00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

stupidvampire just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

260,077 Views | 3,445 Replies

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 02:10:40

At 5/18/12 01:35 AM, PiGPEN wrote: if you guys feel trolled it's your own fault cuz im not doing shit but being me

We know.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 02:37:59

At 5/18/12 01:10 AM, SoundGoodizer wrote: oh shit im down thought teq was the one challenging me :o

Well, you challenged me, and I'm still down I guess. I really don't have much desire to do it anymore though. I'm just kind of "meh", with battling these days. But you are kind of a dickhead, so I'll still battle if you want.

I was pissed at you back when you were more active up here- rolling in your little pack, telling everyone they sucked, and zero bombing people's hard work for no reason other than pure assholish douchebaggery. Then you went away and I got over it. But yeah, if you still want to battle I'm not going to back down. Plus I'll beat you, so that's an added bonus.

Rampant seems to have more of an immediate bone to pick with you, and he's actually been calling you out for days. I'd oblige the man if I were you.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 02:55:03

At 5/18/12 01:35 AM, PiGPEN wrote: dumb crap

Being you has to make you cry at some point. How does it feel to be an absolute failure? Not trolling, completely serious.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 03:07:32

At 5/18/12 01:35 AM, PiGPEN wrote: Ax you mentioned the trollgame scoring system... if you know it, tell me how much that shit would be worth... tell me how much eveen trolling in this forum would be worth... if you guys feel trolled it's your own fault cuz im not doing shit but being me, yall points aint worth shit.

Hmmmm... around 45 points I think, if you count the comments on this board and the vitirol in Teq's verse, not totally sure though. It's really, REALLY impressive. And no, I don't think you +/-d any reviews, I think that'd be too dull for you, you do what you do 4tl, and there are minimal lulz in that.

Of course, you could always bust into the big points if Teq/ SJD killed themselves.

And actually, I think Maverick may have been physically sickened by your first verse against him, so that gets you into the thousands.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 03:08:27

At 5/18/12 02:56 AM, Scuare wrote:

I know that i would much rather be good at making songs than battling, but i guess that's just my opinion.

I look at battling as a way of approaching hip hop that you normally don't get from a song making point of view. There's something to be said about just ripping into a person lyrically to see who the bigger beast is.

~Mike~

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 03:11:59

At 5/18/12 03:08 AM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: stuff

Switching subject...Wyze, are you on every Thursday? I missed putting ur show on my blog this week.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 03:18:52

At 5/18/12 02:56 AM, Scuare wrote: I feel like you can be good at battling and be bad at making songs, or good at making songs and bad at battling.

Unless of course, your name is Eyedea...

RIGHT GUISE?

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 03:43:19

At 5/18/12 03:11 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 5/18/12 03:08 AM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: stuff
Switching subject...Wyze, are you on every Thursday? I missed putting ur show on my blog this week.

Wednesday. But yes, every Wednesday. 9-11 pm PST, http://civl.ca

~Mike~

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 05:05:14

At 5/18/12 03:07 AM, AxTekk wrote: Hmmmm... around 45 points I think, if you count the comments on this board and the vitirol in Teq's verse, not totally sure though. It's really, REALLY impressive. And no, I don't think you +/-d any reviews, I think that'd be too dull for you, you do what you do 4tl, and there are minimal lulz in that.
Of course, you could always bust into the big points if Teq/ SJD killed themselves.
And actually, I think Maverick may have been physically sickened by your first verse against him, so that gets you into the thousands.

You can't count battle rapping as trolling, it's a given that you try to offend your opponent.
45? 1 point. I've made a single point.
By the troll game point system the tallying committee would give me a point for one of the times i did a single sentence jibe at teq and he lolcow'd out 5 paragraphs. SJD is probably mad at me all the time but it's too hard to prove since he shows it by throwing a few lame insults at me.
45 points is way too much, would need a bigger community or trolling that transcends the ethereal nature of digital text.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 10:12:29

At 5/18/12 05:05 AM, PiGPEN wrote: something about SJD

I use u 4 lulz...I'm just not socially retarded enuff to officially record it. OMG what a loser. U gonna get buried with those troll points?

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 10:31:57

Soooo, I take it there's not going to be a Richard-Suddle battle? I'm actually kind of amazed nobody has brought that to attention yet.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 10:36:04

At 5/18/12 10:31 AM, Teqneek wrote: Soooo, I take it there's not going to be a Richard-Suddle battle? I'm actually kind of amazed nobody has brought that to attention yet.

Maybe not. But there will be a Rampant-Suddle battle, and it will almost be nearly half as good.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 11:01:39

Wait why wouldn't there be a Suddle/Richard battle? It seems to be going smoothly from the old comp page.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 11:13:04

At 5/18/12 10:12 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: I use u 4 lulz...I'm just not socially retarded enuff to officially record it. OMG what a loser. U gonna get buried with those troll points?

yusrsmadoreowut?

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 11:25:40

At 5/18/12 11:01 AM, Obsideo wrote: Wait why wouldn't there be a Suddle/Richard battle? It seems to be going smoothly from the old comp page.

IDK, I just haven't heard a thing about it and you'd definitely think the deadlines have passed by now. Purely speculation though, sheeeeit...

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 11:41:28

At 5/18/12 11:25 AM, Teqneek wrote:
At 5/18/12 11:01 AM, Obsideo wrote: Wait why wouldn't there be a Suddle/Richard battle? It seems to be going smoothly from the old comp page.
IDK, I just haven't heard a thing about it and you'd definitely think the deadlines have passed by now. Purely speculation though, sheeeeit...

Haven't you heard? BigRed gave everybody a 3year extension. And it's not set in stone. Basically, they can turn in the verse anytime.

Ah Ryan, the comfort of your consistency warms my heart. I know that no matter what happens while I promote, I can always come back here to feel superior to a person who is desperately trying to ignore his own irrelevance. Tell me. Does the isolation ever overcome you like a shadow...does your genetic code ever cry out, wailing at its own inferiority, knowing that it will never be chosen for procreation?

How does it feel to have an inferior genetic code that will die with you?

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 13:15:33

Who has yet to submit for the Clabtrap Cypher?

Let's ride their asses until they do it.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 13:16:46

At 5/18/12 01:15 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Who has yet to submit for the Clabtrap Cypher?

I've been doing that every day for like a week, nobody even acknowledges it.

GET YOUR 8 FUCKING BARS IN YOU LAZY ASS BASTARDS

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 17:12:28

At 5/18/12 01:16 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 5/18/12 01:15 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Who has yet to submit for the Clabtrap Cypher?

I've been doing that every day for like a week, nobody even acknowledges it.

GET YOUR 8 FUCKING BARS IN YOU LAZY ASS BASTARDS

You've been riding dudes asses every day for a week?

~Mike~

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 17:29:12

Leave it up to me to complain when someone votes FOR me... I just have to chalk up these different perspectives to different ears... don't make a value judgment based on an uneducated opinion...

Dosko - your enunciation is crap. Deal with it.

Ok dude... only it's not. The first lines of my verse were meant to parody a stereotypical Chinese American accent to bring across the point that Gas is a fake wannabe Buddhist/martial artist/philosopher. That accent is SUPPOSED to be bad because the Chinese alphabet does not contain certain letters that the English alphabet does. *sigh*

As for the rest of my verse, I don't rap too fast. Yall listen too slow.

Also, no offense meant to any Chinese people. It's all jokes in there.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 19:35:00

At 5/18/12 06:02 PM, Dosko wrote: stuff

Sure doesn't. And you seem to be one of the only people who can't understand me.

Whatever, dude. It's cool; you're entitled to your opinion. You just present it like you're a master yourself. The tone of your reviews is really patronizing.

Not to mention the fact that you ADMITTED you know nothing of audio compression, when one of the main reasons for audio compression is to improve the clarity of a vocal. If compression is tampered with, the vocal becomes LESS CLEAR. These technical terms I talk about that you ADMIT you have no knowledge of have consequences to the average listener. That's why I make a big deal out of them.

So it very well COULD be the compression tampering that you are hearing. Learn what you are talking about before you lay down the law like some sort of expert.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-18 20:00:33

At 5/18/12 06:02 PM, Dosko wrote:
At 5/18/12 05:29 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Leave it up to me to complain when someone votes FOR me... I just have to chalk up these different perspectives to different ears... don't make a value judgment based on an uneducated opinion...

Dosko - your enunciation is crap. Deal with it.

Ok dude... only it's not. The first lines of my verse were meant to parody a stereotypical Chinese American accent to bring across the point that Gas is a fake wannabe Buddhist/martial artist/philosopher. That accent is SUPPOSED to be bad because the Chinese alphabet does not contain certain letters that the English alphabet does. *sigh*

As for the rest of my verse, I don't rap too fast. Yall listen too slow.

Also, no offense meant to any Chinese people. It's all jokes in there.
I'm not ignorant, I got your intended purpose. I just think it could have been delivered better. Call me a slow listener all you want, it doesn't change your delivery.

This is probably the biggest problem how can you roast someone for something you misinterpret to be he has too change his delivery so you can understand him? I am from Canada I am not a colloqulial master of American accents but to me I understood the lyrical content just fine. Music is up to interpretation and if you can't hear him theres a lot of reasons.

The quality of the audio Big Red puts on the final cd will hopefully be lossless and thus nearly 5/5 times better than the mp3 quality.

CD: 1500kbps
The mp3 you just heard: 320kbps

Now realize that there really is no mastering allowed in this competion (ie. adjusting one emcee to match the other) your rules are you submit the verse ontop the beat (hopefully losslessly) then the next emcee spits and you don't play with the acapella at all intact.

There is a lot going on here and yeah its easy to be a piece of shit you can vote and say whatever you like but you don't produce any music (from what I can tell) and SJD does. So before you get into an arguement about music with him consider you might be a fucking idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-19 02:59:45

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-19 03:01:44

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-19 04:36:24

HAHAHAHA, nice Kill Bill impersonation on your first verse Suddle...

And you have the fucking nerve to say I copy your style; give me a fucking break.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-19 12:06:12

At 5/19/12 11:41 AM, CogSpin wrote: I voted for suddle because he sounds like Tyler The Creator.

Hear that, Bill? You should feel flattered. Ya boy Suddle loves you so much...

Cog, I asked Kill Bill a while back if he ever gets compared to Tyler the Creator, and he said it happens often. You say Suddle sounds like Tyler, but he actually just blatantly jacked his boy Bill's style- like a bitch. Bill, don't even act like you don't see the resemblance; he stole your flow and voice, lol. What a little ho.

Holy shit I'm awesome.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-19 12:19:17

I always thought Bill sounded like DMX with less cocaine.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-19 12:46:47

>Team Rocket
>No Pokemon sample in the music
>Generic bouncy sawsynth track
>mfw

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-19 12:53:39

At 5/19/12 12:35 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 5/19/12 04:36 AM, Teqneek wrote: HAHAHAHA, nice Kill Bill impersonation on your first verse Suddle...
Well, to be fair, suddle has always spat like that. Like, since I first started talking to dude.

I knew you were gonna say that. But nah, I've heard plenty of Suddle's shit. This is the first time he sounded like that, flow-wise. He jacked your shit dawg. Doesn't even matter though, I just thought I'd point it out for everyone.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-19 13:05:32

At 5/19/12 12:52 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: Well
>Pigpen talking shit
>His favorite rapper is Ma$e.
>MFW

You're confusing me with Kanye West, my favorite rapper is Biggie. I've only ever vouched for Harlem World being a classic 5-Sapporo album.
And we're talking production here, you're wacker than puff daddy without his 8-bar long 80s samples.

Kanye Shrug:

BBS Signature