Be a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

  • 175,845 Views
  • 3,871 Replies
New Topic
SoundGoodizer
SoundGoodizer
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 02:59 PM

can my part just OD on swag? is that do-able?

BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 04:20 PM

Round 2 Publicity

Want your battles to get more reviews? Publicize!

Newgrounds
-Make a news post, make sure to select "Post to Front Page"
-Copy this text and hit post!

Reddit
-Go to this post, upvote the post
-Upvote your favorite battle too, we'll see which one hits the top

Twitter
-Use the #CLAB2012 hashtag when you post things, I'll retweet them
-Follow the list of Battle MCs I made.
-Tweet people your battles and try to get people to vote! Try finding some MCs from your city and use @ to show them the battle. Don't go crazy, only do this to a few people or it becomes spammy. I'm not counting these votes but it's good publicity for you guys as rappers. Also, retweet each others posts in general to help out.


BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 04:21 PM

At 4/29/12 06:28 AM, AxTekk wrote: Some shit

Ax, do we have an estimate what kinda time you'll have the beat up by?

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 08:52 PM

personally. i dont much care for his beats.


BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 02:47 AM

At 4/29/12 04:21 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Ax, do we have an estimate what kinda time you'll have the beat up by?

Probs around 6 GMT, so that's around 1 PM for all the Amerifags I think.

EternalXIII
EternalXIII
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 04:29 AM

  • Ex!!! Scavenger Battle
    Ex!!! Scavenger Battle by EternalXIII

    My entry for The scavenger hunt battle

    Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    15 Views

My scavenger hunt battle entry


Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 06:01 AM

At 4/30/12 02:47 AM, AxTekk wrote:
At 4/29/12 04:21 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Ax, do we have an estimate what kinda time you'll have the beat up by?
Probs around 6 GMT, so that's around 1 PM for all the Amerifags I think.

Make my part nothing but the drumkit. Maybe 1 bass hit, 2 max. And a bunch of beat drops on the 4.
That way i cant possibly hate on your techno composition or thin soundfonts.


BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 06:48 AM

At 4/30/12 04:29 AM, EternalXIII wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/483562
My scavenger hunt battle entry

I'm on this, so it's definitely sa-weeeeeeeeet


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 11:33 AM

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/483592?updated=1

At 4/30/12 06:01 AM, PiGPEN wrote: Make my part nothing but the drumkit. Maybe 1 bass hit, 2 max. And a bunch of beat drops on the 4.
That way i cant possibly hate on your techno composition or thin soundfonts.

Well you managed to tell me too late, brer. Time difference duncha know.

Personally I'd be surprised if you had any intention of letting me know beforehand but meh.

Hope y'all enjoy.

Gasmasq
Gasmasq
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

At 2 days ago, DocterCerebro wrote: The Senator PM'd me to vote fairly on your battle against him. I'm not trying to start shit. Just thought you should know. He says:

"Gas' next opponent is me. I hope that you'll vote fairly. That is, if I hand him his ass, which I am definitely capable of doing, you'll give me the vote. I know this motherfucker has dickriders like a motherfucker. Here's to hoping you're not one of them."

Did anybody else receive this message?

Good tactic, calling into question the objectivity of the judges, Milton. Unfortunately, you're right, they're all my dickriders. That's why I've won the last two years, dontchakno?


NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 02:59 PM

At 4/30/12 12:53 PM, Gasmasq wrote:
At 2 days ago, DocterCerebro wrote: The Senator PM'd me to vote fairly on your battle against him. I'm not trying to start shit. Just thought you should know. He says:

"Gas' next opponent is me. I hope that you'll vote fairly. That is, if I hand him his ass, which I am definitely capable of doing, you'll give me the vote. I know this motherfucker has dickriders like a motherfucker. Here's to hoping you're not one of them."
Did anybody else receive this message?

Good tactic, calling into question the objectivity of the judges, Milton. Unfortunately, you're right, they're all my dickriders. That's why I've won the last two years, dontchakno?

Well, the judging in this shit is undoubtedly corrupt as a motherfucker, and I do believe that many of them just autovote for whoever's been around here the longest.

SJD is not trying to sway votes. I think he just realizes there is some truly retarded ass judging going on here (this isn't me being bitter, I even recieved some dumb ass votes for myself in my battles) and wants to ensure people vote fairly. I see no problem with that. Sending pm's to people may be a bit much, but fuck it- all he's doing is preaching fairness.

Gasmasq
Gasmasq
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 03:09 PM

  • [CLAB] Scavenger Battle
    [CLAB] Scavenger Battle by Gasmasq

    Clabtrap 2012 Scavenger Competition Submission by GasmasQ

    Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    13 Views

Mad props to EternalXIII for including SJD in his entry. Now I get to show that bitch up twice.
Scope!


NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 03:19 PM

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/483592?updated=1
Yo great job with the beat Ax! Hopefully the link I attached looks all pretty now; probably not though.

Okay so now that the beat's out let's get to work! It should not take us long to write and record 8 bars. And please, everyone who signed up, PLEASE make sure you follow through and do your part in this.

All the transitions in this beat flow pretty much perfectly, and someone not participating will fuck that feel up. Knowing this, Pig will probably deliberately not do his part, in an attempt to fuck everything up because he is hopelessly addicted to trolling and is incapable of being a real person. Just kidding Pig!

Not really.

nopalitos
nopalitos
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 03:52 PM

All of my votes for round 2 are in! A friend of mine wants to trade me a usb mic and a bunch of pedals for one of my cabinets so maybe I'll get to join in soon too?


Then I heard the dud rap and I was all like "HOLY CRAP!"

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 04:12 PM

At 4/30/12 03:52 PM, nopalitos wrote: All of my votes for round 2 are in! A friend of mine wants to trade me a usb mic and a bunch of pedals for one of my cabinets so maybe I'll get to join in soon too?

Good luck! Post a rap the day you get it!


BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 06:37 PM

At 4/30/12 12:53 PM, Gasmasq wrote: something arrogant and retarded

I already beat u with my verse on External's beat.

And if that Cerebro thing doesn't prove that this whole thing is rigged, what does? He's runnin to u like you're his dad. I guess PM doesn't mean PRIVATE message. Here's what that fag wrote me.

"Yeah, I'm cool with him and a fan, but I try to be unbiased. It's difficult to be unbiased because if it's a draw, you usually vote for the one you're cool with." ???????????? DIFFICULT TO BE UNBIASED?? Then don't vote!! And then he reported to you like he was one of your street hookers!

You goddamn right I'm doin everything possible to win this battle because I'm better than you. You're a fake, you have no life experience, and you don't need to win. You've got dickriders up the ass because you give people fake ass reviews. No integrity.

This is serious. If I saw you IRL I would slash your damn tires, if you even have a car. You're the worst thing to happen to hip hop since Vanilla Ice.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 07:52 PM

At 4/30/12 06:37 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Vanilla Ice.

Vanilla Ice was a saint. *Wes Mantooth Voice*

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 09:07 PM

At 4/30/12 07:52 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 4/30/12 06:37 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Vanilla Ice.
Vanilla Ice was a saint. *Wes Mantooth Voice*

Actually, his Mr. Fix-It Show wasn't half bad.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
ByronTheRapper
ByronTheRapper
  • Member since: Feb. 24, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

You want the verses sent to you right AxTekk? It wouldn't make sense any other way to me with such a customized beat.

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

So how do you make beats in MSPaint, Tekk?


BBS Signature
DocterCerebro
DocterCerebro
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

At 4/30/12 06:37 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/30/12 12:53 PM, Gasmasq wrote: something arrogant and retarded
I already beat u with my verse on External's beat.

And if that Cerebro thing doesn't prove that this whole thing is rigged, what does? He's runnin to u like you're his dad. I guess PM doesn't mean PRIVATE message. Here's what that fag wrote me.

"Yeah, I'm cool with him and a fan, but I try to be unbiased. It's difficult to be unbiased because if it's a draw, you usually vote for the one you're cool with." ???????????? DIFFICULT TO BE UNBIASED?? Then don't vote!! And then he reported to you like he was one of your street hookers!

You goddamn right I'm doin everything possible to win this battle because I'm better than you. You're a fake, you have no life experience, and you don't need to win. You've got dickriders up the ass because you give people fake ass reviews. No integrity.

This is serious. If I saw you IRL I would slash your damn tires, if you even have a car. You're the worst thing to happen to hip hop since Vanilla Ice.

I'm just letting Gas know what's going on behind his back cuz I don't snoop behind others' back. And I told him I don't care if he calls you out on it cuz who knows how many others you have been PMing. Looks kinda desperate. And I like how you only posted part of what I messaged you. And you wanna talk about integrity? IDK why you would think that I would vote for Gas just cuz I'm "cool" with him on the web. I voted for you on your battle. I have voted against Gas on his battles last year. I have voted against Flex last year. I have voted against Cynic and Nimbus also. I have voted for and against the best. I don't follow the crowd. It's whatever though. If this is what the tournament has become, where we have battlers complaining and PMing the voters then I might not vote for your battle cuz if i vote against you, you're gonna say I'm dickriding. Good luck to both of yall.

nopalitos
nopalitos
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 11:38 PM

At 4/30/12 04:12 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
At 4/30/12 03:52 PM, nopalitos wrote: All of my votes for round 2 are in! A friend of mine wants to trade me a usb mic and a bunch of pedals for one of my cabinets so maybe I'll get to join in soon too?
Good luck! Post a rap the day you get it!

I don't know how to rap, just play drums and bass. I have this one line that's based on tritones in A in 7/8 time that would make a fun track. No way to record it at the moment.


Then I heard the dud rap and I was all like "HOLY CRAP!"

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 30th, 2012 @ 11:49 PM

At 4/30/12 10:31 PM, DocterCerebro wrote: whole buncha crap

No, going behind Gas's back would have been me trying to get your vote unfairly. All you did was uncover a NON-SCANDAL. I asked u for a fair vote because your vote in that last battle was so retarded I felt it necessary.

So yeah, who knows how many other people I have PMd asking for a FAIR VOTE. WOW. Who gives a shit, guy???? You didn't do anything except prove that I have more integrity than your fucking boy!!


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
DocterCerebro
DocterCerebro
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 1st, 2012 @ 12:14 AM

At 4/30/12 11:49 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/30/12 10:31 PM, DocterCerebro wrote: whole buncha crap
No, going behind Gas's back would have been me trying to get your vote unfairly. All you did was uncover a NON-SCANDAL. I asked u for a fair vote because your vote in that last battle was so retarded I felt it necessary.

So yeah, who knows how many other people I have PMd asking for a FAIR VOTE. WOW. Who gives a shit, guy???? You didn't do anything except prove that I have more integrity than your fucking boy!!

Yeah, you still skipped the part where you only posted part of what I messaged you to try to make your point stronger.

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 1st, 2012 @ 03:00 AM

At 4/30/12 10:03 PM, ByronTheRapper wrote: You want the verses sent to you right AxTekk? It wouldn't make sense any other way to me with such a customized beat.

Sounds good =] Got FB's accappella just know, get 'em coming in guys!

At 4/30/12 10:10 PM, PiGPEN wrote: So how do you make beats in MSPaint, Tekk?

PiG I'm insulted. I use instagram for my drum parts, notepad for my synths and I mix it all down in Audacity (EURRRGHH, AUDACITY!)

I'll tell you exactly WHAT fonts I use if you tell the class how you managed to make international news with a game that has graphics worse than most school computing projects, BTW.

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 1st, 2012 @ 04:19 AM

At 5/1/12 03:00 AM, AxTekk wrote: I'll tell you exactly WHAT fonts I use if you tell the class how you managed to make international news with a game that has graphics worse than most school computing projects, BTW.

Tell kotaku you made a controversial game, wait 3 days, interviews.


BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 1st, 2012 @ 04:45 AM

But seriously this beat is awful. Sounds like a bunch of random royalty-free loops shat together into a fecal soup.


BBS Signature
Gasmasq
Gasmasq
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 1st, 2012 @ 06:17 AM

At 4/30/12 06:37 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/30/12 12:53 PM, Gasmasq wrote: something arrogant and retarded
I already beat u with my verse on External's beat.

And if that Cerebro thing doesn't prove that this whole thing is rigged, what does? He's runnin to u like you're his dad. I guess PM doesn't mean PRIVATE message. Here's what that fag wrote me.

"Yeah, I'm cool with him and a fan, but I try to be unbiased. It's difficult to be unbiased because if it's a draw, you usually vote for the one you're cool with." ???????????? DIFFICULT TO BE UNBIASED?? Then don't vote!! And then he reported to you like he was one of your street hookers!

The Doc isn't one of my soldiers. He actually told me he thinks you'll win the comp. No troll bro. (-_-)

You goddamn right I'm doin everything possible to win this battle because I'm better than you.

If you're scared, go to church.

You're a fake, you have no life experience

  • Coming Together
    Coming Together by Gasmasq

    Coming Together feat. Spokane's Mayor Mary Verner

    Score
    3.06 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    281 Views

: and you don't need to win.
You shouldn't need to win either. Weirdo...

You've got dickriders up the ass

*phrasing*

because you give people fake ass reviews. No integrity.

wait... I have dickriders BECAUSE I give lame reviews?

This is serious. If I saw you IRL I would slash your damn tires,

And I will defend my property within my rights. IRL.
http://tinyurl.com/AK-for-Milton

If you even have a car. You're the worst thing to happen to hip hop since Vanilla Ice.

I DREW YOU A PRETTY PICTURE!! YAAAAY!!!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread


NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 1st, 2012 @ 07:03 AM

I NEEEEEEED to win. Im a tears camel, i only drink tears.


BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 1st, 2012 @ 09:58 AM

At 4/30/12 12:53 PM, Gasmasq wrote: some faggity shit

god, I can only hope you give such detailed, specific attention to your kitchen station. Because seeing the way your artistic life, both audial and visual, are going, you should settle in for an extended stay.

As for the good doctor saying I would win, if it was off of dickrider votes, I wouldn't want it. I got onto folks for voting unfairly when I was UP against Jakobe. It really is about fairness for me. I want to get real feedback and improve rather than have to settle for all the auto-5 star dickriding that goes on in this site. I'm just challenging ppl 2 step up and give real reviews. Actually LISTEN - and give real reviews.

I didn't click on that AK picture, because if it's true, I should have you arrested. AKs are illegal, sir. You better hope I don't send Doctor Cerebro a PRIVATE message about it, or you'd be arrested tomorrow.

Another issue - BEAT BATTLE - Ax vs Ms. Lambourn. I got $25 on Ax all day. Who's matching?


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature