-sucking is a sport.....
<3

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-24 17:22:21 Reply

At 14 minutes ago, SpamOfCan wrote: Well, cock-sucking is a sport.....
<3

you are gay

Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 08:36:45 Reply

If the site gains a sports forum, I will immediately shut it down with a Super Bowl XL thread.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 08:51:56 Reply

If NG got a Sports forum then we'd need a Television forum and aMasturbation forum and a Girl Problems forum and a Youtube Video Links forum and a Nationalism forum and it likely goes on. Frankly there is c&c for most NGers fitness and sporting needs. And general can be handy with that too.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 09:09:32 Reply

I can't masturbate to this.

This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 09:37:15 Reply

At 27 minutes ago, GoodFish wrote: Examples of topical discussions in a Sports/Fitness subforum.

Well sure, but I'm quite happy to keep an ongoing weight dairy going on my blog and visit proper fitness forums when I need assistance from real people with helpful advice and support. Because you know, this site isn't really the place for that.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 09:51:16 Reply

At 3 minutes ago, GoodFish wrote:

:: Now we have much more detailed art, much more informative math, and a forum devoted to helping Newgrounders understand and mix their political opinions.

Art because the site has expanded to included an art gallery and because art is an important part for many animators here. And politicals I guess to stop that rubbish clogging up General.

Do you see many sports/fitness threads clogging up General in a negative way?

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 10:25:24 Reply

At 1 hour ago, HungarianSupermarket wrote: I can't masturbate to this.

So you never watched the Lingerie Bowl, then?

At 38 minutes ago, GoodFish wrote:
At 39 seconds ago, Gagsy wrote: the place for that.
Final Thoughts
We want to keep this Forum clean, and we want to see people engage in intelligent conversation. Use common sense: if you don't have something interesting to discuss, don't post a topic! Remember, these are private forums.

Yeah, but it's a bit harsh to expect you to engage in intelligent conversation - after all, it implies you're capable of doing more than one thing at once :P

Now we have much more detailed art, much more informative math, and a forum devoted to helping Newgrounders understand and mix their political opinions.

Extrapolate from that, and it's pretty plain to see that giving Newgrounders a conduit for the discussion of larger worlds is exactly the Next Step.

I appreciate that, but with a club or crew for every type of popular sport out there, don't we already cater to people wanting to discuss sport? If major tournaments come around, topics spring up about them, usually in General The discussion is limited to one thread and the forum is kept tidy.

Isn't that a simple solution?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 10:38:43 Reply

At 23 minutes ago, GoodFish wrote: I'm simply saying

Rather than accomodating the growth of the community, the admins should compel the growth of the community.

Be proactive.

The growth of the community apears to be immature bisexual furry trolls. Wrong people to enjoy a sports forum on a serious and/or encouraging note.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 10:54:06 Reply

At A few seconds ago, GoodFish wrote: growth /grÃ...TH/
Noun:
1. The process of increasing in physical size.
2. The process of developing or maturing physically, mentally, or spiritually.

And you think a sports forum will give this site any kind of growth?

Delusional

Adjective

1. Having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions.
2. Psychiatry . maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness.

BBS Signature
TecNoir
TecNoir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 11:04:46 Reply

Poozy already makes the tits and ass threads here...if he makes them anywhere else I'll be to lazy to look for them. DON'T

How does one sig?

BBS Signature
macmillion
macmillion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 12:13:39 Reply

To the people saying "nobody will care about that forum because nobody here cares about sports," take a gander at this.

That's about 45 (if I can count) people who care about the NFL alone. There are many more who care about other sports on this site, and saying that most people on here are gay furries is a very narrow-minded statement. We are a community that has many different interests and fitness is not an exception by any means. That's like saying "well, not many people have an interest in literature, that means we shouldn't have a writing portal."

Look, even if the idea has a chance at failing, that cannot mean it shouldn't be tried at all. I mean, look at all the other Forums that are on the site. If we gave those a shot, then I don't see what makes giving the idea of a fitness forum a go such a terrible idea.

dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 12:25:16 Reply

At 2 days ago, darksonicfan7 wrote: What do you think? Should they have one?

I'm for a sports forum as I am a sports guy. But sadly, I do agree that it wont get much traffic...Fuck it. I'mma make trafic! I WILL MAKE NEWGROUNDS CARE ABOUT SPORTS DAMMIT!

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 12:50:42 Reply

At 1 hour ago, GoodFish wrote:
At 37 minutes ago, Gagsy wrote: The growth of the community apears to be immature bisexual furry trolls. Wrong people to enjoy a sports forum on a serious and/or encouraging note.
I wouldn't insult the people who share a love for Newgrounds. I enjoy sports, I know that many of my fellow newgrounders enjoy sports, I have picked out many newgrounders with serious issues who would benefit from a mere glimpse at a Sports/Fitness subforum.

Yet you completely ignore the sports threads in the Clubs & Crews. Why do we need a subforum for it? We're not a community of sport nuts, we're a community of gamers, hence why we have a VG forum.

At 50 minutes ago, Coop wrote: Yeah, but it's a bit harsh to expect you to engage in intelligent conversation - after all, it implies you're capable of doing more than one thing at once :P
'trying' vs "dividing attention" vs '"attention span"'

I appreciate that, but with a club or crew for every type of popular sport out there, don't we already cater to people wanting to discuss sport? If major tournaments come around, topics spring up about them, usually in General The discussion is limited to one thread and the forum is kept tidy.

Isn't that a simple solution?
Why build public libraries? Why cut up public bike trails? Why build Basketball Courts?

Quoting from Hollywood here: "If you build it, he will come." (Field of Dreams)

I think it's time a Forum was devoted to the subject.

I disagree - we have plenty of threads dedicated to the various sports, but we don't need an additional forum to discuss it in. Keep it to the threads in C&C and the occasional General one and the people still come.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-02-25 18:00:30 Reply

At 4 hours ago, GoodFish wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Coop wrote: Yet you completely ignore the sports threads in the Clubs & Crews. Why do we need a subforum for it? We're not a community of sport nuts, we're a community of gamers, hence why we have a VG forum.
Read these:
Uno
Dos

I'm not saying that there are video games and sport - never the twain shall meet. Far from it, since I'm a gamer, who plays cricket, enjoys working out and generally tries to stay in shape.

BBS should be organized like this:

You seem incapable of accepting our arguments that we don't need a sports forum. People might want one, but there's not enough demand.

Rather than going through Clubs/Crews, crawling the list of Furry/Anime Fanclubs, and locating an interest, New Signups would have an option to go straight into the sports/nutrition subforum if that is what sparks the keenest interest.

If you have a keen interest in it, generally, you are expected to use the search bar, to find a thread that you're looking for. We lock threads discussing various topics and link them to a relevant thread elsewhere on the boards from General, as moderators. The difference would be tat we redirect people to threads in Sports / Nutrition, rather than C&C.

At 50 minutes ago, Coop wrote:
I disagree - we have plenty of threads dedicated to the various sports, but we don't need an additional forum to discuss it in. Keep it to the threads in C&C and the occasional General one and the people still come.
It makes more sense to organize the community on a broader scale with the interests divided according to the skill set required.

Yes, but there is such a thing as over-simplifying. Then you end up with things like sub forums for MLP.

The sports threads made in general are largely replied to because they are of cultural significance. I'd say that's a generated interest, definitely not a keen understanding of sport.

Again, I disagree - some of the posters act like douches on there, regarding saying that Rugby is shit and they would rather play American Football, because they are either overweight, or too much of a wimp to play a proper game, for example. We as mature members can work around them.

A sports/fitness/nutrition sub-forum would be geared towards users who actually want to discuss athletic news, interests, activities, schedules, workouts, professional sports... and the list goes on.

But this is exactly what the threads dedicated to the various sports, fitness and nutritional ideals can accomplish.

In summary, the admins still have a lot of bugs to catch up on, the last thing that they need to do is program in a new forum. The system that we have works and if they decide that we need one at some stage later, the changes will be focused on at that stage. In the meantime, learn to use the search bar.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Wavepad
Wavepad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-03-06 19:46:52 Reply

F - Sports/Nutrition
1-30

Perfect! Nice Idea adding Nutrition

| Steam | Meh |

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-03-06 19:58:39 Reply

At 10 minutes ago, Wavepad wrote:
F - Sports/Nutrition
1-30
Perfect! Nice Idea adding Nutrition

No it isn't, whens the last time you've seen a thread seriously discussing nutrition and improving physical fitness?

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-03-06 21:13:29 Reply

At 10 days ago, TecNoir wrote: Poozy already makes the tits and ass threads here...if he makes them anywhere else I'll be to lazy to look for them. DON'T

Hey, I helped out and made a bunch, too...

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Have a Sports Forum? 2012-03-06 21:40:53 Reply

People on here are highly against physical sports...

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature