• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 03:28 PM

At 4/27/12 03:03 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/27/12 02:53 PM, ByronTheRapper wrote:
Something that made SJD cry for some reason
Byron, as long as you know I love you, in the absolute most homosexual way possible, then we'll be ok.

All this time I thought I meant more to you than just my average-length penis.

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 04:01 PM

At 4/27/12 03:26 PM, Teqneek wrote: Yeah I never knew until yesterday that the SJD beat was what we were actualy rolling with. I was always under the impression that Ax was making something for this.

I'm well up for making something, but I'll only be able to drop it on Monday. If you guys do your spitting to the SJD beat, though, I'm going to go with the same tempo so acappellas to that beat will still be good.

I was thinking gritty throughout, like old school crackly drums, some piano, and a few little variations possibly involving horns, a little synth and definitely piano. I was gonna throw in little nuances each eight to match the rappers idiomatic style (ie: less hi-hat on PiG, more hi-hat on Byron, a bit darker on FatBeats etc.)

If you guys are down with that, I'd like to stress I'd LOVE to do something special for clabtrap (inb4 gayyyy). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. FB, I was thinking of making this kinda like the verse beat for London 2220, but with less sitar. Taking requests.

Anyway, it's whatever, I'll roll with what the majority wants. I'll spit raps over the audio of a woman giving birth, sheeeeit.

Wow, well, it's gonna be a hard sample to find, but I did say I'd take requests......

*Samples grunts and screams to a dotted rhythmic pattern*
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 04:30 PM

At 4/27/12 04:01 PM, AxTekk wrote: Some cool ideas

Some nice ideas there Ax.
I think it's better if you can get it to the same tempo as the previous beat, then we can record our acapella's now and just mix them onto the new beat.
Though if needs be I can do mine on Monday too. I might re-record anyway once I hear the beat, but WHATEVER, MAN.

Lookin' forward to it.

BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 06:16 PM

Second round publicity push is rolling out on Sunday. I'll have some instructions on how you can help. I have some plans for pushes on Newgrounds, Reddit, and Twitter. Is there anywhere else you guys would like to hype this?

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 06:28 PM

At 4/27/12 03:25 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Hellz yah we got a fuckin hit

Cool, man, lemme know when u upload it. I think it turned out pretty good.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 07:24 PM

At 4/27/12 06:28 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/27/12 03:25 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Hellz yah we got a fuckin hit
Cool, man, lemme know when u upload it. I think it turned out pretty good.

I've got a couple of others who want to drop verses as well. Will do though

~Mike~

Carefoot
Carefoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Writer
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

• Free Acid
    Free Acid by Carefoot

Please Beats LSD demo

Score
    1.60 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity

a free acid rap

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 01:35 AM

Wait... so Axtekk is making the beat? Why? #ListenedToHisBeatsAndHaveZeroConfidenceInHim

BBS Signature
AKACCMIOF
AKACCMIOF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 04:02 AM

At 4/28/12 01:35 AM, PiGPEN wrote: Wait... so Axtekk is making the beat? Why? #ListenedToHisBeatsAndHaveZeroConfidenceInHim

If you like I can sample yours for your section of the beat. Or just do something similar to the new tempo, I'm not petty.

That said, if y'all don't wanna rap over a beat I write and not just PiG give a shout, I don' wan be making this shit simply coz pity.

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.
Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 04:03 AM

At 4/28/12 04:02 AM, AKACCMIOF wrote: If you like I can sample yours for your section of the beat. Or just do something similar to the new tempo, I'm not petty.

That said, if y'all don't wanna rap over a beat I write and not just PiG give a shout, I don' wan be making this shit simply coz pity.

Shit, posting off my electronica alt by accident. Oh well, y'all know AKAC = Ax by now I figure.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 04:51 AM

At 4/28/12 01:35 AM, PiGPEN wrote: Some fag shit

Ax, you handled that very well...professional trolls like the pig usually get a more emotional reaction.

As for the pig, seriously...you're like 10 years older than Ax. You wanna try to break someone's confidence for no reason other than you have none of your own, troll me, not Ax. #YeahTotalBigBrotherShitSoWhat #PigYouMissedYourBoat

Get a life. The trolling is fun for a while but seriously, ppl are trying to get a fuckin collab together. Be halfway serious for a minute.

Ax's beats are fuckin solid. Chk the downloads.

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 05:09 AM

At 4/28/12 04:51 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: WARBLGARBL UR A TROLL

I was serious and said it as nicely as possible since i like him. Whereas your beats just suck-ass.

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 05:13 AM

At 4/28/12 05:09 AM, PiGPEN wrote:
playing into my hands

We're both online at the same time. But I went out tonight. To try to meet...uh!!!

GIRLS.

I can bet good money that you've been sitting on your computer this entire time.

Loser. Fucking loser. And the sad part about it is that I can understand your pain. But the difference between us is that I'm willing to do something about it. You're a coward and it's become so ingrained in you that you don't even recognize it anymore.

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 05:17 AM

At 4/28/12 05:13 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: We're both online at the same time. But I went out tonight. To try to meet...uh!!!

Guys?

GIRLS.

:Oh ok.

I can bet good money that you've been sitting on your computer this entire time.

Mowed my lawns, took a shower.

Loser. Fucking loser. And the sad part about it is that I can understand your pain. But the difference between us is that I'm willing to do something about it. You're a coward and it's become so ingrained in you that you don't even recognize it anymore.

Wut? Isn't it kinda late in 'merica? Maybe you should go to sleep.

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 05:22 AM

At 4/28/12 05:17 AM, PiGPEN wrote: Not funny
Mowed my lawns, took a shower.

Your family's lawns.

And thank God for the shower.

Late? Yeah it is, but business owners can go to sleep and wake up when they want to.

Hey, you wanna mow my lawn too for $30 a square acre? Or I could pay you in abject failure, whichever you prefer.

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 05:24 AM

Bet you have a big cock too.

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 05:26 AM

At 4/28/12 05:24 AM, PiGPEN wrote: Bet you have a big cock too.

That's it? You lose this round.

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 04:31 PM

At 4/28/12 05:26 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 4/28/12 05:24 AM, PiGPEN wrote: Bet you have a big cock too.
That's it? You lose this round.

Yo, Jakobe's new song go hard.

• SnowRo - Spacebound
    SnowRo - Spacebound by SnowRo

SnowRo's first single

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity

BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 04:38 PM

Just got back totally swaggerous from an awesome day out. Read posts and felt moved by the bro-ness of all you bros.

At 4/28/12 04:51 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: As for the pig, seriously...you're like 10 years older than Ax. You wanna try to break someone's confidence for no reason other than you have none of your own, troll me, not Ax. #YeahTotalBigBrotherShitSoWhat #PigYouMissedYourBoat

Oh SJD, you such a bro. Seriously though, dw, whether PiG is trolling or just speaking his mind, idc, it's all good. I got a couple fans, and as long as the general consensus is for an Ax beat, I'll do that shit. My ego's raging right now with a cocktail of awesome friends and getting off with a very beautiful girl who I've liked for a while. (Shu'up, I'm not a schoolboy with a crush) But my ego's all good :)

PiG, if you don't like ma shit, that's all cool, I'll do you something spesh. You like the big brass and the 808 kicks right? I can just get together something similar, or just sample your shit. All your call, I'm not about to get all emotional. This music shit's really just for shits n giggles, so s'all guuuuud.

ALSO: ANY SUGGESTIONS, please get them coming in. I'm hitting the studio on Monday and I'm gunning for a one day ass kicking beat. To do that I'm gonna start conceptualising this beat shit, thinking how it'll work. Want to make a decent memento of Clabtrap 2012, something everyone'll look back and laugh at, but do so tapping their foot.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 05:05 PM

At 4/28/12 04:38 PM, AxTekk wrote:

ALSO: ANY SUGGESTIONS, please get them coming in. I'm hitting the studio on Monday and I'm gunning for a one day ass kicking beat. To do that I'm gonna start conceptualising this beat shit, thinking how it'll work. Want to make a decent memento of Clabtrap 2012, something everyone'll look back and laugh at, but do so tapping their foot.

So are you customizing everyone's part to fit their style or something? If so, I really don't want to spit over the audio of a woman giving birth.

Also, whether or not Pig was troling (he was), he's still a negative asshole who would be much better off shutting the fuck up.

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 05:36 PM

At 4/28/12 05:05 PM, Teqneek wrote: So are you customizing everyone's part to fit their style or something? If so, I really don't want to spit over the audio of a woman giving birth.

Yeah, but not majorly. Just 8 bar minor switch ups mostly. I was gonna keep it as olskool as possible on your part, I figured from your earlier comment that's what you''re feelin aight? :)

ByronTheRapper
ByronTheRapper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 05:41 PM

I'm not sure if you actually have ideas to tailor this thing to emcees, but Obsideo is part of this as well if that makes a difference.

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 05:45 PM

At 4/28/12 05:41 PM, ByronTheRapper wrote: I'm not sure if you actually have ideas to tailor this thing to emcees, but Obsideo is part of this as well if that makes a difference.

Absolutely :) I figure as Obsideo tends to go for the Rama tracks, something ol school, orchestral/ jazz samples with well polished drums would fit well.

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 08:06 PM

Now I'm curious, what will you be doing with my part?

~Mike~

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 09:35 PM

At 4/28/12 05:36 PM, AxTekk wrote:

I was gonna keep it as olskool as possible on your part, I figured from your earlier comment that's what you''re feelin aight? :)

It definitely doesn't have to sound "as old school as possible" for my part.

I like spitting on gangster-type shit basically, but I'd say just check my other tracks and you can see what I like in a beat.

I'm anxious to see what this beat is gonna sound like for all of us; hopefully the transitions are smooth and all that because this collab along with the beat has potential to be awesome

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 04:21 AM

At 4/28/12 04:38 PM, AxTekk wrote: You like the big brass and the 808 kicks right?

Why must you be so mean to me?!

BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 06:28 AM

At 4/28/12 08:06 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Now I'm curious, what will you be doing with my part?

Well I figured, same as Obsideo you generally spit over classical style minor key stuff, but maybe with some 808 kicks and hat work as opposed to pure olskool drums.

It definitely doesn't have to sound "as old school as possible" for my part.

I like spitting on gangster-type shit basically, but I'd say just check my other tracks and you can see what I like in a beat.

Yeah, like ol skool bouncy drums and some smooth samples working unobtrusively sounds like your kinda thing, with minimum beat switch ups. (Correct me if I'm wrong) That'd really go with your place in the line up too.

Carefoot
Carefoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Writer
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

At 4/27/12 06:16 PM, BigRed wrote: Second round publicity push is rolling out on Sunday. I'll have some instructions on how you can help. I have some plans for pushes on Newgrounds, Reddit, and Twitter. Is there anywhere else you guys would like to hype this?

I'll upvote before I leave if they are up by the time I wake up from my nap. Which starts... nao.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

At 4/29/12 06:28 AM, AxTekk wrote:

Yeah, like ol skool bouncy drums and some smooth samples working unobtrusively sounds like your kinda thing, with minimum beat switch ups. (Correct me if I'm wrong) That'd really go with your place in the line up too.

Sounds good man, let's do this

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 01:39 PM

I wanna spit rhymes over the actual recording of a nuclear explosion on my gay ass hick hometown.
I'm kidding (don't actually go find a nuclear bomb exploding), but I would love for that to happen.

BBS Signature