00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

**mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8**

2,784 Views | 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ladies and gentlemen!

After much deliberation, and hours upon hours of listening and re-listening to 70 fantastic entries, we are pleased to announce the top 8 for the first MAC of 2012.

So, without further ado, and in no particular order, here are your Top 8!

Congratulations to all of you who have made it this far! Your entries have faced tough competition and incredible scrutiny from our first-round judges.

Now, those of you who have made it to the Top 8 will be at the mercy of three of NewGrounds' top orchestral composers, the Trifecta of Awesome! -- DavidOrr, MaestroRage, and ProudAardvark.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
BrokenDeck, LogicalDefiance, and RampantMusik

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-19 00:12:23

NICE

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-19 00:22:18

At 6 minutes ago, Adam-Beilgard wrote: NICE

Nice, indeed.

Although I'm a little upset I wasn't ranked in the Top 8.

Hehehe. I got to listen to amazing tracks by awesome musicians: that's my prize!

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-19 00:26:17

Congrats to all the winners you've really earned it!! The songs in this competition were so unbelievably good so much so that I spent the whole week listening to them as I worked.

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-19 02:39:48

Daaaamn. Didn't make it in. Oh well, it was worth a shot I guess.

Great job everyone!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-19 05:34:53

At 2 hours ago, Supersteph54 wrote: Daaaamn. Didn't make it in. Oh well, it was worth a shot I guess.

Great job everyone!

There was a ludicrous amount of amazing content this time around. It makes me really sad faic I didn't get a chance to jump in and participate (even on a unofficial level). Great work everybody

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-19 09:22:15

At 9 hours ago, RampantMusik wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470537

Holy Crap I made it o.o

Huge thanks to the judges :DD

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-19 09:53:31

Congrats to the top 8!

All submissions deserve their spot! Now let's see who takes the cake... I got my money placed!

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-19 13:56:51

Excellent entries all! Top 8 was really tough to narrow down.

/wipes away single drop of drool
/sharpens red pencil
/dons evil judge hat
/maniacal laughter

BBS Signature

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-19 14:48:26

I feel the temperature rising in this musical kettle! Congratulations to the top 8! We have some great judges so I'm really anxious to see how things turn out.

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-19 16:19:02

At 10 hours ago, MaestroRage wrote:
There was a ludicrous amount of amazing content this time around. It makes me really sad faic I didn't get a chance to jump in and participate (even on a unofficial level). Great work everybody

Ditto. As I listen through these 8 submissions, I keep saying to myself "Man, this judging is going to be really difficult". All of the submissions (including those that didn't make it to the top 8) have been awesome!

BBS Signature

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-19 16:46:43

Didnt make it :(

It's all right though. The guys that made it totally deserved it!! Anyone else that didnt make it, keep makin music and dont get discouraged!! Remember to have fun!

Congrats guys!

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-20 00:47:29

I so hope this is coming next year, I reckon if I put more time into the one I submitted I may have gotten a good place. But seriously I'm so glad that the competition was so high, it really shows that Newgrounds audio artists aren't solely based on electronic music.

- If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot.

- Being organised is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-20 10:19:50

C:/ongrtlns.Mac12cntstnts

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-20 11:26:50

Congratulations to the lot of ya. Some absolutely amazing pieces right here.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-21 05:59:35

Wow! Thanks for the top 8 judges! That was quicker than expected too! The entries this Mac were excellent. Very greatful for a top 8 place! Thanks soooo much. Feel a bit of a shame for some participants who never made it and put in a crazy amount of effort, but this MAC is so hard to place.

BBS Signature

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-21 06:33:05

At 2 days ago, Supersteph54 wrote: Daaaamn. Didn't make it in. Oh well, it was worth a shot I guess.

Great job everyone!

If it's any consolation you made it past the Top 16 stage.

=^_____^=

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-22 15:30:55

Daww, Didn't make it. Although I can't say I expected to, anyway. There were so many amazing submissions this time around and it was a pleasure to listen to them all :D

uwu

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-22 15:36:58

Ya, this was by far the most epic competition I have taken part in... I'm honored just by being able to listen to some of these works... very expressive all in all. Best of luck to the top 8! I can't find an issue with any piece there being among your number. :)

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-22 17:04:21

Awesome! Commendations must go to all the entrants. I said it before but there was lots of skill and effort on display here.

So how long until the final results are in?

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-22 18:27:09

At 1 day ago, PeterSatera wrote: Wow! Thanks for the top 8 judges! That was quicker than expected too! The entries this Mac were excellent. Very greatful for a top 8 place! Thanks soooo much. Feel a bit of a shame for some participants who never made it and put in a crazy amount of effort, but this MAC is so hard to place.

Your piece is definitely my favorite, which says a lot considering the other entries here.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-22 18:29:09

At 1 hour ago, NickPerrin wrote: Awesome! Commendations must go to all the entrants. I said it before but there was lots of skill and effort on display here.

So how long until the final results are in?

The results have already been finalized. I'm just waiting for signature artwork to come in.

Unless you guys want to know now and I can PM the winners their signatures at a later date...

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-22 19:44:29

At 1 hour ago, BrokenDeck wrote: The results have already been finalized. I'm just waiting for signature artwork to come in.

Unless you guys want to know now and I can PM the winners their signatures at a later date...

It looks better if you release it in a grand and big way with the signatures included. IMO.

Unless it's going to take a couple of days. I'm patient, but not THAT patient.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-24 06:47:46

At 1 day ago, Soapbubble wrote: Your piece is definitely my favorite, which says a lot considering the other entries here.

Thanks so much Soapbubble. I really appreciate that. Rampant made some great comments in helping me improve and personally considering the competitions amazing entries I think other tracks have just blown mine away. Amazing compositions.

BBS Signature

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-24 10:04:39

At 1 day ago, Soapbubble wrote: It looks better if you release it in a grand and big way with the signatures included. IMO.

Unless it's going to take a couple of days. I'm patient, but not THAT patient.

The sigs are basically done, I just need to make some revisions. I'm heading to work now and I'll be home around 9 or 10ish NG time. As soon as I'm back I'll get to work finalizing the sigs and verifying them with Brokendeck. So if all goes well, they should be ready tonight :)

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-24 10:51:10

At 44 minutes ago, JebbaL wrote: So if all goes well, they should be ready tonight :)

So... anxious....

Looking forward to the results tonight! :)

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-24 22:38:17

At 11 hours ago, NickPerrin wrote: So... anxious....

Looking forward to the results tonight! :)

Sent the revised sigs to Brokendeck a couple minutes ago... just gotta wait for him to get on and take a look!

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-24 22:57:36

At 17 minutes ago, JebbaL wrote: Sent the revised sigs to Brokendeck a couple minutes ago... just gotta wait for him to get on and take a look!

The anxiety is unbearable..

Response to **mac12: Orchestral Contest Top 8** 2012-02-24 23:28:39

At 29 minutes ago, Bosa wrote:
At 17 minutes ago, JebbaL wrote: Sent the revised sigs to Brokendeck a couple minutes ago... just gotta wait for him to get on and take a look!
The anxiety is unbearable..

The results are up!