Be a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

  • 174,439 Views
  • 3,871 Replies
New Topic
Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2012 @ 04:23 PM

At 5/15/12 02:17 PM, Teqneek wrote: I forgot to link SonicWombat's swag too, so that equals 7 completed swags. SJD, Fat Beats, and Emergency are each doing one as well, so that equals 10.

BAM! Mixtape done!

You didn't count the one I already sent SJD


~Mike~

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2012 @ 04:35 PM

At 5/15/12 04:23 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote:
At 5/15/12 02:17 PM, Teqneek wrote: I forgot to link SonicWombat's swag too, so that equals 7 completed swags. SJD, Fat Beats, and Emergency are each doing one as well, so that equals 10.

BAM! Mixtape done!
You didn't count the one I already sent SJD

Yah I did! That's Teq that can't count!


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2012 @ 05:49 PM

At 5/15/12 04:35 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 5/15/12 04:23 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote:
At 5/15/12 02:17 PM, Teqneek wrote: I forgot to link SonicWombat's swag too, so that equals 7 completed swags. SJD, Fat Beats, and Emergency are each doing one as well, so that equals 10.

BAM! Mixtape done!
You didn't count the one I already sent SJD
Yah I did! That's Teq that can't count!

My battle with Gas is done and he's legitimately a fuckin fag.

1. Usin xtra compression on your parts and not the whole track, bullshit. This ain't a production battle.
2. Turning in your verses late TWICE, bullshit. This is BigRed's fault, too.
3. Dissing me in the outro, bullshit. I didn't touch your ass in the intro, fag.

Let it ride. I made a gain change to even out the voice volumes so it'll be a fair sonic representation of both our voices. However, just the fact you pull this gay shit shows no matter who the voters pick, you're forever a cheater in my book. No wonder you make it so far every year.

Let this be said. If we're ever within 50 miles of each other, I challenge you to a videotaped street freestyle battle. I live in Central Alabama, so don't come anywhere near here unless you're ready to fuckin go, you SON OF AN ACTUAL BITCH.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM

New music for your ears, gents.

http://soundcloud.com/kill-bill-on-the-beat/rav-x-kill-bill-
abandoned

OR

  • Rav X KillBill- Abandoned
    Rav X KillBill- Abandoned by KillBillvolume2

    Rav x Kill Bill- Abandoned [Produced by Dom McLennon]

    Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    12 Views

<3

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2012 @ 08:03 PM

At 5/15/12 04:23 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote:
At 5/15/12 02:17 PM, Teqneek wrote: I forgot to link SonicWombat's swag too, so that equals 7 completed swags. SJD, Fat Beats, and Emergency are each doing one as well, so that equals 10.

BAM! Mixtape done!
You didn't count the one I already sent SJD

I wasn't aware you sent him a track. SJD seemed like he was about to give up hope, so I went out and found all the swag tracks posted on Newgrounds that I could.

Senator, this 10 track thing is just a minimum, right?

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2012 @ 09:54 PM

At 5/15/12 08:03 PM, Teqneek wrote:
Senator, this 10 track thing is just a minimum, right?

Yea man of course! The more the merrier


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

At 5/15/12 05:49 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: 1. Usin xtra compression on your parts and not the whole track, bullshit. This ain't a production battle.

In the past years, it has been decided that mixing is a big part of the battle as well. This isn't a freestyle battle, this is an over-the-net recorded written battle. Mixing and production quality along with microphone quality is always going to be an issue with the voters, so why wouldn't he try to make his verses sound good? However, I'm not 100% sure if you meant he used extra compression after each of his verses, or for each of his verses after the battle was done. If the latter, then he should be disqualified, sorry Gasmasq. I was told by Red that I'm not aloud to touch my first verse while I'm working on my 2nd verse, nor am I aloud to touch any of the rest of the track. Rules are rules.


BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 15th, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

At 5/15/12 10:06 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
I'm not 100% sure if you meant he used extra compression after each of his verses, or for each of his verses after the battle was done. If the latter, then he should be disqualified, sorry Gasmasq. I was told by Red that I'm not aloud to touch my first verse while I'm working on my 2nd verse, nor am I aloud to touch any of the rest of the track. Rules are rules.

But it's Da Gasmasq dawg! Deadlines and rules don't apply to Da Gasmasq, cuz he dope!

BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 12:54 AM

At 5/15/12 10:06 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: However, I'm not 100% sure if you meant he used extra compression after each of his verses, or for each of his verses after the battle was done.

SJD is commenting on the mixing, Gas didn't edit his previous verses. I just got home and listened to the battle alongside the previous versions of it, as it stands I'm fine with it. I'm publishing it tomorrow morning.


BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 02:04 AM

suddle... I'm calling you out to battle. We can ask Red to make it official if you want, or it can be a sideline battle. Your choice.

If you want to do battle, PM me and I'll send you the beat I'll be using. Once you reply, you can expect my verse in three days.

AKACCMIOF
AKACCMIOF
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 04:39 AM

At 5/15/12 07:52 AM, Teqneek wrote: I'm all for calling it Swagtrap, but it's up to SJD.

Holy fucking shit PiG; I can't believe you made a song with Lil C. You're a special kind of troll.

YO AXTEKK- What's the count on the big collab track? 12 people signed on to it, and last I heard we had six verses in.

Still 6 dawg. EVERYONE HURRY YOUR SHIT UP.

Also: Fat Beats > PiG (no offence PiG) because Fat Beats is a dude. And also British. Wages are only used as a tiebreaker to discriminate between levels of douchebagness.


Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.
Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 07:03 AM

At 5/15/12 10:06 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: an ok argument IF THIS WEREN'T TRUE

There is a huge, HUGE difference between mixing and using compression as an effect.

First, you will agree that louder voices sound better and more powerful, correct? Right. Now...

The second MC has the opportunity to use compression to make the other voices sound weaker/softer and his voice sound the strongest. This is what I'm accusing Gasmasq of doing with his second verse. This is not proper mixing, this is affecting vocals.

BigRed also FINALLY admitted that Gasmasq was late TWICE. Anybody can counter well if they have a fuckin month to do it. Reason I'm callin him out on it is cuz 1. Goddamn right I want to win, so I'm using ALL aspects of this comp to battle, including the BBS (cuz hell, if the INTRO is important then so is the BBS) and 2. people need to know what this asshole does to make himself look good, which is turn in shit late, use compression as a sidechain effect, and break the STFU rule by fucking with the outro.

All else being equal, my lyrics match his and my flow is better. Taking into account he fucking cheated his entire way thru this round, this should be a no brainer. SJD for the advance.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 07:32 AM

At 5/16/12 07:03 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: SJD for the advance.

You heard him guys.


BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 08:39 AM

At 5/16/12 12:54 AM, BigRed wrote: SJD is commenting on the mixing, Gas didn't edit his previous verses. I just got home and listened to the battle alongside the previous versions of it, as it stands I'm fine with it. I'm publishing it tomorrow morning.

Ok then that's fair, what about the deadline thing though?


BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 08:52 AM

At 5/16/12 07:03 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: There is a huge, HUGE difference between mixing and using compression as an effect.

A difference I'm afraid I can't see.

First, you will agree that louder voices sound better and more powerful, correct? Right. Now...

I suppose? I never really thought about it.

The second MC has the opportunity to use compression to make the other voices sound weaker/softer and his voice sound the strongest. This is what I'm accusing Gasmasq of doing with his second verse. This is not proper mixing, this is affecting vocals.

Red claims that he used it on his vocals alone. So I'm sorry if I don't see the problem.

BigRed also FINALLY admitted that Gasmasq was late TWICE.

Was this through PM? I didn't see it here on the forums. If this is true, then you should really take that up with Big Red and see what he says.

and break the STFU rule by fucking with the outro.

That's quite upsetting cause his last outro was the best of the competition and he didn't once talk shit in it.

Taking into account he fucking cheated his entire way thru this round, this should be a no brainer. SJD for the advance.

All these are right now are accusations of cheating with no proof, timestamps, or anything. Collect all the data you can with the private messages sent to you and the timestamps on them, and send this to Big Red and find out why Gasmasq was given more time to do it or why Big Red hasn't mentioned anything to Gasmasq about it. This seems like a problem for private messages. Once you have 100% proof that Gasmasq did indeed cheat, and if Big Red lets it slip, that's when its time to go public with it.


BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 09:01 AM

Yeah, I don't know what to think about all the time deadline stuff. I do think it's weird how Red removed all the deadlines from the Clabtrap news post. That seems like important info that everyone would like to see. Plus it would have ended any debate about Gas taking too much time.

Whatever happens, I want to hear this battle, and I hope it's a good one.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 09:11 AM

Shit. I meant to include this thought in my last post, but as far as the compression on the vocals: I see no problem with trying to make your shit sound as good as possible. If you're too loud or too quiet, people will call you out on it.

The outro thing- if he's talking shit on his outro I think that's against the rules. If he isn't, then there's no rule against it. And even if his outro is against the rules, it's a guideline that many people have broken in this competition already, and nobody seems to have a problem with it.

So basically, if Gas made his lyrics too loud, then he'll be called out on it. He can adjust his sound levels (before submitting it) and compress to his liking, and I really see no problem with that. Anybody is allowed to do that.

That only leaves the deadline issue up for debate in my book. I don't know how late he's been or what the circumstances are, but if he's just being lazy then Red shouldn't keep letting it slide.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 09:31 AM

At 5/16/12 08:52 AM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: stuff

Dude, I get ur trying to be objective, but you don't know the half.

First of all, BigRed already admitted Gas was late and he said he was gonna note it somewhere so the voters know about it. So there's your 100% proof on that, Mr. Lawyer. However, I didn't know he was gonna give Gas a fuckin month to respond. If that was the case, I'd take that long too and come out with some Eminem "Stan" classic shit for yo ass. Thing is I still matched his lyrics and bettered his flow while staying in deadline.

Second, if you agree with the compression issue and turn this into a production battle, then I'm pullin out all the stops. I'm going to implement every trick I know and make myself sound great. Then I'm gonna overcompress the whole track so it sounds like the other guy is rapping in a tunnel and I sound perfect. And it won't be against the rules according to you.

WTF timestamp? Just look at the waveform, which I did and pointed out to BigRed. He didn't agree, BUT...he didn't notice a difference in the second track I gave him either, which means that he (and you, most likely) don't have the ears of a pro audio engineer.

You don't hear compression and stuff. All you do is vote "Oh the 2nd guy sounded more intense. He wins." When it's a production trick that made him sound more intense, not MC ability. So you don't understand it. Fine. I get it, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

I've already seen that voters don't fuckin pay attention. That's why I gotta let this stuff be known.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 09:59 AM

At 5/16/12 09:31 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: First of all, BigRed already admitted Gas was late and he said he was gonna note it somewhere so the voters know about it. So there's your 100% proof on that, Mr. Lawyer. However, I didn't know he was gonna give Gas a fuckin month to respond. If that was the case, I'd take that long too and come out with some Eminem "Stan" classic shit for yo ass. Thing is I still matched his lyrics and bettered his flow while staying in deadline.

I completely agree. This is how I felt for my battles in the earlier rounds. I noticed every other battle taking ten times as long and it just had me thinking how much better I could have done if I was given the extra time that they were.

Second, if you agree with the compression issue and turn this into a production battle, then I'm pullin out all the stops. I'm going to implement every trick I know and make myself sound great. Then I'm gonna overcompress the whole track so it sounds like the other guy is rapping in a tunnel and I sound perfect. And it won't be against the rules according to you.

As far as I know, Gasmasq only used compression on his vocals, so there isn't any problem there. If you're going to publicly call out Gasmasq, and then Big Red for not doing anything about it, screen capture the different waveforms and do what you gotta do so you'll have some proof for everybody to see.

WTF timestamp? Just look at the waveform.

I don't have the battle file, and I was talking about timestamp of PM's to support your accusation of Gasmasq taking a lot longer than the original 3 days.

You don't hear compression and stuff. All you do is vote "Oh the 2nd guy sounded more intense. He wins." When it's a production trick that made him sound more intense, not MC ability. So you don't understand it. Fine. I get it, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

I'll be able to hear the difference.

I've already seen that voters don't fuckin pay attention. That's why I gotta let this stuff be known.

That's completely fine and understandable, but you must understand you're making accusations about Gasmasq cheating, and in-turn calling Big Red and this whole competition fraud by saying he is allowing him to get away with it. If this is all true then you'll need the proof, or else people are just going to think you're trolling.


BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 10:10 AM

At 5/16/12 09:59 AM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: GRRRRRRRRR

Definitely not trolling, cuz BigRed himself said that Gas was late. TWICE. As for all that waveform stuff, if Gas isn't gonna be disqualified because of the ALREADY ADMITTED LATENESS, then there's no use in doing all that extra work.

I've said my piece. The battle stands on its own from here on out.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 10:19 AM

At 5/16/12 10:10 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Definitely not trolling, because BigRed himself said that Gas was late, TWICE! As for all that waveform stuff, if Gas isn't gonna be disqualified because of the ALREADY ADMITTED LATENESS, then there's no use in doing all that extra work.

I've said my peace. The battle stands on its own from here on out.

Well I never once saw him say Gasmasq was late, not even once but I might have missed that. I don't check these forums everyday. There's no use in doing all the extra work of proving the accusations you have made? Then why originally even mention it?

Ok, it seems this is done. I better go now before Gasmasq comes in here and makes me cry like he did on Facebook that one time.


BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

At 5/16/12 09:01 AM, Teqneek wrote: I do think it's weird how Red removed all the deadlines from the Clabtrap news post.

None of them are removed. I posted a a front page post with only the tracks on it, just look at the older news posts. The 2nd one has everything on it.


BBS Signature
KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 01:15 PM

I think this has turned a bit silly, now. Allow me to give my (totally useless) two cents.

1. The deadline. Yeah, it is a bit unfair, but people still want to see the battle. I don't think anybody needs to get DQed. I'd rather some bullshit happen and give the people a good show then DQ homeboy.
2. The compression. To you and I, experienced engineers, there may be a noticeable difference. But to the average newgrounds listener, and even the guys here (including myself) I'm pretty sure don't really care about the minute details, but will instead look for lyrical ability and flow.

I totally get why you're pissed. Don't get me wrong, I would probably be salty if I was in the same situation. Just let your bars speak. I know it'll be a good battle.
That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot of the waveform, just for kicks. (the audio nerd in me wants to investigate haha)

CogSpin
CogSpin
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 01:17 PM

As a passer byer, I will confirm what Kill Bill is saying....

I don't judge battles on audio quality or anything like that. Whoever is the most entertaining wins, for me. The lyrics don't even have to be that great. It's flow, punchlines and entertainment for me. Unless your mic sounds like complete shit, then I don't care.


cogspin

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 01:21 PM

At 5/16/12 01:15 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: 1. The deadline. Yeah, it is a bit unfair, but people still want to see the battle. I don't think anybody needs to get DQed. I'd rather some bullshit happen and give the people a good show then DQ homeboy.

Then what exactly is the point of the deadline? If its not a rule that is to be followed then I don't see the need for it being there.


BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 01:36 PM

At 5/16/12 01:21 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: Then what exactly is the point of the deadline? If its not a rule that is to be followed then I don't see the need for it being there.

Here's my problem with deadlines. I put them there because I want this tournament to finish in a finite period of time. People have different schedules in their lives and I'm very flexible about moving these things around because honestly it's not a huge deal. When people in previous rounds were DQ'd for being late I generally gave them a few extra days and they probably stopped responding to my messages, etc. it's not like they were *just about* to get their verse in, they probably weren't going to submit one. I have no intention of DQ'ing people over minor technicalities, like being a day late. MCs come here to battle, they battled, lets judge the battle.

Now, on the mixing part, people are allowed to mix their vocals as they see fit as long as they don't edit the other MCs parts and the other MC doesn't complain about what they've done. By listening to the track and responding without complaints you have essentially accepted the other opponents mixing. So Verse 1, 2, and 3 are fine and accepted. Now Senator has complained about the mixing of Gas's 4th verse. This isn't something I need to DQ over, this is something Gas and Senator can solve between themselves.


BBS Signature
KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 02:14 PM

At 5/16/12 01:21 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
At 5/16/12 01:15 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: 1. The deadline. Yeah, it is a bit unfair, but people still want to see the battle. I don't think anybody needs to get DQed. I'd rather some bullshit happen and give the people a good show then DQ homeboy.
Then what exactly is the point of the deadline? If its not a rule that is to be followed then I don't see the need for it

I'm not saying it shouldn't be enforced. I'm just saying if he got it turned in I don't see the HUGE problem.
Just trying to see a good battle and it not be fucked up by some DQ.

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 02:26 PM

Red, Bill, the huge deal about this deadline thing is the fact that someone else may get 3 days while the other may get 5 or a week or beyond. I'm sorry if you all don't see that as a "big deal" but it is. The fact that the person who set-up this whole competition doesn't see violating the deadlines as a big deal is actually kind of troubling to me.

I've never had a problem with the mixing either, Red, I've been neutral about it and I've just been here stating solid facts about it all. Mixing is mixing, if Gas didn't fuck with his 1st verse, or the Senator's verses, then his mixing here is clearly ok.

Keep in mind that I'm coming from a completely neutral point when I'm saying all of this. Everything I've said hasn't even been wrong either. This isn't an opinion of mine, this is just solid fact. When you say "3 days" and then give the 2nd person the advantage of even a couple days longer, that's a big deal. I can understand if someone sends his verse in a few hours late, but days? That's dumb.


BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 02:43 PM

Yeah, I get that too. I've been thinking about just declaring when a verse is submitted late. So, in the track description if a verse was late I'll mark (late) and the judges can take that into consideration. Thoughts on that?


BBS Signature
Scuare
Scuare
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 02:48 PM

At 5/16/12 02:26 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: Red, Bill, the huge deal about this deadline thing is the fact that someone else may get 3 days while the other may get 5

The reason i don't care about the deadline shit is that it hasn't takin me more than two hours to write any of the sixteens I've dones, and i don't think having a week would better any of my verses in this battle. Honestly i don't see it as someone taking every living minute of their day to work on it as much as just not having time in their schedule. If they actually need all that time, then chances are they are probably going to lose because they are having too much trouble coming up with shit. Who takes five days to write 16?

It kind of bothers me that senator is doing this because it seems like he is trying to rally people against gas in a battle that he knows is going to be close. I can't help but feel like everything he is doing is calculated to give himself the advantage and he really doesnt care about these things, he just wants to get people on his side so he can win. I think he's manipulating people and noone is really noticing.

If that is the case man, you are a good enough rapper to win it without all this so stop it and just let the battle happen.


... awww :(