BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-20 10:52:57 Reply

Borrowed from this thread
I was curious and decided to draw up a list of questions for you guys because I'd like to get to know you better.
Here is an example of me answering the questions-
-------------------------------
What is your favorite part of art?
Seeing my artwork on the Art Portal or my profile. I like critiques from people because I can get better.
What got you to start drawing in the first place?
Crayola colored pencils and how to draw books from my school. I felt so proud when I was young and stayed between the lines :'D. Ok but seriously, it was my poor drawing skills being compared to my classmates. My artwork was always bad and I felt bad when everyone else's pieces looked nice and mine didn't.
fun fact-I almost failed art class in 7th grade :O
How long have you been drawing for?
9 years (i'm 15 so do the math :P)
What types of artwork do you enjoy?
I like paintings and conceptual art. I also enjoy making quick cartoons as well.
What programs do you use to draw/paint?
Adobe Photoshop CS5 and a Wacom Bamboo Capture. I also use a sketchbook, BIC mechanical pencil and any ball point pen.
What is your best work to date?
This. I sketched it on paper in October for my science team "The Sharks" flag. I scanned it and colored it in Photoshop, now it's a flag in our classroom :D
Who do you look up to?
I look up to IamI2002.
Do you have any other creative hobbies besides drawing/painting?
I animate Flash games. ;D
Tell me about yourself!

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-20 11:13:49 Reply

The "rt". Really ends the word on a solid and admirable phonetic ground.

I have many dressers, but it was about high fucking time to get myself a drawer and everything followed through from there.

About 3:00pm.

Lighting and Psychic-type.

I have built myself an automated "Motherfuckerbot" to draw and paint in my place. It runs on the latest "Motherfuck" OS.

I only pretend to work. Sorry, bro.

Who do you look up to?

The intangible and abstract concept of Dignity as told my tenpin bowling pins.

Several, most are dead but i have managed to keep one or two alive by locking them in my basement and force-feeding them broken dreams.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-20 11:51:19 Reply

Alright... I guess I can play ball here....

Probably the initial creation process. Sketching ideas seems to really intrigue me.

Well, originally, it was me and a few friends goofing around and seeing who could draw better.
I lost a lot of those little competitions. But even then it wasn't until much later I got much more serious about art.

lets see... I really didn't get very serious about art until about junior and senior years in highschool So about 6-8 years ago.
I guess I can share some fun facts too; My senior year I talked my school and teachers in to allowing me to take two art classes that year, Art 2 and Advanced Art.

Fantasy and SciFi art have to be my biggest attraction. Since they reflect a lot of my own interest

Pen and Pencil are probably my best tools. Other than them I use Illustrator, Photoshop, Maya, 3DsMax and Zbrush,
I have Brice7, but have yet to really use it. I hope to make it a regular of my lineup

This one is difficult. It seems every time I think I got a funny idea, or a good piece, I never get any decent amount feedback on it. So I guess I don't have any good pieces to call my best...

Who do you look up to?

Well... ok... John Howe, Alvin Lee, Larry Elmore, Dean Yeagle, Frank Frezetta, Luis Royo, Brune Hogarth, Stephen Missal, Van Gogh, M.C. Escher, Norman Rockwell... This list can go on for a while.

As for art forum related people. I'm a pretty big fan of all the regulars. They have fostered quite a community here that I personally feel is prime for artistic development.

Yes actually. I enjoy wood working, Cars, robotics, science, Sword play, Metal Working, Comics, Movies, Cartoons, Renaissance fairs, chain-mail, SciFi/Game/Comic Conventions. Video Games, Table Top Games, Chess, Sculpting, Knife Throwing, Airsoft, Music, Guitar Playing and I have a cat.
I think that is all of them... Might have missed one or two...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-20 15:37:48 Reply

At 4 hours ago, BlackMist75 wrote: What is your favorite part of art?

i cant say, its a productive, quiet pass time i guess

When i was in primary school all i did was draw, i was really into it, i drew mostly something that resembled power rangers, something i called leagacy of psychron, to this day i still work on the thing as a hobby, ive tried in the past when i was 10 to actually tell the story witch you can probably find in dark corners of the internet somewhere.

since i was 5

originally it was sentai and mechs that sparked my interests, then i realized that there was such a thing as anime and ive been following that art style for a while now, what really turned me onto the whole Japanese thing was this show hosted by Johnathan Ross that was on BBC three, it was called japanorama and basically showed all the awesome and weird aspects of japan in an entertaining way me being an impressionable young 10 year old splooged at the thought of this mythical land of futurism and innovation.

began with 2B pencils in primary school, went onto MS paint, went back to pencils, then incorporated different pencils and fine liners, then went to gimp2, then cracked and got Photoshop CS5, and finally began using water and fine liner ink in combination to make crap, might try using water colours.

im torn between this and that

Who do you look up to?

MY DICK WHEN ERECT

i write monologues of characters ive made, simply to understand the character better.

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-20 16:24:27 Reply

At 5 hours ago, BlackMist75 wrote:

Bringing imagination to life.

Video games (Drew Megaman and Final Fantasy Fan Art) and cartoons and anime (Drew Pokemon fan art, Dragonball Z fan art, and fake Yu gi oh cards fan art) got me drawing.

When I was like......6 years old, I drew over these print out papers with these bunch of green numbers on the back of it which my parents bought home, I think it was their working papers >.>

Mecha, Fantasy, Creatures, Armored, Modern, CG art, concept art, Anime with style and pretty colors, and semi-realism I guess. Plus things with crazy designs.

I guess this

Who do you look up to?

The artists in my DA faves

Playing videogames, used to play the viola, and.....oh and sleeping, that hobby take lots of effort but it always worth it!

BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-20 17:09:36 Reply

Many artists LOVE talking about themselves and their work. I don't, but I'll answer you regardless.

Progress, both in my own abilities and in art as a whole; where it is going.

I was a solitary child, I didn't get out much to play, I rather stayed inside to draw.

For as long as I can remember I've been drawing.

Modern art and progressive contemporary art, generally. People who put their mind to paper or canvas and not simply recreate the world around them.

Photoshop and Flash with a Wacom Bamboo (since my Graphire is all glitchy now), bristol board with pencil, pen and/or watercolor, canvas with acrylic paint.

Useless bot (below) has probably gotten the best reception in recent years, I've sold prints of it and such.

Who do you look up to?

As far as artists go, here is a short list; Edvard Munch, Vincent VanGogh, Egon Schiele, Sam Keith, Hirohiko Araki, Katsohiro Otomo.

Flash animation, writing prose and poetry.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-20 17:11:36 Reply

Forgot to include image.... derp...

Artists: Tell me about yourself!

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-20 17:20:22 Reply

I like doodling and seeing where it takes me.

In 4th grade, this kid drew a sword and I was like "Dude... That's really cool." so I learned how to draw the stupid sword thing, and it went from there.

I didn't get into it as a hobby until around 4 years ago, and then I actually got into as something really significant to me around 2 years ago.

I like most types of artwork, I don't really have a strong favourite, although I tend to prefer cartoonier things.

When doing traditional art, I usually stick to pen/paper, although I've been learning about charcoal in art class, and I want to get more into watercolour.

That's a good question. I don't really know. It's kind of old at this point, and I don't know if it's my BEST, but it's at least my favourite, I've always been partial to this one:

• Series of 4
    Series of 4 by Spaghetti14

About 10 or so hours went into the making of these 4 pieces. Each measures 2.5 x 3.5 inches. If you have any questions, ask away! :)

Score
    / 5.00
    Type
    Other
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+

Who do you look up to?
In the forums? That's a hard one, I respect a lot of people's talents in here. Two of my favourite forum artists are ImpendingRiot and Aigis, and I'm secretly curious what it would look like if you tried to combine their styles, although I don't really know how you'd do that.

Creative hobbies? I like to play music a lot, I know my way around guitar/bass/uke and I'm slowly learning keyboards. I want to get more familiar with recording soon, so I can submit to the Audio Portal :D Other than music and drawing, I pretty much only hang out with people or use the internet. So I guess I only really do 4 things.

ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-20 17:55:12 Reply

Looking at pieces better than my own stuff.

I was a kid, and its what kids do wen given the proper utensils

This question always bugs me, Most people have been drawing since they could hold a crayon, but I am going to assume you meant seriously, so somewhere along the lines of..... 12-15 years?

Photorealism, traditional drawings (paint can go right off and fuck itself), skilled stuff that i haven't seen umpteen billion times

I dont use any programs, traditional media is where its at (and again, fuck paint and other wet medias)

I dont have a best work.

Who do you look up to?

People taller than me.

Music

argile
argile
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-20 23:01:05 Reply

Just like dreams in a way ,Art is not a medium that is confined stict confines of reality anything is possible.Though I'd really like to work on some original stuff rather than creatively distorting what exists in some way or another

I'm not sure what initially got me started with this hobbie,it just sort of happened but it was just fan art the majority of the time

roughly 8 years

I like a bit of everything but What I like most seem to be Mechanical,science fiction,Horror,animals and small cartoon elements

Mspaint and Gimp before it was mainly pens and pencils but I've worked with Clay and painting a few times

None to name

Who do you look up to?

No one really but I've sort of looked up to A lot of the Golden Age animations that I saw as a kid \

Video Editing, Music,Video games, Physiological development,

z28ump
z28ump
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-21 01:24:17 Reply

Viewing others artwork to inspire myself. I also really like seeing other people improve and develop their own style.

I took an art class in highschool because I needed an elective, and ended up really enjoying it. Now I just draw for fun when I have the time.

7-8 years

I like Sci-fi, fantasy, and vehicle drawings as the subject for detailed works, but I love cartoon drawing as well.

Usually just a mechanical pencil on a sketchpad, but I like trying my hand at all sorts of traditional mediums. It has made me appreciate works of all types and the difficulty of using those tools.

I don't really feel like I have one. There are things I like or dislike about each one.

Who do you look up to?

My favorite artist is probably Frank Frazetta.

I like to work on cars, airsoft, and make short movies.

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-21 07:28:17 Reply

I love these kinds of things. Lol posting in my phone kinda feels awkward. :3

I guess my favorite part is generally making fan art of other people's work and also making money out of it. Also seeing other people's work which are exponentially better than my own.

I wanted to feel special so I tried to pick up a pencil.

I started when I was 10. So 6 years in total. I remember drawing goku lol.

I like anime, realism, political and abstract drawings.

Photoshop, mouse (sorry no tablet), pen and paper.

I think all my art all suck balls equally.

Who do you look up to?

I think I look up to many regulars here. I especially Newgrounds artists like Aigis, Ornery, TOAS, Nekow, Vonschlippe, k-Sabtastic, ReNaeNae, Redminus, Rhunyc, J-qb, LaserKarl, Keepwalking, Alvinhew, Jouste, Jazza, Pixelcake, Mark-er and many others.

I play the piano and write sappy love poems. (depressing ones too.)

Tell me about yourself!

Hi! My name is Paul! I like to pretend I'm an artist. That is all.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-21 07:49:07 Reply

At 20 hours ago, BlackMist75 wrote: What is your favorite part of art?

Character designing. It's a whole lot of fun. I... Don't have anything insightful to say here.

The desire to make flash animations. That desire fell away after I realised how boring making flash animations was though.

I was doing finger paintings when I was a toddler, so I guess all my life. I've only gotten into drawing properly in the last few years though.

I'm a big fan of cartoons and comics. I also enjoy higher art, and do go to the museum sometimes. I'm 'cultured', ladies.

Manga Studio (for lines and tones) and Photoshop (for colour).

I still like my profile picture the best.

Who do you look up to?

Comic artists like Jamie Hewlett and Brian Lee O'Malley, and webcomic artists like Aaron Diaz and Meredith Gran.

I write comics. Then I draw those comics.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-21 07:50:29 Reply

Looking at what other people can do... and feeling proud of myself for about 5 seconds after i have done something that took me hours apon hours to do (and looks vaguely good)

Nothing to do, parents give you paper and pencils and away you go!

ever since i could hold a pencil, but i have yet to do anything like commissions *apart from friends*

i enjoy doing?... i like doing quick sketches of people and painting with acrylic on miniatures around 25mm in size... smaller things with lots of detail rather then something larger and less detail...

MS Paint (not the new one!), Flash MX Pro, Photoshop (CS something), Paper and pencils, was given a new sketch book recently. i use a wacom now, before that it was a mouse (i did have another tablet but i rarely used it * wasn't really mine*)

Normally what ever is the most resent thing i have done... but i HATE "showing off" or "bragging", i don't want to seem like a dick, tell me what needs improving rather then saying "oh that's nice, i really like that or some other useless garbage" i dont take compliments well...

Who do you look up to?

if you mean artists, its anyone whos work stands out from the crowd, normally they have very good artwork... miniature wise its people who do a ton of detail on tiny objects, in art on 2d its anyone who can create atmosphere and feeling from a piece and not just a bland (even if its fantastic) picture...

War gaming (40k, Lotr, warhammer, a few others) , TF2 (prophunt), Live Action Role Playing, MTG *play it now and again*, table top roleplaying (DnD for example) and newgrounds... *sigh*

Tell me about yourself!

just did...

BBS Signature
monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-21 12:57:08 Reply

It's a mixture of creating and the inability to stop growing. It's exciting to bring ideas to life, and when you start learning more and more about different styles and techniques, the easier it becomes to do just that.

I always figured I'd do something in art, simply because I wasn't really good at anything else, but I didn't take it very seriously untilI 8th grade. I was visiting the Hide Museum, Hide was a rockstar from my hometown, and hanging on the walls amongst all his rockstar things were some doodles of his from when he was in high school. They were portraits of the members of Kiss on lined paper, and I can remember thinking to myself, "These are awesome! He did this in high school? I'm already in 8th grade, and I'm not even close!" This is also the moment I stopped drawing anime/manga and focused primarily on realism. I've just recently begun putting those elements back into my drawings.

Always, but again, not really seriously until 8th grade. I guess that's 6 or 7 years ago.

I like to buy books titled "The Art of Insert Movie Here", because I love looking at conceptual art and the development of characters, props, scenery, and how they all come together to form one ginormous, amazing thing.

Computer wise, Corel Painter 12, Photoshop whatever, Autodesk Autosketch (for quick doodles), and Google Sketchup (when I don't have the time or energy to work out perspective). Not computer wise, I've used just about everything but prefer pencils, inks, and watercolors.

It doesn't exist.

Who do you look up to?

My parents. As far as artists are concerned, I can't really say. There are so many artists I look up to for one reason or another.

Music. I pick up any instrument I can get my hands on, piano, guitar, upright bass, sax, I even have a bagpipe. As much as I play written music though, I've never been great at writing it myself, which is frustrating. Instead I enjoy stalking and fangirl-ing over local musicians. <3

The End.

Hurumi
Hurumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-21 18:18:00 Reply

Being able to look at other people's art and mine.
When I was in MS I used to just trace a lot then started drawing DB characters from a book that an art teacher in MS had.
Not sure I think since I was 12 or 13
I like realism and anime mostly.
Paint Tool SAI, Penclis, Sharpies, and a sketchbook
This I felt really after I finished it yet I couldn't even do anime me before never finished it.http://gothiclolitaangel.deviantart.com/#/d4pigbg
Who do you look up to?
Artists like Bleedman and many others.
Well I'm trying to create a manga and I wanna do animation.

Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-21 20:59:58 Reply

At 1 day ago, BlackMist75 wrote: What is your favorite part of art?

I enjoy watching my progression as an artist. I like to see my skill improve over time, and be able to look back on it and know that, even though I don't feel like I did, I did improve.

I'm not really sure. I'm going to take an educated guess, though, and say it was from reading manga. It was a good reference and all of the action scenes really interested me. However, I don't think it set a good base for the rest of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Seriously, about 3 years. Boring doodles, about 5 years. Generically, since I was 3 or 4, and I had these markers and a dry erase board... and then I would draw on the whiteboards at my dad's work when he brought me in to pick up his check, lol.

I am open to most art. I really dislike abstract, but I am learning to... appreciate it. I can't really say I have a favorite style of art, since I look up to many artists that use all kinds of different styles.

I actually prefer traditional media to digital. I feel like I have more control. I like using pencils the most, but I also enjoy using acrylics. I really dislike watercolors and colored pencils. I do create digital art, and when I do, I use my intuos4 tablet and Paint Tool SAI. I usually use Photoshop for touchup of textures. (grr, textures)

I'm not really of fan of my own artwork... whatever I completed last is usually my favorite, but after a week or so I start to grow a hate for it... and then I just glare at it until I try to make something better to replace it. Good motivation, I guess.

Who do you look up to?

Too many to list them all, honestly. Although I can appreciate the work of famous artists, I think the ones that I look up to the most and have the biggest impact on me are the ones right here on the forum. You guys are the bestest :3

I play soccer :) (that's creative... right? Meh...). I've dabbled in animation, but it's not really as enjoyable for me. I don't usually have time to pursue other hobbies, so I usually just stick with the one.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-21 23:01:17 Reply

The creative process- figuring out how to transform raw materials into something visually stimulating. Also what BmK said- progress is awesome.
What got you to start drawing in the first place?/ How long have you been drawing for?

Always enjoyed art in school. I got drastically better at drawing when I got to college.

Almost easier to say what i don't like. Hate space art. Like realism, but like it best when it's balanced by the imagination- hyperrealists always disappoint me, the way that they copy straight from photographs without improving on them. Hate anime. Love seeing unconventional materials get used.

Art Rage and Photoshop, though I can work in Illustrator if needed. I mostly work traditional media- painting, drawing, claywork, metal and jewelry work, found object stuff. A few videos pieces, but I tend to avoid those because they feel like a huge investment to get right. Various others.

I'm fond of everything in my portal gallery except the dog picture, which I'm considering deleting. I have difficulty evaluating them against each other, probably because the mediums differ so much.
Who do you look up to?

Orn's pretty damned tall. He's sort of in the same track a few years ahead careerwise as I am, inasmuch as I know what I'm doing, and he's been very nice about letting me badger him when I'm confused. Also he really is tall.

The Pre-Raphaelites are an influence, but I don't want my work to look like theirs. I admire them for how they approach art and craft with a unified aesthetic, and I appreciate how they took inspiration from contemporary and medieval literature.
Several of my art teachers over the years- I particularly worship the lady in this video .

I'm also intruiged by the sphere of authors, performers, artists, and musicians that surround Amanda Palmer- they seem to have a fuck-yes-let's-do-this-shit approach to creativity and collaboration that I greatly admire.

Riot's a mean storyteller. Really I could give you a very long list of artists that I enjoy, but I don't see most of them influencing my work in any direct sort of way.

I sing badly and play the ukulele badly. I'm a damned good cook. I'm crazy flexible, though that's more luck than skill.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

bigCman321
bigCman321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-21 23:18:43 Reply

That feeling when I know something will look awesome, also that feeling when people agree that it is awesome.

Crayon coloring in pre-school lol. I was always that kid who loved drawing dinosaurs and stuff. Recently it was an art class I took last semester that peaked my interest again (I got a B in that class...). Most of the art I did in high-school was doodles on my notes.

Man I don't know. Ever since I could hold a crayon/pencil what ever.

Badass things. Generally involving fantasy or scifi. Realistic or stylized, as long as it's pretty. Attractive women help too.

I'm "that guy" who uses an iPad 2 to paint. I'm using an app called ArtStudio to right now. I used to just use paper and pencil (and only last semester during a class I used gouache paints).

I don't know. I recently did a cool batman pic that I'm proud of. Nothing really blows away the rest yet though.

Who do you look up to?

Adonihis on deviantart. This guy's art is spectacular. http://adonihs.deviantart.com/
There are others, but this guy is the one that comes to mind first.

I used to make levels in Little Big Planet 2 (not enough time anymore).
http://lbp.me/u/bigCman123/levels

Tell me about yourself!

We should all totally share a piece of art we did along with our post. I'll be the first one (art whore).

Hyptosis
Hyptosis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-22 04:36:24 Reply

Neat stuff, good reads and helps me better know some of you cats. :P

bloo-apple
bloo-apple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-22 05:34:52 Reply

Being able to show

Since I was a kid... I always loved doodling...
I didn't get serious about improving until high school, when I picked up drawing graffiti
I picked up drawing on the computer towards the middle of high school.

I like graffiti, psychedelic art, character art (such as video game character art), and logos

I use Flash and sometimes Photoshop...

My Mario Desktop Design is my best

Who do you look up to?
Alex Grey, Shane Glines, and some others...

I use to program flash games, I need to get back into it...

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-22 06:00:49 Reply

Looking at it

Parents lied to me and told me I was amazing when I was a kid

Around the time I turned 20 is when I started trying to stop sucking at drawing, so 3 years

I like good ones, sometimes I like sucky ones because then they are funny

My brain has this program called imagination that it'll run from time to time

Don't have one, they all suck

Who do you look up to?

Whatever smart aleck remarks other people said before me, and good artists. People from Newgrounds who I think are cool are Monsterparty, Lux, Tre, Cloudy, JQB, Riot and a few others

I'm in a band

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
mega-supreme
mega-supreme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-22 07:06:09 Reply

:What is your favorite part of art?
seeing the end product

everyone said i'm good at it, and it stops me being so pissed off and fighting all the time.

2-3 years i think

art that makes my own pictures look like stickmen.

pencil/pen and paper and any free computer software i can get my hands on.

no idea

Who do you look up to?

tall people

i write poems too, they're not very good.

PezzaRights
PezzaRights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-22 11:53:14 Reply

Seeing something in my head come to life in a visual medium.

Seeing Pokemon for the first time when I was younger . It was pretty much the first anime I'd ever seen, and it wowed me.

I've been drawing bit by bit since it was about 13, I took art in highscool, and started a Bachelor of Animation course about a year ago., but dropped out. I just don't like being forced to animate and draw. I like doing it at my own pace.

I like any sort of cartoon/anime realism, and most of the stuff on Newgrounds, really. I love Egoraptors tankgirl background.

Adobe Photoshop CS4 and a Wacom Intuos4. I'm more tuned to classic mediums though.

One of two. One of SSJ Gohan from Dragonball Z, or a Concept drawing of the K & H From the Kingdom Hearts logo, with a heart in the background, and the crown seen all over Sora resting in the middle of the heart. The latter is a tattoo design, and both are pencil and paper.

Who do you look up to?

A range of people. On the internet, Jeph Jacques for his ability to keep up with a comic a day, Aaron Diaz for his beautiful abilities with creating art, Trudy Cooper for her brilliant sense of humor. In a more traditional sense, Pablo Picasso. He is the only man I've ever heard of who has progressed artistically, backwards. For those who don't know his story, he was a master artist when he was very young, but as he got older and had children, he realised that he never drew the same way most other children did, so he set out to capture the innocence of a child's artwork, using his son as his muse. In his own eyes though, he could never reach the level of innocence he desired.

I play bass.

This is my art.

I'm Peter. I like to Yoyo, play Bass, draw and cook.

PezzaRights
PezzaRights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-22 11:54:23 Reply

His name is Super Douche. Cause he's a douche.

I'm Peter. I like to Yoyo, play Bass, draw and cook.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-22 13:57:06 Reply

Guess I'll just join in then

Improving, the feeling when a piece just comes together much better than you initially imagined it.

Dunno, I've always liked drawing had a bit of a knack for it too I guess. Emphasis on a bit. I never really did it seriously though.

3 years

I can appreciate many different works of art, but I'd say I enjoy modernist stuff best (I know; that's still broad as hell).
I enjoy drawing abstract(ed) stuff, but I also find it quite hard.

Photoshop CS5 and Wacom Bamboo

I make music (rehearse a band on proff basis and play in an orchestra)

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
MadCow
MadCow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-22 14:57:12 Reply

What the hell does that even mean? What kind of question is that? Be more specific you motherfucking retard.

Uhhh, I guess when I was a kid I'd watch like Dragonball Z & shit and thought it was badass so I wanted to draw that type of shit. I'd do little doodles and kids/teachers would tell me they were good, so I kept doing it.

Probably 10+ years, but I stopped sucking/drawing gay 2/10 anime knockoff shit about 5 or so years ago

Drawing, painting, photoshop bullshit

photoshop CS & flash 8, but digital art is for punk pussies that dont wanna actually draw/paint for realsies

Whatever I'm currently working on. I always try to make my newest thing something different and/or the best thing i've done to date. My personal favorite though is this big poster-size drawing of this creature i made up called a bearterfly that I haven't uploaded to the internet yet

Who do you look up to?

random deviant art people like this guy and random artists i come across like this guy. i look up to people that have created a unique style that i can see a piece & know it was by them without it being labeled. theres some good artists on newgrounds too, but i refuse to ride anyones dick here

making avant garde musique concrete (like my internationally acclaimed "crime" series (re-issued limited autographed special edition coming soon for only $199.99))~
& miscellaneous experimental beats & whatnot

Tell me about yourself!

i am literally the sexiest motherfucker alive.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-22 16:03:57 Reply

I like lots of different things, and I'd say it depends on the piece I'm working on. When I'm actually feeling really creative, it's the idea-forming process. Sometimes it's the sketching, sometimes the coloring, sometimes it's when I feel like I did a decent job with a piece.

I started looking up professional art on the internet and it inspired me- I'd say the artist that really made me want to start creating too was Greg Simkins.

I've been drawing with the intent of improving since about 8th grade, so about 5 years.

I love lots of things! I like abstract art, I like surrealism, I like art nouveau, I like concept art, I like cartoon art. As shallow as it may be to say, I generally prefer things that I personally find aesthetically pleasing, and I love imagination.

Corel Painter 11 is what I primarily draw in, though when it comes to trying things like pixel art or some little editing touches, I will work in Photoshop. I draw on a Wacom Intuos 4 Medium.

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/luxembourg/foreign
I think Foreign is my best piece. Yep. Technically, it's detailed with a lot of shading and lighting, I feel really good about the concept and meaning behind it, and I left my comfort zone in drawing it. I just wish I could make something I feel as good about now. Sigh.

Who do you look up to?

Lots of people! I look up to a lot of professionals, all for different things. For ideas and detail, I really appreciate Greg Simkins, Moki Mioke, and McBess. Stylistically, I love Jen Wang and Julian Callos, just to name a few. On Newgrounds, I have a lot of respect for J-qb, Knocturne, TOAS, Hoboweasel, Hyptosis, Captain-Carrion, and there are others but these ones jump to mind first for me.

I play the violin and recently started playing the concertina. I love coming up with my own music for both of them, and I play the violin in an Orchestra. I also write short stories.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-22 16:28:39 Reply

Why the heck not.

Getting stuff out of my head onto paper. It never turns out how you pictured it in your head but that's why we all try to improve right?

I don't really remember but I've always been that asshole kid drawing alone in the corner of the room since kindergarten. I was pretty bored of the other kids because my mental age was a lil bit higher and then I discovered anything is possible on paper I guess. Maybe that is the same thing that keeps me going today. Visualizing your weird ideas.

Pfffff.. forever. I took a 2 year break 8 or so years ago because MMORPGs raped be but other than that I drew since I can remember.

I enjoy almost everything that has originality to it. Granted, pure fantasy / sci-fi isn't my cup of tea. I rather see those mixed together. Often it's the content I look for, not the style the artist chose.

Flash for vectors and Photoshop for everything else. I used Illustrator for a period of time but Flash pretty much replaced it.

That's a really tough decision because I don't really have a fixed style and don*t prefer one over another, so I guess I take the best out of all cathegories?
Favorite Sketch style
Favorite Vector style
Favorite Pixel

Who do you look up to?

Won't tell. :P

Writing and animation. Both drawing and animation are ways to breathe life into my concepts.

BBS Signature
hochpoch
hochpoch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Artists: Tell me about yourself! 2012-02-23 21:31:45 Reply

Being able to express myself in any way I want
The boredom i faced in school. I would just doodle on every piece of paper handed to me
fun fact-Teachers hate that, to this day
since i could pick up a writing utensil. (about 14 years)
surreal. I hate normality, i believe that people and every day objects are too common. So drawing them does not interest me.
Wh000at programs do you use to draw/paint?
I use prisma colors, pencil, and pen...on paper. real paper.
Picture is located at the bottom
Who do you look up to?
escher
I play drums :p
Tell me about yourself!
My name is kyle, and i am weird. Thus i draw weird things. That is about it :p