New Topic Respond to this Topic
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-22 19:55:41 Reply

So, Its about time i got my very own art thread... so here we go... im going to post doodles and scribbles and other random stuff in here... because i do a ton of stuff but never save it... lets see how it goes :3...

so lets start off with a referenced llama picture... because you know... i tell everyone else to draw them :3

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-22 20:25:59 Reply

About damn time, Lego! No better way to begin with a flying start then with a llama.

Will say that the sketchy style doesn't quite appeal to me, and that it really doesn't match the background at all, but who cares! Art thread! I expect you to keep this updated, and brush your teeth, and remember to pack some motherfucking clothes because there's an asshole of a wasteland out there.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-23 13:02:49 Reply

Todays doodles, let me know what you want to see in future... im still trying to a get a feel for photoshop and its setting to find a style of drawing i like...

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-23 13:06:00 Reply

Also some dragon doodles i did as experiments for the friday flood long ago i never took part in *sad face*

*sketchy sketchy scribble*

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-23 13:30:17 Reply

At 22 minutes ago, LegolaSS wrote: Also some dragon doodles i did as experiments for the friday flood long ago i never took part in *sad face*

The hell?!
Why didn't you partake?!

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-23 15:31:43 Reply

At 19 hours ago, LegolaSS wrote: So, Its about time i got my very own art thread... so here we go... im going to post doodles and scribbles and other random stuff in here... because i do a ton of stuff but never save it... lets see how it goes :3...

so lets start off with a referenced llama picture... because you know... i tell everyone else to draw them :3

Hehe.. Yeah I like it. That is one cool looking llama. I think the background is a bit of an eyesore, but that's just my taste I guess. It was about time you got that art thread!

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-23 17:50:54 Reply

At 4 hours ago, LegolaSS wrote: Also some dragon doodles i did as experiments for the friday flood long ago i never took part in *sad face*

*sketchy sketchy scribble*

Niceeeeee! Cant believe you didnt have an art thread earlier! Art thread buddies wooo!

TwistedXP
TwistedXP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-23 21:03:47 Reply

At 1 day ago, LegolaSS wrote: So, Its about time i got my very own art thread... so here we go... im going to post doodles and scribbles and other random stuff in here... because i do a ton of stuff but never save it... lets see how it goes :3...

This is one bad ass llama

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-23 23:50:38 Reply

ahh yes, i have tried to find a thread of yours some time ago, this explains why i didn't find anything. nice doodles bud that is a kool ass llama and a dope ass dragon. on stand by to see more from you.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
BizarroJoe
BizarroJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-24 13:15:16 Reply

Aw yeah, Legs, show us how it's done.
I remember some cool sketches you posted quite a while ago and I thought it was a pity you wouldn't show us more...
And aviators are THE COOL.

Great work!

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-24 17:40:04 Reply

OH WHAT HAVE I DONE!

still messing around in photoshop... so i hope to see a massive jump in quality once i get the hang of how to make it look half good XD

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-24 17:42:20 Reply

Once again another practice peice to try get the flow right and get an idea of how to put down the colours with this new software...

trying to work out how to get lines down and how i should have my settings... i think if i work on it myself i will develop my own ways of doing things and thus hopefully get a style *ish* of my own.

we can dream cant we :3

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-24 18:44:33 Reply

30 second scribbles using posemaniacs... dam im rusty... used to get to a point where i would wait for it to chance some times... also must try to stop shading, spending to many seconds flafing with hands and feet and spending to much of my attention on the females bum, i must have reworked them lines like 3 times before moving on...

So yeah... hopefully better stuff coming VERY soon :D

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-24 19:37:16 Reply

At 1 hour ago, LegolaSS wrote: OH WHAT HAVE I DONE!

still messing around in photoshop... so i hope to see a massive jump in quality once i get the hang of how to make it look half good XD

Hey its dark!

i think

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-24 19:57:22 Reply

At 16 minutes ago, Captain-Carrion wrote: Hey its dark!
i think

i think it is as well ^-^

At 59 minutes ago, Bees wrote: cigarettes

i was doodling and saw this comment so started to add cigarettes as a theme... i think smoking is a dirty habbit and have never touched them... well... thats all for now... its 1am and im going food shopping :D

same again, feel free to throw stuff out... gives me something to doodle around :3

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
jagondudo
jagondudo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-25 07:47:40 Reply

At 13 hours ago, LegolaSS wrote: 30 second scribbles using posemaniacs...

juicy!
these are great man, keep up the stellar work

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-02-29 17:27:23 Reply

Gah, im not feeling it latey, i keep wanting to do stuff then getting frustrated at the first hurdle every time i atempt a sketch about it... such as friday floods, i just do sketches and they never go anway... mabey i should use references more or do more studies... i dont know... this is the only thing i managed to do today without deleting it and starting a fresh page... but after i took the picture i closed PS down...

i should do more art... do the art i am ment to do for a start as well... not a good day today :(

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-05 18:19:34 Reply

Oh dear... 5 days ago!... thats not staying ontop of things... i suppose i did do that thing for the frog friday flood...

and here is a little something i knocked up... i tried to reference my drawing hand as i was drawing *which is hard*

that's how i use a pen, i know it looks spastic and most likely is but i like it.

also i suppose this could be classed as NSFW?...

-GO!

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-05 18:24:48 Reply

This thread took far too long to make

At 4 minutes ago, LegolaSS wrote: and here is a little something i knocked up... i tried to reference my drawing hand as i was drawing *which is hard*
that's how i use a pen, i know it looks spastic and most likely is but i like it.

Your pointy finger is a bit wonky, probably a bit too short.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-06 14:35:38 Reply

jagondudo showed us all a wonderful color wheel, so i thought i would have a go.

so i had a go :D

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
BizarroJoe
BizarroJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-06 17:05:15 Reply

At 22 hours ago, LegolaSS wrote: I suppose this could be classed as NSFW?...

Hey, I like this one very much!

WHOA. Sure you hold in a rather peculiar way...

At 2 hours ago, LegolaSS wrote: jagondudo showed us all a wonderful color wheel, so i thought i would have a go.

Quite armonical choice. Looks nice!

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-08 13:31:27 Reply

At 1 day ago, BizarroJoe wrote: Hey, I like this one very much!
Quite armonical choice. Looks nice!

Why thank you Joe, so with this one i thought i would mix both and see what happens...

I really like this selective colour thingy... athough at the moment i think i am taking to many colours... mabey if i only used half...

a rough tone experiment...

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-08 14:13:41 Reply

At 40 minutes ago, LegolaSS wrote:

It's nice. But the area below her breasts and down to her navel looks a bit wonky. Also she has a bit of a big forehead. Besides from that it looks like you are getting a really good grasp on (female) anatomy :D

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-08 15:15:40 Reply

At 1 hour ago, LegolaSS wrote: I really like this selective colour thingy... athough at the moment i think i am taking to many colours... mabey if i only used half...

Yeah, a bit too many colours, she looks a bit rusty.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-10 08:19:44 Reply

At 1 day ago, Lundsfryd wrote: It's nice. But the area below her breasts and down to her navel looks a bit wonky. Also she has a bit of a big forehead. Besides from that it looks like you are getting a really good grasp on (female) anatomy :D

How about now?.. did i fix it?... also screw that hand... i might come fix that later on...

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
jagondudo
jagondudo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-10 08:52:14 Reply

At 29 minutes ago, LegolaSS wrote:
At 1 day ago, Lundsfryd wrote: It's nice. But the area below her breasts and down to her navel looks a bit wonky. Also she has a bit of a big forehead. Besides from that it looks like you are getting a really good grasp on (female) anatomy :D
How about now?.. did i fix it?... also screw that hand... i might come fix that later on...

the area below her boobage looks sunken i think is what he means cause its dark, usually in that area we can still see the ribcage
no shame in checking some reference and careful where her left leg is coming out of, from her hip not her crotch

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-14 19:04:05 Reply

So im doing some sketching for my collab piece and i am liking this concept...

the line is where i resized her lower half as i thought it was to small, also resized the glasses slightly to keep flowers happy, throw as much crit and comments, you know i can take it.

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
CypressDahlia
CypressDahlia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-15 00:05:27 Reply

When painting skintones, don't just focus on values, also focus on tonality. You also want a variation of colors, not just the same color in various shades. A skintone I often use is off-white -> yellow -> pink -> orange -> brown -> gray, from lightest to darkest. If you use just a lot of shades, your colors will look muddy and not as 3d as you'd like. Also, make good use of hard shadows as well as ambient light to suggest depth and overlapping forms, as well as rim-lighting to accentuate edges. Edges are very important to defining form. there is not alot of rim-lighting if you're painting realistically but I think as artists we can take a few liberties or set up lighting situations where there would be.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-18 07:43:55 Reply

At 3 days ago, CypressDahlia wrote: stuff

thanks Cypress for the pointers, i will try and work on these... and hopefully get a better finished image :D

im going for a very dull pallet at the moment... i might add more colour too the skin and areas once im done... im just trying to get the tones right and the shape... i not its not perfect but merh

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to LegolaSS's Sketchpad 2012-03-25 04:46:50 Reply

here is a little something im working on for the Friday flood... Go join up if you haven't already!

also here is a LINK to the semi finished piece of artwork i did at the start of this page... i don't know if i am going to go back and redo it yet...

at the moment im just putting in blocks of colour to get the tones and general shape and idea down... god knows why i picked something so hard to do... i know the face is all wrong at the moment but like i said im just getting colors down to work with... i want to make the face a bit more colorful as well... i might add a touch of orange...

as always Comments and crit are highly welcome... dont hold back... if you think its crap say so... and i will do my best to change/improve it ^-^

LegolaSS's Sketchpad

BBS Signature