StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 03:05 PM Reply

Anyone Bowling for Soup fans? Occasionally I do illustrations for their tshirts, promos, and other things. I did do the Fishing for Woos album art. Here's the latest illustration I did. Its not the best, they needed it asap, so I had to rush.

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 03:06 PM Reply

This drawing was much better.

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM Reply

Working with Guttamind to help him rebrand. I redesign the Guttaball mascot and created a new shirt.

StevRayBro's Stuff

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 03:56 PM Reply

Damn, what an amazing thread to have popped up while I was away.
I love this stuff man, it's all great.
So much nostalgia, also Community props.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Feb. 29th, 2012 @ 01:18 AM Reply

At 3 days ago, StevRayBro wrote:
At 3 hours ago, lovingthedark wrote: Cool stuff. Do you do any drawings that are straight from imagination, with no references to other imagery?
That's new, most people don't want to see my original stuff. Let me know if you want explanations.

I'd love some explanations.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Feb. 29th, 2012 @ 09:34 AM Reply

At 7 hours ago, lovingthedark wrote:
At 3 days ago, StevRayBro wrote:
At 3 hours ago, lovingthedark wrote: Cool stuff. Do you do any drawings that are straight from imagination, with no references to other imagery?
That's new, most people don't want to see my original stuff. Let me know if you want explanations.
I'd love some explanations.

Okay I'mma re-post it so you can see it directly underneath the explanations.

The gingerbread man holding a gun is a character I called Gumdrop Gumshoe. The idea of his story was going be over the top serious and played completely straight and was film noir story about murder. The catch was all the characters were going to be food, especially desert and all the colors were going to be bright vibrant with a lot of hot pinks and bright blues.

The murderer was going to be a man who wanted to preserve woman's beauty by freezing them alive.

The other sketches that is in blue are DoorMatt and Bink, both nick names by the by. Their story is mostly DoorMatt chasing Bink, but is confused on wither or not she's a lesbian. Two subplots I was toying around was DoorMatt being dumped for being "a good guy" and getting a complex about how he deserves a girlfriend and slowly becomes less and less of a good guy because of it.

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Feb. 29th, 2012 @ 04:40 PM Reply

Hong Kong Phooey sketch anyone?

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 02:30 AM Reply

A really fun commission, someone's girlfriend was having a birthday and she loved Troy, Abed, and Annie's Boobs. Also her dog. I just throw them into space, because why the hell not?

StevRayBro's Stuff

renaissancekid
renaissancekid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 07:19 PM Reply

Awesome work mannnnn!!! Keep it up!

Say something nice to someone today!!!!

BBS Signature
StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 05:11 PM Reply

This brings back memories!

StevRayBro's Stuff

Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 7 minutes ago, StevRayBro wrote: This brings back memories!

awesome!

Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 02:01 PM Reply

Another Nightmaremode.netquickie. They wanted a game like Halo with some Stranger than Fiction styled graphics on it.

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 01:01 AM Reply

Here's another Nightmaremode.net illustration. This time the article is a inside look at the fighting game community. I drew Ryu... cause he's iconic! And Poison... because people like traps! Good o' Trapcom. Mmmhm.

I feel like I say this a lot, but this one of those pieces that had the sad fate popping on my list-of-things-to-do when it was already a big list. Well... the coloring is good.. right? Oh and the article (with my illustration) made its way to Penny Arcade, but they pixelated the image and forgot to credit me. Whoops!

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 02:36 PM Reply

I'm going to be doing a Sketch-a-Thon tomorrow at 8pm EST Time, to help promote my favorite Non-For-Profit organization Indiana Uploaded. The stream will be here. And if you would like to know more about the event click here.

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 12:11 PM Reply

Its been a whiel, sorry about that been busy with commissions. I recently did 60 storyboards for the Static Shock fan movie. I had a night to do them all in, so they're not fantastic. But based off the circumstance I really like them.

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 12:16 PM Reply

I've been working with Rye Bread Radio to develop a web-comic based off their "characters" on their radio show. It first started out as an animation which you can see the work in progress shot here. And for fun here's the animatic.

But we decided to go in a completely different route and it was back to the designing board. Though, I think these look really really cool.

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 12:22 PM Reply

I was the background and prop designer for Its-a-Wrap: Wiz Kalifia, and currently the Art Director for Its-a-Wrap: Dizzy Drake and beyond.

Basically my job on the second on and beyond is to create the props and backgrounds, design (some of) the characters, and revamp the rest. So like I typically add shading to the characters and/or color correct them based on the scene.

I'm posting some of the comparisons between the sketches Chris Perkins (the director, writer, animator, and voice actor) gives me. If you want to see more of the behind the scenes stuff check out the blog, www.stevenraybrown.com

This is the post about characters.
And this one is about Backgrounds.

StevRayBro's Stuff

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 3/12/12 02:01 PM, StevRayBro wrote: Another Nightmaremode.netquickie. They wanted a game like Halo with some Stranger than Fiction styled graphics on it.

Not sure what he just shot at but it looks like a pen lol.

At 3/13/12 01:01 AM, StevRayBro wrote: Here's another Nightmaremode.net illustration. This time the article is a inside look at the fighting game community. I drew Ryu... cause he's iconic! And Poison... because people like traps! Good o' Trapcom. Mmmhm.

I feel like I say this a lot, but this one of those pieces that had the sad fate popping on my list-of-things-to-do when it was already a big list. Well... the coloring is good.. right? Oh and the article (with my illustration) made its way to Penny Arcade, but they pixelated the image and forgot to credit me. Whoops!

Poison's fighting stance while kicking like that looks awkward lol. Cool how your pic is feature in Penny Arcade, even though given how you describe it, it sounds like they stolen it xD.

At 3/14/12 02:36 PM, StevRayBro wrote: I'm going to be doing a Sketch-a-Thon tomorrow at 8pm EST Time, to help promote my favorite Non-For-Profit organization Indiana Uploaded. The stream will be here. And if you would like to know more about the event click here.

I wonder if I'm late on checking that out >3>

At 4/16/12 12:11 PM, StevRayBro wrote: Its been a whiel, sorry about that been busy with commissions. I recently did 60 storyboards for the Static Shock fan movie. I had a night to do them all in, so they're not fantastic. But based off the circumstance I really like them.

How it's like storyboarding? Plus wow, 60 pics in one night!? Even if they are rush, that's alot :O

At 4/16/12 12:16 PM, StevRayBro wrote: I've been working with Rye Bread Radio to develop a web-comic based off their "characters" on their radio show. It first started out as an animation which you can see the work in progress shot here. And for fun here's the animatic.

But we decided to go in a completely different route and it was back to the designing board. Though, I think these look really really cool.

Stylish. I laugh on animatic, can't wait to see that come.

At 4/16/12 12:22 PM, StevRayBro wrote: I was the background and prop designer for Its-a-Wrap: Wiz Kalifia, and currently the Art Director for Its-a-Wrap: Dizzy Drake and beyond.

Basically my job on the second on and beyond is to create the props and backgrounds, design (some of) the characters, and revamp the rest. So like I typically add shading to the characters and/or color correct them based on the scene.

I'm posting some of the comparisons between the sketches Chris Perkins (the director, writer, animator, and voice actor) gives me. If you want to see more of the behind the scenes stuff check out the blog, www.stevenraybrown.com

This is the post about characters.
And this one is about Backgrounds.

Hard to see the driving wheel with the black T-shirt a little but I guess as the animation goes I can ignore that.

BBS Signature
StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 04:46 PM Reply

I agree with you on all the points you made. Yea the live streams over, but I do have the results of the first round here and the second one here. What was cool was we were able to raise $600 to the cause.

Here's the second album cover I did. The first was Bowling for Soup's 11th studio album, and the second one; this one is for Crappy Record's Have a Crappy Summer.

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 07:53 PM Reply

At 2/28/12 02:44 PM, StevRayBro wrote: Working with Guttamind to help him rebrand. I redesign the Guttaball mascot and created a new shirt.

As mention by this quote, I redesign Guttamind.com 's mascot. Now we're doing a series of photos where we're photo-shopping the mascot into famous pictures and events.

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:12 PM Reply

I helped out this youtube channelwith its branding. Its doesn't have any videos as of yet but it has a pretty strong support.

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:13 PM Reply

Here's a quick sketch of Alison Brie.

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Apr. 26th, 2012 @ 08:49 AM Reply

Sometimes I like to pretend to be artsy.

StevRayBro's Stuff

StevRayBro
StevRayBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Artist
Response to StevRayBro's Stuff Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 03:55 PM Reply

Avenger's poster parody, its also on the portal.

StevRayBro's Stuff