Mattster
Mattster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:26 PM Reply

The new thumbnail hovers look awesome! Great work :D

I was just checking out the Calendar. . . it is a great feature, but I personally find it hard to focus on & read. My opinion:
-Increase the size of the day #, it just seems too small for a calendar
-Darken days with no events, that would possibly , and maybe gray-out boxes from the previous/next month

Just an idea :3

Medals bug FIXED and other bugs.

RubberSocks
RubberSocks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, Mattster wrote: The new thumbnail hovers look awesome! Great work :D

I was just checking out the Calendar. . . it is a great feature, but I personally find it hard to focus on & read. My opinion:
-Increase the size of the day #, it just seems too small for a calendar
-Darken days with no events, that would possibly , and maybe gray-out boxes from the previous/next month

Just an idea :3

That is a good idea, but a way of making the #'s bigger is to add them to the backgrounds. That would simplify things, and add more space fro the event

BBS Signature
close-sex-encounters
close-sex-encounters
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:26 PM Reply

I understand that these may not exactly be bugs themselves, but a few things to point out. You can no longer search for Audio Portal users using the search bar at the top of the window and it's very finicky when it comes to song titles. Also, scores are no longer shown when browsing genres even when sorted by score.

deathink
deathink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:06 PM Reply

sweet, it looks like we have titles back, it feels a little more like newgrounds now!

"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone" -RicePirate

BBS Signature
Eltro2kneo
Eltro2kneo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:34 PM Reply

At 25 minutes ago, deathink wrote: sweet, it looks like we have titles back, it feels a little more like newgrounds now!

And the scores are being shown beneath the icons too. :D

Words do not kill people, people kill words.
You have no enemies, you are your enemy.
Eltro Mato

COOPERsPLANET
COOPERsPLANET
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:02 PM Reply

The thumbnails look so much better, nice work guys!

The only thing left for me that I liked better on the old site was scoring. Is there any chance to bring back the number scoring, maybe in addition to the stars? Since daily top 5 any other things are ranked on the score, you can't really tell what score each submission had by looking at the stars, the numbers gave us a more precise ranking system.

Do people here agree or am I alone??

Mattster
Mattster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 30 minutes ago, COOPERsPLANET wrote: The thumbnails look so much better, nice work guys!

The only thing left for me that I liked better on the old site was scoring. Is there any chance to bring back the number scoring, maybe in addition to the stars? Since daily top 5 any other things are ranked on the score, you can't really tell what score each submission had by looking at the stars, the numbers gave us a more precise ranking system.

Do people here agree or am I alone??

Agreed. Currently, if you hover over the stars it will tell you the rating out of 5, but it would nice to see that maybe beside the stars, or some place where you don't have to hover :P

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:06 PM Reply

Gaining medals is going well. No bugs yet.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:58 AM Reply

HOW BOUT THAT VOICE ACTING RADIO FUNDRAISER?!?!?!?! Ahem...

Also, a little bit ago you mentioned that people were complaining about not really being drawn to the featured window at the top of the home page. This may be a personal issue, but I have a hard time focusing on one thing at once. A lot of things are fighting for my attention as soon as I hit the homepage on top of the fact that the background art seems to blend things together with the color choice. It's nice art, but I feel something that would separate it from the actual content might make it easier to focus on the featured stuff.

Like Let's Plays? Click Down Below... *Winky Face*

BBS Signature
RedMongoose
RedMongoose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:02 AM Reply

getting closer

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:32 AM Reply

Any chance on being able to have some sort of arrow button to scroll through art pieces in the art portal like before? Major pain to have to keep clicking back to go back to the main art page every time instead of just clicking "next piece." Especially from a modding standpoint.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:33 AM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Captain-Ben wrote: Any chance on being able to have some sort of arrow button to scroll through art pieces in the art portal like before? Major pain to have to keep clicking back to go back to the main art page every time instead of just clicking "next piece." Especially from a modding standpoint.

That existed? OH GOD I'M SO UNOBSERVANT.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:51 AM Reply

At 2 hours ago, lovingthedark wrote: That existed? OH GOD I'M SO UNOBSERVANT.

your not the only one O-O

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:20 AM Reply

At 17 hours ago, RicePirate wrote: Also, have you noticed a difference in the rev stream with the redesign yet?

Contributor revenue is up due to better ad placement on content and user pages but site revenue is down. Ditching the page skins has hurt and people apparently responded better to the 300x250 ads on the old Game and Movie hubs, where they had character art above them which possibly drew more attention to the space. We're gonna have to reconsider running some page skin ads but I want to to develop better ways to cover the budget vs slapping up more ads.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:23 AM Reply

At 13 hours ago, close-sex-encounters wrote: I understand that these may not exactly be bugs themselves, but a few things to point out. You can no longer search for Audio Portal users using the search bar at the top of the window and it's very finicky when it comes to song titles. Also, scores are no longer shown when browsing genres even when sorted by score.

We'll need to revisit having an author search, I picture something that just turns up user page links vs content by that author.

I'm seeing the scores when I browse genres - try clearing your cache in case that's the issue.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:03 AM Reply

At 8 hours ago, JaShinYa wrote: HOW BOUT THAT VOICE ACTING RADIO FUNDRAISER?!?!?!?! Ahem...

Also, a little bit ago you mentioned that people were complaining about not really being drawn to the featured window at the top of the home page. This may be a personal issue, but I have a hard time focusing on one thing at once. A lot of things are fighting for my attention as soon as I hit the homepage on top of the fact that the background art seems to blend things together with the color choice. It's nice art, but I feel something that would separate it from the actual content might make it easier to focus on the featured stuff.

I mentioned the fundraiser in there!

Stamper has been working at a new version of the feature box, to hopefully make everything POP better.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:03 AM Reply

At 8 hours ago, Captain-Ben wrote: Any chance on being able to have some sort of arrow button to scroll through art pieces in the art portal like before? Major pain to have to keep clicking back to go back to the main art page every time instead of just clicking "next piece." Especially from a modding standpoint.

Yeah this wasn't intended to be left out so it needs to be revisited.

BBS Signature
palagriz
palagriz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:39 AM Reply

heya tom,jus wondering,i know the bug i told ya about has been reported,but i was wondering if it is fixed yet.also im not entirely sure,but the website keeps giving me a hiccup by not displaying any backgrounds or content.it just gives links.if ya remember,im using windos vista and the latest firefox update. as for my project things are looking up well.i still need the fileshare up and going if im to complete the project.

BBS Signature
JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:50 AM Reply

At 45 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote:
At 8 hours ago, JaShinYa wrote: HOW BOUT THAT VOICE ACTING RADIO FUNDRAISER?!?!?!?! Ahem...

I mentioned the fundraiser in there!

Stamper has been working at a new version of the feature box, to hopefully make everything POP better.

I know! I'm just being an attention whore. haha

Also, am I seeing things or did the gray in between the sections just show up or have they always been there?

Like Let's Plays? Click Down Below... *Winky Face*

BBS Signature
Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:53 AM Reply

At 8 minutes ago, palagriz wrote: heya tom,jus wondering,i know the bug i told ya about has been reported,but i was wondering if it is fixed yet.also im not entirely sure,but the website keeps giving me a hiccup by not displaying any backgrounds or content.

This is my problem too. Like this, right?

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:16 AM Reply

Here's a little suggestion...

When you click on the 'Link' button once in a post to add a link to a label, and then use it again, the second time round, the first link you used remains in the URL box so you have to highlight it all and replace it with a new link.

To fix this, why not automatically make anything in the URL box highlighted? That way, when you paste the link in the box, it overrides the link there is.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:03 PM Reply

I HATE COUNTING TO FIVE.

I wish liljim would stab tom in the ass!

original I am.

BBS Signature
COOPERsPLANET
COOPERsPLANET
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:46 PM Reply

At 11 hours ago, JaShinYa wrote: HOW BOUT THAT VOICE ACTING RADIO FUNDRAISER?!?!?!?! Ahem...

Also, a little bit ago you mentioned that people were complaining about not really being drawn to the featured window at the top of the home page.

I totally agree too; It's a shame cause it does look cool, but for a while I just thought it was advertisements. Maybe get rid of that bar on it, and have different effect other than the static.

Mattster
Mattster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:54 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, bilalz wrote: i don't like the new calender on the front page, it's less calender-ish.

It's not a calendar, just a list of upcoming events, which comes from the calendar.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:04 PM Reply

Hey, I've noticed that you've also fixed the bug where you go to click on a medal on someone else's page and instead of taking you to the actual game, it just takes you to the list of medals. I believe that has been fixed, as I tried it on your own profile. The only thing I wish you could now do is see the top rated things of all time as well as the bottom rated. I don't know if you'll fix that, or if that's something you wanted to change.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Mattster wrote:
At 1 hour ago, bilalz wrote: i don't like the new calender on the front page, it's less calender-ish.
It's not a calendar, just a list of upcoming events, which comes from the calendar.

...and just like that, they changed it. Looks good the new way. Do you plan on doing more with the actual calendar itself?!

color coded

Mattster
Mattster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:36 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Mattster wrote: It's not a calendar, just a list of upcoming events, which comes from the calendar.
...and just like that, they changed it. Looks good the new way. Do you plan on doing more with the actual calendar itself?!
color coded

Ooo, that looks good! Seeing as each section of the site is color coded, I think that would work well.

I hope they do more with the calendar, it could be so much more :3

BankaiHollowIchigo
BankaiHollowIchigo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:58 PM Reply

Umm Tom not to be a pain in the ass but when I added any game,movie,ect. to my favorites list it game to a html and when i reloaded the page it said "Are you sure your from Newgrounds.com" and when I tried to vote the Pico faces dont even move or say the # i clicked.Please fixed this Tom either my laptop is not working right or its the other bugs you said.

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, BankaiHollowIchigo wrote: Umm Tom not to be a pain in the ass but when I added any game,movie,ect. to my favorites list it game to a html and when i reloaded the page it said "Are you sure your from Newgrounds.com"

That isn't a glitch I think.Or maybe it is.

BBS Signature
mako94
mako94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 12:25 AM Reply

Any idea when we can delete audio tracks we made?