Gi-go
Gi-go
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Filmmaker
Why Adobe sucks 2012-02-22 16:40:01 Reply

I've been using Flash since Macromedia MX. Macromedia would load Flash up with some really helpful tools with each release, and when Adobe bought the program I couldn't wait to see how badass their version would be.

Man was I ever wrong. Flash has been frozen in time at Adobe. They put all their real updates into other programs like Photoshop and After Effects but leave the red headed step child Flash to rot in the basement. Every addition to Flash under Adobe has caused nothing but problems. Every other time I use it I end up having to recover corrupted FLA files, something I never had to do with Macromedia, and I have a powerful machine I usually use for film VFX.

If I didn't use Flash in conjunction with photoshop on my projects there's no way in hell I would be using any of Adobe's versions, but for now I'm stuck with it. I hope one way they wake up and update Flash before it completely dies off, but in the mean time- Fuck you Adobe.

milchreis
milchreis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to Why Adobe sucks 2012-02-22 16:49:07 Reply

And who or what exactly froces you to use their software?

Gi-go
Gi-go
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Filmmaker
Response to Why Adobe sucks 2012-02-22 17:14:27 Reply

At 23 minutes ago, milchreis wrote: And who or what exactly froces you to use their software?

My job froces me to use it

milchreis
milchreis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to Why Adobe sucks 2012-02-22 17:51:23 Reply

At 34 minutes ago, Gi-go wrote: My job froces me to use it

You mentioned photoshop, so I assume you cannot use photoshop with an older version of flash for some reason?

I don't think adobe will ever read about your concerns here, try to contact them.

Gi-go
Gi-go
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Filmmaker
Response to Why Adobe sucks 2012-02-22 18:01:15 Reply

At 7 minutes ago, milchreis wrote:
At 34 minutes ago, Gi-go wrote: My job froces me to use it
You mentioned photoshop, so I assume you cannot use photoshop with an older version of flash for some reason?

I don't think adobe will ever read about your concerns here, try to contact them.

What planet are you from kid? I'm obviously venting, they don't give a shit what I think as long as they keep making money.

milchreis
milchreis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to Why Adobe sucks 2012-02-22 18:44:04 Reply

At 40 minutes ago, Gi-go wrote: they don't give a shit what I think as long as they keep making money.

This makes the solution pretty obvious, I guess.

Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Why Adobe sucks 2012-02-22 19:13:49 Reply

Yep. 5.5 was pretty much a bugfix update. An â'¬800 bugfix update... Each release gets less and less new features.